Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure Remix ❯ Sonic the Hedgehog ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Chapter 3
Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Station Square was a prosperous ocean-side city that was the center of the human's little corner of the world. Station Square was as big as New York City and had lots of skyscrapers and its secondary industry, tourism, was booming. Several hotels had sprung up along the beaches and the new amusement park, Twinkle Park, was providing the tourists with hours of entertainment.
 
It was night now, but the lights of the city kept most of the darkness away. As the evening crowd went about its business none of them looked up. If they had they would've noticed a streak of blue racing alongside the sides of the building. Sonic the Hedgehog was back!!! Stopping at the top of a building, he surveyed the huge city before him.
 
“Oh yeah! This is happening!” he grinned. Just then he heard the sounds of sirens approaching and looking down, he saw six or eight police cars drive by, sirens wailing.
 
“I wonder what's up?” thought Sonic as he raced down the side of the building and chased after the police cars. After all where there was police there was action. And where there was action that was where Sonic needed to be.
 
****
 
Station Square's city hall was not the biggest building in the city, but right now you couldn't miss it because there were a dozen police cars outside. A humanoid figure jumped down from the clock tower above the building and landed on the brick awning above the glass double doors.
 
“You are completely surrounded!” shouted a burly captain with a megaphone as the police officers got into firing positions, “Surrender yourself!” It sounded like he had been waiting half his life to say that. The figure jumped off the awning and landed directly in front of the police forces. But something was wrong with this person. It was made of water! Really!! The creature had two oval emeralds for eyes on an elongated face that ended in two watery tendrils. It stood at an even five feet tall and began to walk slowly towards the police.
 
“Lock on target men! Ready? Fire!” The courtyard was filled with sounds of gunfire as the policemen opened fire with their handguns and semi-automatic shotguns. The creature jerked violently a couple of times and then stepped back. About a hundred spent bullets and spent shot fell out of its liquid body. It stood there staring at the cops for a moment, and then it exploded!
 
It's arms shot forward and slammed through the windshields of the two closest cruisers and exploded the door and windows from the inside.
 
“Oh crap! Fall back me! Retreat!” yelled the captain as the rest of his squad dashed past him. As the cops rushed past the line of squad cars, who should show up but Sonic the Hedgehog.
 
“Hey this could be fun!” he said as he landed on the hood of the ruined police car. The water demon charged forward, its arms shooting towards Sonic, but he leapt of the hood and performed a Spin dash attack and slammed into the demons head. The water demon exploded into a puddle.
 
“What're you gonna do ya big puddle? Drip on me?” taunted the blue spiny one. The creature reformed and began to spin about like a tornado with its arms extended. Sonic just jumped up in the air, rebounded off a flagpole and then exploded the creature again. It reformed again and leapt onto the flagpoles that were placed at the periphery of the courtyard. It jumped from pole to pole, shooting its arms down at Sonic, but he used his speed to dodge each attack. When it landed back on the ground, Sonic exploded it again. This time it didn't reform but started to ooze across the courtyard.
 
“Come on ya big drip! Where ya going?” yelled Sonic. But the puddle simply disappeared down a storm drain. On a rooftop overlooking the city hall, Robotnik watched the whole battle.
 
“You know nothing fool! It's Chaos! The God of Destruction! Hahahahahahahaha!!”
 
****
 
On the other side of the city, inside the train station a new player was about to enter the scene. Jacen the Hedgehog looked around him, deciding where to go. Jacen was a green hedgehog with a `quill-style' similar to Sonic's. He wore white gloves and had the same style shoes. Jacen's were white with a diagonal dark blue stripe.
 
“So this is Station Square huh? So where is that blue nimrod hiding I wonder?” he said as he walked out of the train station. As he walked through the big glass front doors, he saw something that didn't please him. Eggman in his eggmobile shooting across the city.
 
“Hey, that's Eggman!” said Jacen, “I bet he's up to no good! Again!” So, he gave chase. Jacen finally caught up with old blubberbolts in front of the Station Square Casino.
 
“Hey!!! Robozo! Down here!” yelled Jacen. Eggman turned to face him, glaring down from his position in the air.
 
“I don't have time for you worm!” he said.
 
“Yeah? Well guess what blubberbomb, you're gonna make time,” said Jacen as he took a flying leap at Robotnik. Eggman dodged and cried, “Chaos, come forth!”
 
“What the…” said the mean green one as Chaos materialized out of the gloom, “what's up with this dude?' thought Jacen.
 
“DESTROY HIM!!” bellowed Eggman. And so, Jacen did battle with Chaos 0. The fight was just like Sonic's except Jacen went in for more martial arts and acrobatic flips.
 
When he had reduced Chaos to a puddle three times, the creature oozed back into the drain from whence it came. Eggman leered down at Jacen from the eggmobile.
 
“You haven't seen the true power and might of Chaos yet,” he said and with that, he flew off. Jacen glared after him, but inside he was worried about just what exactly Eggman had planned for them this time. Suddenly the need to find Sonic became all the more urgent.