Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ New Life ❯ PART 5: Eternal promise ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

PART 5: Eternal promise

Time had passed, but not very much. Sonya and I were welcomed to live with Sonic the Hedgehog, and let me tell you that my life brightened since then. I had a home again; friends to look up to whenever I need help, and I became part of their family. Everything was new. My arm no longer needs a bandage, but a scar remains there even to this day. It doesn't hurt now, and my health improved. I'm running through the green pasture now, just racing the wind for fun, and I enjoyed freedom. It was sweet to be released from crime's chains. I have learned that crime chains you, but honestly is freedom. Sounds simple, I know, but I saw it for myself. I laughed as I rolled to a stop, and the grass gently brushed against my face. I looked up, and then I saw a tree. I never noticed it before, and so I ran to it for a closer look. When I stood under it, I saw that it was an apple tree. It was the most beautiful plant I ever saw, and I gazed at its branches. The wind made a nice sound, blowing through the branches, and I listened. From where I stood, I could see most of the pasture, and it was a great view. I like this place, and I'll stay for a while.

While I'm here, I'll think more of what I should become now that I'm no longer a criminal. I sat down on the ground, resting in the shade of the apple tree, and I began to think deeply. The idea suddenly came to me when I sat under the tree. Hey, since I used to be a criminal and I know so much of their ways, how about a crime fighter? Sounds like a dangerous job to me, but I know crime well. It seems like the best thing for me to do, and very useful, I think. Well, why not?

"Scotty?" Sonya asked, "Are you okay?"

Oh, it's her. I didn't even see her. I must have been daydreaming. I stood up under the tree.

"I'm okay, Sony. Just thinking…" I stopped.

"About what?" Sonya asked curiously.

I looked at her in the eyes. "A decision…" I said quietly.

Sonya looked confused, and she asked, "Scotty, what are you doing?"

Yeah, good question. What am I doing? I think I'll answer that with a promise. I laid my hand on the apple tree, standing in its shade, and I looked toward the sky. I made a strong promise.

"I will no longer be a thief. I will fight crime for the rest of my life. That's a promise."

There was a moment of silence as I stood under the apple tree, and the promise entered my new heart. Sonya smiled, and she softly kissed me on the cheek. …What did she do that for?

"Sony?" I asked as I wiped my cheek with my hand. "Why did you do that?"

Sonya let out a little chuckle. "I'm so glad I know you, Scott." She said gently.

Then I smiled back, and I held her hand. She was my witness for this important moment.

"You're going to make a change…" Sonya whispered.

"It's the least I can do, Sonya." I said, "New York will be safer when I'm around…I hope."

I didn't know then, but this moment under the apple tree changed my life forever, and it inspired many others after me. It was not only my promise, but it was an eternal promise that as long as crime is here, I will fight it. I don't know about you, but crime is beginning to drive me crazy! All its cunning tricks make me sick, and I'll stand to fight what I once served. That is my word that I must keep. You may be thinking that not all criminals will change because of a gunshot and someone showed them kindness, and I agree. It is a rare gem to happen, but it happened to me, and I wish it would happen to other criminals out there. Maybe it will. I hope with all my heart that criminals will change, turn their lives around and become new, and maybe someday, they will know my story. Perhaps my story will make them think twice before they rob another bank, but I'm not sure. Crime is the wrong power, and you are a slave if you serve it, but where there is a change, there is a way. Crime fighting became my new life, and yes, it is very challenging, dangerous, and I admit, sometimes it tares me, but I will continue always. It is a good fight, and it's what I now stand for. You may see me on a New York City skyscraper, and my watchful eyes will not allow crime to have its sinister way. The crime shadows will flee when I am near.

Who am I? I'm Scotty the crime fighter Knight, and this was only the beginning of my life long journey, my new life as the crime fighter of New York, and my promise will never perish. Adieu.

= = = = =

THE END

Copyright: Sonic the Hedgehog and his crew belong to SEGA. Scotty the crime fighter and his team belong to the author. This story was only written for sharing. Thanks for reading.

= = = = =

End Credits:

"New Life."

Scotty's theme song

My life tells of an impossible change

With opened eyes, I turned from darkness to light

From the power of crime to crime fighting, I met my turning point

Here I am; the Knight of green, this is me: a Crime Fighter to always be

There's nothing else on earth I'd rather be than a Keeper of the City

When I hear the wind call my name, I respond to run and fight

I will rise up and bow down to have the bestowment of the Knight's crown

It's a new life, a new world, and a new start for my life and heart

It's a new life for me to fight what I was before

It's a life with the beating of a new heart

I fight a good fight; I gotta run another night and strike down crime to dust, I must

It's a new life to bring new hope for my home New York

It's new to turn around anew from black to white

You can't take me; I am finally free from crime's dark and cold chains.

Here I am, someone else, somebody new, and you'll never guess

And suddenly, the world is brand new like the morning dew

I now see with my own eyes to see a rainbow washing rainy nights away

The only peace New York might see is while I'm standing so let me be your shining Knight

It's a new life, a new world and new start for my life and heart

This is my song of light, it's a new song, and I live it to this day

Behold, it's a new life, and I live it as a gift because it is

Story characters

Scotty Silas Staff

Sonya Violet

Simon

Sonic the Hedgehog

Miles Tails Prower

Sally Acorn

Songs:

"A Criminal Mind." By: Lawrence Gowan

"New Life." By: C. E. Rodriguez

Written for: Scotty's 2nd year anniversary, and for criminal prisoners

Special Thanks to:

My sisters: Monique, Bijou, Colette and Beau. My brothers: Lorran and Einnar. My parents.

And I thank all my readers, adventurous to read and travel along in my written work.

A new day brings a new adventure… but for now… Rest easy, heroes.