Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ :: A world beyond me :: ❯ Chapter 2: WHAT THE H*LL?! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

:: A world beyond me ::

*DISCLAIMER*

I LOVE turtles! I don't know why I never chose to put a turtle in my stories…oh well! C-4 you're a part of this fanfic! ^_^ You might hate Amy but hey! At least we both hate AOL! Lol And John Ziadi! Turtles RULE! Still waiting for 3 more people to join.

*~*

There I was, falling and screaming my lungs out. I was a white vixen with blue highlights all over and no tails. But as I saw what I was going to land on, I found out it wasn't a heap of dirt. It was a lake!

"Greaaaaat, now I get to drown to death." I said with deep sarcasm in my voice. You know, this place looked an awful lot like the Mystic Ruins in SA...yet it was a lot bigger.

"Why am I thinking about VIDEO GAMES at a time like this?" I asked. I was falling headfirst and as I was I saw...a huge prison!

But before my thinking could go on further, I dived down into the water that awaited me as straight and agile as an arrow. I definitely hurt. I had a cramp now, water tried to fill my lungs, and my head was throbbing more than ever. I wish I learned how to swim better. But I was too busy going on the Internet to bother going to the swimming pool.

"If only I took some swimming lessons!" I said. I found myself floating up to resurface naturally. I was panting furiously now. I could swim, but not very well. And I was a Pisces, go figure.

"I see you can use some help." Said voice coming from above me. I looked up and saw...Knuckles? But he was yellow...yet a bit on the grayish side. He didn't have steel spikes on his knuckles either. Also he was carrying a sword on his back by a sandy brown-leathered sheath and some more assorted weapons at his side. He extended his hand to me and I gladly excepted. He pulled me in and I stepped out of the lake.

"I don't know who you are, but thank you! Actually, you won't believe this but-" I began but he cut me off.

"But you fell from the sky right after you clicked on one of the forums at a ezboard called `The newest and coolest Sonic RPG ever", right?" He asked. He stole the words right out of my mouth. I nodded in reply.

"Same thing here. And this is your character? Usually people with fox characters have 2 or more tails."

"I know! I know! I've read a lot of fanfics with characters like that!" I told him. He cocked his right eyebrow at me.

"You read fanfics too?" He asked.

"Yeah? Why?" I asked.

"Because my pen name on fanfiction.net is C-4 the Echidna!" He told me. I heard of him before...

"I'm KawaiiKaren, pleased to meet you! My name is really Kim though. Karen is just a character I made up but not the one I am at the moment. My fox character's name was going to be Fiona but I didn't want to copy. So I named her Bell. It's just as nice." I told him honestly.

"So, what are we doing here?" I asked him.

"To tell you the truth..." He began. I waited for his answer...

"I don't really know!" He said scratching behind his head. I facefaulted, I never thought I could but I did. When I stood up again, I felt a drop of sweat crawling down my scalp. A sweatdrop.

"Hey, how is possible for me to facefault, and sweatdrop?" I asked him.

"I don't know! All I know is that we're stuck in this world as our own STH characters in this Sonic video game world!" He snapped.

"We are?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Do I have to repeat myself?" He asked. I shook my head back and forth. This wasn't good! We didn't know how to get back to our own world! All we knew was that we were somewhere in a parallel dimension with a world made up of Sonic and everyone else. I started to miss my mom and her insanely loud booming stereos playing Spanish music. I started to miss my dad, and the fights my brother and I shared! I started to miss the little amount of friends I had. I started to miss home! I was 14 years old! I had to pull myself together. But I was...a fox!

It was strange. It felt like we were both normal human beings yet he was an echidna and I was a vixen!

"What are we going to do?" I asked him. I was all tense now and as timid as a mouse. But he seemed pretty calm...well more calm than I could ever be!

"You know, this doesn't seem like the Mystic Ruins to me..." I told him looking around. It was like an Amazon forest with yellow fireflies buzzing around. It looked more like "Green Forest" stage on Prison Island. Then three shadows were seen on the ground. At first they were the size of specks, but in a matter of seconds they grew large and wide. And PHOOM-PHOOM-PHOOM! Three GUN robots surrounded us!

"ACK! What's going on, C-4?" I asked clutching onto his left arm pretty tight. But he didn't seem to notice. He glared over at them all as they aimed for us both. I never fought or signed up for an Aikido class like my brother did! And I didn't have a tail to lash at them! I could kick and punch, but it wouldn't be able to break their metal parts like Sonic's light dash could!

"What are we going to do?" I asked him. He wielded his sword. After it shimmered and made that `sparkle' sound, he slashed them with ease. After their circuits and parts fell to the floor with sparks flying from them as well as chaos drives, he ran off dragging me with him.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Can't you see? This is the beginning of the `Green Forest' stage! And you know what that means!" I said. He ran to a point where he had to hold onto a vine and swing onto the land across of a large gap that came between.

"What DOES it mean?" I questioned him. He grunted. Many GUN robots and floating beetles appeared before us. As he ran in swiping them all and watching for the one that came out of no where, he told me, "The Island is about to explode in EIGHT minutes!"

I gasped. But I thought we weren't going to actually BE in a real part of the game! It was strange that there were actually boosters! Those speed boosters that made Sonic run faster! Like in the game. Enemies were in the same places they were in the stage! There were springs! And I swore that I saw a Half fish under that palm tree. Wasn't there suppose to be a Light Attack upgrade under those crates?

There was a chao box! C-4 cut it open, and grabbed the key. It disappeared afterwards. I wonder where it went!

It was such a strange feeling! He was running just as fast as Sonic did! But what awaited us? It couldn't be a goal ring! Or maybe, it was! Then we came to the area where the ground was made up of many shifting platforms. That was a good sign! We were almost out of the `stage'! You know, for a stage, it felt pretty real!

As he stepped on one platform, though, it began to fall into the water! Just as I thought it was our end, he took out...a roll of duck tape? Strange...yet it proved helpful as he turned a long strap of it into a sort of lasso. Then the loop of duck tape got itself onto it, then he tugged on it. I guess to make sure if it was strong enough.

"Hold on!" He told me. Then we swung onto a higher platform. I gaped at him in surprise as he roll whatever tape he could back to his roll.

"What? I never go anywhere without my duck tape, including another dimension! Comes in handy EVERYWHERE!" He said. But the platform we were on was already beginning to sink!

"Come on, C-4! We're going to die if you go on about your duck tape!" I told him. He groaned but he pulled himself and I onto another higher platform. Just as I expected, a spring to take us to the final platform where the Goal Ring would be! WOULD, is the key word.

"Since you got a chao key, does that mean we are going to Chao World? And if so, what happens after this." I asked. I sheathed his sword and looked about.

"Well, we'll just have to go along with the story and find out!" He said.

"Wait, if this is the hero side's story, then doesn't that mean we should be escaping on the Cyclone? But Tails isn't here...neither is Sonic or Amy!" I thought out loud. He cringed at the name Amy. I liked her all right, because a lot of people wrote her too OOC in fanfics and I wanted to express how she'd really be, but it didn't make me mad to know he was an Amy-hater. He had his rights to his own opinions. Then, when our 8 minutes were coming to an end, a buzzing sound was heard from above. Then a helicopter drifted down from above. Dust and brittle were brushes away as the helicopter's blades slowed.

Was it a koopa? No. Was it my `My little Pet shop' plastic turtle? No. Was it the teenage mutant teenage turtles? NO! It was a rather ordinary, yet tall turtle! He sat at there in front of the controls and gauges. He had tan skin and hazel pupils staring back at us. His shell was a dark gray color. I loved turtles though! I might not have them as a pet, but I liked them just the same.

"Who is THAT?" C-4 asked. The doors slid open from both sides. I seemed to notice something about this C-4 guy. He often had mood and personality changes. One minute he'll respond calmly to something, then the next he'll try and snap at you verbally. It was strange...maybe he was hearing voices in his head or something.

"It's a turtle!" I stated. He eyed us and spoke up.

"Are you guys coming in or what? You know this island's going to explode!" He said to us. We, as in C-4 and I, glanced back at each other then back at him. I went on the left door and he stepped into the door in front of him, the right door. As the doors slid closed, the helicopter's blades went back to spinning rapidly.

It lifted off the ground and flew off into the sky. After we were a good distance away, the island broke down with explosions occurring everywhere.

I had my back to the front and my face was probably glued to the Helicopter's back window. I sighed and turned to the front.

"So, turtle man, who are? Wait! Let me guess. You went on an ezboard that was called `The newest and coolest Sonic RPG' and got sucked into your computer! Then you came out in this world as your character, a turtle! Actually, I LOVE turtles! In my mind, my character's father, which found her abandoned, was a turtle. " I said with a cute little squeal. I guess that was my turn to steal someone else's words. He nodded.

"Yup, that's the case. My REAL name is John Ziadi. My character's name is Nokameko, but I decided to have shorten it to Nokame!" He said.

"So, maybe YOU know more about this predicament." I said.

"Yes, indeed, I do. Well, Tails was actually the reason we appeared here as our characters. But he has to work on a couple of things...One, being that he'd actually make us appear in his time than this one." Then C-4 butted in.

"What do you mean HIS time and THIS time?" He asked.

"Well, he created a contraption that takes people from other worlds and sticks them inside his own world. But it took us three, and I think a few others to his past rather than to his present. So, in other words, we're stuck in the game until we make it up to the point further along this timeline where he starts to create his invention in the first place. You got all that?" He asked. I...was confused. But somehow, I managed to comprehend it all.

"Where was Sonic? I didn't see him at all in that forest!" C-4 told our new turtle comrade.

"Actually he made it out a couple of seconds before you two did, He, Tails and Amy escaped before you even got there!" He stated. Our mouths formed a big `O'.

"Oh." Said us both. After a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, I decided to speak up.

"So...where are we headed off to now?" I asked.

"Well, there's GUN robots and cops everywhere. They might mistake you for Tails." He said.

"How? I'm white and I don't have 2 tails or a blue mech!"

"Yes, but Shadow was black with red highlights on his quills and jet skates but they didn't seem to notice the difference between him and Sonic, did they?" He asked.

"No, I guess not." I concluded.

"So where are we going to now?" C-4 asked.

"We're going to follow Sonic and all of them. We'll be safe because they'll be clearing a path once they thrash and shoot down all guards and robots in our way." Nokame replied.

"Why can't we just stay up here?" I questioned. Nokame shook his head as he pointed to the gauge. The fuel tank was running out! I sighed.

"Good, then let's land now!" He said. And so we did just that. We landed one in the streets of Station Square. It was "Mission Street"! Fire hydrants were shooting out gushing water everywhere, which didn't flood the streets thanks to the sewer vents on the pavement road. Cars were banged up also and more loose parts of robots settled on the floor. He opened the doors for us and we got out.

"We don't need this helicopter. I'm sure we don't have time to visit an automobile shop to repair it right now!" Nokame said.

"Tails has already come by! Let's hurry and catch him!" I said observing our surroundings. I was so good at doing that. Then shadows formed around us. Just as I suspected...more stupid GUN robots. "3" seems to be their favorite number to swarm around in! That was it! I was MAD! I grabbed the closest robot I could and hurled him into a grocery shop's window! And I thought I couldn't fight!

"I did THAT?" I asked.

"Pretty good!" C-4 said giving me a thumbs-up. Then instead of taking out his sword, he loaded bullets into some gun! He let the bullets fly at an unsuspecting hunk of metal. And soon after, the hunk of metal was now a pile of metal parts!

"Hey leave me the last one! SHELL SHOOOCK!" He said. He then rampaged forward and withdrew himself into his shell! That reminded me of Kooper's shell attack thing from Paper Mario! He was the coolest side character! I liked Boo too but she could never stand up to KOOPER!

"We're wasting time, Tails probably at the end of this `stage' by now!" I informed them. Even, individually there was nothing to hot for us to handle!

"These stupid robots are slowing us down! Maybe we should just avoid them! Hey, wait a minute, how come we didn't go to chao world?" I asked as we ran off.

"I don't know. Who can raise chao at a time like this?" C-4 asked.

"Sorry, just curious." I added.

"I think we should avoid them but they shoot bullets and a certain blue substance that hog ties us for a couple of seconds, and we can't afford that with the barrage of homing missiles they'll send at us." Nokame said.

We ran off into the tunnel. There were a couple of GUN robots there too as well as that enemy with the four bombs attached to him. I guess Tails was just as eager to get out of this place as we are. They stood up, after staying in their crouching positions. They launched several homing missiles but we out ran them. Yes, even Nokame! He was pretty fast for a turtle!

I kicked at the crates ahead of us and we hopped over metal crates. There weren't any coins or coin orbs. No invincible, bomb, shield, or magnetic shield orbs either. That was awkward. Everything else was right where it was supposed to be. Good thing this was Tails stage! Those loops in Green Forest drove me crazy! Then four GUN robots plopped themselves in front of us.

I decided to do away with 2 of them.

"I HATE these stupid things!" I declared. I hopped into the air and high kicked one of their faces. Then after I landed on the ground, I swung my fist into the next monstrosity's chest.

"Heh, I just give this one a swipe." C-4 said quickly grasping his sword, lashed at it, and sheathing his sword yet again with ease.

"Shell SHOCK!" Nokame shouted as he hurled himself inside his shell and struck the robot.

Then we jumped onto this red handle. I held onto C-4's hand and he held onto Nokame's. Now this fighting became quite a familiar task. And finally we approached the place where the Goal Ring would've been! This was great! We were making great progress so far, and my fighting skills were getting better! But how were we going to follow Tails? He was probably in his transformed car racing to find the president about now!

*~* CLIFFHANGER *~*

Please! I need 3 other peeps to join us! I'm all inspired again! This is pretty exciting! Battle scenes and all!