Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ A World Without Chaos ❯ In Motion ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A World Without Chaos
-In Motion-
 
 
As precious moments continued to falter through time, the perilous advances that Chaos had unwillingly set to pass, had remained unknown of by those that created it.
Hail, sleet and various forms of snow pelted the streets and roof of the club. Yet, as their festivities calmed, none of them paid the sudden change in weather any mind. None of them realized an unbalanced disruption.
Except for one.
 
While the others were chatting in the kitchen to prepare to take their leave, Knuckles was the only one to remain in the Living Room.
After many rounds of feasting and playing party games, he had quickly lost interest and decided to take a nap.
Shadow was another who did not participate but Knuckles have a care for what that malcontent hedgehog was upto.
 
But his rest from boredom was abruptly lifted as a resonating pain in his feet clamored upto his head.
Alert violet eyes shot open and quickly closed from the pain.
Growling, the echidna grabbed his head and forced an eye open.
 
And the very moment he could gather himself, a flood of another's thoughts and pains rushed through him.
He recognized the faint consciousness as Tikal, but he could not understand her pleading cries.
Entities of the formless also made themselves known to him—their previous containers broken.
“T...the Chaos Emeralds...? And the Master Emerald...?!”
“What is going on in--” Rouge's urgent tone wavered into the room with her body following after.
But at the sight of her acquaintance behaving in such a hurtful manner forced her to drop all insensitivities and rush to his side.
“Knuckles, what's the matter?!” she exclaimed, kneeling beside him.
“My head!” he groused, clutching his dreads. “Something...something happened with the emeralds!”
“The what?!” Rouge repeated in awe.
She couldn't even begin to understand what he was talking about. What did his pain have to do with them?
“Knuckles! Rouge!”
The two instantly looked up intently at the one who called them.
Sonic stood grimly in the doorway to the Living Room. Confusion and distraught marked his usual light-hearted features.
“It's Cream...” he continued in short vague breaths.
“Cheese just disappeared...”
Shock could not even begin to describe their visual responses.
Within scrambling seconds, the three of them rejoined the rest of their comrades in the kitchen.
Tails lay on his knees with his cell phone resting half-heartedly across his hand on the floor.
His arms were limp and his head was lowered.
Amy was right next to him attempting to console him, as well as the frantic shrill voice on the other end of the phone.
“CHEESE IS GONE!!” Cream's small voice painfully wailed. “CHEESE!! CHEESE!!!”
A deep voice arose behind hers.
It was recognized to be Vector's.
“Cream, calm down...” he attempted to calm her down but his efforts were foolish and futile.
The little rabbit was too far broken to acquire the will to perform such an action.
Other voices could be heard.
“Everything is starting to freeze!” the urgent tone of Espio claimed. “If this continues, the whole planet may turn to ice!”
“ Don't say things like that, Espio! We've gotta evacuate the folk around here!” Vector spoke up.
“But it's freezing outside!” Charmy whined.
“I want to help you, Mister Vector!” Cream valiantly stated, but a worried scold from her mother stopped her.
But the Chaotix had soon made their decision and had already set out to put it into motion.
 
On the other end of the line, all was silent.
And none of them knew why, but a sudden blanket of guilt began to smoother their judgment.
But there was no longer any room for empathetic exchange.
Action needed to be put forth.
“I'm going to check on Cream and her mother.” Sonic stated. No one believed such seriousness could be obtained by him. “Once they're okay, I'll help the Chaotix evacuate the city.”
Amy almost immediately stood to her feet, helping the downtrodden fox up with her.
“I'm coming with you.” she proclaimed, almost demanded.
Tails sadly agreed. “Then, I'll stay with Cream...”
“I'm going to the Master Emerald.” Knuckles spoke up and decided without hesitation.
“And I'll stay behind to fight the monster that's done this...”
All eyes fleeted to Shadow's darkened form in the doorway.
Relief showered throughout Rouge as she sought him. Without thought, she jogged to his side. “So will I.”
Knuckles said nothing as he ran past them and Amy and Tails followed suit.
Sonic began to, but looked back towards the two of them.
Soft viridian searched through clouded aquamarine and arid crimson.
But Sonic knew their minds were already made up and their time was being wasted. No point in arguing.
“Suit yourselves. You two do what you think is best...” Sonic lowly left his words with them before he ran out of the room.
Alone in the presence of the own thoughts and breathing, Shadow and Rouge exchanged looks, then agreements.
“I think you're wasting your time coming with me, but you do what you want. And do not get in my way...” Shadow scoffed and separated himself from her presence.
Silent turquoise glistened while watching him go. A frigid shiver accompanied their emotion but was feverishly ignored as she capered after him.
 
To Be Continued...