Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Genesis Adventures 2 ❯ Rising of a new future ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

`Rising of a new future'

All related Sonic characters are ©2002 Sega Enterprises/Sonic Team by copyright law.

This story is copyrighted by Matrix the Hedgehog and I own my characters.

Feather fox is copyright by Cheetara, Scotty is copyright to C. E. Rodriguez.

Author's notes: this New York City is different to the one earth, you'll find out later why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Appearances hidden

The two figures hurried through the dark and quiet city, one wore a dark brown cloak with a hood, the figure had it pulled close around it's body, the only thing that gave a hint as to the identity was the dark purple boot's on the feet of the figure.

The other wore a cloak hooded too, but this one was black.

"You two over here" a dark voice called to them from the shadows, the two-cloaked figures ran over to the shadows.

"Yah" asked a young male voice from the one who wore the black cloak.

"Kids, how many times, do I have to tell you?" replied a white, red and black hedgehog, who, walked out of the shadowed toward the two-cloaked figures.

"BUT, dad" a girls voice said, from the dark brown cloak, the white hedgehog took the hood off, under it was a orange girl mix hedgehog and echidna.

"Spirit and I bet this is" he took the other hood off, "Spike" a black hedgehog with green stripes and eyes.

"Spike your father's is going to kill me, come on you two, this city is not safe," replied the white hedgehog, turning to go.

The two children aged 10 and 11 year old, followed close behind him.

"But why? Dad" asked Spirit "why is this city not safe, I mean is it to do with the name Deathhill"

Spike laughed.

"Because an evil person once lived here," replied the white hedgehog, {I can't tell them, the truth}

"Daddy" Spirit cried, the white hedgehog turned to see a pure black Armadillo with dark red and yellow eyes, stood behind the white hedgehog, the two kids hind behind the white hedgehog.

{It can't be him} Matrix thought.

"So Matrix, we meet again" the black Armadillo replied with an evil smile "how's Smek"

"Duel, it's so good to see you still alive, how long as it been" Matrix answered darkly, the two kids had never seen Matrix act like this.

"Oh it's been far to long" Duel replied, he moved closer, Matrix's red eye narrowed; he got his hands on his sword ready to fight.

"Daddy, can we go?" asked his 10-year-old daughter, Matrix looked at her then back at Duel.

"Go run like the last time" Duel said, who turned and vanished in dark green smoke, his voice echoed in the dark street "I'll see you soon"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later back at the base

"Duel, he's back," said Jade, looking at her younger brother.

"I don't get it, guys, it like the he wasn't there," Matrix was sat on a chair in the base "I mean, I couldn't senses things"

Over the last 2 years, Matrix's psychic abilities had been putting a lot of stress on him.

Sonic looked at how stressed Matrix was but he asked, "Who is he"

"Another one of Grey's projects, from the past, Sonic" Matrix said, looking up at the blue hedgehog "him and I, have a bit of history"

"What kind of history" asked 29-year-old Tails?

Sonic looked at Tails then back at Max.

"The kind with chaos energy" Matrix sighed to the others.

"Oh" the others sighed in union.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile

"Spike `son' why were you and Spirit in that city" Shadow shouted at his son "AGAIN"

"Oh come on daddy, Max helped us," Spike said, looking at Spirit threw the window; Shadow saw what his son was looking at.

"Oh that dose it" Shadow screamed in anger.

Elsa Shadow's wife looked at Spirit and looked back at Shadow and replied, "I think it's cute that the two like each other"

Shadow ran out the door only to hit someone and end up sat on the ground.

Shadow sat up and look at, "Twin" he shouted at the three tailed fox.

Twin is the daughter to Tails and Feather fox, she is a yellow fox with orange heir and she has light blue eyes and three tails, her older brother `Switch' was laying on the ground next to her, he looked like his father an orange fox with two tails and dark blue eyes.

Shadow stood up and ran off.

Spike and Elsa walked out the house and joined Spirit the three walked up to Twin and Switch.

Who were just getting up off the floor?

"It looks like your dad's are going to fight again, Spin" Switch said looking at Spirit.

"I don't get those two" Elsa said, she walked back into the house.

"Oh great, come on Spike" Spirit said, and the four ran after Shadow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

High above Mobius is the floating Island peaceful at times, a red bat with white wings was flying happily over her home checking to see if there was any trouble, her name is `Scarlet' and she would some day be Guardian of the floating Island, like her father before her, but at this time she is to young to be Guardian, she's only 10.

A figure got her attention; she flew down to get a better look.

"Alex, what are you doing here?" Scarlet asked, she stopped, hovering in mid air, the light violet male canary.

"Nothing, fake Guardian," replied the rude canary.

Alex was Amy Rose's son; Amy had lost her husband `Sleet' a blue canary, in a fire at their home about 5 years ago, Alex had over the years turned bad, Alex was only 11 year old; but he hated his mother so much for not going to help the others get his father out of the fire.

For 5 years now Amy has not been seen, some people said that she was hiding, other say she's dead.

"I'll get my mom and dad, Alex" Scarlet shouted.

"I don't care" Alex shouted even more ruder, he picked up a rock and threw it at her, but missed.

Scarlet had her mother's looks and mouth, but she had the ancient wisdom of the echidnas, from her father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the freedom fighters base it was now night


"Blade, give me that back, now" screamed a 4 year old, fox/bat and chameleon mix, in fact that was her name `Mix', her fur was dark green like her father, who was a dark green chameleon by the name of `Ash Olive'

Blade was only 5, but like his father `Sonic hedgehog', he has great speed he was a lime green hedgehog with bright emerald green eyes.

"Blade, give me back, Neo, now" Mix screamed again, Neo was her computer friend that her mother made for her.

Blade teased her some more until his and Mix's mother walked in the bedroom.

"Now Blade and Mix, will you please go to sleep" Blade's mother `Aleen' asked him nicely.

She closed the door after she was sure that the two had.

"I don't know how you do it, Aleen" Rei said to her in a happy tone of voice.

The two mothers looked at each other a smiled.

Rei was now 22 years old, Aleen who was once the leader to the Panic crew was now 32 years old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Max, I want to talk to you" Shadow shouted in anger at him, he ran into the base followed by, Spirit, Spike, Twin and Switch.

Matrix turned slowly at first, but something deep inside him was hurting badly, he fell to the floor on his hands and knees, then he held onto his chest with both hands in pain, he was breathing hard.

All the others ran over to him worried

Aleen and Rei walked in the room, Rei saw her friend in pain, but as the others moved to him they were hit by a psychic wave of energy.

"I'M SORRY" Matrix called in pain still holding chest with both hands

"ALEEN!" Sonic called, she had hit the wall and was out cold, not hurt.

Spirit looked at her father very worried "daddy" she whispered.

"GET OUT" Matrix cried at them

They ran out into the street, it was late at night so the others in the village would not wake up.

"What's going on with my dad" Spirit asked looking at Sonic.

"Oh my god, Blade and Mix are a sleep inside" Rei shouted.

The group looked at the base, hoping nothing would happen.

~~~~~~~~

"Knuckles, no one's, answering" Rouge called from another room in the Chaos Emerald Chamber.

"Oh" Knuckles replied, walking into the same room as her.

Knuckles and Rouge both looked each other.

Knuckles then walked over to the Master Emerald, he waved his right hand over the large green Emerald and an image of the black Armadillo appeared, he was in the Chaos Emerald Chamber, alone.

"WHAT!" Knuckles shouted in panic, "Rouge, find Scarlet and meet me at the Chaotix crew tower, now" Rouge did a she was told, she flew out.

Knuckles looked back at the Master Emerald.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From out of Matrix's chest four crystals had appeared, he was now unconscious from all the pain he had felt.

He was floating 3 foot off the ground with the 4 crystals slowly spinning around him.

Slowly the others walked in the mean door.

"Oh" Tails gasped, Sonic looked at his friend and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rogue had found Scarlet and was heading for Chaotix crew tower on Mobius.

"So Knuckles, why are we here at this time in the morning" Vector asked, it was now 2:00 a clock in the morning.

"Duel" Knuckles replied

"Who?" Charmy said, confused.

Mighty and Espio both looked at each other then Mighty asked, "Are you sure"

Knuckles nodded and said "Yes, Mighty"

"Whose Duel" Charmy said, more confused.

"Where is he now" Espio asked

Just then Rogue and Scarlet walked in, Knuckles looked at Rogue.

"Your ok" he replied, suddenly the whole Island shock.

"Daddy, what's going on?" Scarlet shouted

"The Island it's falling" Vector screamed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on Mobius at the freedom fighters base

Matrix was still unconscious, suddenly all four crystals disappeared back in his chest.

He floated back to the ground and his eyes shot open.

Amber, Ken and Jade who all had just come back from his parent's house watched in awe.

Matrix eyes flashed green (like Chaos).

"The Islands falling" Matrix said in a trance like voice.

His eyes return to their normal colour.

"The Floating Islands falling" he said again and ran out with the others close behind him there all looked up, only to see the Floating Islands falling fast through the clowns.

"Our friends," Tails shouted in shock.

"GOT TO DO SOMETHING" Matrix shouted

He turned to his kids and sighed, "Spirit, Light"

"Yes daddy" the two said in union.

"Follow me"

"Max, no please" Amber pleaded

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, The Islands falling" Charmy screamed.

"Yes Charmy" Knuckles screamed back.

But just then the whole Island stopped.

"Are we dead yet" Vector asked

{No Vector} a voice said in his mind

"Max, thanks" Knuckles said,

Scarlet looked at her father confused, "Daddy you feeling ok, Max is on Mobius"

"Yes dear" he replied to her.

{Knuckles, I'm going to put the Island in the Mobian Ocean}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the same time at all the key points around the Island was Matrix, Spirit and Light, were each using their Telekinesis abilities to stop the island from falling.

"Father, I can't do it" Spirit screamed, she and Light were not as powerful as Matrix.

{You can Spirit} Matrix said telepathically

"Ok, Dad" Light replied

{No Vector} he said

"Yah" Spirit shouted

{Knuckles, I'm going to put the Island in the Mobian Ocean} Matrix said.

The Floating Island stopped dead, 2 miles up above the South Island.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later after the Island was put safely in the Mobian Ocean, which was not far away from the South Island.

"You told them that they have psychic abilities, do you know what that could do to a kid," Knuckles shouts at Matrix in an anger tone.

"Oh and your tell me, that I can't tell MY own kids" Matrix shouts back "at less I have"

"Oh yah"

"YAH"

"BOYS, calm down" Rogue says firmly, but Knuckles and Matrix continue shouting at each other, Rouge slowly walks away.

"I don't get Rogue, why are those two so" Amber said, standing next to the white bat.

"So like little boys, I don't know too, Amber" Rogue replied, rolling her eyes at the site of the two punching each other into the ground.

"WELL, AT LESS I'M GOING TO GROW OLD" Knuckles shouts,

"Oh great, Knuckles knows that's going hit Matrix hard" Rogue said looking at Amber, the two look worried.

"Matrix honey " Amber says nicely, but it's to late Matrix grabs Knuckles by the neck and puts him up agents a tree.

"You say that again" Matrix whispers into Knuckles's ear, then the two stair at each other.

"Hay, you two cut it" Shadow shouts

"The kids aren't here, right, lets let them get it out of they system" Sonic said, he was stood next to Shadow.

Sonic had his arm around Aleen looking at how Matrix was beating up Knuckles; Sonic had a big smile on his face.

"Sonic come on, Knuckles is not like us" Shadow replies

"Yah, I know" Sonic said, {I know Shadow, man, I have all eternity too} "I hate those Emeralds"

Shadow just smirked at what Sonic had just said.

"What" Sonic asked? Looking at Shadow

"Oh, just the thought, of have our kids looking the same age as us, in a Millennium from now " Shadow started to laugh, Sonic looked at him.

{I like the old evil Shadow better} he thought, the he to started to laugh.

"I think we should stop Max" Sonic said after he stopped laugh.

Shadow nodded.

The two hedgehogs walked over to Matrix and Knuckles, who were fighting.

"Hay you two" Shadow called, he walked right up the Matrix and Knuckles.

But as Knuckles went to hit Matrix, Matrix ducked and Knuckles hit Shadow hard in the face.

Knuckles looked at Shadow.

"Uah"

Shadow then punched Knuckles back; Sonic was in the middle of all three.

"Well, well if isn't Matrix and the gang of losers"

The others turned to see the black Armadillo standing, with one hand on a large rock.

"Duel" Matrix growled, his voice was full of anger and hatred to the black Armadillo, Matrix readied himself to fight holding the sword in his hands.

"Oh and what are you going to do about it" Duel watched, the others move closer to him, "not so fast," he held out his hand at them, "this is fight vs. created brothers only"

Matrix narrowed his eyes at Duel, "your not my brother"

"Not by Choice" Duel added

"Ok buddy, you like to fight bring it, ON" Matrix stood ready

"Max, the kids" Amber screamed at him.

"YOUR RUNNING AGAIN" Duel called

"NEVER" Matrix shouted.

The others looked at Matrix shocked, none of them had truly seen Matrix's full psychic power.

"GOOD, NOW LETS GET TO IT" Duel shouted,

Duel and Matrix vanished.

"WOW, there moving fast" Shadow said, he was moving his head to follow two blurs in the sky.

Sonic did the same "their using their powers to fly super fast"

"It's Chaos energy vs. psychic energy" Sonic replied, to the others watching.

Matrix and Duel where moving to fast for any of the others to see, only Shadow and Sonic could see them.

The fight continued for a hour.

Matrix hit Duel in the ribs; Duel created waves chaos energy, to send Matrix flying to the ground.

Matrix stopped dead

Letting the others see how badly injured he was, he was bleed all over and he had a broken left arm his cloths were burning, he dropped the coat to the ground.

"Round 1" is all Matrix said, he smiled a Duel,

"Now on to, Round 2" Duel shouted

Then the two of them, started to build up two powerful waves of energy, one was made psychic and the other Chaos energy.

The two waves were fried at each other.

"MAX" Amber screamed in fear,

The group watched as Duel created a green ball and Matrix created a white one.

Then they through them at each other, the two blasts hit the ocean around the Island.

"Guys, we have to stop them" Tails said, he turned his head to the Chaos Emeralds shrine.

"NO WAY, Tails" Shadow said, looking the fox's face

"But, Shadow it's the only way" Rouge said, "like one little Emerald is going to hurt you"

"Come on, Sonic" Knuckles looked at the blue hedgehog then back up at the two fighting high above them.

Shadow agreed.

Sonic on the other hand, just stood looking down at the ground.

{If I do this, I can never go back to being a normal hedgehog again, I'll have to watch my friends grow old} Sonic thought, then Tails put a hand on Sonic shoulder, Sonic looked into Tail's blue eyes and Sonic sighed "Oh ok".

{I'm sorry} Tails thought.

Sonic and Shadow walked over to the Chaos Emeralds shrine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile high above them, Duel and Matrix were still fighting.

Duel looked at Matrix, who was not showing any signs of getting tired.

"Your psychic abilities Max, make you weaker then me" Duel called over he hovered in the air.

"Oh yah, watch this" Matrix called back, he held his hand out on both sides and vanished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on the ground, Shadow and Sonic who were a bout to absorb the Chaos energy from the Chaos Emeralds,

But from out of nowhere Matrix appeared in front of the Emeralds.

"Oh well, we'll see whose powers the weaker now" Matrix said out loud.

He absorbed the energy.

Shadow and Sonic both looked at each in shock.

"MAX, NO" they both screamed starting to run at him.

But he just vanished again.

"GREAT" they both said in union

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duel was looking around trying to see if he could find Matrix, "where did he go"

"Behind you" Matrix's voice called

Duel turned to see Matrix in his Super form, he was pure grey with white lines down his spikes and his eyes are pure white.

"Oh" Duel said

"Hay, can you save your kids and your friends at the same time" Duel started to laugh, "because if not your little kid's are going to say bye, bye" Duel hovered a bit more then started to moved away.

"YOUR NOT GETTING AWAY NOT THIS TIME" Matrix shouted, he fired a blast of pure psychic energy at Duel; Duel turned his head a bit, the blast hit him.

"Thank you Max" Duel whispered, "Thank you, for releasing me from this living hell"

Matrix looked down at the floating Island then at the Emerald hill zone, and then back up at Duel was.

{Guys Duel's gone, but our kids are in trouble} Matrix said telepathically to the others.

He flew off in the way Duel was thinking just before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later and the others had arrived at Sunnyhill town to see Matrix, who was back to his normal self; he just stood like a rock in the middle of the street looking around, the wind was blowing around him, but he didn't care.

"Max" Amber asked walking slowly up to him, Matrix held his hand up to stop her.

He moved away from her and the others "stay here" is all he said, he walked over to a group of bushes, then without warring something hit him, he turned his head.

"MAX!" the others cried

The invisible attacker punched Matrix in the face and then the stomach, for some unknown reason Matrix did not fight back; he fell to the hard ground.

Then the invisible attacker stopped and suddenly turned visible so that all the others could see whom it was.

The attacker was a female; she was mix of chameleon, armadillo, echidna and hedgehog, she ran up to Matrix.

Matrix looked up at her "Smek" he said in a surprised tone of voice.

"Max it is you" Smek shouted, "Oh, I thought you died like the others"

Matrix said, he hugging her "where have you been"

"Around, I thought I was the only one, who made it" Smek pulled way as she saw the others walking towards her, "who are you" she asked fear in her voice.

"It's ok, Smek, their my friends" Matrix said, she helped him back up off the ground.

Smek asked Matrix "do you know about `04' and '05'"

Matrix turned his headway "Yes, their tubes crashed, no one survived, but us" she looked at him sad, all this time as the two talked the others were getting more and more confused.

{It wasn't your fault} she said telepathically.

{I forgot we are the most powerful psychic's Grey created} Matrix replied back to her telepathically, he looked at her and smiled.

"Er, Max can you tell us who she is," Sonic asked, trying to hold back his confusion.

"Her name's Smek guys she's an old friend" Matrix looked over at her, she had a big smile on her face {No Smek please, don't} Matrix asked telepathically {don't tell them}

"What Matrix means by old friend, is we've have been around Mobius for 48 years longer then you guys" Smek replied laughing, she gave a girlish evil smile at Matrix.

{I'll get you} Matrix said darkly to her telepathically, the others looked at Matrix shocked.

"That would make you over 50 year old, but you only look like you're in your 20's" Rouge replied confused.

"I don't age" Matrix replied, "none of Grey's creations do"

"Oh" Rouge replied quietly

"So Max, how have you been all these years" Smek asked

"Smek, I'm telepathic, like you what is it," Matrix asked, she looked at him.

"I remember that day you and the others were taken by F.I.R.E. and I just watched them take you" Smek looked strait into his red eyes, "I watched and heard you call my name and the others names over and over, but I didn't help" she fell to the duty floor.

"Smek" Matrix walked slowly up to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"No Max" Smek sat on the ground, not crying, but after while she looked up at him "Max, can you help me" he helped her up.

"Yes, after all Smek you're family"

The two looked at each other, then smiled.

"DADDY" a young voice suddenly cried.

Smek turned her head to see a group of 8 kids, that where running at them.

"DADDY!!" Spirit shouted she ran at her father.

Smek watched as the kid ran into Matrix arms "You have a kid" she asked shocked.

"Daddy, whose this lady" Spirit asked, looking at Smek.

"My lost sister" Matrix replied, Smek looked at him and smiled.

{She's your daughter, or right} Smek said, Matrix nodded to her replied.

"Spirit meet" he stopped and looked at Smek, who nodded "Celsius,"

~~~~~~

It was 11:00 a clock at night and it was time for all the children to go to sleep, Amber had taken Spirit and Light, up stairs to bed, leaving Matrix and Smek sat down stairs talking together about the past.

"So why do you need help Smek" Matrix asked, he looked at her.

"Max, have you told your friends about Project Genesis yet, I know you have a family and all, you know as well as I do, that we're different and they need to know" Smek replied, she put her hand on his.

"Smek, I can't tell them" Matrix looked to the stairs, his thoughts at that point where of Amber and the kids would be batter off with out him.

She smiled at him "you can tell them"

"And what would I say, that I'm one of the ancients" Matrix raised his voice, but not enough so that Amber would come down.

"Yes, you should tell them what the Project was about" Smek added

"You're right, I should tell them" Matrix

~~~~~~~

Meanwhile

Outside in the shadows a figure stood watched the house closely, the figure's dark purple eyes narrowed and then the figure glowed an eerily yellow, "So he's still alive after all these years, I'll see you soon," the dark reptile figure turned and walked away.

~~~~~~~

Matrix stood in an Ancients city, he was watching a rainbow coloured hedgehog.

The rainbow coloured hedgehog had soft white glow all over him and in his hands he had a gold, silver and crystal sword, there was a new figure.

Female in appearance, she was holding other sword; the new sword had two blades that were split down the middle like an up side down letter V.

The two figures, with the swords started to fight in the street, then the rainbow hedgehog stopped and through his sword to the ground creating a shock wave like earthquake.

The rainbow hedgehog fell to his knees.

The female sword fighter then held up her sword and ran her sword into the other hedgehog's chest killing him.

~~~~~~

Matrix awoke up, he had the same nightmare so many times before, but this time, it was clearer, he wiped the sweat from his face, and sighed.

He turned and looked over at Amber still a sleep next to him in the same bed.

He slowly got out of bed and headed to get a cup of water, he grabbed a cup at random and walked into the bathroom to fill it up.

It was past three in the morning and he could barely keep his eyes open.

After drinking the water he put the cup away in cabinet and washed his face, he looked up at his face, that was dripping wet from the cold water, he reached for a towel and dried his face off.

He looked up at the mirror and saw the same rainbow coloured hedgehog, from his dream, stood behind him, Matrix's eyes went wide with shock, and he turned around.

"ABNER" Matrix yelled without knowing it.

But when he turned around and the other hedgehog was gone.

Only a cool breeze drifted in from an open window.

"Where did he go?" Matrix wondered, looking around the bathroom.

After closing the bathroom window he decided to go back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~

Someone watched him from outside the bathroom window in the shadows of a tree.

"You are quick to learn, New Highborn Guardian, Our paths shall cross soon." It said just before is disappeared in a swirl of white smoke.


~~~~~~~~

The next morning

"Max. Max, wake up" a soothing peaceful voice said as it gently shook "C'mon Max" It said again.

Slowly Matrix opened his eyes to see, Amber looking at him with her bright royal blue eyes, he yawned then said "Amber, honey did you sleep will"

"Yes like a dream, you" Amber asked, looking into her husband's eyes lovingly.

{I can't tell her about that weird nightmare, not until I do first}, "Yes, I did Amber" Matrix bit his lip, he hated lying to her, he loved her so much.

He stretching his arms and got out of bed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime later

"Amber, I'm going to the floating Island to see about something, ok" Matrix called, just before he left the house.

As Matrix walked away from his home he felt tired and dizzy, he blinked a few time but the feeling wouldn't go a way.

"So you're the New Highborn Guardian," replied a voice behind him.

Matrix turned as he did space and time, wrapped and twisted around him, he found himself standing in a ancient city, but the building looked new.

Matrix felt like he was going to through up his breakfast.

Matrix saw someone in a dark crimson red and white hooded cloak walking up to him.

"Who, who are you" Matrix asked the owner of the voice, who wore a hooded cloak.

"I am Abner the first Highborn Guardian and your ancestor," replied owner of the voice, he removed the hood under it was a rainbow coloured hedgehog.

"Your my ancestor, but shouldn't you be dead" Matrix asked a bit confused about the idea of meeting one of his family that he had never seen before.

"I am not dead, like I said before I am the first Highborn Guardian, I putted you out of your time so I can tell you that a battle is coming, you need to get your friends together and tell them" then Abner vanished.

Matrix was back in the street.

[Highborn Guardian] Matrix thought as he looked around and he then continued to walk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Much later on the Floating Island

Matrix was sat on a rock, he was helping Scarlet learn how to fight, Scarlet had asked Max in secret to show her how to fight with a sword, Spirit, Light and Smek were their too.

"Now come at me" Matrix said, he watched a Scarlet slowly at first moved toward him, then she ran at him and attack "good, good now it's your turn son"

Light stood and walked over to him.

"Scarlet, my son is the bad guy, ok"

"Ok" Scarlet replied looking at the white hedgehog in front of her.

She went to attack him.

After the first attack he backed away.

"Oh come dad can we go now " Light called,

Matrix turned and looked at him.

"Ok, but remember don't tell Knuckles about this" Matrix said, he watched as Spirit, Scarlet, Light ran off.

"Good kids" Smek replied, she looked at Matrix.

He looked her and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Mobian Ocean where the Floating Island was now located.

The Chaotix crew were at Knuckles and Rouge's home talking about how there could get the island back up in the sky, when Spirit, Scarlet, Light ran in.

"Daddy, can Mink, Troy, Eva, Tina come out and play" Scarlet asked nicely.

"Sure kids, Oh Spirit is your dad here" Knuckles asked her.

Spirit nodded as she ran with the other two into another room.

Spirit, Scarlet and Light ran into the room were Mink who was Mighty's son he was a darker red Armadillo, but looked like his father, Troy was Vector's son a dark green Crocodile, Eva was Espio's daughter a yellow Chameleon, Tina was Charmy's daughter.

"So guys what's up," Light asked, Mink and Troy looked up at the white hedgehog.

"Oh nothing much, Light" Mink replied "why"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the other room, Matrix and Smek had arrived

"Knuckles, can I talk to you alone" Matrix asked, the two of them walked outside.

Matrix stood in front of Knuckles with his back turned from the echidna.

Matrix looked at the ancient city of the echidnas, but did not turn to face the Knuckles.

He suddenly asked Knuckles, "Knuckles, what do you know of the first highborn Guardian"

"Who" Knuckles asked confused.

Matrix turned to Knuckles and sighed hard "Ok this is going to sound crazy, my ancestor putted me out of this time so he could tell me that a battle is coming" Matrix replied, Knuckles watch Matrix as he told him.

"You mean to tell me you have the same power that your ancestors did, centuries ago" Knuckles looked way at the now black sky.

"Knuckles, don't tell the others, well not yet," Matrix said looking Knuckles.

Knuckles looked at Matrix "Ok, one Guardian to another"

The two smiled at each other.

Smek walked out she had a worried look on her face, Matrix turned and looked at her then he shouted at the top of his voice "Amber's in hospital"

Smek and Knuckles looked him worried, Matrix ran in the room.

Matrix, Spirit and Light left as soon as they could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matrix hit both of his hands on the door and bust through the doors of GUN's infamy in the base.

Sonic and the others were already there.

"President," said Matrix as he walked past him in the corridors the President turned his head.

The President nodded to him and the others.

"Max, come back here," shouted an angry female voice.

Matrix turned to see a lavender coloured fox, she walked right up to Matrix and slapped him around the face hard, "I hate you, I thought you died"

"Lilac come on, I'm one of the best agents GUN has, do you really think that I would just die, without a good fight" Matrix told her; she looked at the others with him.

"Hi guys" she said, "I hared about Amber I'm sorry" the lavender fox slowly turned and walked away.

Matrix continued to the room where Amber was in, he opened the door slowly and walked in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room was quite apart from the person breathing one in the bed.

Matrix had left Spirit and Light out side with the others.

He moved slowly closer to the bed and saw her, she had a broken arm and cuts all over her body and she had lost a lot of blood.

Matrix sat down next to her on a chair, he put his hand on her hand, she half open her eyes and looked at him sadly.

"Amber dear, who did this to you" Matrix asked.

she couldn't talk; Matrix used his telepathy ability to read her mind, after he looked away.

Anger took hold and he put his hand in a pocket.

"I'm sorry, this is my fault" Matrix said, his voice lowed "I will deal with it alone".

He took the Dark Omega and put it on the side, on a table.

"I'll do this the old way" he then pulled out of his pockets a gun; the gun was an old design.

Amber's face said `no stay here'

"No one hurts my family" Matrix stood up and vanished from the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A shadow appears running down a dark ally like someone was chasing him, which someone was.

The figure was breathing heavily with fear; he turned his head over his shoulder, but saw no one he continued running.

After turning the ally into another ally, the figure's feet hit the puddle of water in the alley, the figure looked over his shoulder again, this time to see right behind him a hedgehog in a crimson red trench coat chasing him.

"Who are you?" the figure shouted at the hedgehog.

"Genesis"

"03" the figure shouted, his heart stopped.

"Yah creep, you nearly killed my wife, the last time, I let you go a live this time," the hedgehog shouted in anger.

He held up the gun and pointed it at the figure's leg and fried.

The figure hit the ground hard, not dead, but badly injure.

The hedgehog walked up slowly to the figure on ground, the figure's eyes filled with fear and horror.

"If your going to kill me then do it," the figure cried

"Why did you"? The hedgehog asked, looking at the figure on the ground, the figure looked at him.

"I was ordered to, by them," the figure shouted at the hedgehog.

"Oh the name's Matrix, remember it," the hedgehog said, he held the gun to the figures head ready to firer it again.

But just before he did a shadow hit the gun out of his hands, Matrix turned to see a green 22-year-old hedgehog standing there.

This new fighter wore orange shoes and in his hands was an emerald green light sword, which was active, the other hedgehog was pointing the sword at him.

"Been along time," Matrix said smiling at the new comers face, the figure on the ground slowly and painfully got up and ran off.

"What are you doing it my city" shouted the other hedgehog.

"Oh so this is how you say hello," Matrix said sarcastically "to old friends"

"Max oh, it is you, you haven't aged a day" replied the other hedgehog "what brings you here to New York"

"It's nice you remember me, Scotty," Matrix replies, he put his gun away under his coat "so I hear you're a freedom fighter now"

"Crime fighter" Scotty replied, to his old friend, "So why are you beating up criminals, are you trying to take my job"

"No, I'm not taking your job, but that animal nearly killed, Amber" Matrix spat at Scotty in anger, then he looked off in the way the figure had gone in.

"I'm on the same side as you Max, Sonic told me about Amber, he phoned me up a few days ago, your kids and the others are worried about you, Max" Scotty said, looking at the white hedgehog.

"I know, but I can't go home, it's my fault Amber's hurt"

"Why is it your fault" Scotty asked, walking slowly over to him.

Matrix looked at Scotty, suddenly a gang of 40 criminals appeared in the dark ally.

"YOU BEAT UP ONE OF MY MAN, NOW YOU'RE IN FOR IT" shouted the leader of the gang.

The gang at this point had not seen Scotty standing next to Matrix, and the gang moved towards Matrix, then they saw the crime fighter.

"Look it's him, Yah the crime fighter" the criminals all called then the leader shouted "GET HIM" then they all started to run, some had guns others had knifes.

Matrix and Scotty both looked at each other then back at the criminals.

"Like to pick on someone, uh, like to pick on some poor little none city guy, will this none city kid has some stuff" Matrix said, about 10 of the criminals started to run at him, "Like the old times, uh, Scotty" Matrix said to Scotty, as Matrix ran at the gang he grabbed a metal pipe that was on the ground and hit some of the criminals with it.

Scotty used his sword "I thought you lost your tough, Max, but look like I was worry" Scotty smirked, Matrix looked over to him and smiled then threw the pipe at Scotty, hitting a Criminal that was behind him.

"Thanks" Scotty said

"Watch your back, crime fighter" Matrix called

Then one of the criminal hit Matrix over to head with the back of his gun, Matrix fell to the ground, but Matrix jumped up and used his right leg to kick the Criminal in the face, he landed back on the ground, then he punched 4 other criminals and then he used his psychic abilities to through the other 5 away from him.

After about 5 minuets Matrix and Scott stood back-to-back, Scotty with his Emerald sword and Matrix with his psychic abilities.

"Oh look the big time crime fighter, he has to help his little friend from being killed" one of the criminal teased, that got strait to Matrix's head.

"You think I can't do anything" Matrix shouted at the criminal, he move away from Scotty "I'll show you" Matrix then created in his hands a psychic ball of energy then he threw it at the lager gang.

Grabbing Scotty's hand "come on Scotty run" Matrix called as he ran, Scotty soon followed; the two ran around a corner and stopped.

The psychic ball energy exploded.

"Wow Max, Max what's the matter" Scotty asked, looking at him.

Matrix turned his head from him and whispered to himself "time's running out on us, it's not like it used to be, I guess I'm the only one to blame".

Scotty looked confused at him "Max"

"Scotty tell the others to meet me at the place we first met, they'll know." Matrix turned and just vanished.

"Ok, but this is not goodbye friend," Scotty said and he too turned and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The end…?