Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Kiss Me ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: The song, Kiss Me, is by Sixpence None The Richer. Characters©to H. Kanzaka, R. Araizumi, Kadokawa, TV Tokyo, TV Tokyo Medianet, and Enoki Films, USA, inc..

The moon is bright tonight. Beautiful. It reminds me of other nights Ihavespent with you.

Here you are beside me, like always. You match the night wonderfully as the wind tussles and plays with your midnight purple hair, like always. We are here together, you and me, the silence and the moonlight, like always.

It is here with you I am happy. For awhile I wouldn't admit it to myself, but it is only out here under the full moonwith youthat I am happy. With you likealways.

Kiss me, out of the bearded barley
Nightly, beside the green, green grass
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step
You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress

But there is something different tonight. Oh, kiss me won't you, just the joke kiss it always is. And I used to get mad at you. "Filthy ecchi," I would say, "what do you think you are doing? Oh, you namagomi!"

But you do not kiss me tonight. You smile at me, you take my hand and walk me to the pavilion where we always sit together, but you do not kiss me.

And you seat me on the swing, likealways, and you push me for awhile before you cometo sit beside me, but you do not kiss me.

Oh, won't you kiss me like you always do? I don't want to admit it but…I like it.

I-I…I love you.

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling, so kiss me

Instead of sitting down beside me like always, you take my hand and lead me out into the field. "May I have this dance, madam?" you ask, and you sound almost serious. I just smile. "How kind of you to ask."

The sun has not quite set yet, although the moon has already risen high. The sky is pinks and purples, pale blues and mist. The stars are out too, but they are pale. The Milky Wayis right above us, and I remember my dream as a child of walking along it. Imagine being able to dance across a path of stars, youthere beside me as ever with yourannoying laugh.

The same annoying laugh that echoes in my ears as youaskwhat I could be thinking, to put such a dreamy look in my eyes. "Nothing," I murmur, looking into those amethyst eyes. Youmeld perfectly into the shadows of the evening, yourmidnight purple hair fanning out as youspinme to an imaginary song.

"You are lying Filia. Younever think of `nothing.'Come on, you can tell me."

"Well…alright. I was just thinking of a childhood dream of walking along the Milky Way. I think all little girls dream of things like that."

"My my Filia, what an interesting dream. I'd bewith you,ne?"

"Mmm." I can feel my face heating up. What a dead give away!

"You're blushing, Filia.I guessed right, hmm?" We've stopped moving, stopped spinning. I'm dizzy. I don't think it's from spinning. Oh Xellos, what are you doing to me?

"Come Filia-Chan. There is somethingI want to show you." Youtakemy hand, smiling. Youreyes are closed, like always.

Kiss me down by the broken tree house
Swing me upon its hanging tire
Bring, bring, bring your flowered hat
We'll take the trail marked on your father's map

Tonight seems so special, and you are walking beside me like it always was when we would walk together. But won't you kiss me?

You show me a tree with a thick vine curled aroundit, almost like a staircase. You help me up onto the vine, and we climb up, sitting on a thick tree branch. What a beautiful nightthis is.

You have no idea how much I treasure this time with you.


Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling, so kiss me

I love you Xellos. I should tell you that. But I can't find the strength. I don't want to endanger what we do have.

The music of the night could easily lull me to sleep. I lean my head on your shoulder and you put your arm around me. Why is it so frightening to say those simple words? I love you Xellos. Why can I not just say it?

You hold out your hand, and I see a firefly in it. "Pretty, ne?" you ask. "Like your hair, Filia."

Oh, won't you kiss me? Perhaps that would give me courage. So kiss me.

Please?


Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling, so kiss me

And at last you do. You tilt my head up with a gentle caress and you kiss me, a fleeting kiss. I long for more, like always, but like always, I dare not ask.

"I love you, Filia. I needed to tell you that." And I see your smile as you fade away. I know you will be back soon. Maybe then I'll have the courage to tell you how much I love you. After all, it only took you sixteen years...


So kiss me

So kiss me
So kiss me