Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow The hedgehog ❯ Chapter 1: Controlled Thoughts ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: hello everybody! *waves* this is Soul Beast here with another story for you to enjoy! Or not… Er enjoy whichever one you prefer. Okay no enough of my yapping it's time to start the story.
 
 
Disclaimer: I, Soul Beast do not own anyone of the Sonic the hedgehog universe or any other universes that may end up in this story. I do own the plot and all that other bullshit so don't steal it! Now let's start the story!
 
 
 
 
Chapter 1: Controlled Thoughts
 
 
 
 
In the outskirts of Westopolis a lone hedgehog stood beside a tree deep in thought. Shadow the hedgehog. It's the only thing I can remember and that gruesome image.
 
FLASHBACK
 
 
Shadow and a beautiful young girl are running away in a long hallway. The two seem to be being chased by gun soldiers hot on their trail. Shadow and the girl come inside a room, which there is no escaping from. “Give up the hedgehog and we'll forget we ever saw you!” one of the soldiers said. “Never!” she barked. “Then you leave us no choice.” The soldier sighed, pulling out a pistol. Without another word he fired. The bullet pierced the girl's abdomen, the bullet flying straight through her. In slow motion she began to fall towards the ground. “MARIA!!” Shadow screamed.
 
END FLASHBACK
 
 
Why can't I remember anything? And who is this Maria? Shadow thought. He looked up at the sky and saw black clouds forming around Westopolis. Soon black and red aliens began to fall from the sky, crushing cars and people as they landed. Shadow frowned, turning his back so it would face the city. “I don't have time for these pathetic humans!” he growled and began to walk away. “Shadow…” a voice called. Shadow turned around to face this creature.
 
 
The figure that called him looked exactly like the other aliens except he had no legs. He wore a necklace with shuriken-like stars on it, which almost touched the ground. The mysterious figure also had three eyes instead of two. “Shadow as you can see… the day of reckoning will soon be here. Bring me the seven chaos emeralds as promised!” He said. Shadow just turned his back and began to walk away again. “I don't take orders from anybody! Especially ugly creeps like you!” he hissed.
 
 
The figure flew in front of Shadow, blocking his path. “Move,” Shadow demanded. “Do you know who I am?” the stranger asked. “I don't care who you are! Just get out of the way before I make you! I'm collecting the chaos emeralds for my own reasons!” Shadow demanded. This statement made the stranger angry. “How DARE you!? I am Black Doom, the immortal life form! I could destroy you just by snapping my fingers, and you dare disobey my orders?!” he screamed. Shadow smiled. “If you could destroy me by snapping your fingers why do you need me to collect the emeralds for you? How come you just can't do it yourself?” Shadow asked, his smile growing bigger by the second. “Just find the emeralds and bring them to me!” Black Doom barked, dodging the question.
 
 
“Get out of my sight!” Shadow demanded. “Such bravado for a little hedgehog. The next time we meet you better have at least one emerald!” Black Doom vanished. “Whatever…” Shadow mumbled, turning around and skating off in the direction of the city.
 
 
Later…
 
 
Who is this… Black Doom character? And how does he know me? It doesn't matter. I'm collecting the emeralds for my own reasons. The next time I see him there will be trouble! Shadow thought. He was very close to the city. Only about thirty seconds away.
 
 
“What the hell?!” Shadow whispered. Where did these black creatures come from? They're invading the city. Maybe I should stop them? No maybe I should help them? Yes! Help them destroy these humans! They make me sick! All of them! Shadow thought. He was in the city now. The gun soldiers were being overrun by the aliens. Shadow caught sight of a familiar face. Sonic's here? Probably trying to save the day no doubt! I won't let that glory hog take all the glory! Then I'll destroy him… maybe.
 
 
The onyx colored hedgehog walked his way over to Sonic ignoring the gunfire. “Faker!” he called out. Sonic turned his head to face him. “Hey Shadow long…” he began but Shadow cut him off. “No! Don't give me that “Long time no see” Mumbo-Jumbo bullshit!” he said. Kill him! While he has he guard down. Blow his head off! A voice in his head screamed. Shadow dropped to his knees and began clutching his head in pain. Kill him! Now! Do it. Push him in the fire! While he least expects it! Don't let him get in the way of your quest for the chaos emeralds! The voice screamed in his head. “Shut Up!!” Shadow yelled. “Who you talkin' to?” Sonic asked in confusion. “Run Sonic! Run!” Shadow shouted, clutching his head harder.
 
 
“Why?”
 
“Just do it!”
 
“What's the matter with you Shadow?”
 
“Nothing! Now run before it takes over!”
 
“What the hell is it?”
 
“Shut the fuck up and run!”
 
“Not until you tell me what's going on!”
 
“Hurry before it's too late!”
 
“Before what's too late?
 
“Don't AAARRRRAAAAAGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!”
 
 
Shadow's screams of agony began to get louder and louder as the black parts of his fur turn to a bloody red. His eyes began to become more red than normal. Shadow stood up and sent a cold stare towards Sonic. “What the hell is happening?” Sonic murmured, falling on his rear.
 
 
“Hello Sonic,” Shadow said, his voice echoing so it sounds like someone else's voice is on top of his. “What have you done to Shadow? Tell me now!” Sonic demanded, getting into a fighting stance. “I have done nothing to him. I am merely controlling him!” Shadow said, taking a step closer. “Who the hell are you?” Sonic yelled. “My name is Black Doom! Too bad that you won't be alive long enough to stop me! MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!” He answered. “What do you mean?” Sonic asked in confusion. “Chaos Blast!” Doom yelled, and since Sonic was in the twenty-yard blast radius he got hit and was flung through three buildings. “Foolish hedgehog! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!” Shadow's fur turned back to it's normal color and his eyes also.
 
 
Shadow dropped to his knees panting really hard. “What the hell just happened?” Shadow began to look around him. “Where's Sonic?”
 
 
A/N: in case you haven't already figured it out some of the quotes and cities that were in the game “Shadow the hedgehog” will be in this fic. The rest I made up! Also I'll update my other stories later. See ya!