Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sabrina's Adventure 3: The Journey of Sin ❯ A New Problem ( Chapter 20 )

[ A - All Readers ]
In the capital city, several officers entered the president’s office. The few guards from the prison quickly saluted to the president. “Mr. President! Sabre has escaped the prison! We have been ambushed by Knuckles the Echidna and another unknown person in disguise…” The president quickly held his hand up, making the guard go silent. “Bring me the Commander immediately…” The guard looked slightly shocked, but obeyed his order. “Yes Mr. President!” They all saluted and left the office.

Back near the village, Sabrina and the others have arrived, walking into the palace. Christina and Tails were helping to tend the wounded villagers from Slash’s Chaos curse. Sabrina quickly ran to Tails. “Tails! We need your help!” Tails quickly turned to her. “Sabrina! What happened?? You look all shook up…” Sabrina was weak, barely able to keep on her feet. “Tails, Slash got our emeralds, he has six of them now…” Tails and Christina gasped. “What??” Sabrina tried to sense for emeralds, but she was too weak. “I can’t sense the last emerald anywhere…” Christina could feel a chaotic energy moving at a slow pace. “Sabrina, I can feel the emerald’s energy…it’s in the forest!” Sabrina quickly perked up, also starting to feel the radiant energy. “Hey you’re right! But…we won’t be strong enough if Slash comes around again, we need your help, Sonic and Speedy are badly hurt and can’t fight…” Tails and Christina thought for a moment, then got an idea. Tails quickly ran out of the room and came out with Sakura. “Sakura, we need you to watch over the village while we help Sabrina find the last chaos emerald.” Sakura felt nervous and scared. “I guess so…I’m just afraid you will get killed…” Christina walked to her. “Don’t worry Sakura, it won’t be very long, then this battle will finally be over…” Sakura felt better and smiled: “Thanks mom, I’ll do my best.” Christina smiled and walked back to the others. They all walked out of the palace, and scattered across the forest.

Back in the forest, Sabre was sitting in a large tree, too much in pain to keep walking, due to the injury in his foot left from the sharks. He was able to stop the bleeding, but he lost so much blood he was feeling lightheaded. Sabre suddenly heard a loud clanging sound, then a light rustle. He looked below to see a small squirrel, tumbling out of what looks like an abandoned building. The little rodent scurried away, very quickly. The building looked somehow familiar to Sabre. He jumped down, groaning a bit in pain, and slowly walked towards the wreckage. There was a large hole in the walls of the metallic structure. Sabre slowly stepped inside, looking around at the familiar machines and objects. “This place looks…so familiar…” He said quietly in the dark room. In the shadows, he was unaware of a small pair of glowing red eyes, watching his every move. The eyes hissed silently, catching Sabre’s attention. The hedgehog quickly turned around, watching the eyes. The unknown creature kept hissing, becoming louder and louder each second. There was a sudden clanging behind him, Sabre quickly turned around, seeing a second pair of eyes in the shadows. He started seeing more and more appear right before his eyes. Suddenly Sabre was lunged at by one of the creatures, knocking him down. Sabre quickly gets back up, unhurt. “Who are you?” He waits for a response, but he can hear nothing but hisses and snarls. Another creature lunges at him, Sabre ducks, avoiding the attack. Suddenly there is a shriek coming form the entrance of the building. Aleena is standing there, surrounded by the creatures, which looked like snakes, and only as high as her waist. Sabre gasped. “Aleena!!” The cat quickly leaped over the creatures, losing her balance in the land, but was luckily caught by Sabre. “Sabre! A heard a sound and…” Sabre quickly responded. “I know, the same things happened to me.” Aleena looked at the glowing eyes. “Agh! What are those things??” Sabre backed away with her. “ I don’t know, but let’s find out!” He reached out and swiped one of the creature, realizing his hand went right through it. What?!” He looked at the creature, it multiplied into two. “No…” The two creatures lunched at him, pinning him down with dozens more of them. The force of the tackle knocked the yellow chaos emerald out of his hand, it was thrown into what looked like a power core. Aleena gasped. “Sabre!!” The creatures suddenly flew out in all directions, then regrouping and moving towards the power core. Sabre slowly got up, feeling weakened, noticing the emerald is gone. “The emerald! Where is it?” Aleena pointed. “It went in there, and the creatures are going after it!!” Suddenly there was a blinding flash that lasted for a few seconds before retreating back into the core, but the core was no longer there. In it’s place there was a giant, absorbing the chaos emerald’s energy. On the monster’s back was the symbol of Dr. Eggman. Sabre gasped. “No! Now I know what they are! Those are one of Dr. Eggman’s genetic projects, the Nanoworms! They’re supposed to absorb the energy of chaos emeralds and transform into Nanobots and reek havoc among the cities!! We got to stop them!” Aleena hid behind him. “How can we? They destroyed the power core, we can’t use the computers to find the drawbacks!” The giant Nanobot suddenly roared loudly, shaking the entire forest. This caused both Sabre and Aleena to lose their balance and fall, also causing some trees around them to start falling. One of the huge cedar trees was falling right on them. “Watch out!!” Sabre quickly pushed Aleena out of the way of the tree, but was not quick enough to get himself out of the way. The tree crashed down onto him. “SABRE!!” Aleena quickly ran over, trying to move the giant trunk, but the tree never budged. “No!” The giant Nanobot was walking away, directly towards Paradise City. There was a sudden movement coming from under the giant tree. “Huh?” Aleena cautiously backed away. Sabre slowly was lifting the tree over him, moving it to the side, limping as he slowly crawled out. “Sabre!!” The hedgehog coughed, feeling crushed by the tree, slowly getting to his feet, panting for air. Aleena quickly ran to him and stared in wonder. “Impossible! How could you do that??” Sabre regained his breath. “Dr. Eggman…he genetically enhanced my strength and endurance with the chaos emeralds…” Aleena could still feel the rumble coming from the Nanobot stomping towards the large city. “We have to stop that Nanobot!!” Sabre started walking in the destruction, piles of fallen trees and earth. “Then we will! Come on!” He started running towards the city. “It has the chaos emerald, so we have to stop it before Slash sees it!!” They both started running toward the city…

Sabrina and the others are just arriving in Paradise city, when they suddenly hear a rumble. Sabrina stopped walking. “What’s that rumble??” Everyone else looked around. Tails saw a giant dark figure and gasped. “Ahh!! Over there!!” Everyone gasped at what they were seeing. At the same time Slash ran past them, not bothering to fight them. Sabrina watched as he ran away. “That was Slash!” Tails noticed something. “Sabrina look!! That monster is following Slash! It must be a minion of his or something!!” Sabrina nodded. “You might be right Tails, let’s follow him!” Everyone nodded and started running after Slash…