Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers: Knightfall ❯ Chapter 8.5 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Slayers: Knightfall
Chapter Eight point Five


Dearest Sister,

I’m not going to waste precious letter space to tell you that you are someone special, destined for great things amidst great hardship. You know that and you know that I know that. So let’s cut the crap and get to the chase.
If you are reading this letter, then either I am dead or I didn’t do a very good job of hiding this thing, did I?
Assuming I am dead then here is some things I have always meant to tell you. Some of these things will be difficult to hear, dictated from the mouth of Ciephied himself. The rest is just things I wanted to tell you as a sister that I never had a chance too.
You are the Knight of the Lord of Nightmares, a Knightmare if you will. You have the capriciousness and moral compass of a wild animal. You follow your instinct more than your conscience and were more than a handful when you reached your terrible twos.
Now before you crumple up this letter in a silly fit of anger, let me tell you why I am telling you these things.
Our parents (though they don’t know of your title) and myself have struggled to keep you on the path of good. And, for the most part, I believe we had succeeded. You aren’t a remorseless, self serving monster like you so easily could’ve become but instead a stubborn, young women who serves her needs thru mostly unreprehensible ways. I say mostly because while I know how you love to slaughter bandits and all, it is still murder in cold blood. You could just beat them up and drag them to the authorities and give the a second chance. Instead you let loose and if any survive, good for them. Which is, I suppose, the essence of chaos. Your essence. Even with the righteous teaching we have instilled you, you are still more akin to a force of nature than that of a normal human.
The Mother of All has seen fit to have a mortal presence in this world in the form of yourself. Do not be afraid of your fate, instead embrace it with your heart and soul along with everything you’ve learned from your friends and family. There will be times when there doesn’t seem to be a right answer and that darkness is the only way. But it isn’t, there is always a balance and even now I will help you find it should you so need.
The time is near for this world. The final battle for the Spear of the World, the focal point between this reality and the Astral Plane is nigh. You are the focus, everything depends on you my sister and as bonecrushingly weighty that may sound I am not without one piece of advice.

Just be yourself.

I say this knowing as a Knight of Ciephied and as your big sister, you’ll do the right thing.

Love,

Sis

I cried the rest of the afternoon after I read Luna’s letter. I cried not only because I missed her, but also because I knew how much she was right.




Tom the Mighty’s Mighty Notes

Just a little something to tide you over. The next chaps going to be a while yet.