Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Genesis Adventures 2 ❯ Darkness ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5: Darkness

It had been a week since the Genesis Crew had joined up with Sonic's gang. Matrix was back in his own apartment in Metropolis City, where his new base was. He sat on his bed holding the Dark Omega sword in his hands. The room was dark.

{Why me? I'm not a hero.} He thought as he slowly got up off his bed and walked into the kitchen to have something to eat, but he just sat in a chair.

Some time past and he did not move. Then as he stood up out of his chair, he walked over to the door, picked up his leather trench coat and opened the door, walking out of the apartment and onto the street. He locked the door.

{Will the humans and Mobians truly trust me? I'm not like them.}

He walked down the steps of his apartment to meet the others back at the South Island base.

"Ssssoonnniicc, I have you now," said a high voice.

A shocked Matrix turned to see a fourteen-year-old pink hedgehog running to him. It was Amy Rose. She had her arms out wide as she ran, and she hugged him. Then she looked up at his face and blushed with embarrassment.

"Oh, hello, Amy." Matrix said.

Amy looked at this white hedgehog in a red leather trench coat.

"Oh, sorry, Matrix." Amy said, "Have you seen Sonic?" She was getting nervous.

"No, Amy, I haven't seen Sonic." Matrix replied nicely to her.

"Oh…" Amy said, more nervous. Her face was turning pure red.

Matrix suddenly sensed someone dark near them. He turned around and looked down the street at the crowd of people.

"Hmmm," he muttered.

"What is it?" Amy asked, who had calmed down.

Matrix turned to see someone in the crowd of people. "She's alive."

Amy looked to see a purple female hedgehog and she had red hair that hug down over her right eye. Her eyes were yellow. Amy turned and looked at Matrix's face, which was full of anger.

"Demon, it's been a long time," greeted the purple hedgehog.

"Oh, it's only you, Darkness!" Matrix shouted at her.

She pulled out a gun and fired it at Matrix. Then Matrix moved and he pushed Amy into a dustbin. One of the bullets hit Matrix in the right arm, and another hit him in his left leg. Matrix felt the cold bullets go through his skin as he fell to the ground, but he did not cry out in pain. He looked up at the purple hedgehog, which was standing over him, holding the gun at his head, ready to fire again.

"Demon," she said. She pulled the trigger.

"Mmmaattrriiixxx!" A young voice shouted.

Darkness turned, and as she did, the bullet missed Matrix's head, but hit him in the left shoulder. Darkness saw Rei running up to her. Sonic's gang and the Genesis Crew were running up behind her. Rei ran up to Matrix and fell to her kneels in front of him.

"MAX, MAX, MAX!" Rei screamed, and her voice was shaking with fear of losing Matrix.

"I'm okay, kid." Matrix said. He was in a lot of pain. He looked up at the other hedgehog.

"Darkness, we meet again," he said, standing up without support. He also didn't take his eyes off her.

"DEMONS DON'T CHANGE! YOU'RE EVIL!!" Darkness shouted in total anger at Matrix.

She held the gun at him again. Matrix put his hand up to stop the two gangs, who now had to just watch. Matrix didn't use his abilities to stop her.

"Why haven't you used yours abilities on me?" She asked, confused.

"You're an assassins." Matrix replied. As he spoke, a G.U.N. van appeared.

Matrix walked over to the van and whispered something to the G.U.N. guards as they got out. Then he walked back over to the others. The four guards walked over to Darkness and put her in the back of the van.

"What was that all about?" Shadow asked.

"Long story, Shadow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~