Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Faith's secret ❯ A bow and a picture ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Faith's present

By: Dark fire angel

Dark angel: I'm baaaaack!!! *Smiles contently* I've had an inspiration today! Yay! I've been able to write the next chapter, yayness! *Stops to regain her breath* Ooook… I'm fine now, I needed to take some stress off of me, I'm a bit nervous… my A levels start this Tuesday 21… *Looks at calendar* Eck!! 6 more days! I wont be able to take the pressure… what am I gonna do… *Wails in a corner* Ahem… anyhow, on with the chapter… I'll worry some time later.

Disclaimer: Nah… I don't own them, I don't own the Slayers… never have and never claimed to, so don't sue *Winces* please? I'm stressed… -_- remember? Be good with me…

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

The mazoku flashed into downtown and chuckled as he left Filia on the ground; the face of that human had been incredible! He had passed from angry red to ghost-like white the moment he heard who the little girl and his purple haired companion were. It had been very amusing to see him run for his life from a little five year old Golden dragon.

While Xel chuckled over the past experience, the blond ran to the nearby window of a nice looking shop and peered inside to find dozens of ribbons and clothes. Her mouth opened when she saw a particularly sparkly red ribbon and she wished she could have it to tie it in her long hair… such a beautiful ribbon…

The mazoku startled the girl by suddenly appearing by her side, "What's up Fi-chan? Why the long face? Didn't you have fun with your ice cream?" he asked her as he gave her his trademark close eyed smile, "I don't want to see my favorite dragon with such a sad looking expression, come on, tell Xelly what's the matter! He'll fix it!"

For all answer, Filia pointed at the ribbons inside the shop and shuffled her feet, "I was thinking that the ribbons were nice…" she stopped and heaved a sigh, "But Momma and Daddy always tell me that it ain't nice to take stuff from shops…" she looked at the cone she still held in her hand and shook her head, "Ice cream is food, and Daddy told me that it's ok to take food if you need it, but… I don't need the ribbon, so I can't take it." as she finished off, she let herself slide into a sitting position on the ground and sniffled.

The mazoku grinned and wagged a finger in front of her, "All this for a ribbon? Oh, come on! What have I taught you?" he asked as he picked her up and ruffled her hair, "When you're with a mazoku like me, everything is possible! Remember? So don't be sad, let's go get your ribbon! It'll be fun!"

The little dragon's eyes shone instantly as she wagged her tail, "Really? I can have a ribbon? I want the red one! Yay!!" yes, she had forgotten that Xel-sama could do magic tricks! Like when he materialized the dress on her. Plus he HAD told her it was alright; that it wasn't stealing… it was something he called borrowing permanently. < Gee… I'd love to be able to `borrow permanently'! ^-^ I'd be a VERY happy angel! Not that I'm not happy, mind you *Giggles*>

Xellos whispered his plan into the ear of a very giggly, naughty, little dragon girl before leaving her on the floor and flashing out of sight.

Filia cleared her throat a few times before taking in a deep breath and releasing it in the form of wails, sobs and yells for her `lost Daddy'. It didn't take long before the customers and owner of the shop hurried out, frightened by the sudden screams, to find the sobbing girl, which they tried to calm in vain.

In the mean time, the purple haired mazoku had flashed into the shop and had grabbed the most expensive ribbon, laughing quietly to himself when another plan former in his mind; why not take advantage of the situation and get a quick snack of fear from the humans while he was at it?

Therefore, after grinning wickedly, the mazoku teleported himself to the middle of the circle that the humans had done around Filia and opened his eyes as he picked her up, "Why thank you for finding my daughter!" he said smirking at the people surrounding them, as the little blond girl giggled and hugged him happy as ever, "You have my eternal gratitude, what should I do for you? How about I liberate you all from the pains of the world for ever by setting you into eternal sleep?"

The humans backed off and blanched, trembling slightly the moment they noticed it was a mazoku they were facing… mazoku could not be trusted… and this one in particular had a gleam in his eyes that seemed to say beware. It didn't take long before the scared people ran off, leaving Xellos and Filia alone once more.

The purpled haired priest reached into his pocket and pulled out the beautiful, red ribbon, and tied it into the little girl's blond hair before they continued to walk along the streets.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

The day continued on its way, and so it became mid morning when Fi and Xellos reached a park, where various kids played around under the summer sun enjoying themselves to no end.

The little dragon girl looked up at her babysitter with big pleading puppy dog eyes, "Xel-sama… I wanna play a little while… can I?" she hugged his legs in an attempt to win her battle as she pleaded him, for she knew that if she was insistent enough she'd get him to accept.

The mazoku rolled his eyes as he half smiled in amusement, "Sure, go on… and remember all that I've taught you! Ok, Fi-chan?" the mazoku was enjoying himself a LOT. It was very fun indeed to teach a dragon naughty stuff… and it was even more fun when he reminded himself that the rapid-learning blond girl was none other than his Fi-chan.

Said girl giggled, let go of the purple haired priest and ran off to introduce herself to the children of the park, hoping to have the time of her life. So many years stuck in a sanctuary where her elders and parent always bossed her around… a sanctuary where they did nothing more than school, manners and boring things she could not understand. Now she was liberated! Xel-sama knew lots of games to play! And above all, she was able to play with him as if he were her friend!

Xellos watched her play from under the shade of a nearby tree, and his thoughts began to slip into the possibility of her maintaining this same happy-go-lucky character if she were to have to return to her true age… after all, it was better to have a companion to do mischief with rather than a toy to annoy. And with these thoughts, he fell asleep…

"Xel-sama! Xel-sama! I've got a question!" Filia yelled as at him from the distance, however, the moment she noticed he was sleeping, she shrugged and decided him ask him later. So, with that in mind, she seated herself beside him, resting her back on him, and began drawing on a piece of paper and with some crayons that the other kids had lent her for a while. It wasn't everyday she was allowed to sit around doing nothing in particular… let alone draw if not asked to at school.

After a little while, the purpled haired mazoku stirred and began to wake up, realizing that the little dragon had seated herself by his side, resting practically completely on him. She was so absorbed in her drawing and scribbling that it took her a few seconds to realize that Xel was wide awake and staring at her.

"Xel-sama, look what I drew!" she said as she climbed onto his lap to show him her drawing, "Look! I did it all by myself! It's something I dream about often, do you like it?" the little dragon seemed to puff out with pride as she handed her masterpiece at the grinning mazoku.

"Let's take a look, Fi-chan…" however, when he did so, his grin fell and his eyes snapped open; he was staring a drawing of a purpled haired boy playing with a blond haired girl, both seemed to be laughing, "How are they Fi-chan?" he asked her as he continued to stare at the childish drawing.

"I'm the girl!" she said happily as she danced around, "But I don't know who the boy is," she continued as she stopped and pulled on a thoughtful expression, "In my dreams we have fun together…" she shrugged at this point, "I don't care who he is, he's nice and I like him!"

Xellos blinked at her and then blinked at the drawing… weird, very, VERY weird… he was staring at a boy that looked exactly like him only younger, and he had no idea what the hell it meant.

Dark angel: … Finished the chapter and I'm tired. *Smiles* Anyhow, did you like it? Hate it? TELL ME!! Please! If you don't tell me I won't get better, `k? So review! Yay!

*Runs off skipping, dancing and singing `Breeze' in the original version* Bye!!!