Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers: Fight for the Future! ❯ Chapter 2: Information. Give it to us! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Place Your Web Page Title Here





Chapter 2: Information. Give it to us!
Another beautiful day. Well, besides the fact that it was raining. And everyone was wet and muddy. And bad tempers were flaring all around, except in the case of Gourry, who was knocked out half the time by Lina. Everyone was soaked to the bone and hungry. Which was why it was a stroke of luck when they came upon an inn. Well, for them anyway. A few days after their visit the innkeeper had to close down the place because they'd eaten all the food and... well, the inn was just a smoking crater by then. But, I'm getting too far ahead of myself. Where we come in Lina, Gourry, KC, and Tym are trudging in to the inn, unusually quiet. KC plunked down a bag of coins on the innkeepers desk and made her way upstairs with the rest of them. For once food wasn't the first priority.
* * *
"Ah! I feel MUCH better now! My appetite's back too!"
KC snorted a little at Lina. "Did it ever go away?"
Lina thought for a moment, then grinned and shook her head. "I don't think so. Let's go get some food, shall we?"
* * *
By the time the two got downstairs Tym and Gourry had already started in on a large platter of various foodstuffs. Both Lina and KC practically dove on the food, adding to the chaos. Ten minutes and five servings later everyone sat around the table, stuffed and happy. KC let out a loud burp, then started laughing. Tym just chuckled and shook her head. Lina patted her stomach, slouching down in her chair.
"So, what do we do now? We've been traveling towards Seyruun for the past few days. I'm sure Amelia would be glad to join us on our quest. And I think Zelgadis has been hanging around that area too. I know he'd want to go, if there's a chance we can find a cure for him that is." KC started choking on her coffee. Oh no! Miss Justice freak herself? Finally calming down after Gourry had to pound her on the back a few times she blinked at Lina.
"Amelia? Umm... Sure! Why not?" KC laughed shakily. This was going to be interesting indeed...
* * *
That night, while Tym and Lina were snoring loudly in the beds and KC was stuck on the floor with Gourry, the silver haired elf had time to think over the past days she'd spent in the company of Gourry and Lina. It was strange, to say the least. Sometimes she felt so detached, like none of this was real, and then something would happen to make it all too real. Well, whatever else happened, at least they'd have some fun, of that she could be sure.
Neither Tym nor her had been able to figure out why they'd been sent to this world. Several theories had come up, including an astoundingly smart sounding one from Gourry, but she didn't think that the apples were in so much trouble they needed her help to survive. KC turned over, mumbling something about earplugs, and finally fell asleep.
* * *
"Pokeball GO!" Tym, Lina, Gourry, and the bandits standing outside the inn all facefaulted. KC just laughed madly and threw several fireballs at the bandits while they were off guard. Unfortunately (for the inn at least) they had a magic user in the group. Fortunately he wasn't very strong, and couldn't stand up to a Dragon Slave from Lina. After the smoke cleared Tym looked at the hole that used to be the inn and the surrounding area.
"Umm... Yeah. Next time why don't you use something bigger? I don't think you destroyed that forest over there. AHHHH!" KC and Gourry doubled over, laughing, as Lina chased Tym, sending fireballs and flare arrows at the blue haired girl.
* * *
A few days later they were almost to Seyruun. So far they'd come across three bandit gangs, which was why it was such a suprise when a little old lady, looking suspiciously familiar, stepped in their path. Out of habit Lina almost cast a Fireball at her, but KC stopped the sorceress just in time.
"Wait! That's not a bandit Lina! It's just a little old lady." KC went up to the old woman, bending down to her eye level. "Do you need any help ma'am? I'm sure me and my traveling companions would be MORE than HAPPY to escort you to wherever it is you need to go." Lina and Tym groaned, while Gourry just... well, looked vacant.
The old woman smiled and shook her head. "No, young lady, I don't need any help. But I think you do. I believe you and your friend over there are on a quest. You're searching for something, am I right?" KC and Tym straightened up, a little shocked.
"How- How did you know?" KC stammered out. Tym started to say something but the elf waved her hand at her friend, motioning for Tym to be quiet.
"All will be revealed in due course. I can tell you a little something now though. Up ahead you will face many dangers. You can not do this alone, not even with the infamous Lina Inverse on your side. You need many allies." Lina started to say something this time, but they heard a noise up ahead. Their attention was drawn away for only a second, but when they looked back to where the old woman had been she was gone. KC did that blinking thing again, then tapped her nose.
"Right. Well, let's keep going. We'll never get anywhere by just standing here." The four continued towards Seyruun in their search for Amelia and Zelgadis. Oddly enough, none of them found the source of the noise.