Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic and Katrina ❯ A Romantic Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]








This is a request from Inuyashas Girl179! She asked me to write this so I did! Hope u like this Inuyashas Girl!










It was a hot summer day in Station Square,the sun was shining brightly,not too hot,not too cold. The Emerald Coast beach was a popular resort for many travelers and tourists. A blue blur sped across the sandy beach,skimming the surface of the clear ocean water. He stopped running at the end of the beach. He was Sonic the hedgehog,one speedy little critter that is carefree,laidback,and totally cool. He smirked and looked around. "Man,this place is getting too crowded for me,I'm bored!" In the busy crowd,he suddenly spotted a purple blur running through the beach. Sonic grinned. "Well,looks like I got a speeder on the coast!" He started running through the beach,quickly catching up with the mysterious purple blur. Just as he caught up,the purple blur went faster,blasting away from the blue blur. Sonic was shocked,nobody could ever be as fast as him. He started running faster. Again,he caught up with the blur. But yet again,the purple blur sped past him. Suddenly,as the purple was speeding past Sonic,both of their feet hit and tripped both blurs. Both Sonic and the purple blur fell to the ground. After a few seconds,Sonic opened his eyes and found that he was on top of a female purple hedgehog. She had quills exactly like sonic's but she had two long bangs. She wore a light blue tanktop with a blue mini skirt along with blue smoes with light blue stripes. She groaned and tried to get up,but Sonic was on her. She flipped over and gasped. "You're Sonic! I'm so sorry!" Sonic got off her and stood up. "Eh,no biggee. Sorry,miss." The purple hedgehog stood up and dusted herself off. "That's okay! You can call me Katrina." Sonic smiled. "Thanks,Katrina! How did you run so fast?" Katrina smiled. "It's my natural hedgehog speed that is my feed!" Sonic grinned. "You got quite an attitude! You're just like me!" Katrina giggled. "That's because I always wanted to be just like you! I always admired your speed and attitude!" Sonic smiled. "That's cool and totally sweet! Hey,how about another race?" Katrina grinned and dashed away as a purple blur. "Catch me if ya can!" Sonic laughed and started racing after her. He quickly caught up with her as they ran through the beach.Both hedgehogs were now neck to neck as they entered a grassy field. They ran over dozens of rolling hills and plains. As they turned aroud and started running back to the beach,both were neck to neck. Sonic grinned as he ran next to Katrina. "You think you can beat me?" Katrina smirked. "Watch me! You're going down!" Sonic grinned and sped up to his fastest,he blasted past the girl and re-entered the beach. Katrina grinned and sped up to her fastest. They were now neck to neck as they got closer to the end of the beach. They both screeched to a halt. They both panted heavily and laughed. Sonic was the first to talk. "Tie! You're almost faster than me!" Katrina quickly caught her breath and smiled. "No,you gave me quite an awesome race there!" Sonic soon caught his breath. Katrina was getting bored. "Want another race? I'm getting bored here!" Sonic backed away. "Uh,I'm beat! Maybe we can do something else to pass the time!" Katrina thought for a minute,she snapped her fingers. "I got it! Want to swim race?" Sonic gasped and backed away. Katrina grabbed Sonic's arm and started dragging him to the water. Sonic tried to get out of her grip,but she was very strong. "Um,can we do something else,please? I'm allergic to H2O!" She didn't listen as they got closer to the water. Sonic started panicing. "Katrina,no! NOT THE WATER,ANYTHING BUT THE WATER!!!" Katrina entered the cool water,but when Sonic's feet touched it,he jumped out of Katrina's grip and shivered. "Brr,that is too cool!" Katrina turned around and laughed. "Aww come on,Sonic! You're ruining all the fun!" Sonic calmed down. "Sorry,girl. But water's not my thing. I'll catch ya later!" Sonic sped off away from the beach. As he sped off,Katrina saw a glittering stone buried in the sand. She walked over to it and dug it out. It was a green chaos emerald. Katrina gasped. "Is this a chaos emerald? I should give this to Sonic,wherever he is." She sped off the beach at supersonic speed.



Out on a flower field far away,Sonic was peacefully resting in the white flowers he likes so much. He gently picked a flower and sniffed it and sighed. He closed his eyes and continued resting. He opened his eyes and saw a purple flower poking out of all the white ones. He sat up and looked at it. "Hm,never seen this flower before." The flower somehow reminded him of Katrina. Sonic sighed sadly. "I shouldn't have ran off on her like that. What if she's lonely or sad?" He gently picked the purple flower and stood up. He suddenly heard a voice callng him. Sonic looked around and saw a purple figure walking through the floral field. Sonic looked closer and saw that it was Katrina. Sonic whistled loudly and waved out to the girl. Katrina heard the whistle and stopped walking,she turned to the left and saw Sonic. She started walking to him calmly and being careful not to step on any flowers. After a few seconds,she got to him and smiled. "Hey,Sonic. Um,sorry about the water thing." She sighed and looked to the ground. Sonic reached his hand out and held her chin up. "No,I'm sorry for running off on you. I was a real jerk back there. Here,have a flower to make you feel better." He held out the purple flower to her,she smiled and gently took it. "Thank you,Sonic. Here,I found this." She pulled out the green chaos emerald. Sonic gasped and gently took it. "Whoa,you found a chaos emerald!" Katrina smiled and sniffed her flower. "Yeah,I found it at the beach after you left,I was think you would need it." Sonic smiled. "Yeah,I do need it! Thanks alot!" Katrina smiled and turned away. "I guess I should be going. I'll see you later,Sonic." She started walking away from Sonic. Sonic gasped and started walking after her. He caught up. "Katrina,maybe we can go somewhere if you want. It'll be anything to cheer you up!" Katrina smiled. "Really? Oh, I'd love to! You know,since you're afraid of water,I can give you swimming lessons!" Sonic chuckled and gulped. "Well,if it will keep you happy,then let's do it!" Katrina smiled and hugged Sonic. "Oh,thank you,Sonic! You're a good friend! Let's go!" Sonic laughed a littled and started running. Katrina started racing him to the beach.


After a few minutes,the two hedgehogs arrived back at the beach. The beach was less crowded now that it was the afternoon. Katrina had a towel and umbrella near the water,she walked to it and took her shoes off. Sonic walked by the water and gulped. "Water,so wet,so cold!" Katrina walked to him and giggled. "Come on,water's fun! Chill out!" Sonic sighed. "I'll try!" Katrina smiled and stepped into the calm water. She turned to Sonic. "Get in,the water's great!" Sonic gulped and slowly put his foot in the water,he shivered at the feeling,but kept his foot in. Katrina giggled. "Come on,Sonic! Are you a hedgehog or a chicken?" Sonic grinned. "Niether,I'm a waterhog!" Sonic jumped into the deeper water,splashing Katrina.The girl was laughing as Sonic stood up soaking wet. He was able to touch the bottom of the water. He started laughing. Katrina continued laughing. "Well,I gues you are!" Sonic calmed down and looked around him. "This isn't so bad,I'm liking it!" Katrina grinned. "Will you like this?" Katrina suddenly splashed some water at Sonic. "Hey! Alright,you asked for it!" Sonic started splashing at Katrina. The purple hedgehog splashed back and dived underwater. Sonic couldn't see her as she snuck up behind him. Sonic heard her and quickly turned around. Katrina laughed and dunked him underwater. Sonic quickly got back up and splashed at her. Karina went underwater again,but Sonic dunked her. Katrina got out of the water and started laughing. She stopped laughing and tackled Sonic into the water. They both laughed. As they calmed down,they both noticed what they were doing. They both quickly got up and backed away. Sonic talked first,his face was a little red. "Heh heh,sorry! Guess I got carried away." Katrina's face was also red. "Um,me too." They both kept silent for another minute before they calmed down. They both walked out of the water and sat at Katrina's towel. Sonic sighed and looked out to the ocean. Katrina did the same,she grabbed a towel and dried herself off. She handed the towel to Sonic. "Dry yourself before you get the chills,Sonic!" Sonic took the towel and dried himself off. He handed the towel back to Katrina. She picked up her purple flower and sniffed it. She sighed. "I had a great day,Sonic. This is the best day of my life,I've never been so happy!" Sonic chuckled. "Yeah,I've never knew someone like you before could be like me." Katrina nodded. "Yeah,you seem so special to me,even though I hardly know you." Sonic smiled. "Same here,Katrina." Sonic gently took the purple flower out of Katrina's hand. He gently put it in Katrina's quills,she was nervous. Sonic smiled. "Much better,it matches your fur!" Katrina's face was a little red. "Really?" Sonic nodded. "Yep,and I bet you'd look better with more!" Katrina was getting very nervous. "Wow,do you really think so?" Sonic nodded and stood up. "You bet! How about we go get some?" Katrina stood up and smiled. "Okay,let's go!" They both sped off of the beach at supersonic speed.


After a short while,the two hedgehogs arrived back at the large flower field. The sun was starting to set,the flowers gave a colorful glow. Katrina gasped. "Wow,it's so beautiful here!" Sonic smiled. "Yeah,they are,that's what's so amazing about them." Katrina saw many white flowers glowing in the sun's gleaming light. Sonic picked several flowers and handed them to Katrina,she smiled. "Thank you,Sonic. I can't believe you're doing this for me. Why are you?" Sonic gently put the flowers in her quills. "Because,I think you're the most beautiful person I know." Katrina smiled. "Oh,that's so sweet! No one has ever said that to me before!" Sonic smiled. "Well,I guess the hero says it all!" They both laughed. Katrina soon calmed down and sighed. She looked out to the setting sun,it was glowing a dim orange. Sonic looked at it as well. Katrina sighed. "Wow,I've never seen a suset like that in my life! It's so beautiful!" Sonic smiled. "Yeah,it is." Katrina sighed again. "Doesn't the sunset and flowers look romantic?" Sonic froze,but then he smiled. "Yeah,I guess they do." Katrina sat down and looked at the sunset. Sonic sat down as well. They sky was starting to get dark. Katrina saw the sun set below the horizon. "Sonic,do you really mean about the things you said?" Sonic smiled. "Of course I do, Katrina. Why are you asking?" Katrina looked at him. "Well,I have a feeling that you're lying about something." Sonic chuckles. "The hero never lies." Katrina looked back into the darkening sky. "Do you see any stars,Sonic?" Sonic looked around. "No,but we'll see them." Suddenly,a meteor shot through the sky,then another. Katrina gasped as more meteors crossed the sky. "It's a meteor shower!" She watched the meteors fly. Sonic chuckled and looked at the white streaks. "What a view!" Katrina saw thousands of meteors. "Wow,this is so cool I've never seen anything like it!" She watched as the meteors started fading away into the night sky. The sky was now completely dark,and thousands of stars were showing. Katrina leaned on Sonic and sighed. Sonic was disturbed,but he smiled and sighed. Katrina looked up into the sky,she saw a single meteor cross the sky. Sonic saw a large yellow object start rising over the ocean. Katrina saw it. "Look,Sonic! The moon is rising!" Sonic smiled. "I can see it from here,it's great!" Sonic slowly put his arm around Katrina. She was getting very nervous. Sonic noticed this. "Something wrong?" Katrina was almost speechless. "Well,it's just that,you're getting me nervous." Sonic chuckled. "You're getting me nervous,too!" Katrina sat up and looked at him. "Sonic,I want to know why you are like this to me,I know you're lying about something." Sonic sat up and looked at her. "Well,I really am hiding the truth,I'm just afraid to say it." Katrina looked into the sky. "Hm,a hero never lies,huh? Doesn't sound like it!" She giggled a little,Sonic laughed a little. They both calmed down and continued looking at the stars. Katrina suddenly felt something touch her hand. She looked and saw Sonic's hand touching her's. Her face was red again. Sonic looked at her with a smile on his face. Katrina moved her hand away. "Um,why are you afraid to say the truth? And why were you touching me?" Sonic looked at the moon,it was much higher and whiter. The flowers were glowing brightly from the moon's light. He looked at Katrina,he reached out and pulled out one of the white flowers in her quills. She saw it glowing. Sonic gave it to her and smiled. "You wanna know my secret?" Katrina nodded. Sonic smiled. "Okay,let me give you a hint. It starts with an I and ends with a U." Katrina thought for a moment,Sonic shook his head. "Ding,out of time!" Katrina sighed. "I couldn't think of anything! What is it?" Sonic scooted closer to her. Katrina was getting very nervous. Sonic grabbed her hand. "Is it that hard to tell? haven't you heard of I love you?" Katrina gasped. "What?!" Sonic wrapped his arms around her. "You heard what I said,I love you!" Katrina was speechless. "W-Wow! We've only known each other for one day,and you love me?" Sonic nodded. "Yep! I've never knew anyone else like you,you're the one for me!" Katrina had tears in her eyes. Sonic noticed this. "What's wrong?" Katrina looked at him. "Nothing's wrong,I'm just so happy! I've always loved you,Sonic! I always wished we were together,and it came true! I love you,Sonic!" Katrina hugged Sonic tightly,tears streaming down her face. Sonic wiped them away. "I love you,too,Katrina. We'll go on adventures everyday and travel the world together! And nothing can stand in our way of love." Katrina Sat up and looked into Sonic's eyes. He looked into her eyes. They both leaned in,their lips touched for the first time. They both closed their eyes as they kissed. After a few seconds,their lips parted. Katrina looked at her watch,it was midnight. She gasped and stood up. "Oh my gosh! It's so late! I have to get home!" Sonic stood up. "For anything important?" Katrina shook her head. "No,but I must really get home." Sonic hugged her tightly. "You can stay at my place if you want." Katrina smiled and hugged Sonic. "Okay,let's go home,Sonic!" Sonic picked her up and carried her back to Station Square as a soon married couple.




So,whad'ya think ,inuyashasgirl179? You like it? this is my very first fic request,so I'm open to many more! C ya!