Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Battle for Mobius ❯ Insert More Chaos ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: To Dark Silver Night Mare all I can say is this…keep reading! Who's to know what'll happen in this Love Triangle I've created! Though right now it's now looking too good for Sonic, so you can enjoy that much! ^-^.
 
Chapter 5: Insert more Chaos…
 
In a distant area apart from the fortress it was a tower were you could see all the stars of the universe. Shadow said to me that it reminded him of the place were he was born back on Earth and how it showed the same symbolism there as it does here. When I was with Sonic nothing was ever simple or precious…to him there was good and evil and it was always based on what his likes and dislikes were. Now that I'm with Shadow atop this tower gazing at the sky all that seemed like a bad dream. For the first time in years, I was truly happy.
 
He sighed peacefully. “I remember when Maria and I used to be up here like this. We'd sit here for hours trying to find constellations or even planets…she always won in the end!”
 
I paused, thinking if what I was going to say would be right. “What…happened to her?”
 
He was deafly silent with a serious expression. I cringed, awaiting a yell or something frightening, but he merely inhaled deeply.
 
“An illness is what the professor said put her down though he never said exactly what it was. It doesn't matter anyway, for I had my time with her.”
 
I was relieved he'd dealt with such a situation so calmly, and he's younger than…no, no, no. I will not think about him anymore otherwise I'll become nothing.
 
“I enjoy being here with you Shadow, but I feel it's our duty to get the others to believe in what we see. They'll just keep fighting if we don't.” I said in a reminder.
 
“Very well then. If we hurry we can convince the other Freedom Fighters before Eggman realizes the machine doesn't work…which might be a while.”
 
There was uproar of an explosion that nearly blew us both away inside the fortress, coming from the outer side.
 
“Sigh…Knuckles. He's stubborn to the very end…” I moaned.
 
 
Since Shadow controlled the metal freaks getting back inside the building wasn't an issue. It was once we caught up with Knuckles and Rouge that things started to get very strange. Brace yourselves…
 
“Stay away you vile wench! You won't get the Chaos Emeralds from me!” hollered Knuckles.
 
The bat girl wasn't far behind him and not to mention completely nude! I had to put imaginary censor bars on her just to maintain my sanity. Shadow wasn't enjoying the show either.
 
“Come on baby! Just this one time can we act like we've got something going on? How bout a freebie on the cheek?”
 
She was barely centimeters away from grabbing him. “Hell no! No matter what you do you'll never tempt me so kiss my ass!”
 
He tripped over himself and fell down allowing Rouge to pounce on his back. “Oh, I'll do more than just kiss it you scrumptious Knucklehead! I'll…eh...huh?”
 
Only then had she realized that Shadow and I had been unfortunate witnesses to her so-called skills. She flushed such a bright crimson I couldn't tell whether she was infuriated or embarrassed.
 
“Uh…Sh-shadow…I thought you and the girl were going to…WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HERE!?” her voice quickly elevated.
 
“Agh! My beautiful garnet eyes,” Shadow moaned while covering them, “Amy could you please tell her and ask her why?”
 
“Grrr…well…” the bat snarled.
 
“We came here to declare a truce between the Freedom Fighters and Eggman's forces. Shadow told me everything.”
 
Knuckles bucked wildly and Rouge instantly flew off. “There's no way I'm buying into this crap! Next thing you'll tell me is that you don't like Sonic anymore and now you're going out with Shadow!”
 
“Well…” I blushed.
 
“You know Sonic will never believe it. He's got too big of a grudge against Eggman.”
 
“But,” interrupted Shadow, “he can still do what he wants with Eggman. Our plan was to get rid of the fool from the start but there are a few twists to it. You and Rouge are to make amends for all the wrongs you've done to one another…in which Rouge has just added one to her list…and Amy and I shall be together forever.”
 
Knuckles gave his famous `whatever' look to Shadow and swiftly snatched up Rouge's clothing and tossed it back at her.
 
“Do me a favor and get dressed…seeing what I saw is more than enough punishment.”
 
Rouge gave a solid wink. “Aw, you know you loved it!”
 
“No I didn't…” said Knuckles sternly.
 
“If that's true then why did your nose bleed when we fought?”
 
Knuckles had apparently not noticed the floor hade a puddle of his nasal fluid on it. A tic mark and scarlet appeared.
 
“YOU HIT ME IN THE FACE !”
 
“Hmmm, was that before or after I took my clothes off I wonder? Why don't you tell us?”
 
“Damn you!” he spat while storming off, “and stay away from my treasure!”
 
He took a glance at me.
 
“Where will you go now Knuckles?” I asked.
 
“Hmph. Seeing as how you coped out on this whole war business there's no reason for me to keep fighting, especially when I have all my Chaos Emeralds with me. And I intend to keep it that way...”
 
Out of the corner of his eye he saw Rouge with clothing this time. She blew a kiss which he `caught'.
 
“Ewwwww…I gotta go…” he hunched over only to turn once more, “if not Sonic then at least worry about Tails. He's the only one of us who isn't losing his mind in some love lust.”
 
I nodded my head and let him be on his way while Rouge, Shadow and I went to retrieve Tails from wherever he was.
 
Note: I wanted to add more to this one but I wanted to leave you with more questions. Like a pop quiz that you have to take or you won't pass my class!
Chapter 6 might come sooner than you think!