Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Mazoku's Domain ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Mazoku's Domain
Chapter 4
By: Jay-chan

Lina felt like she was floating in a sea of nothingness where it was warm and comforting, something Lina wasn't used to. She looked in all directions but all she found was blackness, like a void.

Suddenly a sharp pain spread through her body, causing her to curl up into a small ball, whimpering. She looked down at her lower arm and found a familiar scar. The scar then began to move and re-shape itself, slowly ripping itself apart and creating small words.

The once welcoming void turned into a cold and fearful place in the short time this all happened and as Lina read the message engraved into her arm as it began to bleed fresh blood. Her eyes opened wide with recolection and opened her mouth to scream...

...But was silenced by another.

__________

Amelia's scream bounced off the walls of the long halls of the estate, alarming the unfortunate servant who was carrying her. He was about to drop the struggling girl when he noticed that his companion was having the same problem.

Lina woke up with a start after Amelia's scream pulled her from her dream state and into her conscious body, only to find herself in the arms of a blond-haired man.

She looked at him blankly and he mirrored her expression perfectly.

She blinked, he blinked.

She blinked a few more times, he blinked a few more times...

'What the hell!?' Lina finally lost her temper and kicked him in the head. She stood proudly over the man who laid on the ground with swirlies eyes and made a victory sign, then dusted off the imaginary dirt from her hands,

"That'll teach you to take advantage of poor innocent girls!" She smiled proudly.

"Lina-san..." Amelia whined, "...a little help?!"

"Huh? Oh, sorry Amelia! I kinda forgot about you..." Lina scratched the back of her head sheepishly. Walking calmly over to the two struggling figures, she taped the blue-haired male on the shoulder and kicked him in the head, knocking him out cold.

Amelia pulled herself off the carpeted floor and dusted off her white dress, "Thank you, Lina-san. I think..."

"Yeah, whatever." She chose to let Amelia's last comment slip and looked down the long hall. "Let's get moving. There is no doubt that the the lords will be showing up soon." She grabbed the younger girl's wrist and began to drag her down one of the many halls, but they didn't get very far.

"There you are!" The damn purple haired frutecake materialized in front of them, blocking their path. "We've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Hello, Xelloss-san!" Lina mentally sighed at Amelia's friendly tone.

"Don't welcome the enemy!" Lina hissed.

"Xelloss-san isn't the enemy...is he?" Lina wanted to scream but instead held Amelia's wrist tighter and pulled her away from the offending Mazoku, only to bump into another solid figure.

"She's right, we're not the enemy." Zelgadis' soft voice came from behind Lina, causing her to instinctively turn around, keeping Amelia behind her.

"He's right, we are just here to make sure you two are able to find your new rooms." Xelloss' smile never left his face. Lina snorted in disbelief.

"Please, just come with me, and everything will be fine." Zelgadis replied while holding out his hand.

Lina knew that there were no other options at the moment, but being the stuborn person she was, she wasn't going to give in that easily. Instead of accepting Zelgadis' offered hand she stood up strait, looked into his oceanic blue eyes and nodded.

Zelgadis understood what this ment but said nothing, he simply turned around and began to lead them to their respective rooms in complete silence.

They first reached Amelia's room, which was called 'Crystalline' due to the many crystals hung about it. There was a bed, a dresser and a vanity with a mirror, and the entire floor was carpeted in an off-white colored carpet. The bed had a creamy white, velvet comforter with simple decorative white pillows against the headboard. Both the vanity and dresser were an off white as well. In short, it was breathtaking.

Xelloss stayed with Amelia on Zelgadis' request as Zel walked Lina to a room two doors down the hall, not too far from Amelia's. Zel unlocked the heavy oak door and allowed Lina to walk in first. He then smiled at her quick intake of breath.

Lina was shocked, no she was amazed with the sight before her. The room was gorgeous! It was done mainly in different shades of red, gold and blackish-blues. The carpet was a rich blood red that matched the velvet bedspread which had two large, red pillows. The dresser and vanity were made of some kind of dark wood, which accented the room perfectly. However, what made it truly different from Amelia's room, besides the basic coloring, was the second story veranda that had a perfect view of the gardens below and the forest surrounding the estate.

"Do you like it?" Zelgadis' thoughts broke through Lina's thoughts.

"Yes." Lina turned to face Zelgadis, "But what do you want from me in return?"

Zelgadis frowned slightly, "Nothing, what makes you think I want something from you?"

Lina snorted, "Every mazoku lord has a hidden agenda, what makes you any different?"

Zel sighed, "I can't answer that..."

"No kidding."

Zelgadis started again, "...but you will be safe here, I promise."

"And why should I believe you?"

"Why shouldn't you?"

Lina threw up her hands, "You're a Mazoku Lord, for Gods sake! That's reason enough!"

"Are you sure of that?"
__________

Well, that's chapter 4! Like it? I know a lot of people are really getting mad at me for ending all my chapters on cliff hangers, but I can't help it!! I love to do that! Gomen! Please send me C&C, k? Thanks for reading!