Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Pyramid Sins ❯ Chapter 1: The Call ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pyramid Sins


Author: Alice Marshall copyrights this story; I own the Guardian Emerald and the Amega Sword and any of my other characters.

©2004 Sega Enterprises/Sonic Team copyrights all related Sonic characters.

Brightstarr. By ©2004 The Dark Rose.

God Ecaraous, By ©2004 Kristy

Author's notes: just enjoy this story, it's a bit short.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a dark and warm night in Nimbius city, the Neo Cave 7 nightclub wasn't packed, in the last 2 months the nightclub has had very little business.

A white hedgehog sat alone at one of the tables, he was writing in a brown book that was in his hand, his feet were relaxed on the table, when a shadowy figure moved into his light, he slowly looked up to see Rene standing in front of him.

"Yes" he asked.

She looked at him sat there then shouted "Max, get up and help us" she paused and then she continued in a light sweet tone "Max, please".

Max just looked back at his book, Rene grabbed the book away from him.

"Rene, give that back now" Max replied darkly.

"Oh and what is this book" she ran off with the book, she ran into the ladies toilets and she sat down in a corner and started to read the book, she found that it was Max's journal of his life with the Drakons, the first lot of pages were of Max and Scar, she thought to her self, {I never knew Max and this Scar guy were so close like that, it's like Scar was his father with the Drakons, he grow up with them} Rene was soon lost in reading the journal, that she didn't hear the door to the ladies toilets opened, but when Rene hared footsteps coming close to her she looked up in shock to see Max, he was not happy with her, his eyes blazed scarlet.

He walked over to her and took the journal back "This is mine ok" he said in a dark tone, he turned and held the journal close to his chest.

"Max" Rene started, but Max had left the room, she shank to the floor and held her knees, she looked down and the white floor and whispered to her self "I'm sorry Max, I never knew".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seconds after Max had walked out of the ladies toilets he was hit in the stomach, Max turned to his attacker, his attacker was a drunk red Bull, the bull grabbed Max by his throat, caching him off guard, the bull lifted Max 2 foot up off the ground.

Scarlet who was at the bar, serving drinks, she looked up to see Max in trouble, she immanently jumped over the bar and ran as fast as she could, she jumped up and kicked the bull in the head, who dropped Max, Scarlet kneel next to Max helping him to sit up, "Max you ok" she asked.

Max was holding his throat with one hand, his breathing was hard and fast, he looked at her then nodded, Max turned and looked at the now unconscious bull, "you hit him" Max said weakly to her.

The red bat helped him to stand up, she then said "he was going to kill you" she smiled softly at him.

"Thanks Selina" he smiled at her then said "oh could you tell the others that I'm going to Drak for 3 weeks".

"It's not a problem, Max" Scarlet smiled and walked back to the bar, "be careful" is all she said, she than waved her hand and walked back to the bar.

Max started to walk to the back of the nightclub when he heard Rene's voice calling him; he turned slowly to face her.

"Max, please don't go"

"I'll be back in a couple of weeks" Max replied, he turned and started to walk away.

"Why are you going"? Rene asked, Max stops but didn't looked back.

Rene couldn't see Max's face but if she could it would only show anger, that hatred was not for her but for the Drakons, he tried to clamed himself down he then said "I'll be back soon".

~~~~~~~~~~

Max entered to small hanger which held the two Neo Crew's spaceship's the Firefly and a four-manned ship called the Crossfire, he got in the cockpit, Max went over to the pilot seat and sat in it, when suddenly a green echidna sat down next to him.

"Elk, what are you doing" Max asked her, surprised.

"Coming with you" the green echidna replied, looked at him warmly, "I thought you might like some company".

Max smiled at her "Fine" he replied, he started the small craft and took off.

~~~~~

Max and Elk had been travelling for 5 hours and there was no sign of the Drakon ship that would take them the rest of the way to Drak.

"So" Max said warmly to Elk, he was trying to brake the silence in the small ship, "tell me why you waited to come along with me, you know the Drakons don't like echidnas".

Elk looked at him, "hmmm, Max, why did you and Rene have that fight".

Max looked away for a moment then back at her "she found something that is special to me".

"Oh" the green echidna replied turning to him "and that would be"

"My journal, the only thing that the Drakons let me keep when I was younger" Max replied to her, he looked into her purple eyes.

"Max, did you say that the Drakons were going to take us the rest of the way"

"Yes why?"

"Look!!" Elk said in a panic, she pointed outside.

Outside in space was a large black war attack ship.

"Oh great" Max shouted, he grabbed the pilot controls and turned the Crossfire around, "I'll get us out of here, hold on Elk".

Elk nodded at him and just watched him fly the ship, "Max, there still on our tail".

Max looked at the main screen, {we'll see}, he pulled the controls up, the Crossfire looped up and around behind the black ship and Max fired on the black ship, "Elk-" he paused and looked at the now burning ship.

Elk turned to Max and she noticed the Guardian Emerald glowing a dark grey; she then asked him "Max, are you feeling ok".

He looked at her and replied "of course Elk" he turned his head away from her; his eyes were slowly changing to green {no not now Seraph} he could feel the demon trying to brake free. Max then held his head with one hand to try and clear the memories, he then heard Elk calling his name, and he turned to her "what?" he asked confused.

"Max, the Drakons are here" the green echidna replied, she looked at Max, "are we going too landed on the Drakon warship `Trinity'".

Max nodded and then looked at her "did you say the warship Trinity" Max sighed deeply, "great, of all the ships in the Empire".

Elk looked at him "what is it about this Drakon ship you don't like, Max".

Max smiled at her "it's Captain".

The Crossfire flow into the cargo bay of the warship and no sooner had it of laded a welcome party was their waiting for them.

"Oh and why is that" Elk asked as the two walked out of the Crossfire and down the corridors of the warship Trinity.

Max said nothing as the two entered the brigade, standing with his back turned to Max and Elk was a large Drakon.

He did not turn to them, but he did say, "Welcome back Seraph".

"Thanks Taurus" Max said.

Elk looked back and forth between the two, the crew on the brigade watched the two for a long time until Max moved and stood next to Captain Taurus.

"So tell me Captain, what's been happening within the Empire while I've been away" Max spoke with a voice that Elk had never heard, his voice echoed around the brigade, she stood still with fear, this was a side of him she had not seen before.

Taurus turned to face Max, on his right eye he had a long scar, he looked down at Max, and all he said was "the Empires fine".

Max looked at him with no emotion, "good, tell Emperor Ko-Door that I've brought a friend with me she a guest" he turned to Elk and continued "oh and tell him she's an Echidna"

Taurus looked past him at Elk, he was outraged by Elk's appearance he then grabbed Max and shouted at him "you can't bring an Echidna here".

"She is my guest, Captain" Max's eyes glowed a burning scarlet, "or have you forgotten what happened the last time you didn't obey the Emperor's commands" Taurus removed his hands from Max shoulders fast, "good".

Taurus turned to Elk and said "if you only knew what we trained him for you'll be sorry".

Max turned fast and grabbed Taurus by his neck "I wouldn't if I were you" hate came out of this voice as he spoke, Max then turned to the rest of the crew "if my friend here is hurt in any way while she's on this ship or Drak I'll-" he stopped and let go of Taurus.

"We understand Seraph," the crew cheered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

9 Days later Max and Elk were in the Royal Palace of the house of WAR.

"Seraph, it's so nice to see you again, my old student" Emperor Ko-Door stood up from his thrown and walked over to Max, the Council of the Nine was they're too, Elk followed after Max, he had walked in the thrown room.

Elk stood next to Max and whispered in his ear "Max, please don't go, I really don't like these Drakons".

"I'll never leave you, Elk" he looked at her then back at the room "Emperor Ko-Door and the Council of the Nine" Max looked around the room slowly, he then said "listen to me, the war with the Psychic's is over, it ended 6 years ago with the signing of the peace talks, but still you want to fight us".

One of the Council of the Nine stood and shouted Max "the war with Psychic's is never over, we attack your kind once and we won, you'll do it again".

Elk put her hand on the table and screamed at the Council member, "Yes I now, you killed my mother on that day".

Max looked how outraged Elk was he didn't really know a lot about Elk, she had lost a lot of her memory 6 years ago, the only think she really remembers is seeing her mother's lifeless body on her, Max found and helped her by making her a member of the Neo crew.

A Council member from the house of Magic that wore a dark violet cloak stood slowly "my dear, we do not wish to fight now, Dephius and Drak are friend now"

Max looked away from Elk and said, "Oh, is that isn't really true, is it Flex".

The now named Drakon stood up and Flex shouted at Max "that's out of ORDER Seraph".

Max slammed his hands down on the table and shouted back at Flex "YOU CAN'T ORDER ME AROUND ANY MORE".

At the head of the table was the leader the Council of the Nine stood and he shouting in anger "silence"

Shortly after another Council member stood up, this one wore a dark blue hooded cloak, Max looked up at this one for a long time, the hooded figure walked slowly over to where Max, Elk and the Emperor stood.

Emperor Ko-Door started to smile wildly; "Oh" Emperor said he turned back to Max.

Max stood frozen on the spot "Scar!!" his voice choked with sadness.

Elk looked at Max, she was a bit confused.

The hooded figure then slowly removed his hood and standing in front of them was a highbred wolf/tiger, he then put his hand on Max's right shoulder and said "my old student and friend"

Now Elk was totally confused, {this guy was Max's old teacher} she thought.

Max was still in shock meanly to do with that fact that his old teacher was standing in front of him now, "how did you-" was all he could make out, the pain of losing his teacher all those years ago was too much for him back then, Scar acted more like a father to Max than a friend or teacher.

"How did I live you ask," Scar finished what Max was about to say, "do you remember what happened that day".

Max looked down at the ground and nodded with sadness.

((((((((((((((Flash back)))))))))))))))

6 years ago missile hit the base and exploded, Max was sent fly up agnate a wall, he looked around the base to see the Drakon solders in the get hit by falling rock and metal, Max then realised that Scar no where to be seen and he yelled his teachers name over and over.

After hours of looking around the beaten base, he then saw his teacher's lifeless form on the ground.

Having injury himself Max limped over to Scar's still form; "Scar" he said weakly, another missile hit the base and exploded, a peace of falling rock hit Max's head hard and he fall unconscious.

((((((((((((((End of flash back))))))))))))))

"So how did you survived all this time" Max asked again after remembering how he lost Scar the first time.

Scar looked at him then said, "My old friend, shortly after you were taken by the chameleon army, I woke, I had only been hit by a laser in the right shoulder soon the Drakons returned for me and I feared you lost".

"Well I'm ok" Max smiled "it's sure good to see you again, but your timing couldn't have been at a worst time".

"And why is that" Ko-Door asked looking at Max oddly.

"The Metallic's" Max spoke their name with rage in his voice " they've kill a lot my friends".

"Yes, the Metallic's have also attacked the colonies on the outer broads of our space" Ko-Door replied, he then looked at Max and Scar, "but now that I have my best worries back".

"Sorry Emperor, I'm not working for you or the Empire again" Max said, he held his hands up "I have my team now".

"Well at these stay for a few days" the Emperor said.

Scar walk up to Max and said "Max, while you and your friend are staying I have something to show you two", he looked back at Ko-Door who just nodded in agreement.

~~~~~~