Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers: Fight for the Future! ❯ Chapter 1: Help! Where ARE we? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Place Your Web Page Title Here





Authoress's notes: I don't own Slayers or any of the characters. I don't even own myself, so please don't sue. You won't get anything. This is the one and only disclaimer I'm putting up since everyone has to go through the first chapter anyway to get to the others. Read and enjoy!
Chapter 1: Help! Where ARE we?
They'd stayed up almost all night, laughing at various Slayers fanfics they got off the Internet. Finally Tym decided she needed to go to bed.
"Work in the mornin'." she yawned out, trying to get up from the floor.
KC stood up, stretching, then turned off the computer. "Alrighty then. 'night."
"'night." was the half mumbled reply she got back.
KC grinned, shaking her head. Turning out the lights, she went in to her bedroom. Dressing for bed, she flopped down on to the mattress and almost instantly went to sleep. Of course, she didn't think it strange at the time, she was asleep. But usually she didn't fall asleep this fast. Weird...
* * *
When she woke up, it was mainly because of the screaming. Loud screaming. Really close loud screaming. Stifling a yawn, she sat up to see who it was. That was when she realized she was falling. Fast. She looked over the edge of her mattress, muttering "Oh boy." Then she looked up. It was Tym who was doing the screaming. She tried to yell at her over the noise, but couldn't. She looked back down again. The ground was coming up at her awfully fast. "It's times like these when I wish I could cast a spell, or could just fly." She snorted and shook her head. Going to the middle of the bed, she closed her eyes and braced herself for impact. It didn't come. Five more seconds, and still nothing. Tym kept on screaming though. KC opened her eyes, peering around to see what had stopped them. There was a guy with purple hair and a staff floating in the air in front of them. He looked sort of like Xelloss, one of the guys from her favorite anime Slayers. She didn't have enough time to think on this though because he disappeared. She looked down. It wasn't three feet to the ground. Clambering off the bed, she went over to Tym. "Tym? Hey Tymy! You can stop screaming now."
Tym blinked, and finally stopped screaming. KC breathed a sigh of relief. Oddly enough, a little white mushroom cloud appeared in front of her mouth when she did so. Raising an eyebrow, she decided to handle one thing at a time. First off, Tym. There was something... different about her. For one thing. she normally didn't have curly blue hair that went down to the middle of her back. Secondly, she normally didn't have large blue eyes. "I don't think I shoulda ate that pizza last night..." KC mumbled. It was then she noticed Tym looking at her like she'd just grown two heads. "What? What!" She felt up around her head, just to make sure. Then she started blinking. "My hair! My HAIR! What happened to my hair?!" Her normally shoulder length, curly red hair was now extremely short. She yanked out on her bangs, trying to determine what color it was. Silver? ACK! What was going ON here? She also noticed that her ears were... pointy. "What is this, Star Trek? Am I going to turn in to a Vulcan now?" She bit back another sigh and managed to get Tym to come off her bed. As soon as she did both mattresses slammed in to the ground. KC blinked. And blinked again. She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing would come out, so she closed it again. Instead, she nodded her head to Tym, chose a direction, and started walking. Nothing would ever get done by just staying there.
Now normally, Tym was a calm person, unless someone made her mad. But waking up to find your bed falling through the air instead of in your bedroom can shock almost anyone. Except the somehow unshockable KC. She looked over at her friend, letting out a sigh. KC had changed as much as Tym had. Along with the short silver hair and pointy elfin ears she now had large silver eyes. About the only thing that hadn't changed was their clothes. KC was still in her stripped knee length night shirt and she was still in her tank top and shorts. She yelped as she accidentally stepped on a sharp rock.
"Damn it! I think I'm going to start wearing shoes to bed, just in case I wake up somewhere weird again..."
KC blinked at her, then just started laughing. Finally she stopped, shaking her head.
"Come on. I think I see a town not too far down this road. Maybe someone there can tell us what's going on." KC started walking again. Tym, sighing heavily, followed her.
* * *
It wasn't long before they were attacked by bandits. "Stop! Give us all your money!" said what looked to be the leader of the bandit gang. KC face faulted, and after picking herself up she wondered exactly how she did that. Curiouser and curiouser...
"We don't HAVE any money! We barely have any clothes!" KC realized that was the wrong thing to say when the bandits started looking at her and Tym with strange gleams in their eyes and edging towards the two girls. Something popped up in KC's head, from where she didn't know. She almost started laughing out loud. Yeah right, like that would work... But something told her to try it anyway. She concentrated, and could actually feel the energy building up around her. "FireBALL!" she shouted. And, to her and Tym's immense surprise, a large fireball was launched from her outstretched hands and towards the bandits, frying every one to a crisp. For once, KC the unshockable was shocked. Tym had to drag her out of there, AFTER she'd picked up the money the bandits had dropped in their haste to leave, the ones that could move that is, KC leaving deep tracks in the ground behind them. She didn't recover until they were almost to the town. Stopping Tym, she stood up on her own. "I think I'm ok now."
Tym was all over her in an instant. "How did you DO that?"
KC backed off, sweatdropping furiously, hands held up in front of her defensively. "I- I- I- Can we just find someone to answer a few questions for us first? Then I can figure out how I did that." And who, exactly, told me I could... The voice in her head had been vaguely familiar, but she couldn't quite place it.
Tym sighed and finally gave in. "Fine. But you owe me an explanation sooner or later." The two started towards the town again. KC's stomach growled and she realized that neither of them had eaten all day.
"But first, food!"
* * *
They'd finally decided on a restaurant. Every place had signs out front with the pictures of what, at least she was hoping, they served. Everyone in the town invariably stopped whatever it was they were doing to stare at the two. KC just tried to ignore them as best she could. She pushed open the door, letting Tym go inside first. The first words she heard when she stepped in were
"Gourry! I said it's MINE!"
She stopped, and for the second time today, was shocked. She leaned over to Tym, who also looked confused, whispering, "I know that voice. I've heard that voice before. I just can't place it..."
By this time Tym was poking her in the arm, hard, and pointing at something. She looked and saw the two who were fighting. Her jaw dropped to the floor, eyes bugging wide open. It was a few moments before she could collect herself, then she exclaimed to Tym, forgetting to keep her voice down, "That's Lina and Gourry! Holy Ford! THAT'S REALLY THEM!" She stopped talking, looking around. Everyone had stopped, even the two fighting. Sweatdropping again she put her hands behind her back and started whistling, or at least tried to. She'd never been able to whistle, but she could come pretty close to imitating the sound. Attempting to edge out the door, she realized it was being blocked by someone. Looking down, then further down, she realized it was Lina. To have her idol, right here in front of her, was almost too much, but she managed to calm herself just in time before she said something stupid. "Gnrk." Lina looked confused at that. KC cleared her throat and tried again. "Lina. You're Lina Inverse. I would recognize that face anywhere. It's really YOU! Oh wow!"
Lina sweatdropped and Gourry looked at KC, confused. Of course that's how he ALWAYS looked, so it wasn't all that unusual when he asked "Hey Lina, do you know these two?" Lina growled and whacked Gourry over the head with her fork.
"No you dimwit. But this is obviously a fan, so don't scare her off, ok? It seems you know me, but I don't know you. What's your name?" Tym started poking her again and she came out of her stupor, blinking repeatedly.
"Uh uh uh KC Lina-san gaaaahhh PLEASE pleasepleasePLEASE don't Dragon Slave me I think you're the absolute COOLEST and you have really cool powers and you travel with cool people because YOU'RE cool and could we travel with you well that is if you don't mind I promise we'll do our share of work we really don't know what we're doing here and I KNOW in your infinite wisdom you could help us." She finally took a breath and noticed everyone was looking at her, jaws agape. The Queen of Run On Sentences had struck again. And to think, she used to be an English major before she dropped out of college.
Oddly enough, the blonde swordsman didn't look confused for once. "Sure, I don't mind if you two travel with us. Where'd you get those cool clothes? I've never seen anything like them." KC and Tym coughed and looked away.
Lina came out of her run on sentence induced stupor and nodded slowly. "Yeah, sure, I don't mind if you two travel with us. And I'll try to help as best as I can to figure out why you're here." Heck, why not? Nothing interesting had been happening with Lina for a while anyway. She couldn't even find any bandits that were stupid enough to challenge her. It looked as if there would be some strange times ahead, and Lina Inverse, sorceress extraordinaire, was all for it. "Well? Let's go!"
KC coughed a few times. "Umm... could we buy some clothes first?" Lina and Gourry facefaulted, and that was the beginning of one of the strangest (and most cracked out) Slayers adventure ever.