Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ On the Road Again ❯ New road ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sonic Adventures: "On the Road Again."

Written by: C. E. Rodriguez

2002

= = = = =

Author's note: Hello and welcome, my adventurous readers to Sonic Adventures: On the Road AGAIN. My first series became a great one and so for my reader's enjoyment, I decided to take the wheel again [or computer keyboard] to write another, for my first series: On the Road. The Sonic Crew from Sonic Adventure 2 will appear once again to travel down and through amazing adventures together with you as a passenger. Yes, you ride along with the heroes, so turn the key of your imagination and prepare for a journey on the road. Sonic the Hedgehog and his great crew are owned, copyrighted and belong to SEGA. I do not own them or wish to corrupt them in any way. I write this only for sharing and to give my readers an adventure to enjoy. So, now with that said and done, I will open the curtains for you and begin the story. [ZOOM!]

= = = = =

Chapter 1: New road

Many stories are told of highways, freeways, streets and roads, the trails in which cars roam, and where bicycles go, but none can come close to the special ways of the RV, a home on wheels. This is one of those stories. It is a story about wheels, roads and signs, traveling and adventure, but mostly, it is about friendship. So, sit quietly as I tell you one of these tales. Understand that when you follow a heroic hedgehog like Sonic, the blue blur who can be found speeding down the road on foot with no worries of a ticket, you could possibly find a special adventure. Like just this morning when the alarm clock rang early to awake the two heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog and his friend Tails the fox. Ring, ring, ring went the bell until Sonic threw his shoe to knock it down. It was a direct hit and he somehow made that perfect hit while still in his sleep. Amazing, yes?

"What in the world?" Tails asked as he sat up, in his bed. He heard the clock crash. He looked toward the hedgehog's bed, shaking his head. "I hate it when he does that. How many times must I fix that alarm clock?" He asked himself as he climbed out of bed.

He came to the other bed where Sonic was dreaming. He turned onto his back with his hands gripping a car steering wheel in his sleep, driving with his eyes still closed. Tails rolled his eyes. Then he shook the blue hedgehog awake, again and again, shaking him. "Sonic?"

"I wasn't speeding!" Sonic said in a panic as his green eyes shot opened, and Tails fell backward. "Oh, Tails!" Sonic said in surprise. "I didn't know you were here, little bud."

"Do tell. I live here!" Tails groaned, and then he stood up. "It's morning and so, let's go."

"Yippee!" Sonic shouted with excitement as he leaped over Tails, rushing out of the room.

"And this is how some heroes wake up." Tails said to himself. "No wonder they always need a sidekick." He thought of that for a moment; let a chuckle free and then he prepared to go.

Sonic hopped out of the bathroom, trying to get his shoe on, but he became concerned when he could not find the other one. He did not know or remember that he used it to knock down the alarm clock. He looked under the bed, under his blankets, in the goldfish tank, but nothing.

"TAILS!" Sonic called him, and then the fox appeared from the kitchen with a piece of toast.

"What is it, Sonic? You called?" He asked, after swallowing his first bite of breakfast.

"Tails, my left sneaker is missing!" Sonic said, worried. "You gotta help me find it, fast!"

Tails took another bite of his toast, pretending to be thinking. "Oh, where could it be?"

"I don't know! I looked and searched everywhere, even in the goldfish tank!"

"Okay, well it must be in the room in here, somewhere." Tails said, simply.

"Right!" Sonic nodded his head. Then he turned to the basket. "Freeway, come help me find my sneaker!" He gently shook the small deer awake until her eyes opened, moving to stand up.

Sonic and Tails looked around the bedroom, searching, seeking and hoping to find the lost sneaker, which belonged to the fastest thing alive. It soon appeared to be hopeless, but then…

"Sonic, look!" Tails pointed toward Freeway. She was carrying the sneaker in her mouth.

"Oh, thanks, Freeway! Thanks a million!" Sonic said, very grateful as you can imagine. He was so happy that he hugged the red sneaker, smiling with his eyes closed.

"Do you have any idea where that's been?" Tails asked him with his eyes widening.

"Oh, yeah..." Sonic said, opening his eyes. "That's why I love it!" After that, Tails coughed on his breakfast and left the bedroom to get a drink in the kitchen.

Soon and at last, it came to pass that Sonic and Tails finished breakfast, packed what was needed and then, standing in front of the garage, the door opened in front of them. There, inside this garage stood the adventurous RV, where one can go where no traveler had gone before. It was a great sight as Sonic and Tails looked at it, remembering their road trip before.

"It's just as great as it was before, and more." Tails said with a proud smile.

"I'll say!" Sonic said as he ran toward it, climbing in from the driver's side. "It's all set. Let's go, Tails!" He called when he sat down in his chair, holding the keys.

Tails carried Freeway inside, and then he came in with his laptop computer. Freeway made herself at home, resting on the sofa with a good view of a window, and Tails came to the passenger seat, to be next to the driver Sonic the Hedgehog. "We're ready, Sonic." He said.

"Then let's roll!" Sonic said, and with a turn of the key, the RV came to life. Away they went, off and onto the road. They were on their way to find the crew, which were waiting for them.

= = = = =

Traveling on the road, one could find a place with no neighbors, and we now find this with a house just down the street and around the corner, where a certain red echidna with treasure hunting skills lived. Those hunting skills came in handy that morning for him to find his supplies, which he had in the basement. He emerged from the dark place, out into the world of the morning light. He pulled the suitcase out, setting it down on the ground with a sigh of relief.

"Whew! At last, I got this hippo out where I need it." He said to himself. "I've got everything packed, I'm ready to go out into the unknown, but where on the road is that hedgehog?"

Before he could answer his own question, the RV was heard, honking behind him. The red echidna turned around to see the RV with his friends inside. He remembered it.

"Hey, Sonic, over here!" Knuckles called and he ran toward the RV with his suitcase.

"Come on in, Knuckles." Tails welcomed him in with an open door.

"How nice, thanks." Knuckles stepped inside, looking to see that it was the same. "Well, here we are again, huh? It's really happening as we thought it would. That is amazing." He said.

"Don't count your tires before they flat." Sonic said, "We just got started."

"I know, that's what makes it so great." Knuckles grinned. "This is going to be good."

"Very good." Tails added. "I can hardly wait till we're all ready and set to head out."

"Next stop is Shadow." Sonic said as he began to drive again. "I wonder if he's ready yet…"

= = = = =

At this very moment…

"I have been ready before dawn, but he still hasn't shown himself…" Shadow the Hedgehog said while standing with his arms crossed, and his lone suitcase was next to him. He stared down at the road but nothing came. "I guess he was just a normal hedgehog after all." He sighed.

Just then, he opened his eyes when he heard an engine roaring down the road. He saw it and it was unmistakable. It was the RV. Shadow turned and gripped his suitcase by the handle, standing ready as the RV came to a stop beside him. Sonic opened the driver's window.

"Shadow, we're ready and waiting! Come in and we'll hit the road!" He called.

"I've been ready and waiting when you were most likely trying to find your sneaker or something silly like that." Shadow snorted, and then Sonic gulped, wondering how he knew. After everyone was safe inside, Sonic began driving the RV again. Its wheels turned, calling for an adventure.

= = = = =

At the park, near the apartment building, the girls of the team waited for the RV to arrive. Amy Rose, Tikal and Rouge the bat were found waiting for them. Of course, the RV always came on time and that morning was no different. When the sound of the engine was heard down the road, Amy Rose stood up, looking. There it was, no doubt about it. Tikal waved her hand to it while Rouge was sitting on her suitcase, looking in her pocket mirror, to make sure she looked perfect that morning. She closed the mirror when the RV stopped on the side of the road.

Knuckles stepped outside the RV with his arms opened. "Now this is camping!" He said.

"Oh, Sonic!" Amy called, and she ran passed Knuckles with a burst of wind. Amy came to the driver's seat, so happy to see him again. "Have no fear, Amy Rose is here!" She said, cheerfully.

"That gives me every reason to fear." Sonic murmured to himself.

Shadow chuckled, but then he stopped when Sonic gave him an angry look.

"What a dump!" Rouge said when she saw the inside of the RV. "I know it needs a girl's touch. That's why you need us, so true." She smiled, and Knuckles shook his head behind her.

"I'll make sure everything is sweet and nice." Tikal said with a smile.

"Just don't put any pink curtains in the back." Sonic said, and then Amy cheered.

"Oh, joy! PINK! Pink, pink, pink!" She clapped her hands, very happy.

"What? Where's the pig?" Tails asked, looking up from his laptop computer screen.

"No, pink." Amy corrected, and then Tails shrugged as he returned to his computer.

Shadow rolled his eyes while sitting in the passenger seat. "This is a weird start."

"Hey, it's gotta start somehow, someway." Sonic reminded him.

"At least we're together." Amy giggled, and then Sonic moved away slightly, sweating.

Then Knuckles came in with the last needed suitcase. It was a heavy journey for the echidna. "Man, why on earth do girls pack so much?" He asked while catching his breath.

"We have to pack what you always forget to take along." Tikal answered, simply.

"Yeah, you'll find out sooner or later that even a handkerchief can come in handy." Rouge told him, but Knuckles shook his head with disagreement.

"What are you up to, Tails?" Amy asked, sitting beside him on the sofa.

"I'm making a road plan for the journey, using my laptop computer," Tails explained, "It's always important to know your surroundings, so this map will be very useful."

"Are you guys buckled and ready to go?" The driver Sonic asked his crew.

"YES!" Everyone answered with excitement, and then away they went, traveling. Now the Sonic crew was on the road again, and their adventure goes something like this song…

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again,
And I can't wait to get on the road again.

On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be turnin' our way
And our way
Is on the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be turnin' our way
And our way
Is on the road again

Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again
And I can't wait to get on the road again

[Song by Willie Nelson]