Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Innocence ❯ Wedding Bells A`Chimin' ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer:: Pyro Angel does NOT own any of the characters in this story, `cause if she did own em, she wouldn't be writing this! So, they are all © Sonic Team.

Author's Notes:: Wow…Thanks, everyone, for supporting me as I wrote this story. It's been fun, although I was kinda annoyed with how some chapters came out. This is dedicated to all of you who reviewed the story. So, I end my author's notes, and I give you…THE END! …Sorry this chapter doesn't quite focus much on Sha-chan, though…

Ages:: Sonic-22, Amy-20, Tails-17, Knuckles-24, Rouge-23, Shadow-8

-Innocence-

Chapter 7:: -=The Finale=-

~Seven Years Later…~

Sonic Takeshi Hedgehog and Shadow Hedgehog walked the streets of the city, stopping at a jewelry shop. Sonic walked inside, Shadow tagging along behind his father.

A seven years had passed, and in it, there adventure, as always, just not as much as there used to be. They were mature now, and they had changed a lot. Knuckles and Rouge had settled down, Sonic, Amy, and Tails were in college, Shadow in third grade. Eggman had finally been defeated, and that had only been a short time ago.

The man that ran smiled upon Sonic's entrance. "Hey, aren't you THE Sonic the Hedgehog?"

"Yeah, that would be me!" Sonic smiled back.

"So what`cha here for?"

Sonic turned slightly pink on his cheeks, when Shadow piped in, "Dad's lookin' for an engagement ring!" Sonic blushed a bit 'harder' and he whined, "Shaaadddooowwww…" The young black hedgehog looked a bit confused, and said, "What? I was jus' answering the guy's question!"

The man chuckled at the scene before him, and said, "Looking for an engagement ring, eh?"

"Er…Yeah…I finally decided to settle down…" Sonic said, somewhat embarrassed.

"Well then, you've come to the right place, Sonic! We've got tons of rings here. You're sure to find the one you think would suite your lucky girl best. Who is she, anyway? I may know her."

"A-amy Rose…"

The man rose an eyebrow. "Aa, that girl? She stops by here sometimes, picking out earrings and bracelets. Miss Amy is a VERY lucky girl. I know tons of girls that have stopped by here goin' on and on about wanting to marry you and eying the jewelry in here. Must be hard being you, y'know, being famous and all. Girls swarming around you as soon as they notice you, touching, clinging…Screaming your name…Barely any privacy…"

"Sou na…[1]" Sonic muttered. "But Amy hasn't really had any problems with it. Whenever we ARE caught at some place…Or when someone realizes who I am…And she started out like that!"

"Wow…" The man then said, "Aa, sorry, Sonic! I'm wasting your time here! You came here to get a ring for Miss Amy."

"Oh yeah…" The man brought out a tray with a bunch of beautiful rings.

"I know that Miss Amy likes pink, so I think you'll find something nice here." He told Sonic.

Sonic observed the pretty rings on the tray. He saw one that just seemed to stick out. He picked it up, moving it around. It was a golden band, with a tiny pink heart in the middle. On both sides of it were circular, sapphire spheres. Sonic bent down to show Shadow.

"Shadow, ya think mom'd like this one?"

Shadow nodded, smiling brightly. "Yeah! Look! It has blue, like you, and pink, like mommy!" He giggled lightly.

Sonic got back up, and said, "I'll buy this one."

"Okay, lemme ring you up here and…"

Sonic and Shadow strolled out of the store after done paying for it. They went to get a bite to eat, ice cream, then headed home. Soon after, Amy arrived. A few hours later, they went to the park to catch the sunset.

Amy and Sonic sat on the bench while Shadow played on the play structure. The two older hedgehogs talked for a while, until Sonic noticed the sun was now beginning to set.

"Amy, I need to ask you something…"

"Anything, Sonic…"

"Well, we've known each other for a long time, and we've been together for a few years…We've been through a lot together, as well, and I was wondering…" Sonic kneeled down on the ground in front of Amy, and presented the ring he'd bought for her earlier. "…Will you marry me?"

Amy was so shocked, and yet, so happy, she could barely speak. When she came to her senses, she began to let tears of joy fall out of her eyes. He slid the ring onto her finger, and it caught the few rays of light left. She hugged Sonic in a tight bear hug, and, beamed. "Oh Sonikku! Of course I will!" Sonic was being held so tight, that he seemed to be even bluer than usual! "A-amy! I can't breathe!" She let go of him, and she said, "Gomen, Sonikku-chan! I'm just so happy!" Amy danced around the park, people staring at the female hedgehog.

Shadow couldn't help but smile gently and say, "Hehehe…I guess Mommy really really liked it!"

~Eight Months, Two Weeks, and Four Days Later…~


Amy Rose stepped through the doors of the church. Her eyes were locked onto Sonic's. She couldn't feel anything. She couldn't see anything. Anything that wasn't Sonic became a blur. Soon, she was let go of, and she and Sonic joined hands.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today…" Knuckles began the speech. Sonic and Amy just stared at each other. Their eyes were locked throughout the whole speech. All they could see was each other.

"Do you, Amy Rose, take Sonic Takeshi Hedgehog as your lawfully wedded husband-to love and to honor; for richer, for poorer; in sickness, and in health; and forsaking all others-`til death do you part?" Knuckles said.

"I do…" She looked deeper into Sonic's emerald eyes.

Knuckles repeated it for Sonic, and out came the same reply. He handed Sonic a ring, and the blue hedgehog put it on Amy's ring finger.

"With this ring, I wed thee."

Amy echoed Sonic. "With this ring, I wed thee."

"In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I pronounce you…Hedgehog and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Sonic lifted Amy's veil, and moved in, kissing her more deep than before. Amy's head tilted back a little bit, and everyone was smiling. Rouge scrambled out of her seat, snapping a picture of the groom and bride. They pulled away slowly, and suddenly, everyone began to cheer and hoot. Shadow ran up to them, and hugged them both as well as he could.

~That Evening…~


The many guests from the wedding were all seated at tables, with all special people sitting at the center table with Sonic and Amy. Sonic and Amy were surrounded by close friends and family, and, of course Shadow. Shadow was tugging at the tie, which he couldn't get off. Any tighter, and the thing would've suffocated him! Amy loosened it up for him, when he complained about the little tuxedo being rather itchy and irritating him. Finally, people were ready to dance, and one song came on…

//I feel your love reflection
mitsumekaesu hitomi ni
egaite haruka na, Neverending Story//

[I feel your love reflection
In your eyes as they gaze back into mine
Writing a distant, Neverending Story]

Amy dragged Sonic onto the center of the dance stage. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and he placed his hands around her slim waist.

//Kanashimi mo itami mo
Furikiru you ni habataku
Anata ga kureta tsubasa wo
Kono mune ni hirogete//

[As if throwing off the sadness and pain,
I flap my wings,
And in my heart, I spread wide
The wings of courage that you've given to me]

They moved to the beat of the song, and everything began to disappear again.

//Aa kakegaenai ai no kodou wo
Setsunaku kuruoshiku kanjite itai//

[Ah…I want to feel the eat of this irreplaceable love
So much, it's heart-wrenching and maddening]

All they could see was each other, all the could hear was the music…

//I feel your love reflection
Atsuku yume wo kasanete
Ayamachi osorezu ni
Motomeau seishun!!

I feel your love reflection
Mitsumekaesu hitomi ni
Egaite haruka na, Neverending Story//

[I feel your love reflection
Passionately uniting out dreams into one,
In out youth, we seek each other out,
Without being afraid of our own faults!!

I feel your love reflection
In your eyes as they gaze back into mine
Writing a distant, Neverending Story]

The lights danced about them playfully, and, eventually, everyone was out on the floor, even Shadow, who'd been picked out by a sweet little girl dressed in lavender.

//Afuredasu omoi wo
Suhada de sotto tsutaeru
Yasashiku nareru tsuyosa wo
Dakishimeru mitai ni…//

[We quietly express out overflowing emotions
With our bare skin,
As if to embrace
The strength to be gentle…]

That little girl bent over and kissed Shadow's cheek. He blushed, although you could hardly tell against his black fur.

//Aa, hageshiku yureugoku jidai wo
Ketataku shinayaka ni koete yukitai!//

[Ah…Ah, I want to hold my head up high,
And lithely go beyond this violent era!]

Knuckles blushed, making his fur redder, as Rouge yanked on his arm, dragging him onto the stage as well. She gave him a suggestive look, and he gave in. She gave him a quick peck on the nose, and they began to feel the beat.

//I feel your love reflection
Yurushiaeru shinjitsu
Kuchidzuke kawashitara
Mou nanimo iranai!!//

[I feel your love reflection
The truth that we share,
As long as we exchange kisses,
We don't need anything else anymore!!]

Sonic kissed Amy long and passionately, and she returned the kiss…

//I feel your love reflection
Akiramenai jounetsu
Shinjite tsuranuku, Neverending Story//

[I feel your love reflection
We'll stand firm and fight,
Believing in the passion we'll never give up, it's our Neverending Story]

…and they all danced the night away…

//I feel your love reflection
Atsuku yume wo kasanete
Ayamachi osorezu ni
Motomeau seishun!!

I feel your love reflection
Mitsumekaesu hitomi ni
Egaite haruka na, Neverending Story//

[I feel your love reflection
Passionately uniting out dreams into one,
In out youth, we seek each other out,
Without being afraid of our own faults!!

I feel your love reflection
In your eyes as they gaze back into mine
Writing a distant, Neverending Story]

~Owari~


…And here marks the end of 'Innocence'. The end. But don't fret! There's still the AU/Sequel to Innocence! And, no, it's not written by me. I give you…RockChick's 'With You' !!! For those of you who haven't read it yet, go!!!! Pyro Angel commands you! Or else you shall never see what happens to Shadow-chan and what's in his new life. However, I will not be leaving the Inno-verse! [My nickname for the time period of Innocence, and its after-and-side stories.] I'll be writing the stuff that happened before it, and possibly what had happened in between the time. Ja ne!

~Pyro Angel

Shadow:: What happened to me? I thought I was your favorite! How come I'm not in here a lot?!

Pyro:: Sha-chan, you ARE my favie! `Cept I couldn't really write much about you, but down worry, there's still what happens AFTER this I can write about in a separate story!

Shadow:: *sigh*

[1]Sou na…-Yeah, basically.

-White Reflection- from Gundam Wing "Endless Waltz" © Two-Mix and related peoples.

Finished:: 8.15.02, 10:36:35 pm

R

E

V

I

E

W

!!!