Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Memories, Reborn Evil ❯ Thoughts and discovery ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Lost Memories, Reborn Evil: By Hyper Shadow
Hey! I'm Back! With Chapter 1! Thanks to all who reviewed my story. I really appreciate it! That's what got me motivated enough to write this!
:*Note*: this key applies for ALL chapters, even if I forget to add it.
Italics: thoughts
" .words. ": speech/talking
* .words. *: action (ex: *gasp* )
Bold or CAPITALS: stressed words
That's all for now. FINALLY, ON TO CHAPTER 1!
><-><-><-><-><-><-><-&g t;<-><-><-><-><
 
Chapter 1: "Thoughts and Discovery"
 
"SONIC!!!!!!"
 
Sonia stood outside Sonic's door, impatiently waiting for the Hedgehog to wake up.
 
"Uhnnn? Huh? Wassamatter? Go…a-…way… holiday" Came the groggy reply. It sounded as though he was going back to sleep.
 
"SONIC, WAKE UP!!! I KNOW THAT IT'S OUR HOLIDAY, BUT IT'S TWO IN THE AFTERNOON!!!"
 
"Ugh. If you only knew what happened to me, you'd let me sleep." Sonic mumbled
 
"What'd you say?" Asked Sonia who, luckily, hadn't heard him.
 
"Uh, NOTHING! DON'T WORRY, I'M UP NOW!"
 
Sonia, who had been walking away, halted. She turned and headed back to Sonic's door. That's odd. His voice sounded different than usual. It sounded deeper, more…mature? Sonia paused at that thought, and giggled slightly to herself. Sonic? Mature? Heh, I must be going crazy, the last thing that Sonic would ever be is mature. He can barely be trusted to be by himself when he sleeps, not to mention when he's awake! Besides, being able to tell how mature someone is by their voice? Ha! That's ridiculous! However, she still couldn't shake the feeling that something strange was going on with her brother. Aloud, she said "Sonic! Are you sure you're alright? Your voice sounded kinda… strange."
 
There was a pause, and then…
 
"I'm alright! Really! It's either your imagination, or the door's muffling my voice."
 
"Hmmm…" Said Sonia thoughtfully. "I guess you're right." She turned and walked away, still not satisfied. Still, what he said DID make sense she reasoned. A few seconds later she sighed. But then, that's the whole problem. Sonic NEVER makes sense. She sighed again, deeper this time. Oh well, I guess it must have something to do with the "get-rid-of-Sonia-and-go-back-to-bed" routine. She left off there and thought no more of the incident, for now.
 
Back, inside of Sonic's room, he was indeed still in bed, but he hadn't just woken up. After his alarm had rung (and died, from being thrown at a wall) at 8:00am, he had stayed awake long after then, musing over his dream. Especially the parts including the chaos emeralds.
 
He sighed. I wonder what happened to the 7th chaos emerald. We hid 6 of them, but the 7th (the green one) was missing. I wonder if Robotnik took it. Hmm…I wonder if the others remember, and if they are also going to find them, it's a good thing that we arranged a date to meet there. Sonic glanced at his calendar on the steel wall of the motor home. It was the 26th of July, six days and 2.59 hours from the time they had arranged to meet (it was 2:01 now).
 
Sonic got out of bed and (strangely enough) started picking up the mess in his room. He smiled inwardly, Heh, if I gotta be late, and get a tellin' off from Sonia, I might as well have a good excuse. Sonic moved in front of his bed, putting a few pens and pieces of paper in his desk, then shuffling through a stack of books. Not being used to spending a lot of time in one place doing one thing, he found his mind wandering. It's a four-day trip to the place where the emeralds are hidden, so I have two days to spare. Maybe…I'm going to pass Robotropolis on the way to the place, so, maybe I can go there, and see if Ol' Eggie remembers. After all, he IS the only one that I knew in the past, that I'm still in contact with. Yeah, and from what I remember, only those who, uhhh… `caused' the…change in history, would remember…I think. Well at least I know that Sonia doesn't remember anything, otherwise she wouldn't have acted so unconcerned.
 
Sonic stopped then, he stuffed the few pieces of machinery and old books that he was holding absentmindedly into the sock cupboard and then straightened. Sonia, Manic. He had forgotten all about them. Oh, great he slapped his forehead, now I'm gonna hafta take THEM too! Ohh…how am I going to explain to them that I've lived an extra life in an altered dimension? And then, the same guy who is now a metal-happy freak, used to be a world renowned genius who went and blew-up half the moon and is now supposed to be an ally who helped us save the world. And THEN there is an echidna, and a two-tailed fox, and an old fan who are supposedly my friends from the `altered time'. He groaned as his mind pondered the information. They are so going to think I'm crazy, I can't even think straight any more.
 
Sonic moved to his mirror, he had finished cleaning his room, and was now going to make himself `presentable'. All the dust and oil (from machine parts) in his room had mad him quite dirty. It was then that he saw his reflection.
 
"What the-" Standing before him was a blue hedgehog, covered from head to toe on dust. It was not this that startled him though. Sonic gazed at his reflection, and moved a hand over his spikes. They were pointing downward, and there were more of them then usual. He had also gotten taller, by about half a foot, he was thinner and more wiry and the eyes that stared back at him were green, instead of brown.
 
Sonia was right, Sonic had changed. He looked, and sounded exactly like he did before the time shift.
 
"How am I going to hide this one?"
 
><-><-><-><-><-><-><-&g t;<-><-><-><-><
AN. FINALLY! I finished this chapter! Sorry for the looooong delay, but I have a good reason! I actually wrote most of this chapter last weekend *wince* , yeah, I know that IS a long time ago, but the computer went and froze on me, and so I lost the story. Heh heh, no, I uhh forgot to save it *ducks the debris that the angry mob throws* . But now I'm BACK! And I am going to try to update once a week, and I know, this chapter is very short, and not that great, but it was rushed, for YOU! SO BE HAPPY! And I'll make a longer (and better) one next week…If I get reviews.
P.S. There was a lot of explaining to do, so I decided to stop here, and start the story in chapter 2 (it won't be so wordy, or thoughty… hopefully ^_^)
Also note: As a response to one of my reviewers who claimed that this story was confusing: Looking over once again, I admit that this might be true to some. I neglected to mention that this story does primarily concern the Sonic games, not the comics or Sonic X cartoon. For those of you who have not played Sonic 1,2,3; Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, some of the visions Sonic experiences in the prologue may seem confusing. I'm sorry if this is the case but I think I explained things well enough. Any confusions or need for clarifications can be made clear in reviews and I will do what I can to rectify the situation. Thanks.
~TBC~