Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ For Love Of The Hunt ❯ Plans For Revenge ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Okay, now for chapter two. In this one, we'll find out that-hey, wait a minute! I'm not gonna tell you anything! You have to read it to find out what you want to know.

Chapter 2: Plans For Revenge

The sun had set in New York when Ivy entered the city. She landed atop a building, thinking. The hedgehog's flight suit was uncomfortable to her, and she longed for her favorite leather styles. More than that, though, she longed for Scotty the hedgehog, crime fighter of New York. But for now, she'd settle for some new clothes. Ivy found a store that contained her favorites, and shot a hole in the roof. She entered it, and stepped out of the exo-suit. Meanwhile, near the Refuge base, Scotty sat underneath the faithful old apple tree, wondering about his dream. He stared up at the moon, silently asking it about the matter.

Scotty: <thinking> This one seemed stranger than the others…Well, I know there's one thing I can be sure of…I'll probably find out what it means soon enough.

He sensed someone near him, and looked behind him to see Secret running up to him. The young hedgehog sat down next to his father.

Secret: Daddy…what're you doing?

Scotty: Oh, nothing.

Secret: You look worried.

Scotty: Nah, I'm fine. Did you need to tell me something?

Secret: Oh yeah! Um…Can we go to the park tomorrow?

Scotty: Well…

He tried to think quickly for an answer. Scotty didn't want to get his son's hopes up, since it was likely that they couldn't go because of Scotty's job. And with his nightmare haunting him, he wasn't sure whether to risk it.

Scotty: If I'm not busy, then…

He stopped when a look of disappointment came over Secret. The young hedgehog knew that Scotty would probably be busy the next day, and this confirmed his fears.

Scotty: I'm sorry…<sigh> But I promise to try and make time, okay?

Secret: <sadly> Okay…

Secret slowly got up and walked away. Scotty soon followed, and entered the base just in time to have to leave again. They had been called to a clothing store robbery, and Scotty followed Sonic to the location. Metal-2 had gone out on patrol about an hour beforehand, and was nowhere to be found. When the hedgehogs arrived, they were just in time to see whoever had done it get away. Both hedgehogs, along with several police officers watched as two bright blue lights from small jet engines of some sort flew off into the distance. They all knew that Metal-2 had a jet engine with a blue hue in each leg, and often used them to fly while carrying something. Scotty and Sonic looked at each other.

Sonic: Y-you don't think that…

Scotty: No way…

But the officers weren't so certain. They drove away as a forensic team arrived to try and figure out who had been the thief. Not sure what else to do, Sonic and Scotty returned to their home. They were worried, and it showed. The two hedgehogs walked into the lounge, where the others were.

Sonya: So, did you two catch the criminals?

Scotty: No, whoever did it got away.

Sonic: We're pretty sure that only one person was involved in this one.

There was the sound of something landing outside, and they all recognized it to be Metal-2. Scotty quietly spoke to himself.

Scotty: Speak of the Devil…

The robot entered the room, having finished his patrol. Something was on his mind, though. Amy realized it after running up to hug him.

Amy: Metal…What's wrong?

Metal-2: Well, I've got an interesting situation for you. I'm wanted.

Scotty: Wanted? By who?

Metal-2: Who else? The police.

Sonic and Scotty glanced at each other for a moment.

Sonic: What for?

Metal-2: They think I robbed that clothing store. I was on my way over there after I got the report that something had happened there. When I arrived, all I found was a bunch of scientists and a cop that wanted to arrest me.

Scotty: So you ran?

Metal-2: Yeah…I know it probably wasn't a wise choice, but I don't think the cops will believe me if I say I didn't do it. I swear they have it out for me. I'll have to clear my name…again…<sigh> But I can't stay here; they'll find me.

Sonic: What are you saying?

Metal-2: I've gotta leave until this blows over. I just wanted to stop in and let you all know what's going on before I go into hiding. Goodbye, everyone…goodbye, Amy.

Metal-2 gave her one last hug before leaving again. It had all happened so fast that it never occurred to any of them to try and stop the robot. But now, it was too late. The time was also growing late, so they all eventually went to bed, knowing they wouldn't get much sleep. As all this was happening, Ivy was also trying to find somewhere to hide.

She made her way to her one of her old gang's hangouts, and found many of them there. They all recognized the hedgehog as she arrived, and welcomed her in. Loud, heavy music played inside, but everyone there was used to it. Of course, the first thing they all noticed was Ivy's exo-suit. One of the gang members, a tan echidna who had dyed his quills white and had a necklace with a small, plastic skull on it approached her. He was known as `Hacker', and as his name implies, he specialized in computer hacking. The echidna wore a large, white t-shirt with baggy jeans and gray shoes.

Hacker: Yo, Ivy, nice robot suit there. Mind if I try it on?

Ivy: Shut up, Hacker. Listen, I need you to do something for me. Get rid of all the legal junk that puts me on death row, will ya?

Hacker: Let me have a look at that suit of yours, and I'll think about it.

Ivy: Maybe later. Can you handle this little job for me?

Hacker ran a hand across the top of his head. He faced Ivy, and confidently spoke.

Hacker: Ha! This is ME you're talking to. Of course I can handle it. It'll take time, though.

Ivy: As long as you get it done, I'm happy.

Hacker nodded, and headed off to one of his computer systems. Ivy also found somewhere to rest, and got out of the suit. She fell asleep on a small cot next to it in one of the upper floors of the hangout. The night went on, and Metal-2 was having some trouble. The robot had made his way into the harbor, and was currently at the bottom of it, thinking to himself. His body was made to take extremes, and could easily handle being underwater for as long as it was necessary, if not longer.

Metal-2: <thinking> Well, Metal, this is a fine pickle you've gotten yourself into.

He lightly slapped himself on the forehead after realizing something.

Metal-2: What am I talking about? I didn't get myself into this! Someone else did. I shouldn't be hiding here; I should be looking for them!

He was about to take a step forwards, but stopped when he realized something else.

Metal-2: But I have no idea where to look…or who to look for, for that matter…Plus, if I go out there, I'll probably be forced to do something I'd regret…

He sat down on a rock, and crossed his arms.

Metal-2: I hate this…

There he stayed, all night long. And the nights were very long for him, as he was incapable of sleep. The next morning, at the Refuge base, Everyone soon awoke to a state of confusion. Some sort of strange, new, and powerful criminal was out there, and there was a chance that it was Metal-2, who had mysteriously left the night before, and was nowhere to be found during the robbery. He was wanted by the police, and they had let the robot get away. But had they done the right thing? Scotty wondered about it the most, and went to talk with Dr. Arrow. He went into the doctor's lab, and sat in a chair.

Scotty: Doctor…<sigh> I've been wondering if we did the right thing about Metal yesterday.

Dr. Arrow: I can see how you are troubled by that. He's your friend, yes?

Scotty: Yeah, of course.

Dr. Arrow: But the police think he's a criminal.

Scotty: Exactly. I can't figure out which is more important to me. My duties or my friends; I mean…there's a chance that it was him.

Dr. Arrow: Oh really?

Scotty: Yeah, they said on the news this morning that whoever had robbed the place used plasma weapons to get in. Tails said that Metal has plasma weapons, and none of us know where he was when it all happened, and--

Dr. Arrow: That's enough, young one. You need to ask yourself if you think it was him, and forget about what everyone else says.

Scotty: Maybe…Tell me, doctor, what do you think?

Dr. Arrow: You know I don't usually trust machines…but Metal has proven himself to be worthy. I don't think he did it, but what matters is what you think.

Scotty nodded, and thought for a moment before continuing.

Scotty: And doctor, there's one more thing.

Dr. Arrow: Yes?

Scotty: I had a strange dream yesterday…

Scotty went on to explain what happened. Meanwhile, Metal-2 was trying to decide whether or not to remain in his hiding place. Such a thing was not his way, and it bothered him to have to be so careful. Finally, the robot had had enough, and made the decision to leave. He was far too dense to swim, so he activated his jet engines and rose to the surface. Metal-2 kept himself underwater except for the top of his head, and cruised through the water. Some people on a nearby shore cried out `Shark!' and ran away. When everything was clear, Metal-2 snuck out of the water and into a small group of trees.

Metal-2: I have to find some better cover…Where wouldn't they be able to see me? Hmm…

Then a sudden thought occurred to him. He slapped his forehead when he realized it.

Metal-2: Duh! It's so obvious! I can hide on top of one of the buildings!

He took to the air, and flew to one of the buildings near central park. Metal-2 found it a little strange that he was going from one hiding place to another, but he just couldn't concentrate back under the water. The robot landed on top of it, and searched his mind for a way to clear his name. A while later, at the Refuge base, Scotty had decided to try and keep his promise to Secret. So, he and Sonya took the young child to central park. There Secret found a large oak tree and decided to climb it. Next to the tree sat his parents on a picnic blanket. When Secret was about a foot and a half of the way up the tree, Scotty pulled him down without even looking at the child.

Scotty: You've gotta be more careful, Secret. You'll hurt yourself.

Secret: Oh, no I won't…

Sonya and Scotty chuckled at this, unaware that they were being watched. From the roof of a nearby building, Ivy watched them using the zoom function on the suit's visor. The hedgehog despised the fact that Scotty was married to someone other than her, and decided to try and fix that in her own way.

Ivy: So, you've got yourself a family, eh? Well, we'll just see how much longer that lasts…

Having made her mind up about what to do, Ivy leapt off the building and flew toward Scotty. Down below, the hedgehog felt a twinge of something dangerous inside him. He looked all around, but saw nothing unusual. Sonya noticed him looking, and faced him.

Sonya: Scotty…Is something wrong?

Scotty: I'm…not sure…

Scotty shrugged the feeling off, and faced Secret again. There was a noise in the tree above and behind them, and before any of them could react, Ivy had slammed into the ground and grabbed Sonya. Scotty jumped to his feet and grabbed his Emerald sword. He couldn't recognize Ivy under all the armor, but it wouldn't have mattered much then anyway.

Scotty: Let her go! Who are you?!

Ivy: Not yet, crime fighter!

There was a whoosh, and Ivy began to take off. Scotty would've tried to stop the abduction, but Sonya was held at gunpoint by Ivy. They began to fly away, and Scotty took a step to chase after them, but then heard a voice behind him. It was Secret.

Secret: Daddy! Where'd Mommy go?!

Scotty wasn't sure what to do; he needed to chase after them, but he couldn't leave Secret here. And taking the child with him was out of the question. He looked back and forth at the two, struggling to make a decision. There was the sound of something landing nearby, and Scotty turned to see Metal-2. The robot had seen everything from his perch atop a skyscraper.

Metal-2: Go after her! I'll take care of Secret!

Scotty: Thanks, Metal-2! You're a lifesaver!

Scotty ran after Ivy while Metal-2 grabbed Secret to keep him from following. Police sirens suddenly began to blare from behind them, and they both turned to see two police cars parked nearby. There were several officers, each pointing a gun at the robot.

Officer: Hold it right there, thief!

They began to fire, and Metal-2 ducked down to shield Secret from the shots. He knew they had to escape, so Metal-2 picked Secret up and held him close to his body. The robot fired up his leg boosters and took off into the sky. The officers misinterpreted this heroism for yet another criminal act.

Officer: Look! He's taken that child hostage!

Other Officer: You heartless beast!

Metal-2 ignored their comments as he flew upwards, going higher and higher. At least the shots had stopped, since they didn't want to hit Secret. Metal-2 landed on a building, only to have to get away again. The familiar noise of chopper blades were below, and rose up in front of them both. It was a police helicopter, hovering in front of them. The wind from the blades kicked up dust on the roof, and Secret coughed because of it. Metal-2 did his best to shield the hedgehog as he ran for the edge.

Metal-2: Okay, Secret, hold on tight!

The robot ran past the helicopter and jumped off the edge of the building. They fell for many stories before Metal-2 finally pulled out of it, flying just above the street. As this was going on, Scotty tried to follow Ivy through the streets. She was very high up, almost out of sight, and Scotty had trouble watching both her and what was in front of him as he ran. As he crossed a street, a cab was pulling out, and nearly hit him. Its brakes squealed as Scotty instinctively jumped to avoid the vehicle. Unfortunately, he had been so distracted that he couldn't land properly and hit the street, lying on his back. Groaning, he sat up, and looked toward the sky. But it was too late; he had lost track of Ivy. He pounded his fist into the road as his eyes began to water.

Scotty: No! …Sony…Why?

After a few moments, he slowly rose to his feet. His body was sore, but he didn't care. The hedgehog returned to the Refuge base, but without his usual vigor. Metal-2 had already arrived, and handed Secret to Scotty. The hedgehog held Secret very close to his heart as he walked out of the room, and mumbled a thank you to Metal-2. The others left Scotty and Secret alone for now, and talked with each other. Metal-2 had already explained what had happened, so now they needed a rescue plan.

Metal-2: Well, it looks like I'm now also wanted for kidnapping. And I'm innocent of that one, too.

Sonic: Yeah, you've started quite a rap sheet. Look, we need a way to get Sonya back, and soon.

Tails: But we don't even know who took her, or where she is.

Sonic: Yeah…Metal, Do you have any clues?

Metal-2: Sorry, I was unable to scan the criminal while everything was going on.

Sally: Well, you did see whoever or whatever it was, didn't you?

Metal-2: <nods>

Sally: Tell us everything you saw; that way maybe we can figure this out.

Metal-2: I'll do you one better. Let me show you what I saw…

Metal-2 opened a small panel in the back of his head, and connected some wires from it to the TV in the room. A few seconds later, a crystal clear video of what had taken place appeared on the screen. They all watched it carefully, several times. Then Sonic noticed something.

Sonic: Hey! Look there! Metal, freeze frame!

The robot paused the video on a frame that showed Ivy beginning to fly away.

Sonic: That machine has a jet in each leg…I'll bet THAT'S what Scott and I saw!

Billy: Ah, I see. But who would've built such a machine, and who is the pilot?

Sonic: Who else? Robotnik! I'll bet that pilot is a fake; something to trick us! Robotnik's the only guy that could and would do something like this!

Sally: You're probably right!

Tails: Hold it! What if it's on of those suit things Billy was talking about?

Billy: I highly doubt that. The guy on the phone made it sound like the project hadn't gone very far yet, and they seemed unsure of a lot of things. This is most likely the work of the fat one himself.

Sonic: Billy…<chuckles> Did you just insult someone?

Billy: <sweatdrop> Well…uh…

Sonic: Forget it. Come on, guys, let's get to Liberty Island!

It wasn't long before Billy, Tails, Sonic, Metal-2, and a very angry Scotty were in the Freedom Eagle on their way to Liberty Island. They soon arrived, and the Eagle landed near the island's edge. Everyone hopped out, and they noticed the midday sky. It was clear for now, but there were some dark clouds in the distance.

Sonic: Looks like we might get some rain tonight.

Scotty: Good. Maybe it'll put out the fire I'm going to leave in this place!

They rushed to the not-so-secret entrance of Robotnik's base. Scotty sliced a hole in the door, and Metal-2 forced the chunk out of the way. They all rushed in, and their visit surprised Robotnik. He watched them enter on some TV monitors, and then turned to Metal Sonic, confused.

Robotnik: Hey, Metal, did we attack the hedgehog recently?

Metal Sonic was playing a video game against Chaos and Freddie, the watery creature's chao. The robot answered without looking away from the screen.

Metal Sonic: No, not since the last time they whooped us. Why?

Robotnik: Well, they're here, and they aren't happy.

Metal Sonic: That's nice, but I really don't care.

Robotnik: Your brother is with them.

Metal Sonic hit the pause button, and stood up.

Metal Sonic: Where are they?!

Robotnik: By the entrance. Chaos, you go help out.

Chaos stood up.

Chaos: Help what?

Metal Sonic: Help me, you idiot! Let's go…

They both ran out of the room as Freddie un-paused the game. The chao beat both Metal Sonic and Chaos, since they weren't playing, and entered his name at the top of the high scores list. Meanwhile, Metal Sonic and Chaos moved in to attack Sonic and the others…

________________________________________________________________ _____________________

Well, this should be interesting… But you'll have to wait until next time. And please, review my story!

Stay tuned!