Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Memories, Reborn Evil ❯ While the Storm Blows ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Lost Memories, Reborn Evil------------------- By Hyper Shadow
Now, to all my faithful readers, I can not express how SORRY I am for not updating this fic for such a long time. Heh, after all the time I spent thinking of how awful some writers are for leaving you hanging for half a year after a chapter, I go and do it MYSELF! Unlike last time, I do not have a good excuse this time, I got writer's block, I was depressed, the Internet was down, and I was studying for mid-term exams…
ANYWAY! Enough Dramatic (soap opera) life story, or I'll have to change this story to an original, Besides, you've been waiting too long for this chapter. OK! On with the story
"Italics" - Thoughts, Memories (and,…well… you'll see)
Bold or CAPITAL - Shouting, or Stressed
><-><-><-><-><-><-><-&g t;<-><-><-><-><
 
Chapter 2: "While the storm blows"
 
"Hey, Sonia! This is a great lunch! Did ya make it yourself?"
 
"Manic," Sonia said, slowly, pronouncing every letter, as if she was talking to a child. "What you are eating, is called an EGG, E-G-G. More specifically, an omlette, if you must know. It is the most simplest thing on the earth, and YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!!??"
 
"Relax Sonia! Jeez, I was only complimenting your food. You don't need to have a tantrum. Besides, I've lived in a sewer most of my life. We don't get gourmet food served to us on a silver platter, like you. I'm so sorry that I don't meet your requirements, Sonia." Manic said, getting angry.
 
"Oh Manic, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings," said Sonia, lowering her eyes.
 
"Heh, S'okay Sis, besides, I don't think that my home was the problem, more likely, it was Sonic. With him around, we're all subject to malnutrition."
 
Sonia giggled, "You're right, he eats like a pig. No one can get a bite with him around."
 
"Especially when chilidogs are involved," Added Manic.
 
"Hmm, yeah. I still don't get how he can eat those things; just the smell of them makes me sick. I'm kinda glad that he's sleeping in, `cause now I don't have to worry about him giving away our position, AGAIN, to Butt-nick." Sonia said, remembering all the times Sonic had blundered because of his own cockiness, she used her `pet name' for Robotnik.
 
"Sonia! Don't be so hard on him." Manic said, in mock anger. "Besides, you are his twin sister, and technically, that means that you should be like him. Also, I can remember a lot of incidents where YOU have messed our plans, like that time when-"
 
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. You can't say much yourself either. You've messed up a lot more times then me!"
 
"Have not!"
 
"Have too!"
 
"Have not!"
 
"Have too!"
 
"Have-"
 
"Listen Manic," interrupted Sonia. "How about you list all the times you've seen me mess up, and I'll do the same for you. Then we will know who is the most error-prone, besides Sonic, of course," She compromised.
 
"Alright," Manic sighed, "I guess we have nothing better to do now. Since it is raining buckets out there." Manic gazed out the window. Outside the weather was so bad that you couldn't se three meters in front of you. The rain was coming down in torrents and the fog was hanging over everything like a thick blanket. Although it was only 2:50, it looked as though it was at least 4 hours later. It was lucky that the three had managed to park their trailer inside a safe cave. It was still too windy to go outside though, and the only space in the cave was taken up by the trailer.
 
"Hmph," Sonia stood up and walked over to the window. She crossed her arms as she gazed out the window. "The last time the weather was this bad, I was still with my guardians. I remember that I was having a writing lesson with one of my tutors. Cordelia was her name, I think. Heh Heh, I was so frightened by the thunder that I dove underneath the desk. I must have spilled ink over the entire desk. Hmm, I don't think that stain ever came out." Sonia sighed nostalgically, as she recalled her past.
 
"Ha, that's pretty funny Sonia," laughed Manic. "I can just picture you, screaming and hiding from the `bad ol lightning.' "
 
"Oh really?" Asked Sonia, "and just what, might I ask, was the `brave and noble Manic' doing?"
 
Manic's smile faded slowly, and he got a faraway look in his eyes. "I was with Toora, one of my old man's friends, and his best thief, besides me. He was teaching me a few maneuvers, when the storm hit. It was horrible, Toora's place was small, compared to mine. It didn't stand a chance against the storm. I only just managed to get away, and only then because I was so small. Toora…" Manic sighed. "Toora didn't make it."
 
"Oh, Manic, I'm so sorry," Sonia said, shocked, and concerned for her brother.
 
"It's OK" Manic looked up, meeting her eyes, he smiled. "We had some really good times in the past, didn't we?"
 
"Yeah, everything was great, in a way, even the storm was, because I was with…them. The storm ended sometime in the night, didn't it?"
 
"Yeah, it did. And then, then next day, Robotnik took over, everyone was robotocized, and I met you and Sonic."
 
They were both quiet for awhile, remembering those who they had cared for. Sonia was the first to break the silence.
 
"Manic, let's not think about that now, weren't we going to have a contest?"
 
"Yeah! I still bet that I'm gonna win!"
 
"We'll see…"
 
Within minutes they were both laughing, both at the stupidity of their own actions, and in the silent fear that if they didn't, they would have to face the memories of lost friends and family.
 
`.'
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
`.'
 
In a dark corner of the room, on top of a high shelf bathed in shadows, a figure crouched. Stealthily, it crawled sideways, avoiding the objects on the high shelf. As it came to the end of the shelf, it hesitated, and turned towards the twins.
 
It regarded them for a few seconds thoughtfully. However, the two siblings were too busy taking to each other to notice the creepy feeling one gets when their being watched. After a few seconds, the two bust into a fit of laughter. The figure took this lucky chance to leap lightly off the shelf, it did a flip in mid-air that carried it further. Staying in the shadows, the figure landed precariously on the kitchen table, 5 meters away from the shelf. A small wooden spoon that was jarred by the jump fell to the floor, it made a soft, dull `thunk' as it landed
 
The figure cursed it's own incompetence silently. When it was finished, it held it's breath as it watched Sonia and Manic, desperately hoping that they hadn't noticed the spoon. The twins were too busy laughing however, to hear it.
 
The figure would have sighed with relief, but it knew that there was no time for that. Someone might hear it anyway.
 
So instead, the figure busied itself by navigating its way over the curved table, ever mindful of stray cutlery. It would have just walked on the floor, if it wasn't so lit up. It was also a lot harder to walk quietly on the ground, as opposed to crawling.
 
As the figure came to the sink, it leaped nimbly over the large pile of dishes (it was Sonic's turn to clean them), this bought the figure to the end of the table. This time the figure didn't need to look at Sonia and Manic, they were too far away. Besides, they were laughing so hard you would be able to hear them outside, in the storm, no less.
 
The figure dropped straight to the ground, no fancy tricks this time, it didn't need any. As it landed, it found itself in a corner. It took a few steps forward, never making a sound. Shortly, it paused, and turned to face a door. Just what it was looking for.
 
Sonic's Room.
 
The figure pulled out a thin envelope. It gazed deeply at the envelope. A soft, low, sinister voice floated from the figure then. It was so soft that no one but the speaker itself could hear it.
 
"You had better heed my advice, blue hedgehog," It hissed. "Such a chance may never come again, and if you miss it, it could mean the end of us all" The figure then reached up and slipped the note through one of the three wide slits in the metal door.
 
"Until we meet again, live long, and prosper, blue hedgehog"
 
You did not need to see the figure to know that it was sneering. Then before anything else could happen that the figure had not intended, it bowed its `head' and…vanished. The long black cloak that it had been wearing crumpled to the ground lifelessly.
 
A few minutes later, the door opened.
 
`.'
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
`.'
 
Sonic was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Even after he had finished `cleaning' his room, he still did not have an idea of what he was going to do. He had been pacing (or more likely, running) around his room for half an hour, and so far, the only thing that he was able to accomplish was to dig deep furrows in the carpet.
 
What am I going to do?
 
Should I leave Sonia and Manic?
 
No, I can't leave them. They could get into trouble.
 
I can't go outside in this weather anyway.
 
I wonder if I really need to rush, what if no one else remembers what happened?
 
But what if they do?
 
What am I going to do?
 
Sonic stopped in his tracks and let out a small cry of frustration. "Augh! Why did this have to happen! It's all Robotnik's fault, it's always Robotnik's fault, him and his stupid eggs. This isn't fair!"
 
After Sonic's outburst, he threw himself onto the bed, and he lay there, thinking, as he traced the patterns on the ceiling with his eyes.
 
Stupid timeline, just as my life was starting to make sense it had to jump in and throw everything into chaos. I wonder what happened to Sonia and Manic in the other time. Hmm, they must have been there, somewhere, and mother too.
 
Sonic turned so that he was lying on his side, facing the wall. And the old king, King Acorn, what ever happened to him? And Sally…
 
Sonic sighed, remembering the squirrel princess: She was one of my best friends, along with Knuckles (I bet he's still on that island of his) and T-
 
Sonic sat up straight his eyes were wide and anxiety was written all over his features, along with horror. TAILS! Oh my god! I forgot about Tails! I hope he's okay, I don't know what I'd do if I lost him.
 
Sonic's eyes glazed over as he remembered…
 
`.'
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
`.'
 
"Eeeeek! Help! Someone please, help me!" A small orange fox stumbled backwards as a large robot clanked menacingly forward, it held out its laser and prepared to fire. The fox let out a small yell as he tripped over something and fell flat, right into a puddle of something.
 
The blast from the laser flew over his head, right between his two long ears. It singed a few hairs, but that was the extent of the damage.
 
The fox turned slightly to see what had saved his life, but when he saw it he choked on a sob, "Mommy," he cried. The prone figure did not move. The fox turned completely, so that his back was to the robot. He gazed at the figure lying beside that of his mother. "Daddy…"
 
The two figures were lying face up with their eyes closed. The Mother had four tails that were spread out evenly behind her. The Father only had one, which was lying to the left of him. They had both been shot in the chest and the fox had landed in a puddle of their blood.
 
A loud clanking sound brought the fox back to reality. He looked up at the Robot before him, the only one that was left after a group of them (10) had ambushed his Mother and Father. He had been a bonus.
 
The robot made a cracking sound as it took another step forward, it had landed on the hand of the Mother. The fox let out a cry of despair as he scrambled backwards on all fours.
 
He hadn't gone three meters before he backed into something hard. Looking behind him, he realized that he had backed into a wall. The Robot bleeped in delight as it walked forward. It paid no heed to where it stepped.
 
The Robot stood in front of the fox and raised its laser again. The fox closed its eyes, ready to meet its fate.
 
"Hey you stupid bucket of bolts, don't you know better than to attack a child?"
 
The Robot hesitated and looked around in confusion. It scanned the area with its sensors.
 
"Up here, tin-head!"
 
The Robot looked upwards at a nearby house. Standing on one of the stair rails of an emergency escape was a young, 4 year-old blue hedgehog. (8 in human years)
 
The Robot made a strange disgruntled sound as it raised its laser at the hedgehog, but before it could get a lock on him, he had disappeared. The Robot turned emotionlessly back at its other captive, only to find him gone, he had crawled away while the Robot was distracted.
 
The Robot turned around to look for him. He found the fox, huddling near the hedgehog from earlier. The Robot raised its laser, unaware that something was wrong. The hedgehog smiled and carefully picked the fox up.
 
The Robot fired.
 
><-><-><-><-><-><-><-&g t;<-><-><-><-><
ALRIGHT! That's all for chapter 2! Yes, I know that I left you in the middle of a memory, but this chapter was getting too long, so I decided to end it here. Don't worry, the next chapter will not take as long to get up, this time I actually mean it! By the way, exams are coming up so I will not be able to update often (but I WILL update).
Also, if I confused you with the part about Sonic then don't worry, because the remedy is in the next chapter, if I confused you with Sonia and Manic then…Sorry. I can't do anything about that. I just wanted them to have some…character and feelings. So I made an interlude based solely on things that happened in their past, and their feelings. If you didn't like it, then tell me, and I'll try not to do it again (unless it's necessary).
(don't worry, the next chapter picks up RIGHT after this one)
By the way, I have a question for you all, do any of you know you Sonia's so-called, `boyfriend' is? I think it was Bart-something, anybody know? Also, does anyone know what Manic's foster parent's name was?
*Disclaimer* You know the drill, I don't own it (well I own Toora, but he died, so…^_^)
~TBC~