Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ :: A world beyond me :: ❯ Chapter 1: The conversion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

:: A world beyond me ::

*DISCLAIMER*

Well things couldn't get worse for my rotting mind... This is a self insertion fic where I turn into a fuzzy animal person and allow 5 other people to do that to! My own original character. I know, I promised myself that I'd never write a fanfiction about my own character but there's always time for something new. Anyway, I don't own anything or anybody. Sega does.

*~*

The lock snapped closed after I entered my shabby room. It was a small, quaint room with bare, white walls and a glossy, new paint touch down on the double doors. My bed spread had a blue plaid pattern running all over it as well as on the pillowcase. My window had blue blinds and I had green couch that was able to convert itself into a bed, which was on the left of my own bed. I debated whether or not I'd flick on my desk lamp, since it was so scorching hot whenever it flickered on. But I needed the light. I positioned it away from me, so it was facing the fax machine on my desk.

My room had the family computer in it, with a fax machine and two printers to boot. There were three shelves against the walls right above my bed and I. Mainly TY beanie babies sat on them, collecting dust. I put all my bear beanie babies in a rack so that not one fleck of dust would find them. Okay, I was exaggerating about the dust.

I hopped onto my red rolling chair and began to click on my AOL icon. I hated using AOL but it was the only Internet service I had for the time being. Instead of going on my own screen name, I clicked on my mothers, for I requested my privacy when visiting fanfiction.net and wished not to be Instant Messaged all the time. I also hated it when my mother would fling the door open and interrupt me while reading.

My brother's room used to be the most occupied room in the house until recently. The Internet connection he had was what kept everyone visiting so often and him and I fighting a lot over who got to use it until he got a virus. Heck, he got an average of 150 emails a day and that was just on ONE of his screen names. And he had 170 buddies, no wonder he got a virus. I had merely 12 friends on my buddy list and I took precautions when opening emails, unlike him. He was barely around the house because of his work. He was helping create 3d-models for a game called "Devastation". (A/n: All these facts so far are TRUE! And the ones coming up next are also true!) So he still lived at home with our mom and dad. It wasn't that bad for him as everyone thinks. It was his opportunity to save up money without always paying rent. Screw the "I'm-so-independent-because-I-live-in-a-apartment" talk.

Well, the first question a first acquaintance would ask me is "Are you Chinese?" And the second would probably be "Are you Japanese?" Yes, I did look Asian, yet I didn't have those squinting eyes. I had brown eyes no different from many other people my age. I was 14 and very petite. I have small framed glasses with thin lenses and didn't understand why people wearing glasses were always asked, "Are you going to get contact lenses?" Glasses were just fine to me. I wasn't fat, mind you, and I'm still not. My brown hair was a little past my shoulders and THICK. The brush was my worst enemy.

I loved spending my nights alone, reading fanfics just like millions of other people did. It was 12:38 P.M. and I knew that I'd be sleeping in once again this morning. But, for some reason, I was always weary and exhausted whenever I was awake during daylight. I had to take nap breaks often between the time I took playing my video games. But at night I was a different story. I could stay up for quite a while. I was practically a vampire. You have to admit Sonic the Hedgehog had pretty interesting stories. I grew to like Amy Rose during the past few weeks. She does deserve good fanfics just as well as any other character.

It was another night, now 12:40 P.M. I practically searched all over for fanfics that were worth my time and found that the ones that were, that I read them already and was waiting for new chapters.

I couldn't take the unbearable empty feeling I suddenly got when I was deprived of a good story. It ate at me, much like hunger did. If I couldn't read a good STH story, then there's always...message boards!

Forums and RPGs…they were good enough. I typed in www.ezboard.com and waited for my extremely slow computer to load. God it felt like an hour, although it was clearly just 15 seconds. I shouted at my computer whenever it took so long...

"God you stupid fucking computer! I've only been on for a minute and I'm already about to be booted off." I yelled. I would sometimes kick the hard drive, but you and I both know that that would make things worse than they were. I hated my slow connection. I'd die to have dsl. I'd even settle for a pathetically slow dsl connection. Anything must've been faster than THIS. I groaned and my fist slammed on my desk...ouch!

Just like me. I always gripe about AOL. After which, I typed in a few words to see if was actually a forum. "The nEwEsT and cOoLeSt Sonic RPG ever." I typed. What were the chances that it was actually going to exist? When the site finally loaded, at least 3 ads popped up in front of it. I closed them all and read the main forum's title.

"The nEwEsT and cOoLeSt Sonic RPG ever." It read. I scoffed at it and couldn't believe somebody actually DID make a forum by that name. Probably wasn't that great as it emphasized. I found a little relief when I read the, "100% Sega No Archie" picture below. I just wanted to RPG with my own character, a creamy white fox, or vixen if you like, that doesn't have any tails at first but when she gets a chaos emerald, it becomes a part of her and grows into a new tail. But that was just my character. There were plenty other people there with characters just as stupid, better, and worse than mines was.

But I never would've guessed what happened next...My computer illuminated vibrant neon green and blurred my eyes after I clicked on one of the forum's names.

"What the hell is happenin-" I said. I shrieked as I felt myself being pulled in, like a paper clip to a huge magnet.

"What is this? Digimon or something?" I asked. I used to love Digimon so much. I grew crazy about the first season, and the second season was okay. Then I moved into this new house and our huge selection of 200 and more channels was reduced to a mere 52! No fox kids…But I lucked out as Fox kids programs were shown on Fox Family! But, due to school, I never got the chance to watch hardly any of season three's episodes. I was definitely confused while watching an episode, the other day.

But forget about Digimon! I was being dragged to some place far more different than the Internet, or the digital world or whatever! God a wormhole was dragging me in!

Anyone here ever played Chrono Trigger? Well, the vortex animation that occurs while you are time travelling in that game really reminded me of this.

"ACKKKKK WHY DO I DESERVE THIS?!" I yelled. Blazing stripes of flashing colors rushed passed me and showed no sign of slowing down. I didn't know if I was falling down or up! It was so confusing to my poor, oblivious eyes. My head was throbbing insanely and saw a blinding light ahead of myself. Where was I off to?

As I drew close enough, I found that the light was like a `screen'! Once I passed through, I found…I automatically had white gloves like a Mickey Mouse character! What was going on?

I twisted my head and found my arms, my back, my legs…were covered with creamy white colored fur! I was SHORT! I was petite…But this was ridiculous!

"Why am I wearing extremely big, red soap shoes? And furry from my head down to my toes...creamy white fur..." I said trailing off.

NO! THIS COULDN'T BE HAPPENING! I was turning into my own character! Her name was...Bell. I looked once more over my shoulder. I found I didn't even have a little stubby tail. Then a groped my ears...they weren't where they used to be! Instead I felt around my head and found two pointy flaps of skin and white fur at the top of my forehead. A nice hue of cyan blue was at the tips of my...ears. I had many cyan highlights at the edges of my body. I didn't have a tail yet I was covered head to toe with creamy white fur with a blank white tuft of fur on my `chest', and I had ears on the top of my head...It was just like...

"Just like..." I said giving myself to think. But I felt, something heavy at my feet. It wasn't something heavy...it was newfound gravity pulling at my feet!

And if that wasn't bad enough...I stared beneath my feet. Air...only air. And a heap of dirt waiting to meet my face! ACK!

As I descended, I shouted, "STUPID AOLLLLLL!"

*~* Tails shack *~*

"God, why won't you work already?" Tails asked. Alone he sat in his garage, tinkering on one of his newest inventions. To my surprise, it wasn't the cyclone, or tornado, or any other plane named after some natural storm. Instead, it was a huge glass tube of some sort. There were a couple of fan blades spinning at the top, but were halting to a stop. Sparks were flying from it and smoke clogged up the garage. Tail opened his garage and let the smoke fly out.

As soon as the air was pure enough to breathe, he took off his green goggles and let them fall to his chest. He sighed.

"I must've pressed the button 6 times already...I knew that planes and mechs were the only things I had a knack for. Why'd I even bother trying to make anything else." He said. His dimension portal device was supposed to make life forms from other worlds, pop out of nowhere within his machine. But as you can see, it worked just fine. He just had to work on the part where the life form popped up INSIDE his machine. I was just one person...but he pressed it six times!

That meant that 5 other people were joining me! I didn't have a clue that others would be joining me, as I drew closer to the ground.

*~* CLIFF HANGER *~*

I've gotten better at writing! See! ^_^ Okay, here's how it goes. I'll be allowing 5 other people to join in this fanfic. You have to have a profile and a character... This is sort of like an RPG yet I'm the one that is practically controlling everything. I know... that sounds unfair but hey! I'll try to do my best job! Anyhow, include a little about yourself in the review, your name and/or nickname, your own quote, how you look a little, and your character's personality, color, species and name. I know it's much to ask for but the feeling of being your character in a story is pretty exhilarating! Also, first come first serve. And try not to make a character invincible! Lol, I find a lot of that. I always wanted to try one of these. I might even add a pinch of romance! O.o;;; I know I'm strange.