Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Genesis Adventures 2 ❯ I will always return ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 12: I will always return

The alarms sounded throughout the base, and in one of the top-secret rooms was a cryogenics tube. After some time, the glass tube smashed open, and the hedgehog fell out along with all the unfrozen water that was in with him. The cryogenics unit had stopped working and the hedgehog would have drowned if not for his powers to brake out with, he was now on the flooded floor. The hedgehog form was male. He slowly stood up. The eyes of the hedgehog opened and looked at each of the guards. He hit them with nothing, but with a wave of psychic energy, and as the hedgehog left the room, he picked up a pair of purple trousers and body armour and a dark crimson, leather trench coat and put them on.

He turned around and looked at the scientists in the room. The hedgehog then said, "Tell Sonic's gang and my gang that if we meet now, I have to stop them!" He turned and walked away.

For two weeks, a psychotic Cyborg hedgehog hunted Matrix, but after the killer Cyborg hedgehog and the psychic hedgehog had a fight that seemed to last for an eternally...

"So, what's your name?" Matrix asked.

"Ultrix, and you?"

"Max, but people call me Matrix."

Matrix and Ultrix found that the two of them had a friendship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zion Net City…

On the outskirts of the city was an old deserted building. Most of the rooms were dark, but inside one of them was a light from a laptop computer. The person working on it wasn't getting along with it. Getting totally mad with the thing, the person hit the table with one hand, because for the 8th time on the screen was: Error 579/2329.rom.

"Stupid computer!" shouted the person's voice angrily.

The person working on the laptop was Matrix, a white hedgehog, and around the back of the chair was his leather trench coat that he wore over his dark purple body armour. Next to him was an untouched plate of food, cold.

"What is so stupid, Max?" asked a voice from another room.

"This thing is not letting me send E-mails!" Matrix shouted at the wall next to him, getting madder at the thought of the stupid computer.

Matrix picked up his sword that was next to him and threw it at the wall right next to the door, just as a dark blue hedgehog walked in, who looked shocked at the sword that was in the wall, and seeing the untouched plate of food.

"Max, when was the last time you ate?" asked the other hedgehog.

"Four days ago. Why?"

"Max, I'm a bad influence on you," said the other hedgehog. "You should eat something."

"Oh," Matrix said, looking up from the laptop at him. "And why do you say that, Ultrix?"

"Well, before we met," Ultrix said, but was stopped. "Your health for one…"

"Huh? Meant more like a fight to the death," Matrix said, laughing a bit. "My health, uh, I'm okay."

The two stood in the room looking at each other when suddenly...

Bleep, bleep, bleep.

Matrix turned his head to look at the laptop, which said a new message was sent, and in the inbox was a message. Matrix moved the mouse and clicked on the message. It was from Rei, as she still kept in contact with him.

"Oh, Rei," Matrix said quietly, but Ultrix heard him, bending closer to look at the screen.

"Max, I know you don't like talking about yourself, but come on, I've known you for five months now," said the cyber hedgehog.

"Hmm, well, okay, she's a cousin of Tails, and Rouge's little sister." Max looked down. "Next to you, Ultrix, she's my only friend." Matrix said.

To Ultrix, it looked like Matrix was going to cry, but he didn't. "Hey, you're not getting soft on me now, are you?" Ultrix asked, trying to get the psychic hedgehog to cheer up.

"No. Hey, I'll tell you one thing, Ul, Rei is sure good at getting info for me," Matrix said, pointing to the screen. It read on the screen:

>Hey, Max, got the stuff you asked for. Tails asked me why I wanted all these Files. I just said I'd like them. Here, I have sent it to you. See you around. Love from Rei<

"Files? What Files?" asked Ultrix, looking at Matrix with a surprised look.

Matrix clicked on the file and it said in red letters across the top:

~~~~~

PROJECT 'Genesis': 03

Code name: `Matrix'

Real name: `Max Raven'

Race: Hedgehog

Fur color: was a sandy brown, but was changed to white, red and black.

Sex: Male

Age: project started when subject was five years old.

PROJECT Goals: to Rebio-Engineer a living being and to stop the aging process in humans. This project has military back up, ultimate warrior.

Side affects: ageless, powerful psychic abilities, by the time he is 21-years-old, he will have completely stopped aging.

~~~

Matrix slammed his hands down on the laptop and after that, his hands clenched into fists. "I need to find my sister."

"Max, you okay?" Ultrix asked, as he sat on a chair that was next to him. He looked at the white hedgehog's face.

Matrix's face changed to anger and hatred, and his eyes burned red like fire.

"I'll see you later, Ultrix." He stood up, put his leather trench coat on, and walked over to the door, pulled out the sword, and turned to go, but Ultrix stopped him by putting his hand on his shoulder.

"No way, I'm not letting you have all the fun." Ultrix said, "Come on Max, we make a good--I mean bad team." He was looking at Matrix, and then the two smiled.

"Oh, okay." Matrix said, and the two walked out of the room, into the dimly lit corridor, and down the stairs out the building.

"Who's your sister?" asked Ultrix, looking at Matrix.

"Jade," Matrix said, not looking at Ultrix.

The two hedgehogs walked down the street until Ultrix asked, "Oh, by the way, Max, have you heard anything from Dash?" Along side him was Matrix.

"No, why?" Matrix replied, looking at Ultrix. "I haven't seen him in two weeks."

Just then, a black blur ran by. You could hear it shouting something. Matrix and Ultrix looked at each other.

"What?" the two asked in union.

"That was Dash, Max," Ultrix said, starting to run after black blur.

After about 20 minutes…

"Dash! Dash, stop, will you?" shouted Ultrix and Matrix.

The blur slowed down, and came to a complete stop. The black blur was another hedgehog. He looked a lot like Sonic, but had Shadow's red lines and he had Sonic's old design of shoes. His eyes were a mix of green and red, not brown.

"Dash, why are you running?" asked Ultrix.

Dash pointed behind them. They turned around to see a robot that looked a lot like `Egg Viper' (out of Sonic Adventure), but this one had black letters on the side, saying: F.I.R.E.

"So, they're after me, huh?" Matrix said, as he turned to the others. "Come on, let's get going!"

"Max, we'll give you some time," Dash said, "To get away!"

"Thanks, you two," Matrix said. "I'll return the favour one day." Matrix ran one way and the other two ran another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~