Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers: Fight for the Future! ❯ Chapter 3: Sore wa? Let's get him! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Place Your Web Page Title Here





Chapter 3: Sore wa? Let's get him!
They'd finally, finally, FINALLY reached Seyruun. Between Lina and Gourry's incessant fighting and the strange dreams KC was having, she was being driven slowly out of her mind. So by the time they got to the palace she was actually looking forward to seeing Amelia. Even Prince Phil would be a welcome sight after having to deal with the sorceress and dumb swordsman.
* * *
When they got to the palace the guards stopped them. Lina started arguing with them and KC fumed. Taking a pike from one of the guard's hands she calmly hit both of them over the head with it.
"GET AMELIA OUT HERE NOW!"
Both guards screamed like little girls and ran for it. The elf looked slightly smug with herself and dropped the weapon, brushing off her hands. Lina and Gourry started to go in to the palace, but Tym stopped them. A few minutes later Amelia came out, striding down the walkway indignantly.
"Who hit my guards? That was not very just, but in the- Oh! Miss Lina! Mister Gourry! It's you! And... Who are THEY?" Tym and KC went in to their coughing routine again.
Lina bit back a sigh of frustration and introduced the two. "Amelia, this is KC and Tym. You two, this is Amelia, princess of Seyruun."
"Miss Lina, why are you here? Are you in some sort of trouble? Did something happen?"
"No, no... Well, not really. We just stopped by to see how you're doing, since we were passing through." Lina stated.
KC coughed a little, muttering "You mean to see if you had anything to eat... OW!" Lina hit KC over the head, grinning sweetly at Amelia. The diminutive princess looked a little worried.
"I don't know... Oh, alright, since you are my friends. I suppose one meal and a little rest can't hurt."
KC snickered and whispered to Tym, "Yeah, I bet those were the exact words Napoleon said at Waterloo." The four travelers and Amelia went down the path in to the castle.
* * *
After just about eating Amelia out of... castle and home, Lina, Gourry, KC, and Tym left the castle, Amelia trailing out behind them.
"You sure you don't want me to go with you Miss Lina?"
"We'll be fine Amelia. You have a kingdom to-"
Suddenly, as these things always occur suddenly, a Mazoku appeared in front of the five people. A great big snarling thing, something that looked like it was out of a bad horror movie. "I finally found you! Now it's time for you to DIE!"
Lina raised an eyebrow. "Another one? Why won't these things just leave me alone?"
The monster let out what could only be considered a laugh, though it sounded more like nails on a blackboard. "I'm not after you Lina Inverse. I'm after those two." It gestured to KC and Tym with a clawed finger, then leapt at the pair. KC launched a fireball at it, while Tym ducked behind her tall friend. The Mazoku snarled in pain, roaring out "I'll get you next time. You won't destroy her and fulfill your destinies!" before it disappeared.
Tym slowly came out from behind KC. "Well... that was... unusual..." KC just shook her head. Lina looked back at Amelia.
"On second thought, maybe you should join us..."
* * *
They'd finished getting the supplies they needed and met up at the castle again before heading out.
"So, where are we headed to next?" KC asked.
Lina shrugged. "Well, if we get attacked by any more monsters like that, I say we try and find Zelgadis. I don't know if he'd want to join us, but it's worth a try."
Amelia looked a little hopeful at this and was about to say something when everyone's favorite Mazoku popped up in front of her. She screamed and fell backwards. Xelloss sweatdropped.
"Yare yare Amelia-chan. Am I really that scary?" Everyone in the group nodded slowly while KC helped Amelia up, then glared at Xelloss.
"What do you want, Tinky Winky?"
Xelloss coughed, eyebrows twitching. "I'm not even going to ask what that means, KC-chan. I'm just the messenger anyway. You have been brought here to go on a great quest that will span many kingdoms and millions of lives will hang in the balance. Alright, my bit is done! Bye everyone!" As suddenly as he'd appeared he was gone again.
Tym raised an eyebrow, then sighed. "Let's get going guys. We want to make a few miles before it gets too dark."