Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ I Don't Have The Heart ❯ I Don't Have The Heart ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Declaimer: I don't own Sonic and Amy nor do I own "I Don't Have the Heart" by James Ingram.

Author Notes: I'm sick… Anyway; this came to me while listening to that song, I said, "Hmmm….I could make a fic outta that!" ^_^ and by golly, I did! Hehehe, that's funny, by golly gee-wiz! Okay, enjoy the fic, by the way, I do love Sonic and Amy as a couple, just the song doesn't fit that…*ACHOO!* Ugh…anyway…enjoy…*blows nose*

One Shot short, man!

~*~*~*~*~

I Don't Have the Heart

"Sonikku!" Cried Amy Rose, her face beaming at the sight of her favorite blue hedgehog As soon as she reached him, her arms flew around his neck, "Sonic! I've missed you so much!"

Sonic gasped for air, "Ame-Amy! You've saw me just yesterday! Let go!"

Amy let go of the hedgehog, "Yeah and I missed you so much!"

The blue hedgehog sighed, he cared for Amy, a lot, and he just wasn't really in love with her like she would want him to be.

~*~Your face is beaming
You say it's `cause you're dreaming
Of how good it's going to be
You say you've been around
And now you've finally found
Everything you wanted and needed in me~*~

Sonic started walking away from the female hedgehog, hoping she'll leave him alone. He didn't like hurting her the way he did. And he knew he was killing her inside for not returning the feeling.

"Sonic, wait for me!" Amy cried, catching up to him.

He sighed, "Amy…" It was time to tell her, to end both of their suffering. But for Amy, it would crush her little heart…And he didn't want to do that, he really didn't.

~*~I don't have the heart to hurt you
It's the last thing I wanna do
But I don't have the heart to love you
Not the way you want me to~*~

Amy looked at Sonic expectedly. She loved him more than anything, and he knew it. He knew that he was the cause of her tears at night. The cause of the pain. He couldn't find the heart to fall in love with her. She deserve someone much better that he. Someone who is willing to talk to her, be with her, love her the way she needs to be.

"Sonic?" She asked, breaking him from his thoughts.

Sonic sighed, "Amy…how can I say this? Please, understand…you…I…"

Amy knew where this was going. She knew Sonic didn't love her; she tried so hard to get him to at least acknowledge her presence. A lone tear rolled down her pink cheek.

~*~Inside I'm dying
Seeing you crying
How can I make you understand?
I care about you
So much about you
I'm trying to say this, as gently as I can~*~

"Amy, please, don't cry…." Sonic reached a hand out to her face, brushing the tear away.

Amy sadly looked at the ground, "You…you don't love me, do you?" Her voice was barely audible.

Sonic didn't know what to say, he search within himself to find the right words that wouldn't hurt her more than she was already, if that was possible. "Amy…I…do care about you a lot, as a very close friend. I do love you, but, not in the way you want me to. I look at you as if you were my little sister."

The pink hedgehog turns away, ashamed. She didn't know what to say, her heart was in too much pain.

~*~I don't have the heart to hurt you
It's the last thing I wanna do
But I don't have the heart to love you
Not the way you want me to~*~

Amy was so trusting, so willing to love him, and all he did was throw her heart back at her in pieces. He hated himself for what he was doing to that young girl.

"Sonic…I…I'm sorry. For everything." Amy cried, her hands hiding her face.

Sonic looked at her in confusion, "Amy…don't cry, you have nothing to be sorry for. If anything, I should be the one that should apologize, even though my apologies aren't good enough to heal the wound."

~*~You're so trusting
And open
Hoping that love will start
But I don't have the heart
Oh no, I don't have the heart~*~

Amy whipped away her tears, and slightly smiled, "If-If I can't ha-have your love, could I at least have your friendship?" She stuttered.

Sonic smiled, "You already have it." She hugged him again, through her tears. Maybe she still have a chance, maybe, just maybe, one day, Sonic would return her heart. She vowed to herself that she wouldn't push herself on Sonic anymore. She was at least happy to have his friendship and didn't want to lose that.

~*~I don't have the heart to hurt you
It's the last thing I wanna do
But I don't have the heart to love you
Not the way you want me to~*~

~*~*~*~*~
FIN
~*~*~*~*~

What did you think? *ACHOO!!* Blasted cold…*blows nose* Ahem, please, review! No flames! ^_^ Sorry for the shortness. Tata!