Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Alliance for Ages ❯ The Powers Gather ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16

The Powers Gather

Sonic had returned first, carrying Shadow quickly to the Med Ward to be treated. He left the ward and went to watch for the others. Tails arrived in his new fighter craft, carrying a large shield strapped to his back. Sonic went to greet him and they returned to the Control Tower to keep watch. Tails was underneath the Consoles, tweaking some bugs in the system when Knuckles returned, wearing long, curved claws. He came inside, and told Sonic he had seen Zero heading to the South while he was heading back.

X returned about another hour later, a bracer attached to his buster. He went to the roof and sat there, watching the sky change from blue to red, and finally black. It was not until the next day that Zero returned with a design of a crown wrapped around his helmet. It was then that Shadow awoke.

He stood quickly, cringing at the pain in his leg. His eyes ablaze with destiny-induced determination, he threw himself down the halls and into the main chamber where the others were greeting Zero. With the words of the Messenger, he shouted, "The time has come! All is prepared for the coming of the Seven! Now, Mortals. You are the Destined warriors of Light! In the coming battle, You must defeat the great Evil that embodies the Seventh Essence. Arise, Spirits! Join with your hosts and take up Arms once again!"

As Shadow finished his speech, they all were levitated into the air. Then, the Six good spirits melded with their hosts. Sonic was first. His sword unsheathed itself, hovering before him. It began to spin, as if it was transforming. It reached its maximum speed and the spirit of the Phoenix came out from it, forcing itself into Sonics body. He cried out and flames erupted from him, taking the form of great wings. Sonic once again grasped the weapon and placed it in its sheath. He fell back to the floor, amazed at this new power.

Knuckles was next. His claws began glowing red with power and it started spreading up his arms. It penetrated his skin and burned through it, causing Knuckles to scream in pain. The burns showed up now as red tattoos, each in the shape of a serpent, ending in the claw as its head. At the same time, a long hood grew from the back of his head. It also looked like a snake, the top fangs over his eyes and the lower forming a chinstrap, the tail ending when it touched the floor. He too fell back to the floor, feeling the amazing power swell through him.

Shadow's transformation occurred next. His axe did the same as Sonics sword and the spirit of the Dragon flooded through him. The defined edge of his body shifted and melted, becoming a blur. He was nearly invisible, especially when silhouetted in front of a dark background, as he was now. He fell to the floor, and stood with his eyes closed drawing in the extensive power he now possessed.

Tails' shield now began to glow, a bubble of energy expanding outward to engulf him. That seemed to be it, nothing more really happened. "What a rip off," Tails said, disappointed with his display. "I always get stuck with the dumbest stuff. What use do I have for a shield, anyway?"

Zero's power manifested next. The design on his helmet swelled and became the crown once again, attached at the base and glowed golden. Then, two bumps appeared in his back plate and grew rampantly outward, breaking through the metal and unfolding. They were great brown and white falcon wings. After that, Zero's beam saber unbuckled itself from his waist and rose before him. It extended, the glowing blade hissing softly, and began to transform as well. The shaft began to solidify and became metal; the edges sharper than the beam had been hot. He took it in his hand and fell back to the floor. Now Zero was the Falcon King.

X was last, his bracer glowing with white light. He looked down at it to watch it meld into his arm. Then, his whole armor glowed white hot with energy, causing X to yell. He must have passed out for several seconds, because he saw in front of him a woman with flowing garments and pale glowing skin looking at him. She seemed to float to his side and kiss him, whispering to him. "X," she said. "You were called here for a very good reason. Your courage is all that will save these poor people here from total annihilation. Please use my power for their good. The Angel then backed away and then threw herself toward him, melding her power with his own. He came to just in time to hit the floor and notice that his armor was cool again, but it still glowed with the same mysterious energy.

. . .

Sigma's attention was drawn away from the work of his men when he saw the giant crystal begin to glow with its own energy. He pondered for a moment, then realized. The spirits are being drawn out! he thought. The energy built quickly and suddenly surged through the computers, frying out just about every system linked to it, including most of his working robots. He then could feel the power enter his own awareness, bringing his personal energies to the maximum. He imagined himself as a giant, towering over the world and taking it all as his own. It was then that the base transformed with the influence of the crystal. In compliance to his wishes, all the equipment and buildings of his sprawling base came together, reforming to become an exact replica of his Residual Image, the body Sigma had always had before. He shifted his viewpoints to the main door cameras, which had ended up in the head, where his eyes would have been. He Lifted one great hand and looked at it. He was whole again, but this time, he had ultimate power. Now you will be destroyed, Megaman X. You and all your friends, too. It looks like you need some incentive to come out, though. He looked to the east and saw a large city. "That'll do," he said softly.