Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ On the Road Together ❯ Mouse Trap ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 7: Mouse Trap

Sonic the Hedgehog woke up to the sound of wind outside a window of the RV. It was moving, but he was not driving. He sleepily sat up and then he saw Shadow asleep on the sofa, holding an empty mug that used to have coffee in it. So, Shadow was not driving the RV either.

"Then who?" Sonic spoke his thoughts, standing up. "Who drove us out here?"

"Oh, that would be me," a voice with a Russian accent answered from the driver's chair.

"Metal-2," Sonic said, smiling. "Hey, where are we now?" he asked Tails.

The fox was looking at a map on his laptop screen. "At this moment, we entered Florida."

"Cool!" Amy said happily. "That means we can go visit the beach. That'll be fun!"

"Yeah," Rouge agreed. "But there should also be some treasure hunting sites around."

Knuckles opened his eyes, leaving his sleep. "Treasure? Where?" He asked.

"Wait," said Tikal, and then she asked, "What if that storm is still following us?"

"Negative," Metal-2 told the others. "We're clear of bad weather for now."

"That's great!" Freeway cheered, and then she giggled at the snoring Shadow.

"Let's stop in the next town to plan our next tour," Sonic said, and Metal-2 nodded.

"And we have new film now," Amy reminded everyone, smiling.

"Hey, hey," Rouge whispered to the girl hedgehog. "Take a snap shot of Shadow."

"But he's sleeping," Amy whispered back after looking at him.

Rouge winked her eye. "I know, that's what makes it worth a shot."

"Okay, I'll try," Amy said quietly, taking her camera. She silently approached the sofa, careful and quiet as a mouse. She pointed the camera, took a picture, and the flash woke him up.

"Save the hedgehogs and children first!" Shadow shouted, and everyone looked at him.

Amy quickly hid the camera, blushing while Shadow rubbed his sleepy eyes.

"It was only a dream, Shadow," Sonic said to him. "Look, we're in Florida now."

Shadow blinked, looked out the window, nodded, and then he gasped when he saw Sonic. "Wait a minute! If you're here, who on Earth is driving this thing?!" he asked, surprised.

"Metal-2 took the wheel because you all fell asleep," Tikal explained.

Shadow thought for a moment. "Oh, right, I remember now. That was stunning."

"No stunning!" Knuckles said, backing away from the black hedgehog.

"Knuckles, were you stun by a bee or something?" Rouge asked curiously.

"Yeah, it was the biggest bee I ever saw." Knuckles spoke of Dr. Eggman.

Tails sighed in the front passenger chair, put away the map, and then he watched Metal-2 drive. Metal-2 moved his eyes slightly to look at Tails, and then he returned them to the road, silent. Tails looked out at the road also, thinking. Suddenly, he saw something on the road ahead.

"Metal-2, stop!" Tails said, and the RV came to a complete stop, which confused the others.

"What's up?" Sonic asked, walking up to the driver. "Why did you stop?"

"Because he told me to." Metal-2 answered, looking at Tails.

"Sonic, I saw something," Tails said, unbuckling. "It's out there." He pointed at the road.

"Let's go cheek it out," Sonic said, lifting Tails from the chair, and he let him down.

"It could be a trap!" Knuckles cautioned, following Sonic and Tails outside.

Amy took another picture before running outside with Tikal. Rouge jumped out after them and Shadow climbed out the window. He always seemed to take another way to be different.

"And you know it," Shadow said when he landed on the ground, and then he followed Rouge.

Freeway watched from a window while Metal-2 unbuckled, but he remained in his chair. Tails stopped when he saw a turtle in the middle of the road and Sonic laughed when he saw it.

"Hey! This happened before," Knuckles said, remembering. "You think it followed us?"

"Oh, please, Knuckles," Rouge teased. "You don't really believe in a spy turtle, do you?"

"I might." Knuckles grinned at the bat, and she glared at him, which made him sweat.

"Well, let's get this turtle off the road before someone hits it," Sonic said, and Tails helped him.

"How brilliant," Shadow said sarcastically. "What else is ahead of this strange road?"

"I don't know for sure," Amy said. "But something tells me it's going to be a blast."

"Won't a blast hurt?" Tikal asked her, and Amy laughed playfully.

"No, that's not what I meant." Then Amy tried to explain the meaning to the echidna.

"We better head back," Knuckles said, turning to leave, and then Sonic and Tails returned.

"Okay, guys, it's clear. Now with that out of the way, what could possibly--"

"Don't say it!!" Knuckles shouted, but he was too late when Sonic asked what could possibly go wrong, and with Sonic's arms still confidently raised with the question, rain came down.

"You did it again!" Shadow said, shaking a fist, and then he ran for the RV.

"Hurry, run!" Amy took Tikal by the hand and they ran for shelter with Rouge following.

"That happened all the sudden," Tails said, standing in the rain. "There was no signs of rain or reports on the radio." He shrugged, and then he shook the water off before joining the others.

Sonic stood with his arms raised, eyes closed, and then Knuckles poked him. "Hey, come on!"

Then Sonic opened his green eyes. "Rain!" he said, surprised as he ran back to the RV.

"Most unusual," said Metal-2. "Where did this rain come from?"

"The sky!" Freeway answered just as the crew entered the RV for shelter.

"Let's move out!" Sonic said, pointing ahead, and so the RV traveled forward.

"And let's get outta this rain," Knuckles said, drying off.

= = = = =

Meanwhile…

Somewhere behind the RV, miles away in Silver Springs, Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic, and Chaos Zero stared down at a map they found at a nearby gas station. Florida had many roads, plenty of turns with amazing things to see, but one mad scientist could lose a RV quite easily there.

"WHERE did they go?!" Eggman shouted the question, causing Chaos to fall over with surprise at the sudden noise, but Metal stood, unmoved beside the Egg Hornet.

"Unknown, Doctor, but if they're here, they'll surely be found," Metal assured him.

Chaos climbed back to his watery feet. "Um…Metal, may you have a word with me?"

"No! I don't want anything with you!" The robot glared at him. "You failed again!"

"But I think I know where they are," he said, removing his yellow backpack.

"Since when do you think?" Metal asked, not bothering to look at him now.

"Oh, whenever I can," Chaos replied, and then he said, "The RV always looks for fun places, so we should look in all the tourist attractions and stuff, you know, all the exciting places."

"I cannot get excited over anything, except maybe the day the Doctor sells you or something."

"Wait!" Eggman said, throwing the map aside. "I think Chaos has something there…"

Chaos blinked, confused. "I do? Where?" He looked around while Metal shook his head.

"I have that RV right where I want it now," Eggman chuckled, rubbing his hands together. "And besides, with some good bait, they will fall right into my trap." He grinned.

= = = = =

Location: Fruit Land Park, Florida…

Amy Rose took another look outside the window, and to her surprise, it was sunny. "Hey, everyone, the rain stopped!" She said happily. "Now we can enjoy the day."

"Indeed," Shadow smirked; pointing at Sonic, who had his mouth taped closed.

"There, that should do it," Knuckles said, and Sonic glared at the red echidna.

"Where are we now, Tails?" Tikal asked.

"Fruit Land Park," Tails answered with the map. "And according to this, we're very close to Walt Disney World. Since we're here and there's no rain, maybe we should have a look."

"I agree," the driver Metal-2 nodded. "We had enough misses for one day."

Tails gave Metal-2 the directions to get there safely. Sonic remained taped, so he could not speak. Knuckles and Shadow did not want the blue hedgehog to ask anything unwanted again. When they arrived near the theme park, it was very crowded. Metal-2 had to park the RV somewhere on the outside where there was room for it. After another long drive, the RV rested.

"We have arrived," Metal-2 announced, standing up. "Tails, let's go."

Tails nodded, standing also. "Okay, but what about Sonic? He always says go."

Knuckles removed the tape. "Ouch!" Sonic yelped. "Let's go!" Then Knuckles taped it again.

Rouge opened the door and the others followed her outside. It was nice and sunny out. Sonic was very happy to be outside again, and he ran for the park like a wild hedgehog.

"Hey, wait up!" Knuckles shouted, chasing him with Rouge following.

"I can't run that fast," Tikal said, and then Metal-2 picked her and Amy up.

"Hold on!" He said, and the girls did so as the android left the RV behind.

Tails helped Freeway get inside his backpack, and then he flew after Sonic. Shadow made sure the RV was safe and locked before racing after the crew, and so they were on their way. They were unaware that Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic and Chaos Zero arrived there first, and they were waiting for them. Just when the crew arrived, the park was having a parade.

"Oh, everything is so colorful!" Freeway said, poking her head out from Tails' backpack.

"Yeah, the parade is always colorful and musical," Tails explained. "It's pretty neat."

"Hey, look, here comes Santa!" Knuckles pointed at a sled with two reindeer pulling it.

Sonic looked over in the direction, and when he saw the two reindeer, he began to sweat. One looked very much like Metal Sonic, only with a pair of fake antlers on his head, and the other one looked like Chaos with antlers and a glowing red nose. Sonic tried to speak and tell the others, but the tape was too strong. He jumped up and down in front of Shadow, blocking his view of the parade, which annoyed the black hedgehog. Shadow made Sonic stop jumping with his hand.

"If you're having another chilidog attack, you can forget it," Shadow said.

"Mfffffmmmffff!" Sonic said through the tape, closing his eyes tightly.

"They're over there," Shadow pointed toward the park's restrooms, but Sonic shook his head.

"What's wrong with him?" Rouge asked, stepping closer to see.

"Beats me." Shadow shrugged his shoulders. "He's always crazy like this."

Rouge blinked her eyes. "Well, if he starts acting normal then look out."

Amy took a picture, causing Sonic to blink at the flash, and then he rubbed his eyes. The sled turned toward them with Eggman cleverly disguised as Santa in the parade. Freeway giggled, watching. Metal-2 noticed the distress of Sonic, and with his hand, he removed the tape.

"Ow, Ow, Ow!" Sonic yelped, and then he said, "Guys, there's something wrong!"

Then suddenly, Eggman laughed as the sled showed its true form. People ran away, screaming when a robotic hand captured Tikal and lifted her into the air above the sled, which was in fact, Eggman's ship. The crew gasped with shock, and seeing their friend in danger, caused alarm.

"Ho, ho, ho, I got one!" Eggman laughed in the Santa suit. "Now you have to give up, Sonic!"

"HELP ME!" Tikal screamed, trying to kick free, but the hand held her tight.

"Hold on, Tikal!" Metal-2 leaped into action toward her, but then Metal Sonic blocked his way.

"One more move, and she'll be flatter than a pancake!" Eggman threatened.

"Oh, boy! I love soggy pancakes," Chaos chuckled with his red nose still on his face.

"Let her go!" Sonic demanded, trying to reach for a rescue plan also.

Tails quickly thought of an idea. He removed his backpack, let Freeway out, and then he took out his laptop computer. He sent a message to Metal-2 instantly. "Android email," he whispered.

Metal-2 received the message with Tails' idea to blast the robotic arm down to free Tikal. With little or no choice, Metal-2 aimed his blasters at Tikal. Eggman was stunned, and with careful aim, Metal-2 fired. It hit the arm, and yet Tikal was unharmed. She fell out, but then Metal Sonic caught her before Metal-2 could. Sonic was very worried when he saw Tikal being held.

"You've gone too far," Metal said, holding her by one arm and her neck. "Surrender now!"

Silent, Metal-2 saw Amy behind Metal Sonic, holding her hammer. He winked his eye, and after Amy did likewise, she slammed her hammer down on the enemy robot's head. His grip was weakened, and Tikal escaped to Sonic and the others. Metal-2 signaled for Amy to move away, and then he fired on Metal Sonic, sending him into the ship, and then the ship was sent away in smoke and out of sight. Sonic and the others glared at Chaos, surrounding him. Chaos trembled.

"W-wait for me!" Chaos called in a panic, running after Eggman's crashing ship.

"See ya, Rudolph!" Sonic laughed, and the crew joined him. "Is everyone all right?"

Tikal nodded. "I'm fine, Sonic. Thank you all for saving me." She smiled.

"That's what friends are for," Tails said, winking at Metal-2, and he winked back.

"Hey, look!" Rouge pointed at the crowd of people that surrounded them.

"What's all this?" Knuckles wondered.

"My public…" Shadow grinned, making Sonic sigh.

The owner of Walt Disney World found Sonic after hearing what happened. "Mister Hedgehog, thank you for saving not only this park, but its visitors. You and your friends shall be our guests of honor today, no charge." The man smiled, shaking the hedgehog's hand. "Welcome."

"Oh, thanks!" Sonic said, smiling also, and the crew cheered.

For the rest of the day, Sonic and his friends enjoyed a time of good weather in Walt Disney World, free of charge. The rides were thrilling, and dinner was excellent. It was just too bad Metal-2 could not eat, being an android, but he still enjoyed the day with his friends. When night fell down on the land again, Sonic and the others left to return for the RV, their home on the road.