Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Melee ❯ What is a Verdrix?!?! ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

WEEEEE! It's chapter um...7! Yeah, it's chapter seven! *runs in circles* Wow am I ever hyper. Today I started checking out collages, so that was fun. I also got a new manga today! *ooh's and ahh's at her new manga* I just realized I am rambling on and on and--OOF!

*Rhia kicks Melyn's unconscious form aside and takes the stage.* Sorry about that. Now that she shut up, here's chapter 7.

******

Chapter seven: What is a Verdrix?!?!

******

Melyn dashed threw the woods, by some miracle she did not hit one tree or large branch. Phibrezzo and Naga were another story...

"Rhia!!!" Melyn cried out. She smiled brightly. Soon she would be with her partner and not be the brains of the operation, which Naga appointed as her position in the group. She also decided it best not to let the Hellmaster do the thinking. Who knows where they would end up with him leading.

"Melyn!" Naga called out from behind. She continued to talk but Melyn couldn't hear her.

"What!" Melyn looked over her shoulder. For some reason they were flailing their arms and screaming. "What?! I can't hear--" Melyn was cut off by a loud explosion. It took a split second for her to realize she was the 'thing' that blew up.

The smoke and the fire slowly disintegrated and Melyn fell to her knees. She coughed up a smoke ball "ow..."

Naga and Phibrezzo caught up with her. Naga draped her cape over Melyn. "I told you there was a bomb up ahead. This is a bandits forest and this is where their hide out is."

"How did you know that?" Melyn was gray and ashy from the explosion and looked down-right pathetic.

"We passed a sigh that stated, 'Forest bandits lair. Go back now. Under ground bombs'."

"Oh." Melyn stood up and let Naga's cape fall off her. she looked down at her clothing and grimaced. They were now charred and holey. "Ick."

"Do you have a change of clothing?" Naga stared in amazement at Melyn's hair, which survived the explosion and stayed in the perfect odango buns'.

"No, my bag is with Rhia." This really wasn't what she wanted right now. She hated wearing dirty clothing. Charred, holey clothing was much worse. "Can I borrow an outfit." She looked at Phibrezzo with her biggest puppy eyes.

"Uh..." Phibrezzo stepped back. Doe eyes were sickening

"Pawwweeeezzze" Melyn batted her eyes and pouted.

"I have only one outfit." Phibrezzo paled and looked as if he were going to pass out. "Please stop that sugary look...it hurts..." Phibrezzo held onto a tree for support.

"You can have one of mine." Naga offered.

Melyn was thankful someone was generous, but actually wearing one of Naga's outfits was...wrong on so many levels. She knew if her parents ever figured out she wore something like that she would be killed! Or worse, her parents could take away all her anime! "Fine." Melyn sighed and prayed she would find Rhia (or her backpack) fast.

******

Rhia turned as she heard another loud explosion. This was far smaller that the one she used to punish Zangulus, but it was still quite big.

"What was that?" Amelia whimpered.

"It looks as if we ventured into a bandits forest." Lina laughed maniacally as she knew she would once again stalk up her purse.

Rhia too began to laugh. Money was nice. Bandits had money. There's her collage payments and then some!

Rhia and Lina both ran at full speeds into the forest, the rest of the group followed at a safe distance. Everyone was now terrified by the sorceress and the Neko-jin and they did not want to get anywhere close to two women about to destroy for money.

*******

Melyn groaned and tried to cover herself. She hated dressing in a swimsuit. This was so much worse she couldn't put it into words.

"Why so glum?" Phibrezzo smiled wickedly. He must have been feasting on the negative emotions Melyn was oozing. "Is that outfit too reveling?" He laughed. "I think you look good." The pint size demon put his arm around Melyn's middle and smiled.

"HENTI!" Melyn pulled a mallet out and bashed the kid on the head. Fang were bared as Melyn began to throttle his little neck. "Henti! Henti! Henti!"

After struggling for a minute Phibrezzo finally escaped Melyn. He was breathing hard, due to the lack of oxygen "Is that all you've got?" He mocked

"Darkness from twilight, crimson from blood that flows; buried in the flow of time; in Thy great name, I pledge myself to darkness! Those who oppose us shall be destroyed by the power you and I possess!"

"Eep.."

"DRAGON SLAVE!" Melyn was really really pissed, as anyone could plainly see. She let the spell go in Phibrezzo's direction as Naga headed for the hills.

The loudest explosion of the day slowly subsided and Phibrezzo was charred and it looked as if her were in extreme pain. Melyn smiled in triumph and began to walk away. "That'll teach you to put your hands on my body." She snorted.

*****

This really sucked. Rhia decided that the world was out to get her.

They had found the bandit hideout with ease. But it turned out this particular gang had disbanded and all that was left was a run down building covered in moss and plants. They left nothing behind. There wasn't even furniture or trash.

Lina screamed and kicked the wall. It appeared they would be going hungry here soon and a hungry Lina is bad. A mad Lina, which comes out when Lina gets hungry is even worse.

"Should we stay the night here? It is free." Sylphiel asked sweetly. "It's not that bad and it is dry."

Lina glared.

"It's free." The timid girl smiled.

*****

The afternoon sun was slowly sinking into evening as the trio came upon an old abandoned bandit hideout. Melyn silently stated in her head this was where she would spend the night, with or without Naga and the perv.

The front door opened and the trio stepped back a bit and soon realized that it was Rhikat who emerged. Melyn's eyes swelled with tears and she lunged at her bestest buddy. "RHIAAAAA!" She leapt onto her friend, tackling both of them to the ground.

"Melyn?" Rhia was in a daze (because she fell back and hit her head on a small rock)

"Melyn cried and hugged her friend. "He is so mean! He tried to feel me up and he tried to kill me and he tried to eat my cracker!"

"What are you talking about?" Rhia noticed Melyn's cape was a different shape of black than she remembered. "Melyn? Did you change cloths?"

"Mine blew up so I had to borrow some."

"From who?"

Melyn gestured towards Naga and Phibrezzo. "Her."

Rhia's jaw dropped. By some random chance Melyn ran into the two most unlikely people." You borrowed cloths from NAGA?!"

"I had to." Melyn whined and sat back.

"What's going on out he...he...he..." Zelgadis walked outside out the shelter to find Melyn. "OH GODS NOT YOU!" He screamed.

Melyn stood up. "Rhia, where's my backpack?"

"Inside, next to mine."

Melyn skipped inside, happily humming to herself. A loud shriek of terror followed her entering and Rezo, Kopii, Val and Xellos ran out screaming "Not her again!"

*****

Every thing seemed to have settled down a bit in the past hour. Naga and Lina caught up on what had happened to them in the past. Amelia was thrilled to see her older sister. Gourry and Zangulus talked about swords and stuff (they didn't fight because of the look Martina and Lina gave and thought it wise to fight after they went to bed). Martina talked to the ugly head thing she worshipped, trying to ignore Phibrezzo. Xellos and Phibrezzo talked about demon stuff. Zelgadis was in a deep blue funk. Eris tried to cuddle with Rezo, who was not to happy and blushing many shades of red due to the fact Kopii was laughing at him (remember Kopii hates Eris ad Rezo but laughing seemed like fun at the moment. It made Rezo uneasy). Fillia polished Mace-Sama as she glared at Xellos and Valguav sat away from the group, playing with his Slayers action figures.

No one knew where Melyn ran off to. After getting out of Naga's bikini she called cloths, Melyn ran of merrily holding something in her arms. No one really cared though. In fact all the guys Melyn had glomped as of yet hoped she would be eaten by a bear.

The peace was shattered as Melyn screamed and dashed out of the forest. "Run! For all the love of L-Sama, run!"

The Slayers stared blankly at Melyn. Rhia finally stopped her. "What did you do?"

"Um..." Melyn glanced at the woods "I um...found one of Rezo's spell books in his pajama's. Which are really cute by the way! His PJ's are red and have little hearts all over the pants and--"

"I don't care what Rezo sleeps in!" Rhia shook Melyn "What did you find?!"

Melyn held up a crimson book entitled 'Chimera's like mama use to make' "I got board."

"What did you do?" Rhia began to panic.

"Playing God..."

There was a spooky silence until Amelia squealed. "Oh how cute!"

The group turned to see a small pink bunny hop out of the woods. Melyn screamed and broke out of Rhia's hold "I...It's a...a...Verdrix!" She scrambled up a tree and clutched to a branch. "Keep it away!"

The group sweat dropped. Rhia sighed as she watched it sniff the air. "Melyn it's a rabb--" Rhia turned and say Rezo and Kopii sitting along side of Melyn.

"If you were smart, you'd run!" Rezo called out.

"But is looks so cute!" Amelia smiled

"What it looks like is dinner." Lina licked her lips and pulled out a fork and knife.

The 'Verdrix' sniffed the air in such a cute manner everyone 'awwed' in unison. "Melyn, How can that be dangerous." Lina sighed

"It could be like Melyn. A demon said that once about her. The demon asked how something as cute as her could be dangerous..." Rhia trailed off as she sunk deeper and deeper into her memories. "Good times."

"Hello Mr. Fluffy Bunny!" Amelia and Sylphiel knelt down by it.

The rabbit looked at the two priestesses then bared a set of sharp looking teeth.

"What the hell?!" Amelia screamed as both girls jumped back in fright.

"I said it's a Verdrix! Half rabbit! Half piranha!" Melyn called to the group as she began to cry.

"Oh crap!" The group still remaining on the ground dashed up trees.

"Fire ball!" Lina screamed and shot the spell at Melyn's demonic rabbit from hell.

The spell bounced off the Verdrix like a paper ball wound. The spell instead hit the bandit hut and destroyed their shelter.

Melyn cried harder. "Making it immune to magic sounded like a good idea as the time! I swear!"

The Verdrix began to gnaw on the tree Rezo, Rhia, Melyn, Zelgadis and Kopii were in. Rhia sighed in relief as she watched this. "It's vegetarian!"

"I think it's trying to knock the tree over so it can mutilate our flesh and eat our intestines!" Melyn cried out loud enough to shatter all hope of surviving.

"Throw it Zelgadis!" Rezo screamed "Give him My grandson/great-grandson!"

"I knew you were out to get me!" Zelgadis snarled.

"Throw the stone man!" Kopii yelled

"Is everyone against me?"

"Yes." Melyn didn't think twice as she pushed him out of the tree.

When Zel hit the ground the Verdrix lost interest in the tree and attacked Zel's arm.

Zelgadis howled and tried to shake off the pink fluff of evil.

"Kill it!" Fillia screamed.

"It's eating me!" Zel cried out. Tears ran down his face and the entire cast sweat dropped including the rabbit. The whole 'I'm not scared of anything so I'll be mean' demeanor Zelgadis was known for shattered and everyone lost confidence in his calm cool ways.

"Zel, your made out of stone. It's not eating you." Lina felt really dumb telling him this. Even Gourry got what Rezo was doing.

Zelgadis stopped crying to see the Verdrix still attached to his arm, but it only shred his clothing. He smiled sheepishly and pulled out his sword.

*****

The fire crackled as the Verdrix roasted over it. The smell was absolutely delicious.

Amelia smiled and sat next to Zelgadis. "Are you all right?" She touched his arm where the monster bit him.

"I'm ok." He smiled lightly as she stood and walked away. "Only thing that's hurt is my pride."

Melyn bounced over to the cooking Chimera. "Can you smell what the rock is cooking?" She did a poor imitation of the WWF's The Rock.

"Shut up." Zel groaned as he put seasonings on. "No more jokes about how I look, all right."

Melyn stared at him for a long minute, then spoke up "Dude, are you, like, stoned?"

"STOP!" Zel roared.

Phibrezzo smiled wickedly. "I like her, Xellos. She's very chaotic."

Xellos smiled. "I know. But she's so happy-go-lucky she could kill one of us."

"So why don't we get the best of both worlds. If she's mad she will still be chaotic, but less dangerous." Phibrezzo looked as if he were plotting. "When I was in the woods earlier with Melyn she mentioned she hated one thing. She doesn't like big stupid things." Phibrezzo's smile widened.

"If she doesn't like big stupid thing than why is she friends with Gourry."

"Not that kind of big and stupid!" Phibrezzo sometimes couldn't stand Xellos' mockery. "What we need to give her is something cruel...unusual...ugly..."

"Guav!" Xellos said brightly. Of course Melyn would be scared of Guav! Anything that looked and smelled like him was scary.

"The guy really sucks, but hey! Think of our feast! Both will annoy each other to no end and Val will hate Melyn more for hating his beloved master." Phibrezzo snickered.

"Melyn could kill Guav."

"Than that poor excuse for a mazoku-lacky will kill Melyn!"

"You're a genius." Xellos smiled. "But how do we resurrect the Chaos dragon?"

"Easy." Phibrezzo pulled out one of Rezo's spell books. "There's a spell in here. We do this when they all fall asleep."

******

Ooh! What will happen next? Dun dun dun. Hehe. I'm having so much fun with this story! Just wait and see what happens next! Thank you peoples for those reviews! They really make my day brighter. It also gives me a chance to tell my parents my anime skills do make a difference (even if they still don't believe me.)

About the Verdrix. My brother, D. M. is the one that found it. D. M. plays with magic cards and every blue moon he will give me one. The last one he gave me was a Verdrix. It said it was half rabbit half piranha and it was really dangerous. The wheels in my head began to turn and this chapter was the result.

Disclaimer: Does anyone really read these? Is there a government agency that really goes to all different sites and really makes sure there is a disclaimer? I do hope people realize I am a nerd that likes to read stories people read and I write my own for the enjoyment of others, as well as myself of course. Who in their right state of mind would actually believe I, a seventeen year old super nerd, would actually own Slayers? I do believe the people that write Slayers and other such anime/TV/stories/ yada yada yada would publish it and sell it for a good sum of money and make a profit. I am not making a profit. So this is my ranting disclaimer. Thank you for your time and patience, government agency. I hope this disclaimer is a nice change from the normal ones, and I was wondering if it were possible for me to get a job reading fanfiction and making sure there is one of these babies on every one. If so, how much would I be paid and when can I start?