Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Mazoku's Domain ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Mazoku's Domain: Part 6 By Jay-chan


Amelia lit the last candle Sylphiel gave her and stood back to admire the beauty of her room once again. The candles were all the color of rich cream and together they made the room feel very welcoming; however, Amelia still felt troubled.

The argument she had with Lina earlier had her very worried. Lina said that she was leaving and Lina always did what she said. During their short friendship, Amelia learned a lot about Lina, like how stubborn and persistent she was, but Amelia still admired her. Although Lina had many flaws, she still was a good person, and would never truly hurt anyone.

"But still...Lina might actually leave," Amelia said quietly.

'...and go where?' a little voice asked her.

"I don't know, but that never stopped her before..." she answered.

'Good point.' the voice replied.

"Oh, that makes me feel better," Amelia muttered.

'What?!'

Amelia decided to ignore the inner voice. Instead she began to examine her room from her sitting position on the bed. Her eyes traveled all over the room for something to keep her occupied and after a few minutes her eyes rested on the door. She let her eyes trace the grain of the dark wood until she traced it to the foot of the door. From there, her eyes fell on a clean white envelope.

It wasn't directly in front if her door, otherwise she would have stepped on it, but it was pushed to the side from when she opened the door. Amelia quickly got up and raced over to the blank envelope.

"Wow! Maybe its a secret admirer!" her eyes became big and dreamy as she pictured a shadowy figure with mysterious eyes and big smile. She sighed happily and ripped open the letter. Quickly scanning the letter her smile faded and she realized that she was terribly mistaken.

"No..." Amelia read over the letter one last time before ran out of her room and down the hall with tears in her eyes. "Zelgadis-sama! Lina-san is gone!"

----------

After landing silently on the moist dirt, Lina made her way to the estate stables Gourry had shown her. Ducking behind bushes and staying in the shadows she quickly reached the side of house she needed to be.

A lantern was lit within the wooden structure and made the windows glow with a warm golden light, making it look somewhat welcoming. Lina sprinted across the open space between the main building and the stables and ducked behind yet another bush beneath one of the glowing windows and she cautiously peered threw the dirty glass.

Inside, she spotted Gourry making his last rounds. A carefree smile graced his young face as he petted each horse in turn before he checked their food supplies and locks. It wasn't long until Gourry finished left, taking the lantern with him.

Lina watched the blond walk cheerfully to the house, humming a happy tune, where he was met by Sylphiel. It wasn't until the door was closed and the curtains were drawn before Lina moved from her hiding place. She quickly picked the lock on the wooden sliding door and walked in.

All the horses looked in her direction when she walked in and greeted her with a few snorts. She smiled slightly and left the door open before she started to walk down the wide walkway covered in hay.

She looked over each horse, trying to find the fastest, when she finally settled on a light gray one with one black ear and a black tail and mane. She petted the horse once before grabbing the reins and opening the stall's door.

----------

Zelgadis finally got Xelloss out of his hair by talking him into going to his own estate, taking a very happy Mizu with him, when Amelia's panicked shouts caught Zel's attention. Letting out a tired sigh, Zelgadis turned to face Amelia as she came rushing down the stairs, nearly falling flat on her face.

"What is it, Amelia?" Zelgadis looked down at the small brunet with a curious gaze as she pushed a piece of stationary into his hands.

"Lina-san is gone!" she cried.

"What?!" Zelgadis opened the wrinkled piece of paper and quickly read over the contents. It read;

>

"Shit!" Zelgadis crushed the note in his hand and ran out the side door towards the stables, Amelia close behind. He passed Gourry and Sylphiel as he ran threw the kitchen and slammed the side door open.

"Lina!" Zelgadis heard the horses from within the stables cry before Lina came bursting through the open door and out into the night.

----------

Lina just finished buckling the saddle onto the horse's back, when she heard the sudden slamming of the kitchen door as it was thrown open.

"Lina!" Then she heard Zelgadis' voice.

"Damn it!" Lina quickly swung herself onto the horse's back and kicked at his sides. He let out a startled 'neigh' before rearing onto it's hind legs and running for the door. Lina could hear the other horse's cries as she went through the open stable door, where she was greeted by the cool night air.

Lina looked behind her and saw Zelgadis run for the stables and emerge on his same white horse and come after her; however, she was already entering the surrounding forest.

----------

Zelgadis ran for the stables and mounted onto his bare back, not bothering with a saddle. Zelgadis had learned to ride bare back a long time ago and now he was thankful.

Once Zelgadis emerged from the stables he saw Lina disappear into the dark shadows of the trees, but he didn't slow. He had to catch up with her and bring her back. For her sake. He knew these forests better than anyone, so he aware of the dangers as well. And when Zelgadis felt a droplet of water fall on his nose it didn't make him feel any better.

"Damn, this rain is going to make this a lot harder..." he mumbled. Lina would be defenseless with the collar he left on her. He was hoping that it would prevent her from doing this because of her lack of magic, but it was obvious that he was wrong. He could only pray that he would reach her before she got herself killed.

----------

The forest seemed strangely loud to Lina as she sped through the thick foliage. The horse's galloping feet were accompanied by the loud patter of the heavy rain fall around her and the swishing of the greenery as it passed by.

Lina ducked as they passed a low hanging branch, but was almost hit by the next one when Zelgadis' voice rang out from behind her. Again she kicked the horse and tried to speed its pace.

----------

It didn't take long for Zel to catch up to Lina since his horse was faster. Once she was in site he called out her name in some vain attempt to stop her, if not to slow her down, but instead she sped up. Zelgadis let out an annoyed growl as he too, kicked his horse and started to gain on Lina once again.

----------

"Damn it! Why won't this guy just give up!" Lina growled as smacked the horse again and leaned forward, but still Zelgadis gained and before Lina knew it, Zel was practically next to her. They were nearing a clearing and the rain was coming down even harder now, almost blinding both of them.

Zelgadis finally gave up on trying to grab the reins from Lina, and so he decided on a more direct approach. Carefully, he moved to one side of his horse and leapt onto Lina's. With the momentum from the sudden flight, Zelgadis was able to take Lina by surprise and pulled her from her saddle, causing the two to topple onto the muddy forest floor, Zel on top.

Lina had the wind knocked out of her from the impact and could hear at least two of her ribs cracking when Zel landed on top of her. Lina turn bright red with the thought of how indecent the two of them must have looked. So she did the only thing she could think of...

"GET THE HELL OFF ME!!!!"

Zelgadis was still a little disoriented when Lina yelled at him, so without thinking, he rolled off her, looking just as red as she was. After doing so, Lina quickly, if not carefully, sat up and tried to ignore the screaming pain coming from her cracked ribs and scraped elbows.

Once she was on her feet, Lina ran strait for the forest, only to be tackled to the ground again. Lina let out a startled yelp as she was quickly spun onto her back and pinned down by a stronger Zelgadis. His hands had her arms pinned above her head and he was sitting on her legs, making movement impossible.

Lina cursed and struggled for a second before locking gazes with the Mazoku Lord. He didn't look too happy, but the feeling was mutual between the two.

"What the hell do you thing you were doing?! You could have gotten yourself killed!" Zelgadis all but yelled. "Do you realize how many dangers are in this forest!?"

"For your information, I do!" Lina yelled back. "Besides, I can take care of my own!"

Zelgadis got a coy look on his face and smirked, "Oh? Then why were you caught by the slave traders? Why did you let Seigram almost break your arm in the slave pen? Why did you allow yourself to be sold?"

"......" was Lina's witty reply.

Zel arched a slender eyebrow, his smirk never leaving his face. "No smart-ass comebacks? No insulting comments?" Lina turned her head and looked away from Zelgadis. Zel suddenly felt guilty.

Zelgadis sighed and bowed his head slightly, "I'm sorry, that was uncalled for." Lina turned her head back suddenly to face the Mazoku Lord's sudden apology, her eyes large with surprise and her mouth slightly open, only to come nose to nose with him. They both blushed slightly before Zel lifted his head more.

"W-why are you apologizing?" Lina asked.

"Well, I didn't mean to be so harsh..." Lina interrupted him.

"No, I mean, you're a Mazoku Lord!"

"What does that have to do with it?" Zelgadis asked.

"No Mazoku Lord ever apologizes. They always think they're right." Lina answered bitterly.

"I already told you, I'm not like them," Zelgadis replied before he started to get up. "Come on, we should go, the rain is getting worse and this area floods."

Lina suddenly got her stubborn streak back, "And why should I go back?"

"I hate to tell you this, but you're going back whether you want to or not," again two stubborn wills clashed.

"Oh, are you going to make me?"

"If I have to, yes. I refuse to leave you out here in the cold and let you die!" Zelgadis growled, taking Lina's hand, but Lina didn't move, instead she just gawked before a small smile graced her face.

"You are different..." Lina stared up into the pair of crystalline blue eyes before her (I don't care if they really are green! They're blue in my story, so there! :P) and snickered.

"Huh? What are you laughing at?" Lina continued to laugh and pointed at Zelgadis. "What?!"

"Y-you're all muddy!" Lina said between her laughter. Zel looked down at himself and smirked. It was true, he was covered, head to foot, in mud. Of course so was Lina.

"Look whose talking," Zel smiled and took Lina's hand again, hauling her to her feet. Suddenly Lina gasped and started to fall again, clutching her side. Her once cracked ribs had been completely broken in half by the second fall and now it felt like she had a pair of arrows protruding from her side. Grinding her teeth together, she tried to fight the darkness that tried to consume her.

"Lina!" Zelgadis quickly caught the falling girl.