Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sabrina's Adventure 3: The Journey of Sin ❯ True Origins ( Chapter 23 )

[ A - All Readers ]


"W-What??"
The guardian hedgehog was in disbelief, unable to understand what he said. "My life giver...?"
"Yes...," The dark creature hissed, his body giving off a black aura. "I have given you, Obsidian, life...",
"NO!!" Suddenly, Obsidian appears in between the the hedgehog and echidna. She walks toward Sabrina, an expression of grief and sorrow across her face.
"Sabrina, allow me to explain this..."

The guardian soul taps her staff onto the ground, causing the scenery to instantly change. Sabrina gasps as she stands in front of the altar, full of life as tribal echidnas guard the entrances, carrying their weapons. For some reason, they were on an unusually high guard, looking everywhere into the sky, trees, and ground.
"Keep a close eye out, he could strike at any time!" One warrior shouts to his comrads. All of them nodded, gripping their spears tightly.
Sabrina noticed an ominous looking cloud in the distance, flashing red with energy. "What is that...?"
The hedgehog decided to go check it out. She quickly darts out of the temple area, and runs through the thick Mayan forest, only at normal speed; she has not yet regained her abilities. She finally stops at the edge of the forest, blinded by a bright red light. "Ah!"
Once she regains her focus, Sabrina looks closely, there is a small altar; on top, a dark red echidna stands, glowing brightly with a red aurora, his staff trembling with energy as it fuels the red beam going into the sky. Sabrina looks into the sky, noticing that the black cloud is rapidly spreading. "It's him...but what is he doing??"
The echidna growls as he kneels down, trying to get as much energy as possible. He grips tightly at the staff. "I almost...have it....!! Rrragh!!" The demon screams as he gives one last burst of energy, the ground now trembling, red lightning flashing from the black clouds. All of a sudden, red lightning races down and strikes the echidna's staff, it's charms ringing as energy pours into it. A bright light suddenly covers the area, blinding Sabrina. "Ahh!!" She covers her eyes, feeling dark energy radiating from the light.

When the light finally recedes, Sabrina quickly looks back at the altar. In the staff's place, is a unclothed female black hedgehog, kneeling in front of the echidna. "Finally..." The black hedgehog looks up at him, a blank expression on her face.
"Obsidian will be your alias, your purpose is to aid me..." Suddenly, the black hedgehog collapses. "What??"
The echidna, kneels down, pulling up the hedghog by her arm. "This creature has no soul! Without the soul of a guardian, this hedgehog will be of no use to me!" The echidna growls in frustration. "Giving you a piece of my soul, what a waste!! Oh...." Suddenly the demon grew a wicked smirk. "Perhaps there is a way to retrieve such a soul..." He looks down at the hedgehog, chuckling. She looks up at him, looking into his eyes blankly.

Sabrina gasps in disbelief. "It's true..."

The scenery changes once again, this time to a large village, nearly the same size as the echidnan empire. In the center stood a statue of a golden fox, covered in precious jewels. "...Christina...?"
Suddenly, several fox villagers run past and through her, to a large palace. "Is that...?" Sabrina runs behind them, going inside.
"Crystal! Crystal!! We have been attacked!"
In front of them stood a beautiful golden fox, holding a staff similar to Obsidian's in her hand. "Who is it that attacked you?"
"It was the demon echidna, Sin! He has already slaughtered one of our fellow villagers!"
"Hmm...Take cover, I shall take care of this demon..."
The villagers nodded, quick running to their homes.
The guardian fox suddenly vanished, behind, a multicolored aurora covered the village, protecting it.

The demon appears nar the entrance to the village, chuckling as he sees the aurora. "Seems she already detects my presence." He walks up to the aura, walking into it. The second he touches it, the aura suddenly dissipates. "Such weak powers, but a powerful soul..." Suddenly an arrow shoots past him, one missing him and hitting a tree, the other pierces his hand, causing Sin to do nothing but grin. "Crystal my dear, have you forgottten that your elements cannot near compare with mine?" He suddenly grips the arror from the tree, filling it with his own energy, and throwing it back at the fox guardian. It misses, but hits a tree, instantly killing it. The guardian uses her life element to revive the tree, giving care to everything in the village. "What do you want?"
The echidna hissed, knowing he has a clear advantage over her. "Your soul..." Suddenly, he throws out his pierced hand, the arrow shooting out at lightning speed, and hitting Crystal in the heart. "Uhhn!" The dark energy is too strong for her, she cannot fight against it. She collapses, paralyzed by Sin's powers. "Such easy prey shouldn't give up so easily..." He walks up to her, kneeling down and placing a hand on the sapphire emblem on her chest. His hand glows white as he starts absorbing the soul from her. When he had only half of her soul, Crystal suddenly lashes at him with a short spear, which had a diamond arrow infused with her energy. "AAAGH!!" Sin jumps back, critically weakened by that attack. "Nnnngh! I already have enough soul from you...." With that he vanishes into the dark forest. Crystal, feeling extremely weak, tries to recover herself, but she has lost too much of her soul. "No...."

"Crystal!!" Several villagers run to her, pulling her up to her feet. "You are weak..."
The fox looked up and growled. "Sin was too powerful for me, I can no longer protect the emerald..."
"Crystal....no...!"
"Allow me to perish...the emerald imbedded in my spirit will protect you as long as there is a reincarnation somewhere..."


The scene suddenly fades back to the present. "I am so sorry..." Obsidian slowly says.
"It's not your fault, it's all because of Sin..." With that she glares back up at the dark echidna. "I'm going to make you regret this!!"