Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers-Quest ❯ Xellos Awakes - Emotions Abound ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]




Chapter 3



Chapter 3
Emotions abound -
Xellos wakes

Melee stood up, " I just cast a sleeping spell on Xellos, he'll have less problems with adjusting if his subconscious takes over for a while. She looked over at Zelgadis. "I'll need Lina here with me, but tomorrow morning Gourry needs to get his new sword. You Zelgadis must bring me back the manuscripts that are stored with it."

Melee then added in a quick whisper to Zel, "Xellos will not be able to handle Amelia's sweetness and light when he wakes up"

"What do you mean? Mr Xellos should be given a chance to work for love and justice. Now that he is no longer a monster he should embrace all things beautiful and love life." Amelia declaimed suddenly above them perched on a tree branch.

"You misunderstood girl. Xellos is still a monster, he is just longer bound to the monster race and is now bound to the Mother. He has also been given the capacity to feel other things but he has no idea how to do it. I want him to start with a simple friendship first, Lina is the closest to his nature." Melee started to hop on one foot and then began looping around the branches again laughing joyously. "I have chosen one of the ones, sleep now and be happy."

The group sweatdropped. " I guess she's off her rocker again" Amelia muttered.

"Now tell me what happened to Xellos again and who was that pretty blond lady?" Gourry asked.

"Trouble you jellyfish, more trouble than we want!" Lina fumed as she hit Gourry over the head with a mallet.

"But we always have trouble when you're around Lina" Gourry protested weakly. "We're still getting my sword tomorrow though, right?"

"Yes Gourry, go to sleep now.

Meanwhile back at wolfpack Island Zelas was throwing around papers. "I need more information, "there is something else going on here. I'll have to destroy that damned thing and the rest of them, Melee will be too strong once Xellos is trained."

Stopping, she sat down and sighed. "I will have to make that alliance, They'll be weakened as well. Xellos you will pay for driving me to this point, you will pay."


******************************************************* ***************

The next morning found Xellos still asleep. He twitched periodically as his mind came to terms with the changes Melee had wrought on his body. Lina quickly stopped Amelia from casting a healing spell on him. "There is too much of this happening on the astral plain, The effect of white magic at this point would be much to dangerous."

Amelia nodded with a worried look on her face, "can't Melee do something to help. Mr Xellos looks as if he's really hurting."

Lina looked at Melee who was crawling on the ground following an ant. "Let's wait a bit longer. I will probably get more sense from her once you're gone." Remembering Melee's comments about Amelia, Lina figured waiting was a lot better.

As Gourry, Amelia and Zel started to leave, Gourry turned towards Lina, "I can't leave you. Who will protect you while I'm gone? Lina those two are strange."

Lina smiled at her thick-headed friend, "I can take care of myself besides you need that sword or you'll never be able to touch Zelas or any of her other cronies. She won't be back for a while so go get it now. Besides can you imagine what would happen to Xellos if I left him alone with Melee, now go, I'll be careful.

After watching the trio disappear into the cave, Lina sat down beside Xellos. She really didn't like sending them off by themselves. Placing a hand on Xellos's forehead she took a reading of the powers he was radiating, closing her eyes to concentrated she missed a pair of violet eyes opening and staring at her.

"Lina, where am I?" asked a weak voice.

She opened her own eyes and saw that Xellos was awake. Shushing him quietly as you would a child she told him, "Melee placed a sleep spell on you so the change wouldn't be as difficult. How are you? How do you feel"

"Strange, I can feel so much more, what is it that I feel from you? It's so warm..." Xellos's voice trailed off weakly.

"Boo!"

Lina turned around furiously and glared at Melee who smiled innocently back.

"He's not used to positive emotions yet, A good shot of anger will strengthen him" Melee informed Lina.

Lina turned around and noticed that Xellos was looking better.

"So you just get good old hair-trigger Lina mad and feed him is that all." Lina tried to work herself into a rage.

"Well that is all a flat chested girl like you is good for isn't it." Melee added.

Lina started chasing Melee around with her magical mallet completely forgetting about Xellos for a minute.

"That did it, thank you Lina dear." Xellos called out. Lina turned around and glared at him before stalking over and sitting down in front of him.

"The things I do for friends" she muttered.

"Am I a friend" Xellos asked, "Is that what I feel coming from you?"

"Friendship, concern, and a hell of a lot of exasperation you fruitcake." Lina retorted sharply. "Now what Melee? Am I supposed to run the gamut while Xellos nibbles on my emotions."

"Basically, that's it. I want you to talk to Xellos tell him stories about things that bring sharp emotions to the forefront. By experiencing them second hand, he will be more able to identify them within himself. Start with shared experiences then go to your childhood. He should relate well to humorous things first, he has always liked jokes."

Melee looked off in the sky and thought to herself, " If I want the unwilling, willing I'll have to show her it is not so bad to be chosen. I'm getting weaker and I'll need their strength for the battle to come.