Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Mazoku's Domain ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Mazoku's Domain
Chapter 5
Jay-chan

Lina waited for Zelgadis to close the door behind him before she let out an annoyed growl. She was angry. He refused to tell her what he meant by his last statement, and instead, left the room, leaving her to figure it out herself.

~'Are you sure?' What the hell does that mean?~ Lina kept running the conversation over and over in her head as she took out her frustration on the poor dresser drawers and closet door looking for a new wardrobe and anything else that may be of some use.

"Come on, there has to be something better than this damn dress in here somewhere..." Lina continued to complain until she finally found a pair of black pants and a loose white tunic, but no. It took a little fixing, but in the end it fit and looked satisfactory.

"Ah, that's better." She looked at her reflection in the full-length mirror, and as she modeled her new outfit she began to map out a plan of escape for her and Amelia. Walking over the to balcony, she tried to calculate the distance between her and the ground; however, all she came up with was a headache.

"Damn, this won't be easy getting both of us outta here." she growled, "Wonder how Amelia is doing." Lina walked off the balcony and scanned the room once more before quietly moving to open the bedroom's door.

"Looks clear…" Turning to her right she moved towards Amelia's room and knocked on the door. After a short time of silence, she knocked again, but there was still no answer.

"Crap, now I've gotta find her." She scratched the back of her head as she looked down the many halls. "Stupid girl..." Picking a random hall she started too look for the stairs.

____________

~Dumb, that was dumb, Zel. Why not just tell her strait out! You sure as hell can't keep a damn secret!~ Zel continued to scold himself as he returned to the den where Xelloss sat quietly. He let out a tired sigh and he sunk into the soft chair. Zel took one look at Xelloss' grinning face before groaning and covering his face with his hand.

"Have fun, Zel-kun?" Xelloss picked up his drink sipped it casually as he eyed the tired mazoku across from him.

Zel removed his hand from his face and arched an eyebrow, "And exactly what are you hinting at?"

"Nothing. Why, what were you thinking?" Zel flushed and sunk deeper into the chair. Xelloss smiled and changed the subject, "But all kidding aside, Zel-kun," He set his drink down, "You do realize that you are not exactly on Fibrizo's good side right now."

Zelgadis thought back to the auction and nodded, "I know, but why do you think Lina would be so important to him?"

Xelloss opened his eyes, "I'm not sure, but mazoku are very protective of what they think is theirs..."
__________

~Damn, now I'm lost!~ Lina walked down the long halls passing doors by the dozen. Occasionally she would pass a few windows, but she was too busy to stop and enjoy the view. Her palms her literally itching to fireball something when she turned into another carpeted hallway, only to find a dead end.

Lina threw up her hands, "Grr...Where the hell are the stairs!" Turning on her heals she spun around to start again, only to run into something solid instead. She and the object fell to the ground with a 'thump'.

"Ow! Lina-san, please watch where you're going!" Amelia whined as she tried to untangle herself from Lina.

"Amelia?" Lina blinked a few times at her friend before pulling her into a big bear hug, then whacking her upside the head. "Amelia! Where have you been!? I've been looking everywhere for you!"

Amelia rubbed her sore head, "I'm sorry Lina-san, I was just looking for the stairs."

"You and me both." Lina helped Amelia up off the floor. "Did you have any luck?"

"No. You?" Amelia dusted off her white dress again.

"If I had any luck, would I be standing here?" Amelia blinked

"I guess you've got a point." Suddenly Lina's body tensed up and she looked in the direction of one of the linking halls. She quickly stepped in front of Amelia just as someone stepped out of one of the shadows. It was the tall blond Lina beat up earlier that day.

"Oh! There you are!" he said with a charming smile. "I looked in your rooms, but neither of you were there."

"No kidding," Lina said sarcastically.

The man continued to smile, "Yep! So I came looking for you, and here you are!"

Lina gave him an odd look, "Well? What do you want?"

The blond scratched his head and thought really hard, "Umm..." For a while, it looked like his brain was going to over heat. "...I don't remember." Lina facefaulted.

"WHAT?!" Amelia sweatdropped while Lina continued lie on the floor.

~Maybe I hit him too hard...~ was Lina's only thought.

Suddenly the extremely dense man's face lit up, "Wait! I remember now!"

Both girls looked at him expectantly.

"Zelgadis-sama wanted me to show you two around!" Lina propped herself on her elbows as the man started watching a dust speck float by with a stupid smile on his face.

"And how do we know YOU won't get lost?!" She didn't get an answer because the man was still watching the dust speck. "Hello?!" The man blinked in confusion before pulling his eyes away from the ever fascinating dust speck.

"Huh? I'm sorry, did you say something?" Lina buried her face in the carpet again.

"Well, it doesn't seem like we have much choice, Lina-san." Lina muttered something incoherent into the soft carpet as Amelia walked over to the blond man.

"Hello, I'm Amelia! What's your name?" The man smiled at Amelia and shook her hand.

"I'm Gourry."
__________

The threesome walked around the estate the rest of the day, and by the time they reached the kitchen it was an hour past sunset. In the kitchen Lina and Amelia were introduced to the only other two slaves in the estate, Sylphiel and Mizu.

"So, other than Mizu over there, you two are the only slaves here?" Lina sat on the counter by the sink while Sylphiel cleaned the many dishes left by Lina and Gourry's dinner.

"Correct. Well, at the moment anyway." Sylphiel passed another wet dish to Amelia to dry, who was standing to Sylphiel's right.

"What do you mean, Sylphiel-san?" Amelia accepted the dish and proceeded to dry it.

"You see, there are two others, Zolf and Rodimus." Sylphiel said.

"So, where are they?"

"Rodimus is somewhat of a trader. He is always on the road, so he isn't seen very much."

"And the other?" Lina asked.

"Well, Zolf was in a terrible accident, so he is up in his room healing." Sylphiel finished the last of the dishes and dried her hands on a nearby towel.

"Why doesn't your 'Lord' simply use a healing spell to cure him?" Lina was sure to highlight 'Lord.'

"Unfortunately, Master Zelgadis doesn't know white magic." Sylphiel answered quietly.

"I see. So when Zelgadis lost one of his very few slaves, Xelloss so kindly loaned Mizu to him, is that right?" Sylphiel nodded and Lina snorted. "Nice guy." Mizu grunted something from across the room, but Lina missed it. Sylphiel reached over the sink to close the curtains of the small window when she let out a small gasp.

"Oh my! I forgot the washing outside!" Sylphiel took off her small white apron. "Can you help me Gourry dear?"

"Sure!" The two were gone from the room quickly, leaving Lina, Amelia and Mizu to fend for themselves.

Mizu pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against and began to walk out of the room.

"Where are you going, Mizu-san?" Amelia asked quietly.

"I'm going to go see if Xelloss-sama is ready to leave," and with that he left.

"Looks like we're on our own again, ne?" Lina jumped off the counter top and sat at the small table in the middle of the room. Amelia joined her.

"Now what, Lina-san?"

"We leave," Lina answered calmly.

"Nani? What do you mean?" Amelia looked almost shocked.

"What do you think I mean? It's time we leave. It's dangerous for us to be here."

"I don't understand. Zelgadis-sama saved us from the clutches of evil mazoku and has given us a safe haven! Why would you want to leave?" Lina could practically see Amelia mentally placing Zelgadis on a white horse standing proudly in front of a shinning castle. Lina wanted to gag.

"Zelgadis-sama bought us and has taken us to his estate to be his slaves! This is NOT one of you fairy tales Amelia!" Lina argued.

"How can you say such a crewel thing about Zelgadis-sama! He is a nice man, not some crewel monster!" Tears were starting to shine brightly in Amelia's eyes.

"That's just it, Amelia! He's not a man! He's a Mazoku!"

"I don't care! I don't want to leave and I won't!" Amelia set her jaw stubbornly as she attempted to suppress the tears.

Lina slammed her fists on the table, "Fine! See if I care! You can stay here with your prince charming while I get out of this prison!" She pushed her chair back and left the room, leaving Amelia to cry alone.

__________

Later that night Lina scribbled down a note and left it at Amelia's door. She still wore the black slacks she found that day, but now she wore a black sweater instead of her white tunic. Walking up the balcony doors she looked down at the shadow filled garden path and followed it with her eyes up to the dark forest's edge.

Looking to her left, she saw Amelia's light go on in her room. With a small sad smile Lina silently wished her luck and leapt over the balcony's edge.