Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Ruthless ambition ❯ The Escape ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER> I do not own Sonic, Tails, Knuckles or whoever I use for this story. They Belong to SEGA. Flare is my character, I do own him.

(In case you've been wondering, in this chapter you will get a detailed description, and find out why my echidna is called Flare.)

Official Chapter 1. The Escape

Flare smiled. He could hear a loud blaring noise which could mean only one thing. The Door would be opened. He braced himself against the corner opposite the door and prepared for a glide. As the door slid open he saw first a gun, and then a soldier enter the room. He grinned. This might be easier than he thought. He let out a yell and launched himself from the corner. The guard looked up surprised, as the echidna slammed squarely into his gut. As the guard hit his knees, Flare kicked the gun out of his reach and pulled his arm back to backhand him squarely in the face, however, as he clenched his fist a blade sprang from the attachment on his arm. He unclenched his fist as the blade became white hot, and it retracted to were it came from. Recovering, from his shock he kicked the groggy guard in the face and stepped into the hall. He looked left and right trying to figure out which way would lead him to freedom. He chose the path to his left and when he heard someone coming he ducked into the closest room and bolted the door. The solders ran blindly past the room, and Flare had a chance to study his surroundings. He noticed two things right off the bat. First, he was in a supply room of some sort, second, there was a metal grate in the floor in a corner, halfway under a box. Thinking quickly he began to search the room for anything that might be useful. He picked up a satchel and began to fill it. He stuffed in some MREs he found in a crate, some rope, a few dollars he found, and a long coat he found in a locker. In the last locker he found a hat( official Indiana Jones reproduction the inside label read ) which he crammed on his head as he headed for the corner. The sound of people running through the hall alerted him of his limited time, and he moved the box, lifted the grate, and jumped down the hole.

~~~

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S GONE?!", the scientist yelled in furry. "300 ARMED PERSONNEL IN THIS FACILITY AND YOU COULDN'T STOP ONE 40 POUND ECHIDNA?!" The orderly winced as a spray of spittle flew from the enraged geneticists mouth. "N-n-n-no s-s-sir, he seemed to vanish." The scientist slammed his hand down hard on a control panel, sending sparks everywhere. "Now were gonna have to get the police involved in this. He can't be allowed to get away from us, do you understand me?!" The orderly could only nod his head, as he watched his superior move to another computer and begin to type.

~~~

Life was going on as usual in Station Square. People were going on as usual, and nobody seemed to notice the echidna crawl out of the sewer grate and scale a building to the roof. Suddenly the video screen in the middle of the square came to life. "Attention all citizens of Station Square, be on the lookout for an escaped criminal who evaded police earlier this afternoon. Suspect is described as follows, a male echidna, with light grey fur, and orange sneakers. Coloring of the tips of his quills resemble fire, suspect may also be wearing a silver gauntlet on his right arm. Consider him armed and dangerous. Thank you citizens, return to your normal activities." With that the screen was replaced with a picture of flare and a steady glowing red phrase. WANTED, DEAD OR ALIVE.

~~~

Flare flexed his arm, watching the strange blade move in and out. Once he got used to it he clenched his fist and set to work cutting the excess off of the long coat. When he was done he put it on, and stepped back to admire himself in a pool of water that had collected on the roof. It wasn't exactly a good disguise, but at least it was something. He packed his things back up and was ready to move when he felt something. Sensed something coming. It felt strangely familiar. He remembered a glowing jewel he had held once, long ago. It was the same feeling, he had now, only this energy was coming from a living thing. He heard a loud boom, and ran to the side off the building. All he saw though was a faint blue glowing trail. One word came into his mind, and he said it without realizing it. "Chaos". With that a huge thunderclap split the sky, and it began to rain. He was glad for the hat and coat now, even if they weren't much of a disguise they protected him from the weather. He could still feel the life forms energy from the north, so he headed that way, not really knowing why. If nothing else maybe this blue creature could help him get home, back to the forest. The Temple. His People.