Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Alliance for Ages ❯ First Contact ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters in this fic (No doy). I'm just putting this on because everyone else does. Oh, and to avoid any legal run-ins with Capcom and Sega's lawyers. Well, Enjoy!

Setting: Earth, Shortly after MMX3 and SA2

Chapter 1

First Contact

He squinted into the bright sunlight; it's rays glinting off his bright blue armor. Megaman X had no idea how he had reached this place, but he knew it was nothing like the cloud-and-smog covered cities of his world. There didn't appear to be any reploids here, only innocent animals running freely. Is this a dream? He thought. No. It's more than that, isn't it? It's not real, but it is significant.

You're right, X. He turned quickly to see his host. He really couldn't tell who or what it was. It stood on two legs, but was anything but human. He was blue as well, but looked to be covered with fur and spikes. But the things that stood out most were his eyes. They had a familiar flame in them. It was the flame of a warrior. X could tell he was powerful and had been a warrior against the same enemy as himself. Evil. Incredible power was hidden behind those eyes. X, I have brought you here because I need your help. I haven't the power to defeat the enemies who recently came here. I know we are at different locations, but I can sense your incredible power. You will know where to go. Please, I need your help X. PLEASE!!!!!

The image of the creature shattered as his last scream for help reverberated in Megaman's ears and he finally awoke, sitting straight up in his bed. His soul was suddenly filled with an unfathomable pity for the poor creature. Then, just as suddenly as the thought dissipated, his cybernetic brain was flooded with data. X let out a terrible cry that woke everyone in the rest chamber. Then, the stream of information shrunk to six characters; 22N, 68W. Coordinates! X thought. That's where I must go. After settling the rest of the maverick hunters down and getting them all back to sleep, X began to prepare for his departure.

You will know where to go. Please, I need your help X. PLEASE!!!!! Sonic collapsed with the effort of holding the telepathic dream link and he could feel it fail and Megaman's image disappear as he let the Chaos emerald fall from his grasp. I only hope he finds us now. Tails rushed to his side, concerned. "Sonic! Did you talk to him? Does he know we need his help?"

"Yes," Sonic answered. "I can only pray he will come. Otherwise…"

"Don't think about that, Sonic. He will come, and he will save us. It was his enemy who is defeating us, time and again. He can help us win."

Sonic nodded, still unsure.

. . .

"Going away again, X?"

"Yes, Zero. I have to," X replied, turning to face his friend, a grim look on his face. "Another freedom enforcer is in trouble, and we need all the help we can get in keeping the Earth safe. Besides," X added with a small grin, "Sigma hasn't shown his face in a while. Not around here, anyway, so I figure my talents are best served somewhere else."

"Well, X, you knew I would say this, but I have to go with you. If you were destroyed I could never live it down."

"Whatever. If you want to die too, then let's go."