Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow and Crystal ❯ Maria's adventure Part 1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Shadow and three-year-old Maria were in the backyard. Maria was learning how to walk, she
wasn't doing a very good job though. She had been given a new pair white shoes that looked
exactly like Shadow's shoes.

"Come here, Maria."Shadow said.

Maria stood up and tried to walk over to her father, she wobbled on one foot and then fell down.
Shadow walked over to his daughter, she started to cry.

"It's okay, Maria."Shadow said.

"You're not mad at me?"Maria asked.

"Of course not! Since when have I ever been mad at you?"

"*sniffle, sniffle* Never."

"What do you say we get something to eat?"Shadow asked.

"YEAH!"Maria replied, her big, blue, glassy eyes shining like diamonds.

Shadow walked back to the house with Maria sitting in his arms. Maria was a very cheerful
hoglet, Shadow never could look at her without seeing either Crystal or Maria Robotnik.

Maria was normally given something simple for lunch, like vegetables. Shadow never gave her
something with artificial sugar in it. After Maria had eaten her lunch, she needed to take a nap.

"Daddy, I wanna be just like you when I grow up."Maria said sleepily while Shadow put her in
bed.

"Well, Maria, I've done many things in my life that aren't worth doing."Shadow replied.

"I don't care, you're the greatest person I've ever met."

"Your mother was the only one to ever say that to me."Shadow said.

"I love you, daddy."Maria said sleepily.

"I love you too, Maria."

Shadow stayed at Maria's side until she fell asleep, then he left the room. Shadow felt happy
that his daughter cared for him so much.




Twenty minutes later, Shadow heard Maria crying in her bedroom. He ran into the bedroom and
asked what was wrong.

"I had a bad dream.*whine*"Maria said.

"What happened in the dream?"Shadow asked. He'd never seen Maria so upset.

"Some strange people came to our house, *sniffle* they chased us and they took you away!*loud
whining* I was all alone. DON'T LEAVE ME!!!"Maria started to cry and scream while she held
tightly onto Shadow.

"It's alright, Maria . No one's going to take me away."Shadow said.

Maria's crying eased . She always felt safe with Shadow and believed that they would always be
together, no matter what. Shadow took Maria to the living room and decided to read a book to
her.

"Maria, I'm going to read this book to you. It's called Among the Hidden."Shadow said.

Ten minutes later.

"That's a good story."Maria said.

"Well, I thought you might like it."Shadow replied, Maria had calmed down quite a bit.

"Maria, have I ever told you about your mother?"Shadow asked.

"No, daddy, you havn't. Please tell me."Maria replied.

"Well to start with, her name was Crystal. She was kind and clever, in my point of view, she was the most beautiful creature in the world. She had sapphire blue eyes just like yours but sadly, she died."

"How?"

"Well, she had been badly injured while giving birth to you and only lived fifteen minutes after you were born."

"So... is it my fault she died?"

"No, it's not anybody's fault. Especialy not your fault, after all, could you have stopped yourself from being born?"

"No."

That night, Shadow woke up after hearing the sound of a window being broken. He looked outside and saw a group of men in uniforms with the letters, g, u, n on them.

"Oh, god."Shadow said.

He rushed into Maria's room and picked her up out of her bed.

"Daddy, what's going on?"

"G.U.N is here, we need to get out of here NOW!"

Maria started to shed tears.G.U.N had gotten into the second floor, Shadow and Maria were trapped. Shadow jumped out of the bedroom window and landed safely on his feet. Shadow ran across the backyard and jumped into a grotto, he ran deep into the underground cave.

"Daddy, I'm scared."Maria said.

"Don't be scared, you'll be alright."Shadow replied.

"Stop, or I'll shoot!" A man said.

Shadow ignored the man's warning and continued running. The man pulled the trigger on his gun, but he missed and just skinned his hand, sending Maria flying into the wall. Shadow gripped his hand tightly as two walls of glass came down, he'd been trapped.

"Daddy!" Maria screamed as she toddled over to the glass.

"Go, now. Save yourself, Maria!"Shadow yelled.

"No, I won't leave without you!" Maria replied.

"GO...Now!"Shadow yelled as sleeping gas poured into the glass container."Go... please."

Shadow had colapsed.

Maria saw the men coming for her, she ran (or rather toddled) for her life. She mannaged to dodge the men as they tried to grab her.

"We can't let her get away! Get that hoglet! Whoever catches her, kill her!" G.U.N Comander yelled.

Maria toddled quickly down a hill, on the way down, she got scratched by a rock wich cut her and ripped her black sweat shirt. She continued to run when she flew off the cliff at the end, landing in a bush. Maria could still hear them talking.

"No one could've survived a fall like that!"A man said.

"Let's go."

Maria heard the sound of a time bomb. She knew they were trying to kill Shadow.

"DAAADDDYYY!!!"Maria yelled as something exploded.

It alomst instantly started to rain, Maria crawled under the bush, crying and clutching the cut on her side. It was at that very moment that something happened to Maria, she had gone from being the happiest hoglet in the world to the most sad, depressed being you ever could see. She would never be cheerful again.

This chapter is so long that I have to divide it into seprate parts but don't worry, I'll get it done as soon as I can.
Yramesor Notfarc