Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers: Knightfall ❯ chapter 31 ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Slayers: Knightfall
Chapter Thirty-One
 
“And that is how it all happened, convoluted pregnancy test included. I'll see your five and raise you six,” I tossed said number red chips into the pot. “Needless to say, my powers, while aren't as powerful as they were when they first manifested, they are a lot more stable and energy efficient. I won't be vaporizing continents anytime soon but at least I won't be fizzling out so damn quick anymore.
“Now, if only I could be saying the same thing about Gourry . . ..”
“Oh, burn!” The obnoxious redhead sitting in front of me laughed, and I had a feeling he was even worse in that department.
“Low blow, Lina!” cried the defendant, red as an embarrassed beet.
It was just the four of us, that is I, Gourry, Lantz and Regald. We were somewhere in the middle of Mil's camp inside of a large tent being used as a makeshift saloon. We all met up just a few hours earlier after Gourry and I had made our way back up to the camp after spending the night in the wilderness.
We were, of course, thrilled to see each other alive and well so we all went someplace to go catch up on recent happenings. Which led us to this “bar”; it had roughly twenty tables all arranged saloon style with the main bar (which was just a series of spare desks lined up) facing them all. We sat closest to the bar on the right side of the entrance. Lantz happened to have a pack of playing cards so we decided to play a few rounds of Ruvanagaurdian Hold'Em.
“You're pulling my teeth here!” Lantz whined as he placed six of his last ten chips in. He has been the biggest loser so far of half a dozen games or so. “But still, that was one crazy tale, Lina. I'm almost sorry I wasn't there to see it for myself.”
“Oh, it's not like we're betting real money here. And you would've peed yourself again if you came along.”
“No, just drinks, and that's just low. I've got you guys covered for the next two weeks it seems.”
Ah, but you laughed at Gourry's expense.
“Much obliged,” Regald slapped Lantz on the back. “Besides, it isn't like Lina is going to be drinking much, at least for the better part of a year at any rate.”
“Not unless I want a really special baby,” I quipped as I sipped at my hot milk and tea. It was getting more than a little chilly out and the last thing I needed was a cold. One of the nice things about having a freshly minted body was that there is no going cold turkey on the alcohol as I was already toxin free.
“But you know,” Gourry said, his eyes not leaving his cards as though the values would change if so much as blinked. “You seemed pretty adamant this morning on setting things right with Amelia. I'm pretty sure its past noon by now. I'll see your six.”
“Still have half the day left,” I maybe a little too quickly had said. “Three of dukes, ha!” I slapped my cards down on the table in triumph. I lost the last two hands and now things were looking better for me. Despite my earlier promise of going to set things right with Amelia and Mil, I choose not to deal with them right away. My courage has a nasty habit of falling asleep right as we near our destination; At least when it comes to dealing with that kind of drama.
“I'm out,” Regald said with only the slightest hint of frustration. He only had a pair of jesters.
“Of course I'm out,” Lantz almost knocked the table's legs loose his hands hit the top so hard.
Baby.
“Gourry?” I asked after a minute had passed without him revealing his hand.
“Four of Aces,” He said and showed his hand.
“Well, crap!” So much for things looking up, but at least Gourry actually won a game.
“And, let's see . . . the one with the least chips is . . . Lantz, again,” said Regald, after tallying up our remaining chips. “Looks like this time you owe Gourry a round.”
“I'll take beer, and lot's of it. I'm drinking for three now.”
“Put it on my tab,” Lantz pouted. He seemed really agitated. More so than what a few lost rounds at cards would warrant. He kept scratching at his beard and tapping his fingers.
“Hey,” I said. “What's wrong?”
The red head looked annoyed for a moment but seemed to give up whatever snippy remark he had in mind.
Good. He may yet live to change my kid's diapers.
“It's something in the air,” Lantz shook his head as if he himself could not comprehend his own unease. “Something big is on the horizon, the whole army feels it.”
“We haven't heard from Val, Mil or Zellas in a few days,” Regald put in. “Usually Valgaav is out and about, being either a silent enforcer or giving us one of his patented inspiring yet threatening speeches about honor, battle and defying the gods much to Mil's frustration.”
Hmph, I smirked at that one.
“Yeah,” Lantz went on. “Mil isn't seen as often but he usually makes his rounds once every couple of days, talking people's troubles away or settling disputes and what not. Zellas we hardly ever see. Usually we just get her pet, Xellos, who seems to delight in setting up little mind games.”
“He hasn't hurt anyone, has he?” I asked. I've seen first hand at how dangerous Xellos's mind games can become. Gallia City comes to mind. I haven't heard any news of it being rebuilt yet.
“No, not yet,” Lantz answered. “He just seems to enjoy watching the confusion he sows come to fruition. Like the corn dogs!” He turned to Reg. “Remember those corndogs?”
“Well, I do now. Thanks,” Reg grimaced. “My taste buds are still recovering from that culinary experience.”
“Whatever they were, they certainly weren't corndogs after Xellos decided to be a volunteer gourmand.”
“That was a very big word to use for you, Lantz. I'm so proud of you!”
“Ha ha,” Lantz rolled his eyes, not impressed with my attempt to cheer him up. “The point being, between Xellos' shenanigans and our “glorious leaders” hiding away in some secret conference the last few days, everyone thinks that we are finally going to take the fight to the demons.”
“I don't see how we could with such a small force at our disposal but something is definitely up,” Regald confirmed. “I've been ordered by Gravos, at the behest of Valgaav mind, to increase the frequency and longevity of our combat drills. Duncan has been pushing his mages pretty hard as well from what I've been hearing.”
I snorted and coughed up a substantial portion of my milk, luckily Lantz was there to absorb most of it.
“Did you just say Duncan!?”
“Yeah, why?”
“Skinny kid? Brown hair, knobby knees, glasses and slightly buck toothed, Duncan? Could barely cast a Flare Arrow to save his life Duncan?”
“Oh, yeah! I remember you riding him pretty hard a few times back at Val's fort town. He's really made something of himself, hasn't he?”
“I guess so, if Val saw fit for him to train his Battle Mages. But that doesn't make any sense! How can anybody learn that fast? I must take a look at this for myself! Come on Gourry!”
“But, beer-!”
Marching through the camp with Lantz's worries fresh on my mind, I could now really get a sense of how on edge the place really was. Anywhere that wasn't dead silent was sparsely accented by stilted small talk. Children looked about nervously, wondering what the adults were so worried about while the adults paced, made busy work or just gambled away their time and money.
Something was definitely up. It was becoming as thick as the autumn mist.
Suddenly I heard a pitifully weak sounding voice . . . singing? Even worse, the voice was very familiar. Accompanying the thready vocals was the gentle strumming of an out of tune guitar. I poked my head in-between the wall of a tent and the side of a coffee wagon.
“Coffee, coffee, coffee bean . . .”
“Oh, fer corn's sake! Zel? What's gotten into you?”
“Not coffee, coffee, coffee beans, that's for sure,” Zel weakly mumbled, strumming a few more notes.
Okay . . . this is weird.
“How long have you been without coffee? And when did you pick up guitar?” Asked Gourry, looking as perplexed as I was.
“Oh, a few days, months, years . . . I can't really tell anymore,” Zel said. The poor guy looked as listless and miserable as a leper with AIDS. “I've been playing forever, but carrying around a guitar is kinda cumbersome as an adventurer.”
“Well, good luck with that. Hey, while I'm here, could you show me where the mage training grounds are?”
Zel responded by pointing a shaky finger ominously to the southwest after a quick and overly dramatic guitar riff. “There you must go.”
“Um, thanks. Have Amelia pull a few strings to get you a few bags of coffee, okay? Heck, you may even want to play for coffee if you ever feel like tuning that piece of junk!”
“Bags of coffee,” Zel smiled more than a tad creepily at that. But quickly he resumed his dour demeanor after playing yet another riff, a heavy and slow one. “Amelia is hanging out with Mil, trying to convince the dragon to help her get into Seyruun. I think she dragged Gracia with her, leaving me with little company but for the coffee, coffee, coffee beans dancing in my head. Problem is that they won't stop dancing. I find that to be distracting.”
TWANG . . ..
He shot me one of the strangest cockeyed stares I had ever been unfortunate enough to receive. “What do you think?”
STRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUM . . . STRUM.
“I think you're going just as crazy as Naga was, go get yourself some booze, it might help your headache at the least.”
“Tell Lantz that I transferred the round of drinks he owes me to you,” Gourry generously offered. “Since talking to Lina obviously isn't helping you.”
WHACK! Went the Gourry bashing slipper.
“What did I say?”
“Something I felt was unnecessary, come on.”
Eventually we made it the training grounds. Much like the one at Val's stronghold, it was a large sand pit with various targets and obstacles strewn about for the various kinds of combat scenarios that sorcerers and sorceresses inevitably find themselves in. In the middle of the grounds, much too my still fervent disbelief, was Duncan and a few aides stood, teaching, very well I might add, the finer points of magical attack delivery and defense.
“ . . . Basically brings me to the point of elemental awareness: Earth can become hard as stone or as soft as mud with the right kinds of water type spells, and fire attacks can be rendered useless with any number of combination of spells.”
I would had not at all even had thought to take offence at what he had just said. Problem was he said “rendered useless” as he stared right at me, with a grin that screamed “Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?” And the fact that my element happens to be fire and everyone of my former pupils knew it.
“So, the student finally thinks he caught up to the teacher, has he?” I goaded. I may have been pissed, but it wasn't enough to make me lose my senses. Something was off about Duncan. He still looked exactly the same: Buck teeth, glasses, mop of brown hair and a goofy looking scarf. But there was something . . . luminous about him. Almost as if he was casting a glow on his surroundings. And it wasn't just him either; the woman next to him, a petite, shoulder length auburn haired girl (like me but not as hot) and a slightly chunky looking guy with freckles and fiery hair also cast a slight light.
Hmm . . . magical amplifiers maybe? It would explain the increase of power I'm sensing off of Duncan, but how'd he get so well versed in magical theory? Nope, no sir I don't approve of this situation.
“Lina, there is something really off about these guys,” Gourry softly said, as if he where afraid of ticking off these more than odd magical trainers. “I'm not so sure that picking a fight with them is a great idea.”
“No kidding,” I humorlessly replied, now starting to wonder if picking this fight was the best of ideas. But I couldn't back down now, my pride wouldn't allow me to tuck tail and run in front of all of these fellow mages, many of whom Zephillian. Besides, we were all on the same side here, right? Worst case I get a bruised hide and pride.
“I'm serious, I don't think you should go through with this,” the blonde pressed.
“Relax, I got the Shard, didn't I? Hell, even dying couldn't keep me down.”
“But it's not you I'm worried about.”
“Relax!”
“Welcome back, teacher,” Duncan wasn't giving me an ounce of respect. “As you can see, we did well enough without you getting ready for times to come. In fact, I dare say a few of them could even best you.”
“Ha!” I let burst out. “That's a good one! But a student is as only as good as his teacher. And from what I'm sensing off of you, I must've done something right, yet I really don't think you've got any right sending your pupils after me when this should be a duel between “masters”.” I sarcastically challenged.
“I was hoping you'd say that,” Duncan smiled and he dismissed his aides. “I've been waiting for this for a long time.”
“A couple weeks is a long time to you?” I asked and I bade Gourry to stay out of this. It was all in good fun. I hoped.
“Shall we make this a battle of Shamanistic Spells?” The mage asked.
“Sure, I wouldn't want to make this too easy for me. Too bad I'm just as good at shamanism as I am at Black Magic and as far as I know, you can barely cast a Flare Arrow hot enough to warm butter.”
“Oh, Lina,” Duncan laughed. The strange thing was that I coulda sworn that I had heard that very same laugh before. “You are always shooting off that rude little mouth of yours. Let's see if I can't shut it permanently? Dug Haut!”
“Hey!” Weren't suppose to shake hands first or something? Needless to say, I was now dodging an array of stone spikes bursting from the earth and revving up for a counterstrike. “Gourry! Don't you dare yell “LINA!” even once during this fight! I have a feeling I that I don't need the distraction!” I hid behind the magical stone pillars, using the cover to buy time to formulate a strategy.
“How should I call out to you in panicked distress then?”
“DON'T!” I jumped out form behind my cover and fired a spell “Blam Blazer!” My spell shot unerringly to the unmoving twerp. I almost dared to hope that he would get hit but I knew that he would pull something out of his butt at the last moment.
“Windy Shield!” Just as suspected, Duncan threw up a barrier to deflect my attack. Good thing I had another ready to go.
“Flare Arrow!” The flying blades of flame weren't going to hurt Duncan, as it was fast becoming obvious that he was more than just talk, but they served their purpose in herding him towards one of the training dummies.
“Vu Vraimer!” I called upon some elementals to breathe life into the straw stuffed burlap mannequin and ordered it to attack as soon as it freed itself from its stake.
Duncan merely scoffed at the pathetic looking golem, but he didn't know the half of it.
“Burst Rondo,” the mage intoned. Several tiny balls of light exploded upon the dummy and ignited it.
Just as I had planned.
“You lose, sucker,” I grinned as my immolated golem wrapped Duncan up in a bear hug, causing red flames and orange embers to erupt everywhere around them. At that close proximity, any magical barrier one could cast would be useless.
Talk about a warm embrace . . .
“Brahm Fang!” the mage's wind spell tore apart the already deteriorating golem, and I found that Duncan was terribly under cooked. He must've been wearing some kind of amulet or had some protective ward on him just as I had suspected!
I could've used Knightmare Sight or my Astral Torc to figure out his whatever he had protecting him but what was the fun in that? Besides, we agreed that this was a Shamanism only match. I wasn't about to have it said that the only way I could beat this guy was by cheating.
“That could've seriously burned a lesser mage,” Duncan flatly stated as he brushed off embers and smoldering straw. His eyes were cold yet I could detect the slightest hint of pity within their depths. As if I needed his pity! “Though it seems you are quite the inventive and ruthless one, aren't you?”
“That's what White Magic and Priestess's are for,” I snorted. “If you didn't want to get burned you shouldn't had locked yourself in the oven.”
“Hmph, I could be saying the same about you, Brahm Gash!”
“Yikes!” I flung myself out of the way just in the nick of time. The very dangerous wind spell hit the granite slab behind me, putting a sizable gouge into it.
So that's the way you want to play it, eh?
I come up from my roll and launched a counterattack. “Dimil Arwin!” Like Duncan's before, this was a very deadly wind spell, but unlike that prick's, this one has a wide area of affect. Duncan's eyes widened at the sight of my spell and hastily cast a Raywing, getting himself away from the brunt of it but still getting kicked around quite a bit.
“Arc Brass!” the tumbling sorcerer called, apparently because casting a spell after you find your feet is for pansies.
“Ah, shit,” Arc brass was also a wide area spell, used to incapacitate your target, though I have heard of cases where people hit by this spell became permanently brain damaged. Because the caster can control how large the electric net can be it is almost impossible to escape and I didn't hold illusions that I would.
But.
If I was going to get knocked out then so was he.
“Bogardic Elm!” I slapped a palm onto the sandy earth and watched as my spell almost instantly transform the training pit into a bog. A very wet and spongy bog that smelled like a communal privy hole used by fish people.
“No! You little-!” But it was too late for the both of us. The Arc Brass hit and we both got zapped thanks to waters annoying tendency to conduct zappy-ness.
“LINA!” Gourry cried despite my pleads for him not to.
I really need to teach that lug how to express concern in ways other than screaming, I thought as I slipped into unconsciousness.
I'm not sure how much time had past before I started to wake up. I had a dim feeling that I was still on my back, probably in the same bog I had created. I started to hear voices.
“Is she okay?” A voice that I didn't recognize asked.
“How the hell should I know?” That would be Duncan.
“You know what that spell can do to people sometimes,” said a woman's voice. Also a new one. “The least you can do is to make sure that she isn't irreversibly harmed.”
“Fine,” Duncan groaned. “Gourry, carry Lina out of this bog. I think I caused her enough misery than to examine her in front of everyone. Let's go the infirmary.”
I felt myself floating off of the ground but I could barely feel myself in Gourry's arms. I got the dreadful feeling that I might have gotten nerve damage. Nothing a Priest can't fix though. I could feel a slight pang in around my stomach though, which caused me a vague sense of unease.
“I swear, if Lina is in anyway harmed, I'll take your head,” Gourry uncharacteristically threatened. I must really be scaring him.
“You can try but don't blame me for Lina's problems. She was the one to pick the fight in the first place.”
“Yeah but you could've gone easier on her,” Gourry cried. “She's pregnant for crying out loud!”
“She's what?” Duncan said. The urgency in his query set off a thousand alarm bells inside my head and jacked up adrenaline production to overdrive.
What do you mean, “She's what?”!? Don't tell me that spell is known to cause . . .!
“She's pregnant with my kid!”
“Great,” I could visualize Duncan rolling his eyes at that revelation. “Put her down now! Looks like she may have a bigger concern than just brain and nerve damage.”
 
My eyes finally managed to crack open. Whether it was me recovering or the primal fear that I was feeling I couldn't tell. I first saw Gourry right in front of me, holding my hand and cradling my head. Duncan was staring at me with clinical concern and his two partners looked downright worried, heck even a little guilty.
“Ms. Lina!” cried Amelia who came sprinting towards us. “Don't worry, I'll cast resurrection on you!”
“R-resurrection?' I shakily asked. “I don't need resurrection.”
How did you know that I was knocked out?”
“Maybe you don't but-!” Amelia took a quick calming breath. “Arrgh! How could you of all people be so stupid! You could lose the baby!”
My heart stopped cold. I couldn't speak.
Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no! How could I've been so stupid! Why wasn't I thinking! Because Duncan insulted me and I wanted to get even and didn't listen to Gourry and now my kid might pay the price for it!
My entire body clenched up, I felt like I was going to sob and throw up but could do neither. Gourry's hand gripped my own tighter, his eyes were focused on Amelia's work, willing her to succeed.
Resurrection was the most powerful healing spell there was. I was sure that my kid was going to be fine but my sense of guilt was overwhelming.
Amelia finished casting but her eyes widened with fear. “Oh no! She's bleeding!” she whimpered and I could feel my heart shattering.
“Cast it again!” Gourry barked, as fierce as I had ever heard him. It was strange, it was like I was experiencing this horror from outside my body. Maybe my mind was trying to escape.
“I-I dunno if it'll-!”
“Do it!”
“Move aside!” Duncan yelled, practically shoving the princess out of his way.
“N-, Duncan!” The redheaded aide started.
“Luna would never forgive me if I let this happen,” was Duncan's inexplicable response.
 
“Whatever you plan on doing, do it!” Gourry cried, on the verge of tears. I could feel hot rivers pouring down my own face.
Oh, Sylpheed, please don't take my baby away from me!
“על ידי החסד שניתן לי על ידי ×”×ב, Sylpheed, תן הקטנה להיות spared ו×ת ××ž× ×œ×”×ª×¨×¤×.” I only could make out Sylpheed from all of Duncan's gibberish but from the cadence and inflection it was obviously a spell. Immediately my stomach stopped aching and a the most mind numbing sense of relief flooded over me.
“A Holy Spell!?” Amelia was shocked. “Who, no, what are you? Holy Magic has been lost on this continent for over a thousand years! Not even the most pious of Priests have been able to use it!”
“Guess the cats out of the bag now,” Duncan sighed. “I swear Inverse, you are nothing but a constant source of consternation.”
Oh, now I get it.
“I try, Nehel,” I weakly said. I was wondering how “Duncan” got so powerful and here it's revealed that he wasn't Duncan at all. Go freaking figure. Gourry felt it safe to sit me up and I placed a protective hand over my belly. I peaked into myself with Knightmare sight for an instant and found that my baby was indeed safe.
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
My head drooped in relief and exhaustion. I didn't know what to think of myself just then though.
“Nehel?” Amelia quizzically asked. “Isn't that the name of an Arc Angel . . .? Oh, wow.”
“Hello, High Priestess of Seyruun,” Nehel greeted. “It's not often even someone of your importance to the Church gets to meet someone like me.”
“Uh . . . yes,” Amelia wasn't quite sure how to take that. “Thank you for healing Lina. I wouldn't had known what to do if she had . . .,” she couldn't finish and I didn't really want her to. Better to forget this whole thing happened.
Amelia went on, “Was it you, Your Holiness, that bade me come here?”
“No, it was not,” Nehel flatly denied. “That would be the work of one of my subordinates, the Powers Armisial and Camael.”
“It was I, Armisial, who bade you come,” confessed the woman Angel. “It is my providence to protect the unborn from needless death.” I noticed the cold stare Armisial was giving Nehel. She probably did not approve of our fight not one bit.
Way to make your feelings known before we fought, jackass!
“It was pointless in the end, but I suppose it could not have been helped.” Nehel shrugged. “Anyways, Lina, once you feel you have recovered enough, meet us all in Milgasia's tent. While I care little for you as a person your presence is still required to win this war.”
“Fine, though I must admit you are not as much as a douche bag as I first thought you were.” Arrogant or not, the being still saved me from having a miscarriage and I owed him a debt of gratitude. “I know that we got off on the wrong foot up in the Realm of the Dead, but let's say we make a fresh start?”
“Though I doubt my opinion of you will change all that much, I am bound to accept your heartfelt request.” He offered me his hand and I took it.
“You know, we have a card game planned for tonight. Wanna join in? You two Powers are invited as well.”
“Offer is appreciated,” said Armisial.
“But gambling isn't really are bag,” finished Camael.
“Your loss,” I shrugged. What do Angels do for fun, anyways?
“Mostly watch you mortals running around with your heads cut off,” said Nehel, apparently reading my mind.
“Nothing apparent about it.”
Shut up.
“Not bloody likely.”
“Arrgh! I'm through with you guys! Gourry, let's go find us a tent. I think we need to talk a bit about what I did.”
“Yeah, I think you do,” Gourry's tone was full of disappointment but I knew that I couldn't run away from this, I couldn't run away from Gourry.
Gourry helped me to my feet. I was still very shaky from adrenaline.
“Amelia, I wanted to talk to you and try to set thing right with you and Zel but, well stuff happened obviously, but know that I never meant to hurt either of you.”
Amelia looked a tad embarrassed but embraced me nonetheless. “I know you didn't Lina,” she sniffed. “I just don't understand why you did what you did. I'll come visit you with Zelgadis later, if you feel up to it.”
 
“Of course I do,” I meant it. “I think I learned my lesson about taking things for granted. Tell Zel to bring his guitar; I have a feeling that some Zephillians are going to expect a concert once word gets around that I'm back. Oh! And get him some coffee would you? He's weirding the crap out of us.”
“Right, will do!” There we parted ways for the time being.
After asking a few people we found out where the closest unoccupied tents were and set up home. Gourry and I didn't say much while we moved things and unpacked our things. Gourry was pissed; I could feel it rolling off of him like stink from a taco stand. He just sat there on a wooden chair, noisily breathing through his nose, his face red.
I was feeling fine by now, at least physically. So I took a deep breath.
Time to get this over with.
“I'm sorry, Gourry. You have no idea how sorry I am,” I let out like a nervous warbling bird on crack.
Okay that was the hard part.
Gourry didn't say anything for what seemed like the longest time. It was probably the most nerve-racking moment of my life. I felt the same way I did when we first met, internally freaking out when he was disappointed in me as I was constantly seeking his approval in my roundabout way. It felt like that, only a thousand times worse.
Finally he spoke, though his voice was tight as if he was barely keeping it under control.
“I don't really know what to say to you, Lina. That fight was easily the dumbest and most selfish decision I've seen you make. Ever.”
“I-.”
“Don't, Lina. There isn't an excuse in the world that I would by, even from you, that would convince me that putting our kid in danger like that was acceptable,” Gourry eyes were a sea of anguish and rage, hurting me more than a punch from him ever would. Not that he would, but seeing him like this . . .
I literally had nothing to say. Not a single comeback or excuse would formulate in my mind. He was right. And I feel like the most horrible woman to have ever walked the earth.
 
“I really don't know if I can ever truly forgive this, and I've put up with a lot from you,” Gourry slowly said, as if he couldn't quite believe that he was saying it either. He suddenly stood up, knocking the chair out from under him startling us both. I almost giggled I was that desperate for a change of mood.
“I know that you are selfish, Lina. Easily the most selfish person I can think of. But that was just incredible, even for you,” He stiffly made his way outside.
“W-wait!” I finally found my voice, a sobby, tear choked voice, but it was found. “Where are you going?”
“Someplace not near you for a while.”
I watched him stalk away as I sunk to my knees.
“What have I done?” I weakly asked myself.
 
 
Tom the Mighty's Mighty Notes.
 
Uh oh, I didn't even see this plot twist coming! Don't you just love character channeling? Best part is, I know exactly how to weave this drama into the plot points I already have planned. Now they just get all the more interesting.
 
A few more days til Evolution R! Hopefully makes up for the lackluster Revolution.
 
BTW: Made some Reader Appreciation Gift Art! Want it? Send me a PM or an email at tom_the_mighty@hotmail.com