Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sabrina's Adventure ❯ The Ultimate Sacrifice ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







Last time on Sabrina's Adventure...

Sabrina,Sabre,and Dr. Eggman had taken off in a space shuttle towards the Space Colony ARK.During the trip,Sabrina attacked them,Sabre used the shock restraint button to subdue her,but Sabrina used her chaos energy to endure the electric shock.When she wasn't looking,Sabre pushed her out of the space shuttle,she fell to Earth,but she got caught by Super Shadow.He and Super Sonic had transformed with the chaos emeralds they stole from Eggman's space shuttle in order to get to the Space Colony ARK.Super Sonic went into outer space to stop Eggman and Sabre from firing the Eclipse Cannon using the Master Emerald that Sabre stole from Angel Island.While Super Sonic was looking for an entrance into the space colony,Sabre started firing the cannon at Super Sonic,he kept dodging the beams of energy,until Sabre accidentally fired one at Earth.Super Sonic and Super Shadow flew towards the beam to keep it from hitting Earth and shattering it into pieces.

It's the race to save planet Earth!






Super Sonic raced against the giant beam of energy. He saw Super Shadow approaching,he was also flying towards the beam. "Shadow,help me stop this thing!" Super Shadow got next to Super Sonic and raced toward the giant energy beam. "CHAOS CONTROL!" The two super-hedgehogs disappeared and reappeared in front of the beam.They held their hands out,the powerful beam made contact with their hands,they were pushed back,they managed to slow the beam down. "Push,Shadow!" They started pushing against the beam,it slowed down even more,suddenly,the beam started getting stronger. "Sonic! The cannon is backfiring!" Super Shadow was right,pulses of stronger energy went into the beam,pushing the two back.Super Shadow started feeling weak. "Sonic,I can't hold on much longer,the beam is too strong!" Super Shadow was struggling to keep pushing,but the energy was too much for him.Suddenly,the two hedgehogs and the beam started entering the Earth's atmosphere.



Sabrina,Amy,and Knuckles were watching from below them. "Oh-no! We're doomed!" Amy cried out.Sabrina didn't say anything,she just stood there and watched. "Maybe,maybe not." Sabrina said in whispers. "What do you mean,Sabrina?" Knuckles asked,confused. "Didn't you say that my black chaos emerald is more powerful than the other 7 combined and is equally as powerful as the Master Emerald?" Knuckles was still confused. "Yeah,and?" Sabrina clenched her fist,making a black arora form around it. "Well,maybe if I use my chaos energy to go against that beam,I may be able to stop it! Do you think that would work?" Knuckles got a thought. "Sabrina! This is a life threatening situation here! If you try it,even if you do succeed,it will cost you your life!" Sabrina thought for a moment. "I don't care if I do die,it is my mission to avenge my parent's death! I have to do this!" Before Knuckles could react,Sabrina ran to the area the beam was going,she ran over the ocean as fast as she could,she was heading for Eggman's abandoned island.




Super Sonic and Super Shadow were getting lower and lower,suddenly,Super Sonic looked down and saw Sabrina running across the ocean. "What?Sabrina? Sabrina,no! Go back!" Sabrina made it to the island and saw Super Sonic and Super Shadow. "Sonic,Shadow! Let go!" Super Shadow screamed at Sabrina. "Sabrina! What are you doing? Get away,now!" Sabrina didn't listen,she just stood there,she clenched her fists as hard as she can,a dark,thick arora formed around her fists,she tensed up all her muscles,the arora spreaded to her whole body. Super Shadow got the idea and backed away from the beam.Super Sonic started getting weaker. "Sonic,get away now!" Super Sonic looked down and saw Sabrina with the black arora around her body. "What's in the world is that?" Super Shadow suddenly pushed Super Sonic aside and pushed the beam away from the ground.He was able to push it away far enough to say something to her. "Sabrina! What are you doing?" Sabrina tensed up even more. "Stand aside,Shadow! I have to do this,for my parents,for everyone!" Shadow remembered the story she told him.Tears started to form in his eyes. "S-Sabrina,I--" Before he could finish his statement,he let go of the energy beam. The giant beam flew down to the ground,it flew directly at Sabrina.With a few seconds to spare,Super Sonic and Super Shadow used chaos control to send them high into the sky.



Sabrina braced herself for the impact,she put her chaos energy to her fullest,she held her arms up high,the giant energy beam hit her hands,she was instantly pushed hard into the ground,she creamed in great pain. "RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" She managed to gain control of her powers,a giant ball of black energy surrounded her.She started pushing against the giant green energy beam,which got stronger,Sabrina tensed up to her fullest.Super Sonic and Super Shadow lowered themselves down onto the island.Both hedgehogs returned to their normal stages and ran towards Sabrina. Shadow got to her first and tried to talk her out of it. "Sabrina! Don't do this! I don't want you to go!" Sabrina was barely able to talk. "SHADOW! DON'T TRY TO STOP ME! IT IS MY MISSION TO AVENGE MY PARENT'S DEATH ON EGGMAN! SONIC,SHADOW,YOU NEED TO GO NOW!!!!!" Sonic and Shadow sadly nodded. "Ok." Shadow grabbed one of the chaos emeralds and used Chaos Control to transport thenselves back to Station Square.Sabrina concentrated back to her chaos emerald,she lost control of the energy,the black ball of energy grew bigger and stronger each second.Sabrina was lost in great pain,she then was able to regain control and got much stronger,she suddenly let out a scream of pain and anger."NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" The ball of black light exploded,the green energy beam suddenly retreated back to it's source,the space colony ARK.A giant white ball of light surrounded her.



On the space colony ARK,Sabre noticed the danger. "Doctor,we need to leave now!" Sabre pulled the Master Emerald out of the energy port and ran to an escape pod,the pod took off,leaving Eggman behind. "NOOOOOO!!!!!" But it was too late,the backfired energy flew back at the space colony and hit it,destroyed it.Sabre managed to escape the explosion,his pod headed towards Earth.




Back in Station Square,Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Amy,and Shadow watched in horror as a loud explosion was heard,one from the island,and one from the sky. "No! Sabrina!" Shadow fell onto his knees and tears started flowing down his cheek.The giant ray of green light was gone,Sonic saw a small pod fall through the sky and land in the ocean.The sun started to rise,Tails got in the Tornado and started it up. "C'mon guys! We need to see if Sabrina's okay!" Sonic,Amy,Shadow,and Knuckles hopped in and the bi-plane took off towards the island.



When they caught sight of the island,there was no island at all,they saw only a small piece of land poking out of the ocean.They flew closer and couldn't believe what they all saw.There was Sabrina,she was standing,but she was somehow turned into solid stone.There was a small stone plaque on the base of the stone girl that held the black chaos emerald,shining with a gleaming light. The next day,Sonic and all his friends had a funeral on that same piece of land,everyone put roses,cards,candles,and flags by that statue.Everyone cried that day,showing their feeling to her,they all told stories about the good times they had with her,all the laughs,all the adventures.After everyone left later that day,Shadow decided to stay behind.He sat by that statue the rest of that day,he thought and he thought,until he decided to leave the island,before he did,he put his hand on the black chaos emerald ,when he did,the emerald started to glow,then Sabrina's voice came into his mind. "Shadow?" Shadow kept his hand on that emerald for hours. "Sabrina.I am sorry.I wish you were here right now." Sabrina's voice replied. "Yes.I seek the same thing.But I am happy here now." Shadow set a large bouquet of red roses by the black emerald. "I hope you will be happy there,one day I will be there as well.Goodbye Sabrina Hedgehog.We will all miss you dearly." "Syronara,Shadow the Hedgehog.I will miss you all." Sabrina's voice faded away as Shadow removed his hand. He walked off the island slowly and skimmed the water back to Station Square.




ATTENTION!! There is a sequel coming soon!