Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Battle for Mobius ❯ The Snake inside the Mongoose ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: The Snake in the Mongoose
 
Note: Just to let you know after this chapter I may not update for a few weeks. I'm going away to a place where computers are the decendants of floor model TV's (my grandma's).
 
 
As instructed, Sonic led Knuckles and me to Eggman's Fortress, which was guarded by several robots that we easily took out. Well, that Sonic and Knuckles easily took out. I mostly played defense against them. When the area was cleared, Sonic took us into the fortress and just as predicted by Tails we were ambushed.
 
"Sonic!!!" I cried as we split up.
 
"Amy, hold your ground for a little while and I'll come for you!"
 
Those words calmed me down enough to allow the robots to take me. I couldn't see anything, not even my own hand in front of my face. The only sense that seemed to work as smell. Air had the scent of motor oil and it made my nose bleed. It was revloting.
 
"Sick...gonna...throw up..." I mumbled under my breath.
 
The robots stopped. That foul odor dissolved. I blinked a few times.
 
"What? Did I say the magic words?" I wondered.
 
"No, stupid. I commanded them to cease movement." said an unknown voice.
 
The clunkheads put me down and I straightened my dress up. The word 'stupid' did not leave my mind.
 
"Who's there?" I demanded.
 
"You sure you want to know? Fine then. It's the girl who's the number 1 champ of Snake Wrestling. The purple-haired beauty that puts you to shame in so many ways. The so-called ally that brought you closer to destroying Eggman. Sonic's one true love, Mina Mongoose."
 
I'd only caught the last thing she said: 'Sonic's one true love.'
 
"Um, excuse me but I thought I just heard you say that you were Sonic's one true love, yes?"
 
"Yes Amy Rose, and the reason I've captured you is so you won't get in the way of my plan."
 
"What plan?"
 
"Ha! Like you don't know. Eggman knew I held a grudge against you so he hired me to get rid of you and distract Sonic. He was mine long before you came into the picture."
 
I instantly found this snake-killing hussie dispicable. Not only was she in league with Eggman, but she was tring to steal Sonic from me! This wouldn't go down without a fight. My Piko Piko Hammer was ready to crack her skull wide open.
 
"Your not getting anywhere near Sonic and Eggman is not going to take over Mobius! Not while I'm still breathing!"
 
She turned her back away from me. "Then do us all a favor...and die!!!"
 
Her foot came out of nowhere and whacked my face. She was almost as quick as Sonic! Not wanting to show weakness, I flung my hammer to and fro, but missed each time. This made me feel exactly as she assumed. Mina wouldn't let up and her feet did not stop moving. When she slowed down a bit I counter attacked and made a perfect hit into her side.
 
"Aaaaah!" she screamed while sliding against a steel wall.
 
Her recovery was unreal. Almost as soon as she hit the wall she rolled over and got up again. From the way she haunched over though I could tell she took some serious damage, and like the coward she was she got help.
 
"Robot warriors! Take her now!" she commanded.
 
Before I could react they overpowered me and straped me to a metal column in from of a window. Mina wiped her mouth and walked next to me. I tried hard to break free and go completely nuts on her, but the bindings were too strong.
 
"Take a good look out this window, Rose. What do you see?"
 
While squinting at the window I saw something flash about all over the place. It was hard to make out, but when it froze the image became clear.
 
"Sonic!!!" I cried with joy.
 
"Yes, and he's coming for you unfortunately. The thing is, he's not going to find you because the only access to this room is hidden from the common fool."
 
"Sonic is no common fool. You of all Mobians should know what he's capable of!"
 
"Oh, I do. I know about his origins, his passions and even how he truly feels about women like us. Tell me Amy, how much do you know about Sonic other than he's a super fast hero?"
 
"Hey that's easy! His favorite food is-"
 
"Chilly dogs with extra cheese, and he loves music and anything that's fast. You see, everything you know is trivial to me and that's why you can never have him."
 
I couldn't lie to myself. Those were the only things I knew about him and no matter how much I wanted to that's all I would ever understand. Yet that did not stop me from loving him, and that kiss...It had to have meant something...
 
"Well, social hour is over and I'm in the mood for an episode. I'm going down there to claim what's rightfully mine...and your going to watch the whole thing from the front row seat!"
 
That manical laughter of hers proved how evil she was. There was no way in a million years that I would watch this horror show. Yet the more I struggled the tighter the robots would hold me down and as I fought them a small, kind of cute robot pressed a button. The window opened quietly and slid upwards, so now I could hear everything that went on below me.
 
It was her voice I heard first.
 
"Oh, Sonic..." she called out to him.
 
I saw that brilliant blue head of his turn towards Mina. There was a smile on his face. Anger welled up inside me.
 
"Hi, Mina!" he greeted her jubulantly. "Have you seen Amy around here?"
 
The mention of my name showed that he did care about me. As I opened my mouth to speak, that same robot that opened the window taped my mouth shut. I couldn't even move it.
 
"Sadly no one's found her yet. I'm sure she'll turn up soon though. So what do you think of her?"
 
Mina was getting too close to Sonic. Even when my mouth was taped, I kept going on and on in hopes that my voice would reach his ears. It never did.
 
"What do you mean? She's my friend...." he averted his eyes.
 
"Is that all she is to you? A friend? And here I was thinking you two were lovers or something..."
 
"LOVERS?! Don't get so nasty on me, Mina! She means well in all but..."
 
"Buuuut..." Mina was practically prying at Sonic's head.
 
"She's really annoying. I can't tell you how many times I've had to save her in one day. She lugs around that huge mallet like she can do something with it and she still gets caught! Lately I haven't been able to do what I want...like maybe dispose of Eggman. Amy's a nice girl, don't get me wrong...but I could never feel that way about her."
 
My heart split into multiple pieces. I felt like my stomach was ready to do a backflip 6 times. No pain in the universe could top this. A flood of eye fluid came crashing out of me. I lost Sonic....no...I never had him in the first place. And if that wasn't bad enough...
 
"Now you Mina, you can hold your own against anything. I mean wrestling snakes for a living is the definition of independence. And that's why I perfer you to any girl on Mobius no matter what the species."
 
"As do I with you, Sonic." she grabbed his face.
 
For just a second I could have sworn I felt vomit in the making. Even after that day he saved my life and I rewarded him for it, he never loved me. His lips were attached to that purple slut! That witch, that tramp...that...that...
 
Nothing made sense to me anymore. Mina won Sonic, and if things continued in this manner Eggman would conquer Mobius! One loss was heavy, but two would have been devestating. If this was how things would be then fine.
 
Still...my heart must've shed blood 3 times as much as the norm...
 
A/N: Yes, it's true. Sonic never loved Amy. That kiss in the first chapter though, that'll be explained soon enough. Yet now that Sonic's been distracted, it'll be up to Amy to complete the task at hand. The Battle for Mobius continues when Amy begins the search for Knuckles and finds something more...