Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Outrageous: Xellos is a father?! ❯ Begin Quest: God of Secrets ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It is True! Xellos has a daughter! Mesuinu's Quest!
Chapter One. Who IS the God of Secrets?
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu enters a small and quaint town. Noticing an obvious lack of boozing place, she shakes her head and sighs, realizing that it is highly unlikely that her father ever came to such a town for pleasurable enjoyments. Despite her very human appearance and mannerisms, she still manages to stand out in this quiet little village. Maybe she should have her eyes open...ah...but the sun...the sun hurts her eyes. Mesuinu rubs her eyes a bit and opens them. Unlike Xellos, her eyes are bright and big and almost cheerful, though they still resonate with a slight mischief. Was there anything else making her stand out? Her curious expression is little welcoming. She sighs and smiles a cheerful grin that would have sent her father to the grave.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu puts her left hand behind the back of her head, desperately trying to figure out what makes her stand out in the crowd. She blinks a couple of times and poses her staff at an angle so she can rest her head upon it. "Ah...ah...hmmm.", Mesu sighs.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊA fair and beautiful young maiden with golden hair in very large curls and friendly blue eyes approaches the girl in a pink dress that only Goldilocks would wear. At least it wasn't Little BOB Peep. "Excuse me miss, you are a priestess, right?", the maiden inquires. "A priestess," Mesuinu comments realizing what separates her from the others, "are you looking for one?" "Yes I am. My brother is very ill, and the local cleric is out of town.", the young lady explains. "You're just in luck! I am the mysteriously wonderful priestess Mesuinu!", Mesu informs with a bow. "I am Seirra. Please, priestess, you must heal my sick brother!" "I'm not sure if I'm the kind of priestess that you're looking for. I'm a priestess of Kamino Himitsu! Keeper of all knowledge, especially that which is not meant for mortals to know.", Mesu explains. "Oh then you would know what is wrong with my brother and how to cure him! Please come with me!", Seirra exclaims grabbing Mesuinu's arm and running off with her to her humble abode.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu and Seirra arrive at Seirra and her brother's small cottage home in the village. There are only four rooms in the entire house, and although being small, it is still quite comfortable and welcoming. "Please, have a seat. I'm just about to cook lunch.", Seirra informs heading into the tiny kitchen. "Well that's kind of you, but where's your brother.", Mesu inquires taking a seat and stretching her legs across the table. "Oh, he won't be home until this evening.", Seirra replies. Mesuinu falls back and out of her seat. "This EVENING?!", Mesuinu exclaims. "Are you alright?", Seirra inquires with concern stepping out of the kitchen. "Oh yes, I was just wondering why your brother isn't currently home.", Mesuinu speaks sitting in her chair properly, which mysteriously shows no signs of haven fallen over. "Oh, he's at work in the woods. Ever since our parents died my brother went to work as a woodsman to support us...and even though he's very ill, he keeps working out in the woods. Please, just make yourself comfortable while you wait. I'll have lunch ready soon, so please enjoy that.", Seirra explains.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu sighs and decides to make the best of it, by enjoying a free meal. Seirra heads back into the kitchen and finishes lunch up. She heads back out with two fresh bowls of soup and begins setting the table for lunch. "Thanks!" "Oh, it's the least I can do for the priestess who's going to help my brother.", Seirra comments. Mesuinu sweatdrops, wondering if she should leave before she's expected to save the world or something. Seirra takes a pitcher and fills Mesuinu's glass with homemade wine. "Wine?", Mesuinu inquires. "Homemade. It's made from berries that I pick from my garden." Mesuinu takes a tiny sip. "Mmmm...not bad.", Mesuinu informs. "Thank you. Please, enjoy.", Seirra informs taking a seat and beginning to eat her soup. "For the Porcelain Deity!", Mesuinu exclaims and digs into her soap. Seirra raises a brow in confusion then shrugs and continues eating.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu polishes off her soup and wine within a few minutes and pats her filled belly. "Ah, that was delicious. Thank you very much." "Oh, it was nothing. You must be very tired, please rest in the bedroom.", Seirra informs. "Well, I guess I am a little. A nap is only fitting for after eating.", Mesuinu comments and follows Seirra into the bedroom. "Here you go." "Ah, it looks so comfortable. Thank you.", Mesuinu thanks and jumps into the bed that creaks as she bounces slightly. "Ah, yes, I suppose it is. Well then, I'll wake you when my brother has arrived.", Seirra speaks. "Yes, you go do that. Please, don't let me interrupt your routine. I'll just lay right here and sleep. You go on, I'll be fine. I'm the mysterious priestess of secrets you know.", Mesu informs. "If you need anything, I'll be right outside." Seirra nods and steps out of the bedroom.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu reclines on the bed, her staff leaning against the bed and her arms under her head. "Free lunch...free bed. It's almost too good to be true. It would only be fitting that Seirra would turn out to be some hideous monster who begs travelers to help her heal her sick brother and offers in exchange food to eat and a place to rest and when they least expect it...when they are fast asleep...devour them! Well, that's what I would do!", Mesuinu notes silently to herself. Forcing out a yawn, Mesuinu closes her eyes and slowly drifts into slumber.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊSeirra smiles peeking in on the sleeping Mesuinu before heading back to washing dishes. "Not very energetic is she? Oh well, that's not what matters now is it? I better get this house cleaned before my brother comes home. Now sense in the dear coming home to a dirty house.", Seirra comments to herself.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊAfter ten minutes, Seirra creeps into the bedroom and looms over the young priestess. Mesuinu peeks one of her eyes open, yet still silted. "Is your brother home already?", Mesu asks slyly. "Oh, no, not yet, I was just checking to make sure you were sleeping soundly. You need to save your energy for when my brother gets home. I really can't thank you enough.", Seirra informs. "Oh." "I'm sorry for waking you up. I'll go back to my chores now.", Seirra comments and leaves. Mesuinu's eye focuses on Seirra as she picks up a broom and begins sweeping the house.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ"One sweep. Two sweep. Clean. One sweep. Two sweep. Clean. One sweep. Two sweep. Clean. Not nearly amusing enough.", Mesuinu comments watching Seirra sweep back and forth to little avail. She lets a silent sigh slip from her lips. "Are there really humans this dull and disinteresting? Now I KNOW my father never came to this town.", Mesuinu reflects silently and closes her eyes again. Slowly, but surely, she falls asleep.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ"Ah, it appears that she has fallen asleep again. I best not wake her.", Seirra notes glancing into the room. Seirra sighs and continues her boring and virtually pointless sweeping. Mesuinu yawns, startling Seirra. Seirra looks back from her chores, and certain that her guest is still sleeping peacefully and not in need of anything, she continues her very dull and unproductive sweeping. Mesuinu yawns again, but Seirra ignores it and continues her house tidying. "HMMMMMMM....HMMMMMMM...this is SOOOOOOO boring! I'm too energetic and LIVELY to be sleeping...but this girl wants me to help her brother. Sesh...the things I get suckered into. I'm the daughter of Xellos, I'm not suppose to be helping others, I'm suppose to be reigning chaos and destruction upon the masses, unleashing hordes of ravers...er zombies! Yes, zombies, there's no such thing as ravers...yah...yah, ravers don't exist...they don't exist I tell you! Yah...unleash my horde of zombies and mess with American gamers' head. Speaking of webcomics...I'd like to get out of this hut and go to a time where such extravagant luxuries and pleasures exist.", Mesuinu thinks to herself as she turns over to her side facing away from Seirra.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊHer eyes slowly open into two narrow slits. If the evening did not come soon, she definitely would not be there anymore. However, just as she begins to turn over, she notices two tall beings hovering over her bed. Mesuinu notes that the feminine one is the same as Seirra, and the vampire-like male, had to be her "brother." The brother lunges to pin Mesuinu down, but expecting such a turn of events, she sleekly slips out of his grasp. "Ah, just as I had suspected, you are monsters trying to devour me!", Mesu proclaims. "Yes, how clever of you to figure that out, but even now that you know this, you cannot escape from us. You are still weak and weary from the poison.", Seirra informs. "That was poison? Oh thank the Porcelain deity, I get to keep my kidneys for a little longer!", Mesuinu exclaims sarcastically, with eyes closed. The brother leaps after the adventuring priestess, but the daughter of Xellos hops away like a frog and into the window. She kicks it out and flips up onto the roof.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ"I suppose it wouldn't take them too long to come up after me, so I better....", Mesuinu comments, broken off by the sight of a group of vampires already on her roof. Mesuinu blinks innocently. "Oh, it appears that the entire town are vampires.", Mesuinu states the obvious. The group charges after her but the mischievous miko merely hovers up into the air causing several to run off over the roof. "Such a pity. You know not whom you're messing with. Very well, before I send you to oblivion, I shall reveal to you who I really am. I am Mesuinu, daughter of Xellos, the general/priest of Lord Beastmaster...PREPARE FOR YOUR END!!!!" Mesuinu raises her left hand into the air and snaps her finger once. A black ball of energy, filled with her bitterness and wrath hovers above her. She closes her eyes and takes a deep and relaxing breath as the vampires slowly start to climb their way atop one another to reach her, although a good number tremble at her genealogy. She folds her right arm across her chest just above her breasts before slowly raising it up, a ball of holy magic forming in her hand. The two balls fly towards the center of the vampire town as her eyes slit open and her mouth forms a smirk. "I don't think I want to be in this town anymore.", Mesu retorts as the two balls slowly begin to merge. She quickly teleports far away from the village and watches it as it evaporates from existence.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu sighs fondly. "Well that was fun. I blew up an entire village and I didn't have to commit a single good deed! Well, it's on to the next village! Perhaps I need to change my approach if I wish to find out who my mother is."