Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Our Insane Lives ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

And here we go again. For the third or fourth time. I wasn't sure I was gonna re-write this, but I figured if Liz could finish MMS, I could finish this. So here it is. (Note: all previous versions were on another site, so it's ok if you don't know what I'm talking about.)
Warning: This takes place somewhere during Sonic X. Meaning it will have Chris. And, unfortunately for all you bashers, I am a Chris fan. Live with it! And the first chapter or two mostly focus on Chris and the OC's. Just chill until i get into the swing of things, kay?
Disclaimer: Sonic belongs to... some Japanese dude. Since I am not Japanese OR a dude, I obviously don't own it. Liz belongs to LZ, Komodo belong to... Komodo... And I own Melanie Coleman. (Known to all my old readers and RP buddies as Mel Suitchi)
Please don't expect frequent updates. Just be happy it's here.
This takes place about a year after the first or second season, so all humans are 13.
Chapter 1: Mel, not Melanie
Chris Thorndyke hated homeroom. It was dull and ultimately pointless. That, and he was stuck next to the two craziest girls in his school, listening to them babble on about paper clips of all things!
Liz and Komodo were definitely strange. They both had brown hair, though Komodo had highlights, and blue eyes. (A/n: I don't remember Komodo's eye color. Did I even know it to begin with?) They were anti-feminists, preferring black shirts and jeans over pink halter tops and mini-skirts. Ok, maybe that wasn't so crazy... But the two girls were completely random, and the only people in their school who hated Sonic the hedgehog. For no reason other than the fact that they could!
Of course, he could've been wrong about that part. Maybe they did have a reason, but he didn't really care. Either way, they were still crazy, and they still hated his best friend.
Today, however, they seemed even more excited than usual. He could here muffled parts of their conversation.
“You sure?”
“It...Coleman...her...”
“Could be...other...”
“Coleman? No...her.”
“Tommy...Robby...”
“Girl...girl.”
...Of course, what he heard made no sense. As usual. Psycho girls.
“Good Morning class!!” His ever-perky teachers voice floated through the room. He was sure the guy was gay, or at least transgendered. (A/N: No offense to gay and transgendered people. If any are reading this. Chris is just stereotyping.) He was so excitable! He was also saying something, and Chris decided he should probably pay attention.
“Today we will be getting a new student. Her name is Melanie Coleman and,” He was cut off by a girl with brown hair, darker than both Liz and Komodo's, and deep blue eyes.
“It's Mel. NOT Melanie. Don't EVER call me Melanie.” Chris thought he saw Komodo elbow Liz in the side.
The new girl seemed to be straight out of a fashion magazine. Her hair, hanging several inches past her shoulders, was styled perfectly, and her clothes were tight in all the right places. She looked utterly disgusted with herself as a few boys let out whistles.
“Yes.. um... right...” Their teacher seemed speechless. No one had ever corrected him like that. “Well, um... Mel... take the empty seat behind Mr. Thorndyke. It's next to the lady in the Led Zeppelin shirt.”
Chris wasn't sure why he needed to be so specific. There was only one empty seat in the classroom.
As their crazy teacher began to take attendance, he turned to introduce himself. “Hi, I'm Chri-”
“Don't talk to me.” She glared at him, before turning to face Liz, who had spun around in her seat, grinning madly. “Can I help you?”
“Well, if it isn't Miss Suitchi.” This remark came from Komodo, on her right, and Chris watched with interest. Who was Suitchi?
Dark blue eyes widened in shock, and then filled with relief and... joy?
“Komodo? LZ?”
“Your English is better than you give yourself credit for.”
“Your mom really DOES dress you funny.”
The comments came simultaneously, and she grinned slightly. “Well, I've been practicing since I was seven... but it's a pretty complicated language. Sometimes I slip into Japanese by accident.”
Chris blinked. She was Japanese? She certainly didn't look it.
“And yeah, I know she does. I tried to get her to let me pick my own clothes, but she seems to think I'm some sort of doll! And she's NOT my mother. Do you have a problem, Mr. Thorndyke?”
He turned crimson as the three girls turned to stare at him, but was saved from answering when the bell rang. “Sorry! Gotta go to first period!” And with that, he was out the door.
X
Not very long, but it's the first chapter. It was more like an introduction.
REVIEW!!