Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic : Dark Future ❯ Left Behind ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Shadow, Mighty, Cream, Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Fang, Bark, Bean, Wave, Jet, Storm, Rouge, Espio, Vector, Charmy, Vanilla, Omega are all copyrighted by Sonic Team.
 
Amami Cybun (rabbit) and Duo Nepaus (skunk) are characters created by me.
 
 
 
 
The black rabbit sat in the corner of the cell, huddled in a blue dress. She looked out fearfully, expecting any minute for Dr. Robotnik to show up and shove her into one of his machines. What made the anxiety about it worse was that she could see the entire cell block. A red man entered the cell block. He stopped at one cell for a moment, then he started heading towards her part of the block. She curled up even more, clenching her eyes shut. Thiz iz it. He'z finally gonna put me in a `bot.
She heard someone stop at the cell door and start unlocking the door, making her curl up tighter. “You're not afraid ta see me, are ya?” The man said as the cell door swung open. It wasn't the doctor's voice, but she did recognize it.
“Mighty!” She shouted, jumping up to hug the armadillo. In a sweep of his arms, he picked her up and backed out of the cell.
“We've no time to celebrate.” Might said, rushing back towards the entrance. “Need ta get out uv here before more `bots come.”
Amami looked down one end of the corridor they were about to enter. Pointing to three people fighting, her voice shook. “Like thoze?”
Looking at one she pointed to, Mighty groaned. “We can't leave yet…”
 
With his claw stuck, he kicked the robot off his claw and sent it careening into another robot with a second punch. He glanced to the side to see Storm crashing around among the robots, making no progress. Rouge was having as much luck against the beasts as he was. The robots were boxing them in, no matter how hard they tried to get out. Maybe escape is impossible.
Or maybe he just gave up too soon. Before he could realize what was happening, a small rabbit was forced into his hands as Mighty appeared before him, kicking a robot into a small group. “Run.” He muttered, dropping a pellet to the floor, which began to spew smoke.
Knuckles stood stunned for a moment, processing all that had happened and looking at the rabbit that had appeared in his arms. Rouge wasted no time with the distraction, pushing Knuckles into running. “Move it, knuckle-head!” She yelled as Storm barreled along ahead of them, crashing through the doors.
“No need to knock now.” He murmured as he continued to rush outside, only stopping when he slammed into a tree. Rouge jumped into a tree as she and Knuckles caught up with the albatross.
Setting the rabbit down, he looked at the rabbit's face. “You're eyes are green. That is rather odd.”
Before the rabbit could reply, Mighty skid to a halt just before hitting a tree. “C'mon, Amami. We need to get out of here. Espio can wait a few days.”