Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventures: "On the road" ❯ Eat and run ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3: Eat and run

After their beach adventure together, Sonic and his team suddenly came to a swamp-like place, foggy and humid in the air. The RV was very low on fuel, so Sonic had to stop to fill up soon. Everyone was worn out anyway. It seemed like forever; the time they saw a road ahead of them and Sonic kept on driving and driving and driving and driving and driving some more, until…

"Sonic!" Knuckles called, "We're low on fuel, we gotta stop or we're sitting ducks!"

"Chill, Knuckles." Sonic said, calmly. "There's a gas station right up ahead."

"That's right, Sonic." Tails told him, holding the map. "We're really close now."

"Yeah, I'm always right." Sonic said, grinning.

Shadow made an angry face at him and then he turned the volume up for his music headphones. The RV stopped and Tails opened the door. The girls entered the gas station to freshen up while Sonic and Knuckles filled the RV with car food called fuel. It was very, very hungry.

"Hey, this thing eats more than you, Sonic." Knuckles teased the hedgehog.

"Stop that!" Sonic yelled, playfully laughing and he chased the echidna around the RV.

Shadow watched them, arms crossed and he shook his head. "Pathetic creatures."

"We're in Alabama, all right." Tails said, as he hit another fly. "There's millions!"

Sonic continued running and chasing Knuckles around the RV until he lost sight of him. He stopped behind the RV, looking around but he did not see anything. He was gone.

"Where did he go?" Sonic asked himself, looking and listening.

"Surprise!" Knuckles laughed, jumping from the RV's roof. He had climbed on top of it and now he caught the hedgehog. "Give up?" Knuckles asked, tickling the blue hedgehog.

"No! No! Never!" Sonic said, and then he laughed harder when Knuckles continued. Finally, Sonic gave up when he could no longer breathe and then Knuckles let him go.

"Sonic, is the RV full yet?" Tails asked him.

"Yeah, I think so." Sonic answered, still catching his breath.

"That'll be a meal it'll never forget." Knuckles said, after Sonic paid the gas bill.

"Next, we need to head out and find a place to eat and then settled down for the night." Sonic said, and then he turned toward the store. "Are the girls back yet?" He asked.

"Nope." Knuckles shook his head, no. "They're still in there, as far as I know."

"How far is that?" Sonic asked; teasing and then he ran before Knuckles could catch him.

"You guys stop fighting for crying out loud. We have to be ready to go." Tails said.

"At this rate, we'll reach the end of our journey in November of 3002." Shadow sighed.

Tails froze with surprise at his words and then the girls returned, ready to go.

"Oh, Sonic, do I look beautiful? Tell me the truth." Amy asked, doing a cute dance in a circle.

"You look the same as always." Sonic replied, climbing into the RV.

Amy smiled, fainting so then Rouge and Tikal caught her, carrying the girl hedgehog inside. Sonic shrugged his shoulders, never to understand girls and then he looked outside his window. He saw a truck parking beside the RV, and it said: Eggman Trucking.

"Oh no! Not again!" Sonic said, gripping the steering wheel.

"It's him again? He just doesn't give up." Knuckles said, pointing at the truck.

"What should we do, Sonic?" Tails asked.

"We leave and avoid trouble but if he ever ruins our vacation again like at the beach, trouble will come to him from me!" Sonic pointed to himself, smiling proudly.

"I'm so scared." Shadow said, not meaning it but in a funny way.

"Don't worry. I'm the driver and I won't let anything happen to you guys, and that includes you, Shadow." Sonic told him, and before Shadow could respond the RV began to move.

Eggman watched the RV leave the area as he filled his truck with fuel. "Those fools are no match for me. I will hunt them down and find that Chaos Emerald, no matter where it will take me!"

= = = = =

Later, Sonic looked at his mirror again but he saw nothing following him. He would still be alert and watch out for any trouble. Now that it was passed suppertime already, the crew was ready to stop and eat in a small town. Sonic stopped the RV and then he turned to his friends.

"We made it into town, so where do you guys want to eat?" Sonic asked them.

"We should use the resources we have here instead." Shadow said, not really answering.

"But we're in town anyway, Shadow. We should save what we have for when we're not." Sonic said, and then he asked, "You guys have any ideas?"

"No, I just have hunger." Knuckles answered, and everyone laughed with him.

"Oh, Sonic! Look!" Amy said, pointing toward a small restraint.

"Papa Luigi's." Sonic read the name of the place and then he grinned. "Sounds delicious."

"Really? What does a Luigi taste like?" Tails asked, curiously.

"No, little buddy. Luigi is a person's name but the place must serve good food." Sonic replied.

"Well, Luigi sounds like a vegetable to me." Rouge said, sitting next to Tikal.

"Can we go, Sonic, please?" Amy asked him.

"Okay, we'll go. It's cheap and it's good eats. Team, let's go in and have some dinner." Sonic said, and then he opened his door, stepping outside.

"Cheap eats?" Shadow whispered, "That could be dangerous."

Knuckles opened the door to let the others out and Sonic led the way there. When the Sonic crew stepped into this Italian restraint, two certain friendly Italians greeted them, happily.

"Hello, and welcome to Papa Luigi's Restraint." The Mario Brothers said together.

Sonic looked at the shorter brother with the red hat. "Hey, you look familiar to me."

"Everyone says that, my friend." Mario said, chuckling. "Now please, have a table, be our guest, have the best and you are always right. Right, Luigi?" He asked, turning to his brother.

"Yes, very right, Mario." Luigi answered, grinning. "Welcome, welcome, welcome."

"Yeah, thanks." Sonic said, and so then he paid the bill for himself and his friends.

"Come sit with me, Sonic!" Amy said, taking him by the hand, leading him away.

"Help." Sonic said, in his tiny voice again.

"Such nice folks today." Mario said, smiling and then he continued cooking.

Amy made Sonic sit down where spaghetti and grape juice was waiting for them on a table. Sonic felt a little dizzy at first, a strange feeling and then suddenly, his stomach growled and that made Amy giggle quietly. Sonic blushed and he let his grin go free.

"You better eat something, hungry hedgehog." Amy said, pointing at his plate with her fork.

"I think I will, thanks." Sonic pushed aside his shyness, his nervousness and just settled down to have a meal with his friend. He was suddenly enjoying it and having a good time.

"This isn't too bad." Rouge said, eating her ravioli. "I wondered what it was though."

"It's pasta, basically." Knuckles told her. He was having pizza, one of his favorites.

Tails was having lasagna with Tikal at the other table while Shadow sat alone, by himself looking toward a window while eating soup and bread sticks. It was a great dinner for everyone and they all enjoyed it. Sonic was finishing his grape juice when he saw Eggman's truck again.

"Amy, get down." Sonic whispered, placing his cup on the table.

"What?" Amy asked, not hearing his words.

"Get down." Sonic said, more firmly this time and he ducked down with her. They hid under the table but Amy did not mind or care. She actually liked it.

"Oh, Sonic, how sweet of you…" Amy whispered, reaching to hug him.

"Quit that, Amy. It's not what you think. I saw Eggman again." He whispered.

"Did he follow us all the way here?" Amy asked, quietly. "How? Why?"

"I don't know." Sonic answered, "But I've got the RV behind this building."

"You won't let him take me, will you, Sonic?" Amy asked, a little scared at the moment.

"Well, I'll have to think about that one…" Sonic whispered, almost to himself.

"Sonic!" Amy said, upset now.

"Hey, I was only fooling but you're no fool to fall for that." Sonic winked.

"My true hero…" Amy smiled, and she finally hugged him.

Sonic slipped out of her hug and then he looked up toward the window. The truck was gone and then he helped Amy stand up again. The two hedgehogs sat down at the table again.

"Amy, could you eat some of these bread sticks?" Sonic asked her, and he offered her one.

"Yes, thank you." Amy answered, and she gladly took it.

Then Tails stood next to the blue hedgehog. "Sonic, it's getting dark outside. Should we leave soon and find a place to stop for the night?" Tails asked him.

"Sure, if everyone is ready, we'll go and look for a spot." Sonic replied.

"Okay, I'll let them know." Tails said, leaving.

"I'm getting excited." Amy said, cheerfully smiling.

"Why?" Sonic asked, suddenly curious.

"It will be my very first night ever to sleep in an RV, far away from home." Amy said to him, "We could watch the stars from the roof, listen to the wind and--"

"Uh, I think we better go now." Sonic said, standing up to avoid her talking.

"Okay, Sonic. Thanks for taking us here." Amy said, and she stood up, following him.

"No problem." Sonic said, "Now I guess we better find a place to stay for the night."

"Everybody's ready to go, Sonic. We've got some sleepy travelers here." Tails reported.

"Okay, good work, Tails. Let's get going and move on out." Sonic led the way.

The Sonic crew stepped outside and Sonic carefully looked around before turning toward the RV. He saw no other cars in sight and it was quiet. The sun was going down, ending another day and you would expect twilight to be a peaceful part of the day but not this time. When Sonic turned to face the RV, he saw Dr. Eggman in front of it, blocking the team's way to safety.

"If you value your life, miserable hedgehog, you will surrender your RV and bring me the Chaos Emerald. But if you refuse, I'll promise not to keep you alive for a petting zoo!"

"Forget it, Eggman!" Sonic said, firmly and he stood with his friends behind him. "You're not getting the RV or the Emerald and I'm sure not going to any petting zoo!"

"Very well. Then you're doom, pesky rodent!" Eggman moved to attack, while in his ship.

"Run, girls! This could get ugly." Sonic said, stepping toward the enemy ship.

"Is he out of his mind?" Knuckles asked and then he said, "No, he's right!" He agreed.

"We will have ultimate victory!" Shadow said, and he ran with Sonic, toward the ship.

"Jump, Shadow!" Sonic warned, pushing him away from a sharp laser fire.

"Ha! Ha! Ha! I'll make you pay for this!" Eggman said, laughing.

"No time for games!" Knuckles ran to attack, jumping toward the ship. "Take this!" Knuckles gave the ship a good hard punch and then he escaped in time to avoid an attack.

Then Sonic jumped toward the ship with a great homing attack, damaging the ship while Shadow attacked it from behind. Eggman was surrounded and did not expect to see teamwork. The girls watched as the boys all worked together to defeat Eggman but then they realized they had to help them in the fight. Rouge stood up with an idea.

"Follow me and we'll do the final touches." The bat said, and she found a fire hydrant.

"That's a bright idea!" Amy agreed, and she held her hammer to knock it open.

Tikal, the quiet girl was in deep thought. She rose to her feet after resting on one knee. "I must do something." She said to herself, reaching for a pie someone had thrown in a trashcan. She held it in her hands and when Eggman turned to fire a laser at Knuckles, she threw the pie.

"I'm sorry." Tikal said before she threw it, and then the pie made a direct hit in his face.

"Huh?" Knuckles was surprised to see Eggman with his face covered with pie cream.

Then suddenly, water from the fire hydrant began to splash onto his ship, further damaging it. Shadow attacked the ship again, followed by Sonic with another powerful homing attack.

"Oh no!" Eggman said, losing control of his ship. "My power is going down! It cannot be!"

"Well, it is, bumble bee!" Sonic said, giving him yet another homing attack, finishing him. "Don't you ever mess with the Hedgehog!" The hero said, pointing to himself, standing ready.

"It's not over yet, Sonic!" Eggman laughed. "If I can't find what I want, I'll just destroy this RV, your home on wheels will then be history!" He aimed his laser weapon toward the RV.

"Chaos Control!" Shadow shouted, and then the Eggman ship froze, unable to move or fire.

"This is not my day! Woe is me!" Eggman cried, facing his failure and loss.

"Let's jet, team! I don't like the company here!" Sonic said, leaving and satisfied.

His friends followed him to the RV and they drove passed Eggman who helplessly watched them get away, cheering for their victory. The RV disappeared into the darkness, safely escaping.