Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Genesis Adventures 2 ❯ Nothing I’ve ever known ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 11: Nothing I've ever known

On the outer parts of Station Square, in a quiet part of the city was a small house and this was home to a family of grey and brown hedgehogs.

"Kyoko-wa, he's wakening up!" shouted a male voice.

The person lying down in the bed slowly opened his eye's half way to see a dark grey hedgehog sitting on a chair next to the side of the bed.

"Uh, er, Dad?" he asked.

"It's okay, son, you're here." said the dark grey hedgehog "You're safe."

A female light brown hedgehog walked in the room.

"Oh, my little boy," she said, moving slowly up to the bed. "I know you're a Freedom Fighter, Sonic, but please don't do that again." She sat on another chair. "If it wasn't for our friend, you would…" She stopped at the very thought of it.

"I know, Mom, Dad, but it's my job. How did I get here?" asked Sonic, as he slowly sat up. He was holding his head with right hand.

"Max," replied the light brown hedgehog.

Sonic looked up and then turned his head away.

"Nik, why don't you go ask if he would like to come up?" Asked Kyo.

He stood and walked out of the room.

"Oh, Mom, it's nice to see you and Dad." Then Sonic asked, "Is my sister okay?"

Sonic looked at his mother's sad face. She looked down at the floor. She sat on the same chair and then she put her head in her hands and started to cry.

"She is in the hospital, son, and she's not doing well," said Kyo. Sonic's mother never looked up, but her head was still in her hands.

"Oh, is it okay if I go see her today?" Sonic asked, putting his hand on his mother's shoulder.

"Of course, son," replied Kyo. "She's your twin sister."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downstairs in the living room…

"Matrix, are you going to go?" asked Rouge.

"Yes, I don't want to stay," Matrix said, holding onto the front door handle with his head facing Rouge.

"You're not going that fast, Max," said Nik, Sonic's father.

"Oh, come on, Nik…" Matrix said, and he turned to face the dark grey hedgehog. Matrix's red eyes narrowed.

Amy and Rogue looked back at Sonic's father, who had a smile on his face.

"Come on, old friend, you remember when Sonic was born," said Nik.

"I…I remember." Matrix said quietly to Nik, before he grabbed the front door handle and ran out.

Nik was about to go after him, but Kyo stopped him.

"Let him go," she said. It was raining hard outside. "Oh, Matrix, come back!" she shouted out after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, back in West Mobius…

Rei sat on one of the wooden posts of one of the corrals. Next to her were two horses, and they were twin brothers named Burner and Stardust. The dusty white horse and his brother, who was a copper brown with his pure white mane and tail, were running around the corral. To Rei, it was like watching two wild flames dancing. Burner stopped fast, and turned to stand up on two legs and then shot towards her and jumped over the wooden posts of the corral.

"BURNER, COME BACK!" Rei shouted after the horse.

Terry and the others heard the noise outside and ran out, only to see Burner, who was living up to his name, as he ran down the main road out of the ranch.

"I thought Sonic was fast, but that horse…" Shadow said with a smile on his face.

"Shadow, you don't know what that horse has gone through in the past." Terry said to him.

"He's had it hard," Helen said, standing next to the black and red hedgehog. "We need to call Max."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Station Square Park…

Matrix was walking along down a path in the park. He found a bench to sit on, and he looked at the floor and closed his eyes, nearly at the point of crying, but the rain made it hard for others to tell.

He sighed heavily. {Why?} he asked himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Station Square hospital…

Sonic walked into a room. Lying on the only bed was a female light grey hedgehog; she had long, black hair. Why she was there, was because she had been caught in across fire between two gangs, one human and the other mobian, and she had been shot in the chest.

"Hi, sis," Sonic said, moving slowly to her.

"Hi, brother," said the grey hedgehog. "How are you, brother?"

"I'm fine, and you?"

"I've been shot in the chest, would you be okay?" her voice got a bit loud. "Uncle," the grey hedgehog said when she saw Max walk in, and Shadow was behind him.

"Hi, kid" he said back.

"Why did she just say, uncle?" Shadow whispered to Max.

"I'll tell you later," was Max's answer.

"Shadow, I'd like you to meet Nicole, my twin sister." Sonic said, to Shadow.

"Hello."

"I can help, Nic," Max said.

She nodded. Matrix walked closer to her, and he held out his hands and closed his eyes.

Seconds later…

"Done," he said.

She sat up and then got out of the bed. "Thanks."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic's home, 3 days later…

Sonic's family, Amy, Rouge, and Matrix sat watching the T.V. when the news came on, it was the favourers Redline news reporter. She was reporting on another new gang of Freedom Fighters in a small town called `Las van.' She was a light red fox with green hair, and her name was Ruth Starwood.

"Ruth Starwood here, I am reporting on a new gang of Freedom Fighters, by the name of `Panic.' I have with me some of the core members with me now. Hope, why are you fighting?" and the camera turned to a light female blue echidna and she started to talk.

"Well, Ruth, I'm fighting a gang of cyber--" the T.V. was suddenly turned off.

"More Freedom Fighters going to fight," Amy said, looking over at Sonic.

"I know, but I don't get it, all these new gangs, and for what? Fighting some new bad guy?" Matrix said, as he looked over at Sonic, who looked at him and nodded.

Sonic replied, "I know, Max."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Matrix was awakened only by Amy's screaming voice. Matrix got changed and walked downstairs to see Amy standing at the front door screaming her head off at something outside. He walked up to her to see why.

"BURNER, what are you doing here?" Matrix shouted, pushing the screaming Amy out the way.

"Oh, he's your horse, is he?" asked a calm voice.

Matrix turned his head to see a darkish purple female Echidna. Her clothes had an ancient Greek style look and she was holding onto Burner's mane.

"And who are you?" asked Matrix.

"My name's Erin," she replied.

"Thank you, Erin, for returning Burner," Matrix said.

"I am here to warn you of a creator called `Epsilon.'" Erin said.

"Did you say, Epsilon?" asked another female voice.

Erin, Matrix, and Amy turned around, but could not see anyone, and then a red/pink glowing sphere of light appeared.

"Tikal," Amy said, a bit shocked

"Yes," replied the red/pink glowing light.

It changed into a peach colored echidna. Her clothes had an ancient Aztec style look to them.

"It's good to see you're well, Max." Tikal said.

"Er, thanks," Matrix said. "Who is Epsilon?" he asked, looking back at Erin.

"He is the God of War," Tikal replied.

The other's faces turned pale in panic and shock.

"He is Chaos' brother." Tikal told them, "Chaos' powers are Destruction and Fear."

"So, his brother is God of War," Amy said, and looked at the other two.

"Yes, and he is after you, Max," Tikal said, pointing at him.

"Why me?" asked Matrix.

"It's to do with your Family Line, one of your ancestors used that Sword you are holding to defeat the twin God brothers Chaos and Epsilon, but at a price." Tikal stopped and looked at Matrix. "You see, to seal Epsilon, your ancestors had to seal him with the scabbard of the sword." Tikal looked a way. "Chaos was later sealed in the Master Chaos Emerald."

She looked back at the three. "Before your ancestor died, he told me to tell you not to return the scabbard to the sword or Epsilon will be freed, oh, and he said to give this to the one in my family line that has the power of sight, touch, and senses."

Tikal held out her hand and in it was a white crystal, like one of the chaos emeralds, but a lot smaller. "I think that he was talking about you, Max."

"Thank you, Tikal." Matrix took it from her and as he did a spark of light shot through him. "Aaaahh!" His eyes were closed the whole time. You could see he was in pain.

>>>>>>> Matrix point of view<<<<<<<<

To me I felt like I was being torn apart from the inside. My mind left my body and I felt like I was going to be lost forever in this void of my mind. The white crystal that I was holding in my hand vanished. It was part of me now. My powers grew stronger, and I was now floating six feet off the ground. I heard Rouge, Sonic, and his parents run out of their house to see me.

"MAX," they all shouted in union.

Tikal was shocked. "What's happening?" she shouted.

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Matrix's fur had turned pure crystal white and his clothes had changed into Metallic Black armour that had an ancient style to them. His eyes shot open and were glowing an eerie pure yellow.

"You have awakened me," said the white Matrix, and he lowered back to the ground and stood there, looking at the others. "Tikal, Great Spirit of the Master Chaos Emeralds, I thank you." As he spoke he bowed.

"Who are you? Are you Max?" Rouge asked.

The white Matrix turned his head to her. "Yes, Rouge," was his reply. "It's what my hyper form looks like."

"Cool, Max," Sonic said. He was smiling as Matrix changed back to his normal form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, Shadow, Ken, and Rei turned up at Sonic's home.

"Hey, Shadow," said a blue hedgehog that walked up to the black hedgehog. The two started to walk down the street.

"Sonic, we've got a problem," Shadow whispered to Sonic.

"And that would be…?" Sonic whispered back.

"I asked Rototnik to do some checks on Max," Shadow said looking up at the sky.

"And?" Sonic asked.

The black hedgehog's face looked worried. "Rototnik couldn't find anything." Shadow looked at Sonic. "It's like this Grey guy didn't want Max to find anything about himself." Shadow looked away, down at the floor as the two walked.

"I know you don't have any family, Shadow." Sonic put his arm around Shadow in a friendly way, and than Sonic continued. "Did you find her?" Sonic asked, trying to get the black hedgehog to look at him and he did.

Shadow's face told him everything. "Yes, but I don't think Max is going to like it," Shadow said. He turned his head away from Sonic.

"She is the leader of a gang of Cybers…" Shadow stopped. "They live on the North side of Mobius in a city called `Steelheart.' The gang goes by the name `Knight Sabres crew'."

"Oh." Was all Sonic could say. The two walked back to Sonic's home in silence.

Matrix was drinking a glass of tomato juice as Shadow and Sonic walked in. He watched them walk into the front room and sit down on the sofa. He picked up the glass and put it to his mouth to drink some of the spicy juice.

{Hmm,} He used his psychic abilities and they told him that something was wrong. {My sister…they found her.} Matrix stood up in anger and walked over to them.

"YOU FOUND MY SISTER, AND YOU DIDN'T WANT ME TO KNOW!" He shouted.

"Max, stop it!" said Ken's voice, as he ran in the room from the kitchen. Ken looked up at Matrix with confusion.

Matrix turned his head away from Sonic to face his older brother. Ken was eight years older than Matrix, but you couldn't tell.

"Why didn't you tell me, brother?" Matrix shouted.

"WHY? You would like to know, huh? Well, I'll tell you. June was changed, her right eye and her right arm are both cybernetic!" Ken shouted at him. "That's why, Max! She's not the same sister we knew!" Ken shouted more loudly. He looked into the eyes of his 21-year-old brother, and their sister was at the age of 19.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now night, and Matrix was outside walking. He stopped and sat on small wall and he sighed heavily.

"How have you been the later couple weeks, Max?" asked a male voice.

Matrix didn't turn to see who it was, because he knew. "Oh, okay, I think, and you?" Matrix said.

The owner of the voice walked into Matrix's line of sight. The owner of the voice was a reddish orange Phoenix.

"I've been fine, buddy, I know you." The figure looked into the hedgehog's red eyes. The Phoenix and hedgehog looked up to see ten of the G.U.N officers standing in front of them.

"Mr. Max Raven, can you come with us?" asked one of the officers.

"Why?" Matrix asked, looking back at his friend.

"Can you come with us?" repeated another officer, as he walked up to Matrix.

The others ran out of the house. "What's going on here?" shouted Shadow.

"It's okay, guys," Matrix said. They put Matrix in the back of a van and drove off.

~~~~~~~~

The van drove into one of the top-secret bases and Matrix was taken to a room. Commander Kerry and other officers were sitting in the room.

"So, why am I here?" Matrix asked.

"Max, I'm sorry, but G.U.N. would like you returned to stasis…" Kerry looked at his friend. "Only for a year…" he said to the hedgehog.

"NO way, I'm not going back in that thing!!" Matrix screamed at the humans in the room.

"Please, Max, calm down." said a female voice from the shadows.

"Fine, only a year." Matrix said.

~~

Matrix was now in the cryogenics tube and when the freezing process was complete, a human stood in front of the tube.

"I'm sorry, old friend," he said, and he turned to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~