Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Feels Like Home ❯ Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: do I look like Yuji Naka?! NO!!! I DON’T OWN ANY OF THESE GUYS,OKAY!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!
Sonic: Jeez...o.O
E.L.FG.: shut up...ON WITH THE STORY!!!

The small kitsune went thought the trash can outside a home of red foxes. As he gorged on there leftovers he looked through the window at the loving family the fox daughter laid asleep by the warm fire as the dad sat in a comfy looking arm chair. Soon the mother walked in picked up and cradled her daughter kissed her gently on the forehead and carried her upstairs to her room. The sight made the young kitsune over come with sadness and envy. He crawled out of the trash can and walked slowly back to his home, which was just a hollowed out tree in the park woods. He wiped his nose with his arm and tried not to cry, to no avail. Luckily on his way home he didn’t run into the kids that would chase him and beat him regularly. When he got to the park he crawled into his house and began to cry himself to sleep.
A royal blue 11-year-old hedgehog named Sonic ran trough the wood in the park to his house. It was raining so he had no choice but to go a little slower than usual- which was still moderately fast- to avoid slipping in the puddles. “Stupid rain.” he muttered. But if it had not been for that cold rainy day in December. If he didn’t have to run so slow to avoid slipping, he would have missed the thing that changed his life...forever.
Sonic was still running when he passed a hollowed out tree that had a something in it that caught his eye. “Huh?” he said to him self ”What was that?” he zipped back to the tree to see someone inside. It was a small, muddy, yellow-orange fox crying and shivering as he held himself. The fox had his back turned to him so he didn’t notice the hedgehog crawl into the tree with him. “Hey” he said gently as he did the fox gasped and turned his head. “Are you alright?” Sonic asked the frowning fox didn’t answer. “What‘s wrong?” he asked. “I-I‘m lonely...and nobody likes me. Though.. I‘ve gotten used to that.” he said finally and turned his whole body around. From the front sonic could see he had a brown furry muzzle and chest hair, sky blue eyes and three thin bangs .“Well, where's your family?” Sonic asked. “I don‘t have one.” the fox replied as tears streamed down his face. Sonic felt sorry for him I can‘t just leave him here he thought hey...maybe. “Hey, do you want to come back with me?” He asked.
The fox looked up at him surprised. “W-What?” he said in disbelief. “With me...to my house.” “Why would you want to do that?” the fox asked. ”’Cause you seem like a nice kid.” the hedgehog said with a warm smile. For a brief moment he seemed like he was going to smile and accept, but his face sank to a deeper frown. “Oh...wait a minute.” he said looking behind him at his tail rested on a strangely shaped pile of leafs. “you should probably see.....why they don‘t like me.” after he said that the pile of leafs suddenly shifted reveling his second tail. At first Sonic was silent. Now he’ll gasp, scream and then run...like all the others the fox thought to himself, staring at the ground mournfully. ”Cool!” the hedgehog said with a grin. The fox gasped and looked up at Sonic again. “You-You think it‘s c-cool?!” the fox said confused. “Yeah completely. I’ll bet if you spin them around fast enough, you could probably fly!” Sonic said strangely excited. “I-I don‘t know about that. But...I‘ve always thought of them a something terrible...like a curse.” the fox said. “No way! They‘re WAY past cool!” He said. “Come on!” Sonic said picking the fox up, and carrying him out of the tree.
“My name’s Sonic The Hedgehog. What‘s yours?” he asked the fox. ”M-Miles Prower.” the fox said. “Alright Miles you’re commin‘ home with me. And I‘ll call ya Tails from now on.” He said with a grin. ”O-Okay. But, I don‘t think it‘ll stick.” And with that Sonic sped off as quick as he could without slipping back to his home.
When Sonic got to his house he put Tails down only to see he was a little shook-up. “Uh...you alright, Tails” he asked. ”Y-Yeah,” Tails stuttered“ But I‘ve never seen anyone go that fast before.” “Heh, yeah, I was born with it.” he said rubbing the back of his head. “Well, this is my house.” he said opening the door. From the front door, Tails could see a fireplace and a cozy looking living room to his left, and an averaged sized kitchen to this right. These were things he had only seen thought open windows. He was about to rush in to get a closer look when Sonic caught him up by his hands lifting his feet up off the ground. He looked up a the hedgehog confused. “Sorry, but I just vacuumed, and I only vacuum once every 3 months.” he said with a chuckle. Miles looked down at his filthy, bare feet. they are pretty muddy. Tails thought. “Let’s go get you cleaned-up.” He said carrying him up the stairs to the bathroom. when he reached the bathroom he put Tails down, went over to the tub, and started the bath. “Well it‘ll take a while for the tub to fill. Is there any thing you about ‘till then?” Sonic asked.
At first Tails didn‘t say anything. “Why...?” He asked finally. “Huh?” Said the hedgehog. “Why are you being so nice to me?” Tails made clear. “I told ya already.” Sonic started “You seem like a nice kid.” He said as he sat on the toilet(with the cover down) with his hands behind his head. ”But we just met,” Tails nearly screamed “and I‘m homeless for all you know I could carry a disease!...And heck, for all I know you could have just took me so you could sell me for blood money.” Tails said looking at he ground sadly. Sonic thought about what he said for a minute and finally said “Hmmm...How old are you any way?” Tails looked up “Four.” Sonic seemed a little surprised. “Four?...Wow you sure do think...uh...what‘s the word” He said scratching his head. ”Complexly.” Tails suggested “Yeah that’s it! You think complexly for your age.” Sonic stated. “When I was your age I didn’t even know what disease meant. Let alone blood money.” “...were you slow or something?” Tails asked. Sonic looked a little insulted by the comment “No. Nobody knew that when they were four.”
At this time the bath tub was filled enough. “Okay, in ya go.” he said and lifted the kitsune up by his waist and lowered it to the tub. Bur almost as soon as he got one toe in he let out a yelp and clung to Sonic’s arm. “IT‘S HOT!!!” he yelled. “Heh, I used to feel the same way when I was a kid.” He said and tried to pull Tails off his arm but he the wrapped his legs and twin tails around his arm. But, he soon was able to yank him off and hold him above the tub by both arms. “Don‘t be afraid. It‘s hot at first but then It feels good.” the fox seemed doubtful “I‘ll put you in slowly, ‘k?” he said to the young fox “A-Alright.” the hedgehog slowly lower him in to the bath. When Tails touched the water he cringed slightly but soon got used to it. The kitsune sighed and said“ It feels really good.” “I told ya so, now close your eyes.” the hedgehog said holding a large wet sponge over the fox’s head.
“Huh?” Before he had time to react Sonic rung out the sponge as the water spilled over Miles’ head, drenching it. Tails yelped again” Hey!” before he could say any more he ran soapy fingers through his fur and scrubbed his scalp. Eventually he got to his muzzle as the mud and dirt out form the fur he noticed something. “Hey, Tails, your muzzle is white!” Tails was silent” Y-Yeah so?” he asked wondering why he said it. “ When I first saw you it was brown.” He stated. “ Oh! Wow...I guess I‘m really dirty.” He said. After his bath Sonic wrapped a towel around him and led him down the stairs to the living room. “Hey don‘t you have any shoes do ya?” Tails shook his head “Huh. Wait here.” he told him he ran up to his room at super speeds. ”...Wow...He‘s really fast.” a moment later he was back downstairs holding a pair of shoes and gloves. “Here you can use these.” Sonic said handing them to Tails. the gloves looked normal except for a thin black ring around them. The shoes were half red and half white “ You can have them, they used to be mine.” the hedgehog said. “Thanks.” Tails said with a small smile on his face and put them on.
“ You can finish drying off on the couch. Is there any thing I can get you while you wait?” Sonic asked. Tails thought for a moment and said“ Well... I have always wanted to try...Chili dogs.” the kitsune said quietly. “ Heh, is that so? Trust me on this your gonna love chili dogs, they‘re my favorite food.” He said walking in to the kitchen. Tails thought over what had happened in the past hour or so. Why is he being so nice?! he thought He says it’s because’ I seem like a nice kid’ but...I mean... that’s not a good enough reason to take some random homeless kid home with you. Is it? Tails simply could not see the reason behind it.
“ Hey, Tails!” said Sonic walking into the room with a plate holding two chili dogs in one and a mug in the other. “ here‘s your chili dog. And I got you a hot chocolate too.” he said and sat them down on the table. “...Sonic...You can‘t expect me to buy that you took me in ‘because I seem like a good kid’ so tell me why did you really take me home?” The fox said wanting the truth. The hedgehog sighed and sat down next to him“ I shoulda know you were to smart for that.” Sonic said“ I took you in because......I guess I’ve always wanted a brother.” he said warmly smiling at him. “A-A brother?” Tails asked surprised.“ Yup, so whaddya say Tails do ya wanna be my little brother!” Sonic said like it was a casual question. Tails wasn’t sure what to say“ A-Alright!” tears streamed from Tails’ face as hugged his new brother and his brother hugged him back. “So this is what it feels like to have family,” The fox said” to love and be loved.” How does it feel Tails?” Sonic asked” It feel great!” He responded with a grin looking up from the hug.
After Tails finished his chili dog and hot chocolate Sonic said “Well, Tails, let’s get to bed ‘k?” Tails simply smiled and nodded. He followed Sonic up the stairs to his room. “I guess you can share my bed with me until I can get you one.” the hedgehog said. “’k” Tails responded. Tails removed his new shoes and gloves and Sonic did the same. Sonic crawled into bed and Tails went in after him. “’Night Tails.” the hedgehog said The fox chuckled and said “’Night.” not to long after Sonic had closed his eyes he noticed Tails had fallen almost immediately to sleep hugging his chest. He smiled and also fell almost immediately to sleep with his new brother.

---

An 8-year-old fox sits up in bed. He looks around and realizes were he is. He has had his own place in the Mystic Ruins for a while. He looks from his bed to the couch were a royal blue hedgehog stirs awake. “ Somethin‘ the matter little bro?” he asks. “ Nah, I just had a dream of when we first met.” the fox says” You remember don’t cha?” the hedgehog chuckles at the comment. “Like it happened yesterday lil’ buddy.” the hedgehog says “Now go back to sleep.” he says rolling over on the couch. The fox chuckles lightly and lays back down and whispers ”...Thanks Sonic...for saving me.”

Please, please, please tell me what you thought of it. I WANNA KNOW!!!