Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventures: "On the road" ❯ Great Emerald rush ( Chapter 25 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 25: Great Emerald rush

The Sonic team vanished with the RV in a bright light, leaving New York City to find the hidden Chaos Emeralds, which were five in number. Our great crew disappeared to travel and work together to reach victory. It would not be easy and danger would surely come in their path. In the meantime, we see Metal Sonic and Chaos step out from a dark alley after climbing out of the trash-dumpster. Metal threw a banana peel from off his head to the street, angry.

"That American will pay greatly and the hedgehog will be destroyed!" Metal growled.

"Oh, yeah!" Chaos said, nodding. "They disappeared and now we have to go after them in our Warp Saucer and find the hidden Emeralds before they get the chance."

"I know that already!" Metal said, walking toward the ship. "I'm sure I can track down the Doctor using our ship's radar…" Metal began working inside while Chaos stood outside. He looked up toward a building and he was very surprised to see Spider Man swing passed him.

"Uh…M…Metal…" Chaos gulped, pointing and trembling.

"Be quiet!" Metal yelled, "How can I concentrate with a ding dong like you?"

"I…I--I saw Spider Man!" Chaos said, but Metal shook his head with disbelief.

"Nonsense!" Metal told him, "There's no such thing as Spider Man in New York."

"But…but I…" Chaos gulped again. "I…um…I thought…I saw…"

"Enough! We have to go now. I found the signal. Get in here, weirdo!" Metal called.

"Okay, but I'm telling you that Spider Man is real." Then Chaos entered the small ship.

"After what I've been through, I almost believe in Luke Skywalker, but I'll never believe in Spider Man." Metal said, "I'll have to see it to believe it." He took control of the Warp Saucer and then the ship vanished. The eyes of Spider Man watched them leave.

"Those two are the strangest villains I ever saw." He said to himself before returning to his duty.

= = = = =

Now we find our heroes in the adventurous RV, which suddenly landed on the ground and everyone tumbled off their chairs, except for the driver: Sonic the Hedgehog. He gripped the steering wheel tightly as the RV bumped up and down, up and down again until at last, it stopped.

"Whew!" Sonic breathed with relief when it finally stopped.

"What a crash! That was a shocking experience." Knuckles groaned, sitting up.

"At least we're alive." Tikal reminded everyone.

"Yeah, we made it, but I wonder where." Amy said, fixing her red headband.

"I could find out using my laptop computer." Tails began typing on his keyboard, searching.

Rouge screamed when she saw her hand. "Oh no! Disaster! I broke a nail!"

"So what? Nails grow back." Knuckles shrugged, simply.

"What in New York?" Scotty asked, and he sat up next to Shadow. "Are you okay?"

"I need some coffee." Shadow sighed, quietly.

Sonic closed his eyes and rested his head against the chair for a moment and then Tails came to his side to tell him of their location. "Sonic, we're in Canada." He told him.

"Canada, huh? Well, I'll go outside and have a look." Sonic stood up from the driver's seat and walked to the exit door. He opened it, but instead of stepping out he fell out.

"SONIC!" Knuckles screamed and he caught him in time but Scotty had to catch the echidna.

"SHADOW!" Scotty called; losing his grip as Knuckles was slipping away.

"What's going on here?" Shadow asked, turning from the coffee machine. When he saw where they were, he and the entire team screamed. They were on a high cliff, which was quite dangerous, I must say, especially when trapped inside a RV, don't you agree?

"I agree that this is NOT where we should've landed." Sonic said, after he recovered from the shock of nearly falling out of the RV and down the high cliff far below. Now they were inside.

"Oh, dear." Amy whispered and she covered her mouth with her hands, shocked.

"Uh-oh." Tails gulped and began searching for an answer with his computer.

"What happened to us?" Scotty asked, after he caught his breath.

"It looks like we traveled to the right location in Canada," Shadow tried to explain, "But I have no idea how or why we're on this cliff. There's no telling how far we've come."

"Wow, maybe we time traveled and are at the time of dinosaurs." Tikal said.

"Or maybe it's the future with hungry space creatures." Knuckles teased, rolling his eyes.

"Help!" Tikal gasped and hid behind Rouge who was sitting on the sofa.

"Never mind how we got here. We need to know how to get off!" The bat said.

"Yeah, before this thing starts to--" Sonic gasped as the RV moved slightly. "…fall?"

"Sonic, it-it's moving!" Amy screamed; closing her eyes and she squeezed him.

"Release me!" Sonic cried for his life, struggling to free himself but she held on.

"Hey, you guys, don't move or it'll tip over!" Knuckles warned.

"H-E-L-P!" Sonic gasped for air as Amy held him tight, afraid.

"If what I fear is the truth, the RV is going tail down." Shadow said, and then the RV suddenly moved backward, pointing downward and the team rolled to the wall uncontrollably.

"Oh no! We're going down!" Scotty gasped with his eyes closed.

"I-can't-move!" Sonic panted, still in the tight grasp of the frightened Amy.

"Yikes!" Knuckles yelled, gripping the exit door's handle. "Hang on to something!"

"Hang on to something!" Shadow repeated to the others.

"Hold on tight, American! This is going to be rough!" Rouge warned the crime fighter.

"I understand, but-Whoa!" Scotty yelled as the RV leaned down further and the team held on tight for life or else, they would face a deadly fall down the cliff below them.

"This is fabulous! But next year, I plan the vacation!" Shadow yelled, shaking his head.

"Don't-blame-me!" Sonic choked as Amy held him tighter, if that was possible.

"Whatever you do, Freeway, don't look down!" Tails said to the baby deer in his red backpack. Freeway blinked her eyes when she peeked out, but when see looked down she hid herself back inside, trembling. "There, you see?" Tails asked, and Freeway nodded her head.

Knuckles risked it and looked down. Then he saw the back bedroom with the window closed below him as he held on. He looked up and saw the two front seats and the windshield. "I've got to get the Emeralds!" The red echidna said, and then as careful as he could be, he moved slightly.

Scotty was sweating as he watched him climb and Tikal gasped when Knuckles made it to the front seat. The female echidna suddenly lost her grip, screaming as she fell all the way down to the back window, which caught her to break her fall. She was down with her eyes closed and the glass shattered slightly. Thankfully, it held together to save her, but that would not last.

"TIKAL!" Knuckles called when he saw her down there on the glass.

"Don't move!" Scotty said, and he pulled out his Emerald Sword. "I'm coming, Tikal!" He pointed his Sword toward the passenger seat and the Sword shot forth a thin but strong wire, which wrapped around the chair. After testing it twice, Scotty moved from his safe place and holding on to his Sword, he made his way down to the back bedroom and to the window.

"Oh…" Tikal moaned when she opened her eyes slightly and felt head pain.

"Don't move, Tikal!" Scotty warned, coming down to reach her.

Tikal froze when she saw and knew where she was, but she could not close her eyes. She trembled slightly, uncontrollably with fear and dread. Her heart thumped painfully and she began to breathe uneasily. Scotty remembered saving others in difficult situations and so he was prepared to quickly catch her in time, and he did so just before the glass broke.

Scotty held her with one arm and held his Sword with his other hand, watching the glass shatter until it became a broken window. Tikal screamed at the sight and closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around the crime fighter's neck, but a little too tight for him.

"Ah! T--Tikal, you're choking me!" He gasped; closing his eyes and tried to breathe.

"Welcome to-the club!" Sonic choked, holding on to the table's leg with Amy holding him.

Shadow shook his head and then he gasped when he saw the coffee machine falling away. "NOOOOOOOOOO!" Shadow screamed and he reached for it just in time to save it. He placed it back in a safer place and gave it a few pats before holding on again to the sink.

Everyone else rolled their eyes, surprised at the strange emergency and rescue.

"Rouge, catch! Pass it to Shadow!" Knuckles called, tossing an Emerald to her. The bat caught it perfectly and then she passed it down to Shadow who was holding on to the kitchen sink.

Then suddenly without warning, the RV began to fall down the dangerous cliff with the screaming team inside. Shadow closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "Chaos Control!"

The RV vanished into a bright light before falling to the ground to destruction. It was a few moments later when the RV reappeared and landed safely on firm ground, safe at last. When the dust settled and calm stillness came to be true, Sonic ran out of the RV, breathing the air.

"I'm free! Oh, yeah, I'm free!" He shouted and jumped for joy.

"Hey, we're alive and we're safe!" Knuckles said, laughing.

"Where did Sonic go?" Tails asked, and he let Freeway out of the backpack.

"He's outside taking a breath." Scotty replied and he placed his weapon back on to his belt.

"Oh, Sonic! My hero!" Amy called and she ran outside to him, giggling.

"Not again!" Sonic yelped and he ran for the trees.

"Hey! Come back!" Knuckles called, running out with the others following.

"Great, now my coffee is going to get cold!" Shadow groaned before running out.

"Sonic!" Tails called, running to find him and Scotty was running beside him.

Sonic suddenly stopped running when he heard the voice of Tails, and then suddenly, Amy caught him, hugging with a smile of delight and Sonic rolled his eyes, sighing.

"Uh-oh!" Knuckles gasped and before he could stop, he crashed landed on Sonic, followed by Shadow, Tails and Scotty. They were running so fast; they could not stop in time.

"How did I get myself into this? Why me?" Sonic asked himself. He opened his eyes and then he gasped when he saw an Emerald on a tree stump. "I found it!" He shouted and everyone jumped.

"Found what? Your sense?" Shadow asked, crossing his arms with an angry face.

"No! I found an Emerald! It's over there!" Sonic pointed to the tree stump.

"Cool." Scotty said and he stood up to brush the dust off himself.

"Well, that's one down and four more to go." Knuckles said with relief.

"Think again, knucklehead!" A familiar voice said, and the team saw it to be…

"Dr. Eggman!" The crew said, standing with the tree stump between them and the scientist.

"Yes, I have returned for revenge, but first, I want that Chaos Emerald!" Eggman pointed toward it and then he turned to the robot hedgehog. "Metal, get that Emerald!"

"If you give me a raise." Metal said, jokily and then Eggman slapped him.

"Now!" He commanded and then Metal shrugged.

"Just wanted to ask." Metal said and with Chaos beside him, he turned to the jewel.

But before anyone could reach for it, a little chipmunk appeared on the tree stump, no bigger than a bird and he had his eyes on the Emerald, thinking it was a delicious acorn to eat. Licking his lips, he snatched the Emerald and hopped away, happily. Everyone's mouth dropped open.

"After that rodent!" Sonic said, and then he ran with his friends following.

"Go after them!" Eggman commanded and Metal with Chaos ran, following the others.

The hungry little chipmunk looked for a safe place to hide his newly found treasure, hopping from one place to the next, sniffing and when unsatisfied, he hopped to another location, seeking to find. He stopped and scratched on the earth's surface and shrugged, but then he turned to see a very nice place to bury his food for the winter. 'Perfect!' He seemed to squeak the word, and then he pushed and shoved the Emerald, trying to get it down and under, but then he heard someone.

"Hand over that Emerald this instant! Give it to me!" Knuckles demanded, running.

The chipmunk looked up with his eyes widening when he saw everyone after him. He screamed out with fright and then he ran with the Emerald, running as fast as he could. Scotty suddenly stopped running and he could see that it was useless to chase him, but what could be done?

"Oh, why can't an idea just hit me?" He asked, and like an answer, something fell from a tree, hitting him on the head. "Ouch!" He rested a hand on his head, looking down to see an acorn. "I've got an idea!" The crime fighter snapped his fingers and ran another way with the acorn.

Meanwhile, the chipmunk carefully and silently tip toped behind a rock, but then, there was Metal. "Surrender or perish, fur ball!" The robot aimed a weapon toward the chipmunk, which screamed and ran for its life with the Emerald, escaping and avoided laser beam attacks.

"There he goes!" Tails pointed toward a hilltop and Sonic with Shadow raced up there.

The chipmunk, out of breath and sweating saw that he was trapped on the hill and he turned to see Metal, Chaos, Sonic and his crew coming toward him for the Emerald. After writing a small will on a piece of paper, the chipmunk jumped, riding on the Emerald down the steep hill below, surprising everyone watching. His screams faded into silence as he vanished in the mist.

"How dramatic!" Sonic said, and covered his eyes, shaking his head, no.

"Never mind that now!" Metal said, pointing toward the Sonic crew. "You're doomed!"

"Metal?" Chaos asked, tugging his arm when he saw that they were covered with a shadow.

"Not now, Chaos! Can't you see we're going to win the war?" Metal asked him.

"But I see…" Chaos gulped, pointing above them, trembling.

"No more Spider Man stuff! Nothing will stop us this time! Nothing!!!" Metal laughed.

"TIMBER!" Chaos screamed and then a tree fell on them all the sudden after a busy beaver chewed its way down, working away and unaware that he saved the Sonic crew.

"Hurry, team! Maybe we can still catch him!" Sonic called, jumping over the fallen tree.

= = = = =

After they climbed down the hill, Sonic and his friends found the girls and the RV, safe and sound. They turned and saw Scotty the crime fighter with the missing Emerald, which was now found. Scotty gave the Emerald to Knuckles and then he explained.

"I gave the chipmunk an acorn instead." He told them, smiling and everyone sighed.

"Just imagine all the trouble we could've avoided if we just gave him a nut!" Sonic said.

"How pathetic." Shadow shook his head, closing his eyes.

"Well, at least we found it. Now we must hurry and find the others." Tails reminded.

"Right!" Knuckles said; nodding and then he ran into the RV with the Emerald. Now with three of them, the RV once again began to travel with everyone safely inside. The enemy would be dangerously following them, but without doubting, Sonic reached out and hoped for victory. It was like a race and he wanted to finish it as the winner, just like always.