Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Ghosts Of New York ❯ Super Heroes ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Okay. I've had enough of Robotnik. I'm sure Scotty and the others have, too. So what say we `deal' with him…

Chapter 9: Super Heroes

The helicopter was high above the island, and below, the entire place exploded, rattling the aircraft. When the smoke cleared, there was something where the island had been. It was a giant blob-like monster, with a large, metallic sphere inside it. Robotnik's voice came over the radio…

Robotnik: I'm not done with you, Hedgehog!

A huge tentacle-like thing extended from the blob, and it almost reached the helicopter.

Robotnik: This is a little technology I picked up from the ARK!

Tails: That thing…It does look familiar…Sonic! That's a giant version of one of those blob things on the ARK!

Sonic: The weak spot looks different…but other than that…I think you're right!

Scotty: You told me about those things…But how can we fight it?

Knuckles: With these…

The echidna produced seven large jewels, and showed them to everyone.

Sonic: The chaos emeralds?!

Scotty: How did those get here?!

Knuckles: The same way I did. Chaos control.

Sonic: But how?

Knuckles: It wasn't easy, but I finally got Shadow to teach me.

Sonic: So the great Knuckles had to learn something, huh?

Knuckles: Do you want the emeralds or not?

Scotty: I don't see any other way.

Another attack from the blob caused the helicopter to shake violently.

Sonic: Whatever we're gonna do, we better do it quick!

Knuckles: All right then!

Knuckles set about placing the emeralds in their proper positions around the hedgehogs.

Sonya: Be careful!

Scotty: I will. Don't worry.

Sally: Come back in one piece, Sonic.

Sonic: I promise!

Knuckles: There. It's ready.

The circle complete, Sonic and Scotty could begin to feel the power flow through them as the emeralds started glowing. The powerful gems began to rise and spin around Sonic and Scotty. The hedgehogs began to glow with the energy of the chaos emeralds.

Knuckles: I hope this works…

Tails: Me too-waahh!!

Another jolt from the blob almost rolled the large Chinook, causing almost everyone to lose their balance. The energy of the emeralds kept Sonic and Scotty from even noticing that anything had happened. Tails was walking when it hit, and tumbled into the circle of emeralds just as Scotty and Sonic transformed.

Tails: Wha-What's going on? What's this weird feeling?

Tails glowed brightly and, in a flash of light, transformed as well. When it was over, everyone stared at the metallic cobalt-blue fox.

Sonic: Tails?!

Tails: What?

Scotty: Look at yourself!

The fox looked down at his arms, then back at his tails. His eyes grew wide as he realized what had happened.

Tails: I'm blue! And…shiny!

Scotty: You must have transformed…But how?

Sonic: Yeah, I didn't think you were affected by the chaos emeralds!

Knuckles: He must've entered the circle at the moment you guys were transformed. The energy produced at that moment would probably react with anyone.

Sonic: Looks like you've got a super form, little buddy.

Scotty: So what are you gonna call yourself?

Tails: Hmm…I think…Turbo Tails!

Sonic: Ha, works for me.

Scotty: What are we waiting for? Let's go!

Sonic: Right!

Knuckles pulled the lever to open the rear cargo door, and the three super-charged heroes flew out. The door closed, and everyone watched the fight through the windows.

Tails: This is so cool! I can fly without using my tails!

Sonic: Enjoy it while it lasts.

Scotty: Don't get distracted, we've still got a job to do!

There was a giant metal ball in the blob, and it was the control center. Inside of it was Robotnik.

Robotnik: What is this?! Those blasted hedgehogs have gone super! And it looks like there's someone else with them!

The three heroes flew down into the blob, tearing three tunnels through it. The gaps were almost instantly refilled, though.

Sonic: I don't think that's gonna work!

Scotty: Let's try hitting that big metal thing!

Tails: Good idea!

They all went for it, but each time they tried, the ball moved out of the way.

Robotnik: Ha ha! Don't even try hitting the command module!

They somehow heard the scientist, and kept trying to attack it, just to prove him wrong. It still didn't work.

Scotty: This isn't working! It's moving too fast!

Tails: We have to slow it down!

Sonic: Just how are we supposed to do that?

Scotty: Maybe the answer isn't slowing it down…Maybe it's speeding us up!

Sonic: We're going as fast as we can!

Tails: What about the chaos control?

Sonic: He's right! We can use bursts of chaos control on ourselves to speed up!

Scotty: We'll have to watch our power levels.

Tails: Then let's do it!

They all chaos controlled their way into the blob, and knocked the control module out of it. Their friends would occasionally make comments to each other in the helicopter.

Knuckles: Look at them go!

Sonya: I hope their all right…

Simon: Yay! Go Scotty!

The module was shot out of the blob from the force of the super attacks. As soon as it did, the blob disintegrated, and fell back into the ocean.

Robotnik: No! Argh! Those fools have done it now…

The module hit the water, and was almost immediately surrounded by it.

Robotnik: You can't win! I've got an entire ocean of water at my disposal!

Tails: I thought we had him!

Scotty: We'll just have to keep it up!

Sonic: Yeah, we'll get rid of this guy!

They all chaos controlled into the module. They shoved it far underwater.

Robotnik: I'll get you for this!

Sonic: I think it's time for a little dive!

They flew down into the water, chasing the module, which had begun to rise. A little water was nothing for them, especially when you consider that they can survive the vacuum of space.

Scotty: We're coming for you, Robotnik!

Tails: Get ready to meet your maker!

Sonic: Relax, Tails. We're not gonna kill him!

Tails: Yeah, I know. I just couldn't think of a better action phrase.

The module rose upwards, nearing the surface. It zoomed right into the super-powered heroes. They were surprised and caught off-guard at the sudden impact.

Robotnik: Ha! Take that!

The module flew up above the surface for a moment before falling back in, and regaining its blob surroundings. Our heroes were flung straight up from the force of it. Their unconscious bodies arced over, tumbling through the air. Time seemed to stop as everyone watched.

Sally: Oh no!

Sonya: Come on, Scott! Snap out of it!

Amy: Come on guys, I know you can do it!

Knuckles: Pull through, Tails. I know you can.

Dr. Arrow: You have the support of everyone. You will succeed!

The three K.O.'d heroes were stuck inside their minds as they fell through the air.

Scotty: Sony…I…hear you…

Tails: Everyone's counting on us…we can't fail!

Sonic: There's no way I can let this guy win…

Scotty: I remember what you said, Rokusho. I have to do this…for my friends…for my family…for the entire planet!

Scotty's eyes burst open, and he adjusted himself in the air.

Sonic: I've done this before…This shouldn't be anything…I'm gonna beat him!

Sonic woke up, and flew next to Scotty.

Tails: All my life I've counted on my friends…now, they're counting on me…I won't fail! No way! No how!

Tails awakened, and rushed up to join his friends.

Sonic: All together now!

Scotty: As a team!

Tails: We won't lose!

They flew at very high speed, glowing with their uplifted spirits. Several tentacles came at them, but they crashed right through them, not even slowing down. As they drew nearer, they suffered several more attacks, but didn't even flinch.

Robotnik: I won't let you beat me!

Sonic: We'll just see about that!

Sonic tackled the module out of the blob. Tails flew around and caught it.

Scotty: Hey, Tails! Pass me the ball!

Tails spun around slowly at first, but he picked up speed. Eventually, he became a blur, as did the module, which he still had.

Tails: Goodbye, Robotnik!

The shiny blue fox used the inertia of the spin to hurl the module at Scotty. The hyper-charged hedgehog flew along beside it, and raised his right foot behind him.

Scotty: Thanks for using the Scotty express!!

He leveled a devastating kick onto the module, and sent it flying.

Robotnik: NNNNOOOOOoooooo!!!

They all watched it hit some far off island and explode.

Tails: Do you think we've stopped him?

Sonic: I wouldn't count on it, buddy.

Scotty: Yeah, that guy seems to have a way of coming back when you least expect it.

Sonic: Great job, everyone. Let's head back.

They made their way back to the helicopter. Tails took a little longer; he was enjoying some crazy aerobatic moves. Their super forms faded away after they entered the Chinook.

Sally: Sonic! You did it!

Sonya: Great job, Scotty!

Simon: That was cool, Tails!

Everyone joined together in a big group hug, and the pilot flew the Chinook back toward New York.

Amy: Sonic, you're my hero!

Sonic: So I've heard…

Amy approached Scotty.

Amy: And Scotty, you were great!

Scotty: Thanks, Amy.

Amy ran up next to Tails.

Amy: Tails, that was incredible!

Tails: Uhh…Thanks, I guess.

The pink hedgehog leaned over and kissed Tails on the cheek. Tails blushed as he tried to wipe it away. Everyone had a fun little laugh at this.

Tails: What was that for?

Amy: Because you earned it…and your the only one that's not married!

Tails: Don't get any ideas.

The helicopter arrived at the base, and everyone looked down at the busted-up Metal Sonic that was on the floor.

Sonic: What are we gonna do about this guy?

Metal's eyes lit up with the emergency repair message, and his parts started fixing themselves.

Tails: I think he's gonna be just fine.

A few days later…

Everyone was gathered around a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. Snow could be seen gently falling outside through the window, and everyone was smiling and laughing. Metal was bright and shiny, and was playing with the children. Rokusho was talking with Scotty. Even Shadow and his family were here. The only person missing was Dr. Arrow.

Tails: So, Billy, did you ever find out what that secret project was?

Billy: Are you referring to Dr. Arrow's project?

Tails: That's the one.

Billy: Unfortunately, no, but he did mention something about trying it on right now.

Tails: I bet it's that anti-gravity body armor he was talking about last month.

Billy: Perhaps.

Everyone stopped when they heard a deep voice coming toward them from the other room.

Voice: Ho Ho Ho!

SJ: Santa clause!

But the man who walked in was not Santa Clause. It was a certain dark blue echidna with a fake beard and a big, puffy red suit. On his head was a Santa hat, on his feet were black boots, and slung over his shoulder was a big red sack full of gifts.

Dr. Arrow: Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

Everyone just had to laugh, even Dr. Arrow. The good doctor walked over to them, and handed out gifts to everyone. They enjoyed each other's company, and each other's gifts.

Simon: I still don't know what you want for Christmas, doctor.

Dr. Arrow: I already have everything I could want, and more. Just being a part of this big family is enough for me.

They were all one big happy family, celebrating Christmas. Family is important. Without it, there is nothing. They all knew that, and none of them would ever forget it.

THE END

So, what did you think? Please review!

…And if it's near Christmas when you're reading this, then…

Merry Christmas!