Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Genesis Adventures 2 ❯ Falling ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5: Falling


At the same time, on the Floating Island…

"CHAOS!" shouted a female green hedgehog.

Knuckles was lying on the ground, looking at a white echidna and the female hedgehog with her green Light Saver Sword.

"Leona, talking to it will not work," shouted the white echidna.

"Well, what would you do?" she shouted back.

"What are you doing here, and who are you two?" Knuckles asked.

"Why don't you go ask your friends on Mobius?" snapped the white echidna.

Just then, the whole Island started to shake violently.

"My Island!" Knuckles shouted, "What have you done?"

Bleep, bleep, bleep

The white echidna took out the com-link and someone started to talk through it.

#Spere, come back to the Geofront with Leona and bring Chaos. #


"Okay, bro." The echidna turned off the com-link.

"See you, Knux." Then both the echidna and hedgehog turned and started to run off.

The two jumped off the Island, but suddenly an aircraft like the Egg Carrier, but a lot smaller appeared. The Island was shaking more violently now.

"NO! I need to get off!" Knuckles shouted at no one but himself.

Then it happened. The Island started to fall out of the sky.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me anwhile, back in Station Square…

"Sonic, look! The Floating Island, it's…" Shadow pointed up in the sky.

Out of the clouds you could see the Island falling.

"Knuckles! He's still on the Island!" Rouge screamed, worried.

"I'll go get him!" Shadow shouted, and disappeared. His voice echoed seconds later. "Chaos Control!" He reappeared with an unconscious Knuckles.

"Knuckles! Is he…?" asked Rouge.

"Yes, he's still alive, but he's not going to be happy." Shadow smirked. This shocked the others.

"Are you okay, Shadow?" asked Tails, looking at him.

"Yes." He just grabbed his right side with both hands.

"Er…Shadow, are you sure you're okay?" Sonic asked him.

"I don't know… Aaaahh! It's the chaos emerald… It's doing… Aaaahh! This!" Shadow fell to the ground, unconscious.

"SHADOW!" The group cried, running up to him.

~~~~~~~~~~

At the underground base called the Geofront…

"Damn you, Professor!" Matrix shouted at the middle aged human.

"Silence! I created you," said the human. "You have not shown any sign of loyalty to me."

"Grey, I've had enough of you!" Matrix shouted at the human.

"What would you do? Do you think that the other Mobians and humans will take you in again?" Grey spat at Matrix.

Grey raised his hand and hit Matrix in the face three times.

"Get out! NOW!" Grey shouted.

Matrix walked out, and he didn't look at Grey.

{I'll get you for that, you son of a *$%@,} Matrix thought as he walked down the corridors. {I wonder what it would be like to be one of the good guys again…} His thoughts were stopped by Rei's screams.

"REI!" He shouted.

His walking turned into a run. He was moving fast and then he went faster until he saw her. Rei was lying on the floor, hurt by Claw, one of Grey's robots. His robot looked a lot like Matrix. The robot did not have black lines, but it was only white, silver, and red.

"Rei, are you…?" Matrix said, running up to her.

"My ankle…It hurts," Rei said, in pain. She was looking into Matrix's red eyes.

"Okay, kid, come on. The Professor will not take care of you or me anymore," Matrix said. "Let's get out of here." He picked her up off the cold steel floor and into his arms, and she put her arms around his neck to hold on.

"The Professor will not like this," Claw droned.

"Oh, shut up." Matrix spat at the robot. He raised his hand, and Claw hit the ground.

"What about Spere and Leona? Are they coming?" asked Rei.

"Of course we are, Rei." Leona said.

"We're a team," said Spere's voice.

Matrix and Rei turned to see them running up.

"Matrix, he hit you," Leona said, walking up to him. She gently put her hands on his face.

He moved his face away. "Let's get out of here!" Matrix said, turning to the door.

The four ran out of the Geofront base to the location of Sonic crew's base in the Emerald Hill zone, but Grey saw them.

~~~

"Eros, go after them." The human turned to the robot that looked like the E-series that Robotnik created.

Eros was a lot taller than any of them and had two large rocket launchers on both his shoulders.

"Yes, Master," Eros droned and walked out after the traitors.

~~~

"Max, Grey's sent Eros after us! What do we do?" Leona shouted as she ran, followed by the others.

"We do this…" Matrix suddenly stopped and turned fast, and out of his hand, he fired a blast of white light at the robot.

"Yyyaaahhhoooo, Max did it!" Rei cheered.

Matrix had his back turned to Eros. The robot slowly got up and ran at Matrix's back

"Max, behind you!" Leona shouted, but it was too late.

Eros had hit him, sending the unconscious Matrix across the ground to end up at the edge of a cliff that he was about to fall off of.

"Mmmaaaxxx, noooo!!!" screamed Rei.

She watched in horror, as her friend that was like a brother to her was about to die. She started to cry his name again. "Max, Max, MAX!"

Matrix heard her cries and his eyes open to see Eros. There was only one way out, and that was to fight.

As he slowly got up he thought, {I'll help her.}

He looked up to see Eros punch him again, and again. Eros grabbed Matrix by the neck and threw him off the cliff, but as he fell, he grabbed the edge of the cliff to stop him from falling.

Holding on to the cliff, he shouted, "I CAN HEAR YOU, REI!" But he could not hold on.

~~~

Meanwhile, up on the cliff, Eros had started walking to the others.

Spere and Leona were guarding Rei. Eros had fired one round of his rockets at them and he was about to fire the next lot.

"Rei, get away now!" Spere shouted at the kid.

{If you get hurt or killed, Rei, Max will kill me.}

"Rei, get away!" Leona called. She pulled out her sword and held it at Eros.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic and his gang had been walking for some time and had not seen anything.

"Guys, are you sure it was okay to leave Shadow and Knuckles in Robotnik's hands?" Tails asked. He was walking along side with Sonic and Rouge.

"Yes, Tails, it's not like Robotnik is going to blow up the moon." Sonic joked.

"Haha, funny, Sonic." Rouge said. She hit Sonic hard in his side.

Suddenly, something white hit the ground in front of them. It was Matrix.

"Hey, it's you again!" Sonic said. He looked at Matrix, who got up.

He didn't look at them. He just looked straight up at the top of the cliff. "Rei, Rei, REI!" He shouted.

Rouge looked up to see gunfire at the top of the cliff. "What's happening up there?" she asked.

Then Sonic and Tails looked up too.

"Hey, you tell us what's happening up there," Sonic said.

Matrix faced them. Then he looked down at ground. "It starts now." His red eyes locked with Sonic's green ones.

{Sonic, remember me, you need to. Ten years ago, I helped you and your family.} Matrix told Sonic through a mind link.

Sonic blinked and then closed his eyes. {I think I remember you.}

"I'll help you, Max." The way Sonic spoke was like a child.

The others looked at Sonic, shocked. Sonic opened his eyes and looked into Matrix's eyes.

"Thank you." It was Matrix said.

Without warning, a ball of red or pink light appeared.

"Tikal…" Sonic said, holding out his hands, and the ball of light landed in them.

Her soft voice said to the four, [Sonic, great hero, Max and his team must join with you and your friends on this one.] Tikal's voice stopped. [Matrix, use this sword to help you.]

The light vanished and in her place was a sword. The hilt of it was solid dark sliver and the blade was a clear sliver, so clear you could see right through it! It also had a red flame that lined the sword's sharp edges.

Tikal's voice echoed in their minds. [This sword is called the Dark Omega…] She paused. [Use it wisely.]

Matrix took the sword with both of his hands, and then the four looked up at the top of the cliff.

"Come on, guys," Tails said.

He ran off with the others following behind him, back up to the top of the cliff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(5 minutes after Matrix lost his handhold on the edge of the cliff…)

"MATRIX, Noooo!" Rei screamed, running to the side of the cliff.

"That's one out of the way," droned Eros. The robot aimed his gun and started to fire.

Leona turned to Spere, and he looked at her. "I am sorry," he said, and turned and started to run at Eros.

"NOOO!" Leona shouted. She watched in pure horror as Eros fired all his guns at Spere. But all the shots missed.

"Missed me?" A voice asked.

Leona, Spere, and Rei turned to see Matrix, and standing next to him was Sonic, Tails, and Rouge.

{Ready to run, kid?} Matrix asked Sonic in his mind. Sonic nodded. Then Matrix and Sonic moved together in unison. Matrix was keeping up with Sonic on all his moves.

"Time is up," a voice said.

The gang turned to see Professor Grey.

"YOU!" Matrix spat in anger.

He moved forward, but was stopped by Sonic. He didn't look into Matrix's eyes, but Matrix knew he was telling him something. Matrix ran forward at Grey with the sword pointing straight at the human.

"You're too late, fools." Grey said, "I have or ready started it."

"I will kill you," Matrix threatened. His voice was full of hatred at the human. "You created me…" Matrix hit his hand at Grey's face. "You never once saw me…" He hit him again. "You always locked me away in the dark!" By now, Matrix was full of anger and hate.

His psychic abilities were going through his hands into the sword. He started to glow the color of light grey.

"I have started the Neo Drive," Grey told the group. He then started to laugh evilly.

Matrix put the sword at Grey's throat.

"No, if Chaos gets that power…" Matrix shouted as he pushed past Sonic and the others. "We will all be done for!" Matrix was heading right for the Geofront base.

>>>>>>>>>(From Matrix's point of view)<<<<<<<<<

I ran back into the base to stop the Neo Drive, which all the Chaos Emeralds and Chaos were connected to, but as I had my hands on the controls, I found it.

I need the code to do it. Is this the end? I have to do it for Rei and the others. It's not going to end like this, not if I'm still alive. I used all my psychic abilities to aid me. I did it. Now all I had to do was to deal with Grey. I started to leave, but just then, there was an explosion and blackness.

>>>>>>>>>(End)<<<<<< ;<<<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week later, in Station Square hospital, Shadow's red eyes opened to see white looking back at him. Slowly sitting up, he turned his head to see on a chair, a sleeping blue hedgehog.

{What's he doing here?} Shadow thought. {Does he care about me?}

"Sonic, wake up," Shadow said quietly.

There was nothing from Sonic.

"Sonic."

Still nothing.

"SONIC!"

"WHAT!?! Oh, Shadow! SHADOW! You're awake!" Sonic said, happy. His green eyes were brighter than fire.

"Er… Sonic, when did you get a heart?" Shadow asked, sarcastically.

"…" Sonic looked at Shadow, funny.

Just then, the door opened and in walked the others. They all ran up to Shadow.

"Shadow, how are you?" asked a weak voice.

Shadow turned to see Matrix lying in the bed next to him. He was in pain, but he was healing fast.

"I'm fine, and you?" Shadow asked him.

"Been better," Matrix replied.

Shadow smiled at him. {He's almost like a brother.}

"Max, are you okay?" asked Rei. She came running into the room, laughing.

"Yes, Rei. You're not hurt?" He asked her, and she just nodded at him. "Good, I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you, Rei."

Rei looked into his eyes. He was really crying.

"Don't cry, brother," Rei said. She sat on the bed with him and used her hand to dry his tears.

"Rei, I'm not your real brother," Matrix said. "Rouge and Tails are…" he stopped. "I am just…" The words were hard to say to her.

"You are my brother!" Rei screamed at him, "You are!"

"I'm sorry, but I'm just a shadow of the real me. I'm the fake…"

Rei stopped him and she put her hand on his mouth. "You're my brother, I don't care if you're real or not." She was crying hard now. "You're my brother, Matrix."

He looked at her and then he hugged her. "Oh, Rei."

"Well, it looks like you're my brother, too." Rouge said. She put her hands up in the air.

"Yeah, that goes for me, too." Tails said. He stood next to Sonic and Knuckles.

"What's going to happen to Max--I mean us?" asked Spere. The echidna looked at Matrix lying on the bed, hurt. They had found him in the ruins of the Geofront base.

{I must have used a lot of powers to stop the Neo Drive.} Matrix thought, {If it weren't for me, the planet would have been destroyed by Chaos.} He watched the others and he just smiled at them.

~~~~

Days later…

"Hmm, well, Tikal did say that you have to join us," Sonic said.

He was sitting in a chair, looking at Matrix. Then Matrix looked at the large group in the room.

"Grey's out there somewhere, and he's not going to give up." Matrix said.

"And are we going to lose?" Leona said, "No, we're not, but we're going to fight…" She stood next to Spere and continued. "We're going to fight for Mobius' freedom!" She put her arm around Spere.

Matrix thought, {Those two…} He rolled his eyes.

"Well, Matrix, your gang can stay at our place." Rouge said, looking at Rei and Matrix, sitting on the same chair together.

Matrix turned his head away and looked out the window. "You would let us stay at your base?"

Rei put her hand on Matrix's shoulder. "Max…" It was all she said.

Matrix turned and looked into her orange eyes. He took a big sigh. "Okay, Sonic, we will join you." His voice was better now; full of hope. "We'll find Grey, and stop him."

"Okay," Sonic said as he held out his hand at Matrix, and Matrix shook it. Then Sonic said, "Welcome to the gang. Hey, what's your gang called?"

"It's called the Genesis Crew." Matrix said, standing up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~