Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers-Quest ❯ Xellos is chosen - Are we ever going to get that sword? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]




Chapter Two



Chapter Two
Xellos is chosen
Are we ever going to get that sword


After digging out Lina the group once again settle down around the fire, Melee took advantage of Gourry's slumbering state and doodled on his face. While still shaky, Lina had now calmed down enough to be coherent. Zelgadis looked around him and shook his head, it was going to be a long night.

"Okay, lets pool our information" Zel informed the group sternly, he had already decided that Lina was not going to be able to take charge of the group for a while. "What are all of you doing here in the first place?"

Lina took a deep breath, " Gourry and I were just looking for a sword to replace the sword of light, we heard a rumour that there was a magical sword lost near here and we were following that up."

"When did Melee turn up?"

"Just before we left, she told us there were some manuscripts with the Dragon Sword about her race." Amelia interjected.

"Not all." Melee touched down, "I wanted to evaluate one and find one"

The group looked at her in surprise taking in her serious tone. "I can be serious too that is all part of being, did you never think to remember that L-Sama made order out of chaos. That she made Dragons as well as Mazuka! Balance all things in their place."

"What did you mean by my not being ready, ready for what?" Xellos asked tensely.

Melee looked at him fondly, " You were born a monster and as such you are incapable of feeling love or joy but have you not felt your hunger changing? You need less to feed you and you tend to prefer undiluted emotions. You have learned that others are not just food or playthings and that more than anything has brought you closer to balance." Melee's expression saddened, "The problem is that I don't think you can go any further without being chosen"

"What if I don't want to be chosen?" Xellos demanded.

"Being chosen will increase you power Xellos and free you from your bond to Zelas leaving only your link to the Mother. Could you refuse that?" Melee enquired.

"No, you are right. I could not."

"I don't understand one thing" Amelia asked taking a quick look at Lina. "Why haven't you chosen Xellos then?"

"It's balance isn't it Melee" Lina interjected, taking part in the conversation for the first time. "Our battles with the Monsters have upset the balance between order and chaos and you don't want to tilt the scales anymore. What I don't understand is the whole thing with the sword and the manuscripts."

"A lot of it was an excuse to travel with you and you friends, but our sleepy friend does need the sword for the battle to come and the manuscripts with it tell the location of the Sword of Chaos which you will need as well."

"Battle to come" the slayers asked in one voice.

"Forget about that and worry about the battle right now" A hard voice said as a blond haired woman stepped in front of Melee.

"Zelas, long time no see" Melee said happily. "I guess you want to keep Xellos don't you? Remember that I can take him he agreed"

"Priestess, You can not take that which is mine. I will not allow it, I'll destroy him first." Zelas screamed harshly.

"You have to come though us first" Lina shouted. "Gourry wake up"

Gourry launch himself at Zelas as Lina prepared to cast a Raguna Blade.

"Raw Tilt" Amelia and Zel shouted together know that it would only slow Zelas down slightly.

"Stop" shouted Melee "Her death would destroy too much balance especially now. Zelas would you like me to lock you away."

Melee straightened and power radiated from her body. "I am the Voice of the Mother. Do you want me to use my full strength against you now? You are not ready for a battle with me and your loss would sadden me greatly."

"You are right. I will be back though with allies. You will not take my servant and keep him." Zelas teleported out.

"Good thing she does not know I'm not what I was." Melee muttered. "Damn, I don't like having my hand forced like this. Thank you Mother for reminding me of the futility of making plans"


" Xellos I wanted to wait but such is the way of chaos." Muttering a quick spell under her breath Melee turned to Xellos and touched his forehead "Forsake all other bonds become one with the Mother of All Things, Lord of Nightmares and the Creator of Order. You are Chosen one of the Ones, Future Priest of The Mother."

Xellos fell to the ground screaming, feeling his ties to the monster race being ripped out and being reformed. A frightening joy overwhelmed him as he blacked out.