Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ :: A world beyond me :: ❯ Chapter 3: What's this doing here? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

:: A world beyond me ::

*DISCLAIMER*

All the slots are filled! WHOO HOO! Ztarlight, I emailed her about it, Rahn, and Kit_Kat are accepted! ^_^ Also I don't one any of their characters or Sonic characters, well they haven't turned up yet but they will soon enough. Actually I'm allowing Ztarlight to be a robotized human person...I know that seems unfair but I forgot to mention no humans so it's a mistake on my behalf.

*~*

Well, it appears that we have the whole city to wander around in. The street before us was the only one visible. We couldn't even see if there were any intersections ahead of us. It was crowded with shops, apartments, motels, restaurants...you name it. A metro jungle it was. Although it lacked the people that thrived in it and cars were toppled everywhere. Not one person was in sight. It was...morning? It was night just an hour ago. This is such a strange place.

"At least there's no enemies around." I said with an additional sigh. Those GUN fools must've worked for decades to think of creating their pathetic machines. Wait, GUN can't even think on their own! Sega is the one that's always behind everything! They made GUN a stupid government organization that reproduces robots, which couldn't last in a fight for 15 seconds, at the most. I was seriously beginning to doubt if it was really necessary to run away from them! What was the worst thing they could do? Okay, they might shoot us with their little pistols and bullets, despite their size, could cause us serious damage.

Fine, fine! We'll keep going forwards! And- OUCH!

"ACCCCK! OUCH!" I hollered. I startled my comrades and looked me over with concerned faces.

"What, what?" C-4 asked.

"Are you hurt?" Nokame asked afterwards. He hopped on my right foot that didn't suddenly hurt like left did. What was sharp enough to penetrate the thick layer of my shoe's underside?

I glanced at what I stepped on. I was truly amazed to find...

"A CHAOS EMERALD!" I shouted. It was the yellow one and sat there on the pavement upside down on it's flat top and the sharp point at it's bottom was pointing up rather than down. It seemed like an extremely large tack, which only someone blind or deep in thought, like me, would manage to step on.

I held my left knee and bounced in several places with my right foot.

"OW! OW! OWWWWW!" I yelled. I looked at my right shoe's underside. It was okay, but a little scratch was left. At least it didn't make a hole!

"Ouch, that had to hurt. Hey! Where'd this Chaos Emerald come from?" C-4 asked me as he lifted the emerald into his on hand and gave it to me.

"Isn't that the fake chaos emerald that Tails was going to trick Eggman into giving, but was proven to be the fake one anyway?" Nokame asked.

Enormous power lurked inside the Chaos Emerald. It was thriving to go inside me and form a new tail! I could feel it deep within it! A shiver crawled up my spine and freaked me out. I threw it at Nokame, who caught it, and trembled, using C-4's arm as a stress toy.

"Hey, you're grabbing my arm a little too TIGHT! Can you PLEASE let go?" He asked. And I did. I shook my head violently after which.

"That's definitely not the fake emerald! I felt it! It was the real one! I was tempted to make my own tail for some reason...Must be a kitsune thing." I said. Odd that nothing like that ever happened to Tails before.

"Not good, this is not good." Nokame murmured loudly.

"Why?" C-4 asked.

"Sonic is going to die! This is terrible!" Nokame exclaimed pretty loudly.

"Now you lost me. What does this chaos emerald have to do with anything?" I questioned him.

"Well, in the video game, Sonic has both the fake and real yellow chaos emerald with him!" He told us.

"Yeah, what about it?" C-4 asked.

"If we go even further along the story, he's going to be caught in a capsule and Eggman will trick Tails into asking him how he knew about the fake emerald. Then the capsule will be launched in the earth's atmosphere..." He began.

"Oh no! He won't be able to Chaos Control himself out of there!" I yelled.

"Exactly." He finished.

"Well, then let's just give him it and all will be well with the world!" C-4 told him.

"But it might change the future..." Nokame mumbled.

"This is a VIDEO GAME! It's not like we're going destroy the future for every single person on earth! As long as we just keep everything going the way they're supposed to then things are bound to be okay!" C-4 assured us.

"I guess. We can't take any risks. Who knows what might happen if we don't save Sonic. His death might not really matter. Or it might make a huge difference. We don't know for sure. But we're going to save him anyway." Nokame said.

It was like we were being sent on one of those bizarre missions that these freaky secret agents were assigned to with all these strange gizmos that were disguised as normal everyday things.

"So how are we going to make to Eggman's pyramid base before the shuttle launches to the Ark?" I asked.

"Hm...if only I knew the answer to that." Nokame said softly. Then something came into view. I guess my heightened eyesight allowed me to see...Two figures were dueling not too far. Or maybe it was my eyesight. They were exchanging bullets but it seemed that they'd always missed each other. I couldn't tell if they were huge or just close by. They were causing much property damage during their battle.

"Hey, who are those guys approaching us?" I asked. My answer came not too long later.

Two agile fighting machines made themselves closer towards us. I could finally depict what they looked like now!

They were almost identical and would've been, if they didn't a couple of attributes that kept them apart.

They were both shaped like a wide teardrop with feet and arms. A glass compartment window went down to half of both their `face's. Yet one of them was a bright hue of blue while the other was pitch black. Droopy eyes could be seen on the blue one. But a malicious smile was all that adorned the black one. Floating above the blue one's head was a yellow floating ball and atop of the black one was a spiky ball of steel. Yellow seemed to end at the blue walker's arms and legs while pink replaced yellow for the black walker. Also, widely spanned devil wings were attached to the back of the black walker and small, frail pink ones were attached to the blue walker.

They were the Chao Walker and the Dark Chao Walker!

"Hey, it's those Chao walkers! But who's piloting them?" Nokame asked.

Your average dark chao was piloting the Dark Chao Walker of course. But what struck me by surprise was that there wasn't a neutral chao piloting the ordinary Chao Walker! Instead, I saw a cat with a coat of red fur maneuvering it! He had a cap twisted around backwards with a few strands of fur sticking out. White gloves tapping on the many buttons and he pulled a lever.

Out of the Chao Walker's main gun came homing...utensils? They proved to be quite effective against the Dark Chao Walker's armor.

"Are you mocking me, Chappy? What's with all of this ridiculous artillery? I know my rival better than that!" The high-pitched voice of the Dark Chao snapped over an intercom. A few forks and knives penetrated his Dark Chao Walker though. Some of them were deflected off his Walker. Then he leaped high into the air and fired several homing missiles at the feline. The Chao Walker high jumped as well while shooting them all down.

The Dark Chao Walker crashed down on the street, as did the Chao Walker afterwards.

"First of all, I ran out of those homing missiles so I decided to use the next best thing! Second, I am NOT Chappy! I can't tell you my real name but for the time being I will be known as KIT_KAT!" The cat hollered. And out shot forth the Chao Walker's `Zap Lazer' attack!

Then he was nothing left but a Walker covered with smithereens and brittle clouded in dust.

They gaped at the Chao Walker as it walked towards them. Then once he came within a foot's worth of distance, he came to a stop. Then the window compartment window popped up and he leaped onto the ground beside the Chao Walker.

He wore white sneakers for once instead of Soap shoes. He also wore a pair of faded jeans.

"Hello!" He greeted perkily. I grinned and gathered my voice. Another long explanation heading our way.

"Let me guess...You were merrily surfing the Internet and got sucked into your computer as a result of entering a forum "The newest and coolest Sonic RPG" AND turned into a STH fan character you created in your mind? Well let us introduce ourselves. My name's Kim but under these circumstances you can call me Bell. Formerly known as KawaiiKaren from ff.net. Also, C-4 here is an author on ff.net who's pen name is, well, C-4! Also, you can't forget our turtle friend, John Ziadi! But at the moment his name is Nokameko! But we prefer to call him Nokame, since he insisted on us calling him that. So, after overhearing your battle with that little chao, your name is Kit_Kat?" I asked. God, what a mouth full!

He smirked at me and nodded.

"Wow! Aren't you a fast talker?" He asked.

"Say where did you fall over when you first entered this Sega Sonic STH world?" Nokame asked urgently.

"Oh well, I fell in the desert area place. You know where all those ruins are over the quick sand? The place where both Eggman and Tails had to go through to get to the Pyramid base?" He asked. We nodded in response.

"Well I just came from there!" He told me. Yes! I was so happy for some reason! So relieved! I couldn't help but hug him!

"Hey, hey! What's with the hug?" He asked me.

"You see this?" Nokame asked holding up the Yellow Chaos Emerald.

"Hey! What's that doing here?" Kit_Kat asked groping the emerald himself. I let go of him to give him a moment to take a glance at it.

"Well it's the real thing. And Sonic doesn't have it!" I said.

"And he's a goner if we don't get it to him in time! He needs it to Chaos Control himself out of there!" C-4 explained.

"So that's why you hugged me once you knew that I knew where his base was! Well it's not that hard to find!" He told us.

"So you'll take us to it?" I asked him.

"Well of course I will! I mean, who would skip the chance to save Sonic T. Hedgehog? I wouldn't!" Kit_Kat told us.

"But it'd be faster if you could all ride Chao Walkers like mine. I only have room for about 2 more people!" He said.

"How much difference would it make if we just ran there?" Nokame asked. Kit_Kat chuckled loudly.

"Even Sonic's legs would be aching! Trust me, these walker things might not look fast but get you through many varieties of terrain. I mean, sure you can run through forests all you want, but being able to glide across for down across to anything is quite an advantage. Also these things can jump high, shoot homing, er, utensils, and protect you at the same time! Getting through swarms of enemies is a breeze! You just keep hold of the button on this lever and let go, once you target the enemies you wanted to hit. Its as simple as the controls for piloting them with the Gamecube." He told us.

"So great where are we-"C-4 started.

"ACCCCK! LET GO OF ME YOU FUCKING RETARDED GHOST THING!" A shriek from not too far hollered.

"Sounds like there were more GUN robots than we thought!" Nokame stated.

"Really? Well they can get a sample of my ALMIGHT FRYING PAN!" He said snatching out a non-stick frying pan! I felt a familiar large drop of sweat crawling down my scalp again! SWEATDROP!

"Well...I see you came well prepared." I commented. Then we became serious, and ran closer towards where we heard several frustrated screams.

Then we saw what we expected. The robots were aiming their guns at a hedgehog with violet colored quills, a flat brimmed Texan hat with red and green stripes streaming over the hat's strap, and a poncho, but not that yellow waterproof one with Mickey Mouse on it, that had a Mexican feel to it. He wore a black sheath across his back but was empty since the hedgehog was holding his sword. But he wasn't able to use it on account of pestering Ghost holding him back.

"I see you could use some help there!" Kit_Kat said.

"Kit, these guys are very annoying and it usually takes us a couple of minutes to-" C-4 said. But Kit-Kat already threw his pan like a boomerang. And one by one, in a matter of seconds, the pan's handle slashed through them and then returned into Kit's hand.

"Heh, very resourceful!" I said scratching the back of my head.

The ghost quivered with fear, let the hedgehog go and scrambled away through a wall.

"You were lucky we came along!" I said.

He got up straight and nodded.

"I guess..." He said. A silence grew between them all.

"A `thank you' isn't much to ask for, is it?" Kit asked.

"No, not at all. My name is Rahn the Hedgehog. If you don't mind, I won't tell you my real name." He said. His voice was sort of quiet and he appeared to be a confined kind of guy. Then he wander over to two green, one yellow and a purple chaos drives and picked them up.

"Wow, really creative character you came up with." I said taking a different approach to this whole explanation thing.

He gave me an intrigued stare.

"You mean you're all people like me who've been sucked into their computers?" He asked.

"Yup, I just found out myself too. Only like a minute ago. " Kit said putting his pan back from whence it came.

"Listen, Sonic is going to DIE pretty soon and we need a way to get to his Pyramid Base if we're planning on saving him!" C-4 reminded Kit and told Rahn for the first time.

"He is? Why?" Rahn said. Nokame flashed the yellow chaos emerald in his face.

"Sonic is going to be launched into space without this real Chaos Emerald! He can't Chaos Control himself from burning in the Earth's atmosphere! And we don't have a fast way to travel to Eggman's base!" Nokame informed him.

"Ahhh, that's why. But the only thing I have to offer you guys are chaos drives...Not much of a help, am I?" Rahn said pulling out his stash of chaos drives.

"Wait! I've got a perfect solution! Let's get back to the Chao Walkers!"

*~* Back to where the Chao walkers were... *~*

They stood in front of the somewhat damaged Dark Chao Walker and inside laid a unconscious dark chao with `X's in his eyes.

"I'm sure this guy won't mind us borrowing his Dark Chao Walker!" Kit said managing to lift the compact window and throw him out.

"But how will we be able to get that thing to work? You banged it up pretty bad. I don't see why it would be better to ride that thing than just normal running anyway." Rahn said. Then the idea struck Nokame!

"I know what Kit means! We, as in Bell, C-4 and I, have fought many of these robots and have gotten 10 chaos drives each! And it seems you have 10 in your pile too Rahn. If we all pitch in our chaos drives and feed them to the Dark Chao Walker, then it'll be up and running in no time!" Nokame said.

"Say Kit, do you have any chaos drives?" C-4 asked. Kit nodded. He handed over 10 of his own!

"Hey, there were a lot of enemies before I met you people and this chao guy! I just stumbled upon this Chao Walker around in the desert and ran off with it! I'm sure I needed it more than that normal little chao dude did!" Kit told us.

"But how do we refuel the Dark Chao Walker? I don't see and any gas tank covers or anything!" Nokame said after completing his inspection of the Dark Chao Walker.

"Maybe you just need to poke a chaos drive at it and it will just absorb it or something. Let me try!" C-4 said grabbing it and poking the Walker just as he said. And sure enough, it illuminated and the chaos drive was gone in an instant!

"Okay, let's make sure the walker is well `fed'." I said. So we touch it with many chaos drives at a time, 50 chaos drives in all. Then once I gave it the final chaos drive it was more than well enough to go to the Pyramid base.

"So it's agreed! Kit, C-4, and I are going is this Normal Chao Walker and Nokame will take the Dark Chao Walker!" I directed.

"But wait! How come I have to be the one that maneuvers the Dark Chao Walker with only Rahn and you guys get to go in the Normal Chao Walker?" Nokame asked.

"Don't worry Nokame! We're going to go there together, and Kit needs the lead the way! Besides I don't think either you or Bell here could pilot that thing! Your character seems to make you very clever and optimistic! You'd probably be the quickest to pick up at learning to control the Dark Chao Walker than any of us!" C-4 said and Nokame understood.

"Wait. I'll come with Nokameko." Rahn spoke up.

"You're coming?" I asked.

"I don't want to stay around here. Those stupid robots almost killed me and there's probably more of them, and ghosts, lurking around here." He said.

"See! Now you won't be so lonely Nokame!" I said to him with warm smile.

*~* Pyramid Base; On top of cliff *~*

"Well there is where I fell!" Kit said on the intercom so that everyone was able to hear her.

"But if we glide over from here on to a part of the base..." Kit said as she and Nokame glided below to a spot on top of the Pyramid where a block of stone within a square shaped hole.

"Well there you have it! I found us a way to get in!" Kit said.

"Finally!" Nokame said. He then stomped on the block many times until it sunk and fell onto the ground.

Then we fell effortlessly down into the room, landing right on top of it.

It was a circular room with a huge, wide pillar in the center.

"Is it me or is this room a little...familiar?" Nokame asked.

"Well let's get out of these slow, sluggish things and see for ourselves!" Rhan's voice said.

And so we did. We hopped out of the Chao Walkers and the `window' above us got clogged back up with another block. If it weren't for the torches on the walls, it'd be pitch black in here.

"BRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAA!"

"What the hell was THAT?" C-4 asked.

"That's it. Let's get back in the Chao Walkers and-" Nokame asked but was hushed by the huge open jaws of KING BOOM BOO!

"ACK!" I yelled. The Chao Walkers were BEHIND HIM! And it took a while for the engines to warm up so we couldn't possibly turn on the Chao walkers without killing ourselves! This was not a good day!

"God damn it! RUNNNNNN!" I yelled further. And that we definitely did!

*~* CLIFF HANGER *~*

Since Kit_Kat doesn't where a shirt, I guess that means that it's a guy! Usually girls where shirts or dresses so they could be modest and stuff. Ztar, don't worry! You'll appear in the next chapter!